1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Grand Theft Auto V: Atlanta

Billy Costigan

Billy Costigan

Think about it. Liberty City, although directly based on NYC, represents the culture geography of most Northwestern metropolitan cities in America, and Chicago. Point being, I highly doubt they'll do any city above D.C.

We already had the West Coast in San Andreas. Rockstar is going to want to dip their feet in something new to keep it fresh WHILE keeping it authentic to what they know, AMERICA.

Thus, Atlanta. One of the most popular cities in America with a culture of it's own. A newer metropolitan city and many subcultures. In music alone it has a great hub for hip hop and rock. Also it has memorable landmarks such as the Coca Cola factory, the 1996 Olympics, and Underground Atlanta.

Also, an advantage would be to throw in Vice City as downloadable content for die hard fans. Kind of like San Andreas, San Fierro and Las Venturas. Atlanta, Nashville, and Vice City. It really is the most logical choice.

Think about it. Liberty City, although directly based on NYC, represents the culture geography of most Northwestern metropolitan cities

I must correct you, New York is on the East Coast not West. As for Atlanta, No. Its not iconic enough in pop culture for a replica setting to attract people to the game.

Think about it. Liberty City, although directly based on NYC, represents the culture geography of most Northwestern metropolitan cities

I must correct you, New York is on the East Coast not West. As for Atlanta, No. Its not iconic enough in pop culture for a replica setting to attract people to the game.

I agree with you. Atlanta has absolutely no relations to Grand Theft Auto in terms of pop culture. All you'll ever find in Atlanta is black people thinking they're all gangster and G'ed up and whatnot. Absolutely not fitting the scene with Grand Theft Auto. I mean what is this kid thinking of?

What exactly is the point of this topic? And how is Atlanta a better choice than Chicago? If GTA is in the south, I'd rather new Orleans or the obvious Vice City.

And DK, that's not at all what you find in ATL. They have fake drug dealers, a few real drug dealers, and a sh*tload of tight pants rappers.

gta new orleans present day could be awesome with the crime part of gta in mind!

might be able to do a lot with the media part, too. especially in terms of controversial opinion like they do.

I am convinced it is VC again, but you guys make some good points around these topics.

I agree with you. Atlanta has absolutely no relations to Grand Theft Auto in terms of pop culture. All you'll ever find in Atlanta is black people thinking they're all gangster and G'ed up and whatnot. Absolutely not fitting the scene with Grand Theft Auto. I mean what is this kid thinking of?

Why you being races for there is black people every where even more than atlanta should just said atlanta is just not suitable for Gta.

What exactly is the point of this topic? And how is Atlanta a better choice than Chicago? If GTA is in the south, I'd rather new Orleans or the obvious Vice City.

And DK, that's not at all what you find in ATL. They have fake drug dealers, a few real drug dealers, and a sh*tload of tight pants rappers.

I know that all I'm stating is that ATL wouldn't be a good location..

Why you being races for there is black people every where even more than atlanta should just said atlanta is just not suitable for Gta.

His point was that half of the gangsters in ATL are fake. Silicon gangstas, if you might.

His point was that half of the gangsters in ATL are fake. Silicon gangstas, if you might.

there is no such thing as fake gangsta on the streets fake gangsta are the ones that bang on the internet.

Edited by skillz7855

there is no suck thing as fake gansta on the streets fake gansta are the ones that bang on the internet If really ben to ATL it is really filled with hustlas and tons of gays thats ATL for ya

First of all, your grammar and English stink.

Second of all your aphorisms absolutely make no sense. Instead of stating your opinions about ATL, you just ramble about 'fake ganstas' and whatnot. Get real instead of going on this website and irritating us with your non-related statements that does not apply to the topic.

I would love to have southern USA, but ATL doesnt have enough pop culture to be based upon.

I think New Orleans would be perfect for the next GTA.

Billy Costigan

* I meant Northeastern, obviously.

* Chicago and NYC are practically idential, one is Northeast and the other is Midwest. Only differences is their types of pizza.

* Atlanta has A LOT more pop culture references than New Orleans. Really. You take Lil Wayne and Mardi Gras away from NO and it has nothing other than the Saints.

* If you actually took the time to read what I posted, I said this idea would incorporate Vice City. It wouldn't be strictly Atlanta. They could even add New Orleans, too.

• Like 1
* Atlanta has A LOT more pop culture references than New Orleans. Really. You take Lil Wayne and Mardi Gras away from NO and it has nothing other than the Saints.

I disagree, when i think of Atlanta i think of a fairly average US city with alot of gangs.

However New Orleans has a general feel different from anywhere else in the US.

* I meant Northeastern, obviously.

* Chicago and NYC are practically idential, one is Northeast and the other is Midwest. Only differences is their types of pizza.

* If you actually took the time to read what I posted, I said this idea would incorporate Vice City. It wouldn't be strictly Atlanta. They could even add New Orleans, too.

Were you born yesterday, or are you just stupid?

how about atlanta, new orleans, and miami all together. I like atlanta because you never really here about it, the ghettos are extremely horrible, and then you have the big city part.

1. Have you been to both Chicago and NY, they're not both "pratically identical". Both cities have different atmospheres and people.

2. If you take away the fact that CNN and Coca Cola are based in Atlant what are you left with? Nothing thats iconic.

All I know about Atlanta is that they make Coca Cola there.

It's just not prominent enough for another GTA. Everyone knows what California, Miami and New York look like, but not ATLANTA!

Atlanta is like Houston. Barely a city. And Chicago and New York, very different. That's why it could only be a supporting city.

I don't think Atlanta would do to good, Ive looked up their Gangs, not to noticablew or known, and not enough of them, or at least the ones that are there are minor, theres hardley any organized crime figures in Atlanta either, so not much variety of "Gangs" in general. Bad idea i think, i apreciate the effort you have made, but mabey you could have tried harder...put a gangs list, based on real gangs, possible story e.t.c.??

f*cking racist

I'd like to see something along the lines of a southern based GTA, the swamps of lousiana and florida, georgia. Something tri-state would be pretty cool.

Edited by Scifen

I live in Atlanta... It's the perfect balance between ghetto and awesome. There's a bit of everything. Plus there's MARTA, so the subway system still works. You've got two or three airports, one is the busiest in the world. Atlanta is 100% perfect.

I hate to give this guy any more credit than he deserves, but this thread has inspired me to make a concept based in New Orleans, Atlanta, and Vice City. Good job.

f*cking racist

I'd like to see something along the lines of a southern based GTA, the swamps of lousiana and florida, georgia. Something tri-state would be pretty cool.

What is black people derogatory now?

• 9 months later...

as true as ATL having fake gangsters is, thats not a reason to not have ATL in a GTA game. I agree with the OP, unlike so many other people. ATL has a crooked police dept., reasonable size(for causing mayhem), Coke (sprunk) factory, GA aquarium, staduim, and a whole lotta roads..

R* even had Atlanta in Midnight Club 3, so why not?