GTA - kinect

ckasper502

vanishingpilot

Sure, it may be fun for some applications, movies and stuff like that, but I don't see this thing in GTA. Ever.

Would ruin the gameplay completely.

Saw the demo in the live microsoft conference.... kind of meh-ish, really.

unknowngtafan

Kinect will be used for things like sports games, and kid games. NOT something that invloves, stealin cars and killin people

Yeah that star wars thing.... Of course we didn't actually get to see someone play it, but it felt very much like the character were moving on rails, it seamed like the only thing he controlled were the force wave and the lightsaber.

The last thing I want is a GTA on rails.

I don't know but you could be walking in place or running just like in that sports game. I doubt every kinect compatible game will be moving on rails.

We'll have to wait ad see.

Kinect will be used for things like sports games, and kid games. NOT something that invloves, stealin cars and killin people

Hijacking a car, its that possible with Kinect?

I could imagine someone testing out the Kinect, jumping around trying to see what they look like on screen. Then point the middle finger and the Kinect will capture it.

The_Mario_Man

If you have to do a weird little run in place thing to get anywhere, then HELL NO.

I think it'd be fine for things like bowling, or some other mini-games, but as the main control mechanic of the game? I'd think just shell out a few hundred for a new PC to run it, and not be bothered with any motion control stuff.

Well I'm pretty sure Metal Gear Solid Rising will feature Kinect. It will involve chopping everybody up into pieces and it wo't be a game for kids.

Yeah that star wars thing.... Of course we didn't actually get to see someone play it, but it felt very much like the character were moving on rails, it seamed like the only thing he controlled were the force wave and the lightsaber.

The last thing I want is a GTA on rails.

I don't know but you could be walking in place or running just like in that sports game. I doubt every kinect compatible game will be moving on rails.

We'll have to wait ad see.

Maybe? But then there's the obvious question.

Would you want to stand and run in front of you tv, for more then 10 - 20 min.

That spot game didn't last more then a few sec/min, just getting out of your house and in the car can take more then that. I don't want to be standing in front of my tv for hours, not if the alternative is to sit down, and with sharper controls.

Well I'm pretty sure Metal Gear Solid Rising will feature Kinect

Why... Would'n that have been smart to announce,why would they not tell that.

I don't know why they didn't say it but I bet it will use Kinect and Move.

MGS R Kinect

"The game puts players in the role of returning character Raiden and is based primarily on sword combat, which is controlled by the newly-named motion controller."

I don't know why they didn't say it but I bet it will use Kinect and Move.

MGS R Kinect

"The game puts players in the role of returning character Raiden and is based primarily on sword combat, which is controlled by the newly-named motion controller."

That's just speculation, it's not any kind of news.

It would kinda suck as in punching fights you could end up with a broken TV confused.gif

It would kinda suck as in punching fights you could end up with a broken TV confused.gif

Haha that could be their new slogan.

Kinect: Picking A Fight With Your TV

What if someone have cums will playing GTA with Kinetic/Move?

Well, I think Kinetic is lame, Move not so much (Xbox only owner here, I hate Natal)

user posted image

ScotchMouth

Well i think that if R* used the technology in GTA it wouldnt be like we think.

I would assume Kinect would be optional. For example let's pretend that the pay & spray has a Kinect option. You pull in and "spray" the car going back and forth with your arms. If the game doesnt detect that Kinect is available then it would rely on using the controler to paint the specific areas of the car.

From what i am reading here and elsewhere people don't want to see GTA cater to this but i view it as being optional.

I look at GTA 4. The minigames might have been more fun if kinect was involved. Bowling is always more enjoyable with actual movement as opposed to flicking a joystick back and forth. The same would apply to darts.

Another example would be CTW. Breaking a window could be as simple as punching and kicking while a car is being submersed. For those that don't have Kinect there could be a series of button presses.

Can't Kinect be used in tandem with a controller? I havent read that it can't. Yes i do understand that the idea of Kinect is "controllerless" gaming.

WF the Hobgoblin

Jumping around like an idiot near a running xbox 360 doesn't sound very wise to me.

EduardKoeleJuck
Jumping around like an idiot near a running xbox 360 doesn't sound very wise to me.

Just put it on the ground and nothing will happen. Besides, people don't have problems with the Wii, do they (except for exceptional retards)

WF the Hobgoblin

Just put it on the ground and nothing will happen. Besides, people don't have problems with the Wii, do they (except for exceptional retards)

I wouldn't know about the wii, but 360's are notorious for, among many other problems, scratching discs. That's why i always keep mine sitting horizontally and i'm careful not to bump it when it's running.

Shark_Cipriani

Aside from technical difficulties (natal + gta most probably fail) and we gamers looking weird, that is an interesting subject. Just imagine stealing a locked car this way smile.gif And hotwiring it...

EDIT: Before I get flamed, I underlined something.

Edited by Shark_Cipriani

• 6 months later...
xgtamontariox

I personally feel that I doubt it would work, GTA has way to many scripts to activate that Kinect would not handle. I have one myself and the graphics aren't fit for a GTA game. Besides, not everyone will have an Kinect which will lose a lot of buyers. The city would also have to be small and most things will be impossible to do on the kinect from it such as flying in a helicopter. How would you be able to physically simulate that? Just my honest opinion. lol.gif It would be even harder to work for the wii.

xgtamontariox

So you bumbed this year old topic to say "no" ...... Great!

Well sometimes it's good to rediscuss old topics and come up with new ideas. I don't really see how it's affecting you anyway. It's not like I was bumping or spamming. This topic isn't even a year old.

Edited by xgtamontariox

Well sometimes it's good to rediscuss old topics and come up with new ideas.

But you didn't come up with any new ideas. you just kind of said "No".

This topic isn't even a year old.

Your right, only 359 days old.

i dont see R* going down this route tbh. Kinetic seems to me like a gimmick

Though saying that it looks great for "fitness" games - or arcadey games. That ad on tv where the woman says "Can you tell ive been playing xbox? MAybe you should play xbox" man: "Oh no she knows about the doughnuts." - That kinda thing - a game to help people lose weight or tone up, that's a good idea (I've often thought of - and would have done this if i A had the money and B had the space - getting a treadmill and bike and playing xbox WHILE working out tounge.gif).

But for GTA? no - as mentioned, there's too much to do, and it would kill the controls that have only just gotten as good as they currently are. how long did it take until people could zip a car in between rush hour traffic, or thread a bike through an alley at high speed? i think Kinetic would hamper that too much and the game wouldnt be fun...

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Finn 7 five 11

I think it could work for sure, but Kinect is the biggest fad to date, you enjoy the whole moving around thing at first, but it gets old so god darn fast, using the controller is much more fun and simple to use anyway.

xgtamontariox

Well sometimes it's good to rediscuss old topics and come up with new ideas.

But you didn't come up with any new ideas. you just kind of said "No".

This topic isn't even a year old.

Your right, only 359 days old.

Lose the cocky attitude. It was posted in June but I felt I wanted to contribute to the topic. You're not a MOD, You can't control what I contribute if you like it or not. I don't want to cause any arguments, I'm just saying. lol.gif

Ok I'm an idiot...... I looked the wrong place. Instead of the last posted date, I looked at the joining date of the last person to post. Witch was Jan 4, 2009. So yeah.....

But still, the topic was old and forgotten, and you had nothing vital or new to share.

I know for one I'm not prepared to spend £200 on a new console and £130 for Kinect, especially just for one game.

Official General

Forget the idea all together. In fact, kill the idea and kill that noise. Nobody wants to hear about this Kinect rubbish being implemented in any GTA game. No way, I agree with the rest, Kinect is just a gimmick like the Wii and this motion control is a whole bunch of bullsh*t.

Forget the idea all together. In fact, kill the idea and kill that noise. Nobody wants to hear about this Kinect rubbish being implemented in any GTA game. No way, I agree with the rest, Kinect is just a gimmick like the Wii and this motion control is a whole bunch of bullsh*t.

This poster speaks the truth.

I find it idiotic that, after seeing the demise in popularity of the Wii, that Sony and MS went and invested hundreds of millions in a dying gimmick. I remember reading that MS invested around $500 million in Kinect's promotion.

The technology is brilliant, the gaming side is not though.

silentsharklol

I have kinect for my 360 and I dont think a game like gta would work for it at all.

Kinect and PSM is mainly for sports games.

user posted image