3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Moonshield

The Walking Dead

UshaB

I did not like it when

Rick killed that saviour guy who saved his life twice. I'm feeling like Rick will turn into the villain.

Otter

I mean, he's just running on pure desperation these days. It's not really fun or inspiring. He's less bad-ass and more like a rat in a trap. Whereas Negan talked his way out of a pretty sticky situation there and walked off with his dignity in one piece. I have NO CLUE what the show wants us to feel but I think they're dropping the ball.

darthYENIK

All Out War in the comics was a fairly quick story (in terms of time as it came out twice monthly). The problem with the Walking Dead as a show is that it drags on. If Im the producers of this show, Id take a couple years off after All Out War is over. Then come back with a ten episode season, and go from there.

Vitalize

rip trevor

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I like that they outed Dwight as the traitor before it happened in the comics. The twist of that Savior chick still being alive was unexpected and I was just as surprised as Dwight was. I was buying into Negan's whole "You're my new right hand man" speech. It's a divergence from the comic's continuity that's not unwelcome to me.

I do hope they finish the war like they did in the comics though. I really liked how Rick convinced Negan that there was a better way to have the Saviors interact with the other communities. Right before he slits his throat.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Watched the final episode. I have a question for comic book readers:

Did Rick slit Negan's throat in the comics too? I honestly thought he was going to die and that the show takes a different route than the comics, one where Negan is dead. I didn't realize that a slit throat can be simply patched up lol.

I liked that scene but my favorite and most exciting moment was where

Maggie was plotting against Rick.

UshaB

I don't know how to feel with the last ep this Season.

Watched the final episode. I have a question for comic book readers:

Did Rick slit Negan's throat in the comics too? I honestly thought he was going to die and that the show takes a different route than the comics, one where Negan is dead. I didn't realize that a slit throat can be simply patched up lol.

Yes.

darthYENIK

You can cut someone’s throat without severing the arteries and veins that lead to the brain. Which it looks exactly like what happened.

Looks like we got our first look at next season’s villains, and I don’t mean Maggie.

Fence posts, no fence. Giant zombie herd. Those are the clues you have. Of course the comic readers know exactly what it is. I’m sure most fan sites have some asshole comic reading fans spoiling it, but let’s just keep it a secret here.

iBUCKEYE

I enjoyed this finale more than last year. They left quite a bit to chew on while waiting for next season.

Fear was still very meh.

D9fred95

I also have a question for comic readers.

Was Rick supposed to get his cane injury in that fight or does it come later? Looks like they adapted it out here.

darthYENIK

I also have a question for comic readers.

Was Rick supposed to get his cane injury in that fight or does it come later? Looks like they adapted it out here.

In the comics...

Rick gets his leg broke by Negan. Imagine that fight in the finale. Negan knocks Rick on the ground, grabs his leg and hyperextends his knee. Its kind of brutal.

I knew people would react to Negan being spared in the way they have. But it is all for the good. Negan in captivity is my favorite thing.

Comic spoiler:

And when Negan and Rick join forces later on, it's a glorious thing to behold.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I'm a little disappointed that Dwight was sent away and told never to return.

In the comics

his betrayal isn't discovered right up until the very end of the war, and he takes Negan's place as the leader of the Saviors. I also wish Negan had broken Rick's leg and crippled him. They already chickened-out of chopping off his hand, and now they spared him the leg injury. Him being a one-handed cripple made him more vulnerable, which could have been an interesting route to take on the show.

Wait a second. Regarding Eugene..

Did he walk back to the Sanctuary with the rest of the saviours? Just like that? He killed or wounded every single one of them. Even if the war is over, they can't let him just come back like that, can they?

Target13

Wait a second. Regarding Eugene..

Did he walk back to the Sanctuary with the rest of the saviours? Just like that? He killed or wounded every single one of them. Even if the war is over, they can't let him just come back like that, can they?

I think most of Negan's loyalist are either dead or have switched sides. A majority of The Sanctuary is made up of workers rather than soldiers, and considering the conditions we have seen, they are probably glad with Rick's victory.

So I believe that the remaining Saviors are not bothered by Eugene's return. He chose the winning side.

MisFit-138

I really enjoyed this episode with one glaring exception

Maggie plotting against Rick. Its even worse that they have Jesus standing there smirking like a loyal henchman. I know there's precedence for this from the comics, but I figured it got dropped because it would be so out of character, very forced and contrived. Daryl too!? Didn't he literally let Dwight live just 5 moments earlier. It just doesn't add up.

I also don't get the choices they made with Carl this season. Cant undo these things, Gimple...

DexMacLeod

I really enjoyed this episode with one glaring exception

Maggie plotting against Rick. Its even worse that they have Jesus standing there smirking like a loyal henchman. I know there's precedence for this from the comics, but I figured it got dropped because it would be so out of character, very forced and contrived. Daryl too!? Didn't he literally let Dwight live just 5 moments earlier. It just doesn't add up.

I also don't get the choices they made with Carl this season. Cant undo these things, Gimple...

Yeah, pretty much nothing in that Maggie scene worked. It all felt very forced and out of character. Jesus has been trying to prevent executions all season so for him to be down with starting another War because someone wasn't executed makes no sense.

In fact, a lot of those little "wrap up" scenes just felt forced and tacked on. Rick and Michonne trading lines back and forth at Negan felt like it belonged in a really bad High School play.

darthYENIK

This might be a spoiler, I dont know judging by how the scene was laid out. But regarding Maggie...

They aren't plotting against Rick. Unless you count wanting to kill Negan, a person in Rick's 'care' as plotting against him. That scene was very poorly executed, or it was left to be the way it is to confuse who they want to kill. So we have at least one question after the finale. It might just be because I have read the comics, and know the outcome of that particular storyline, or that I have become good at calling this show out on it's bullsh*t.

MisFit-138

This might be a spoiler, I dont know judging by how the scene was laid out. But regarding Maggie...

They aren't plotting against Rick. Unless you count wanting to kill Negan, a person in Rick's 'care' as plotting against him. That scene was very poorly executed, or it was left to be the way it is to confuse who they want to kill. So we have at least one question after the finale. It might just be because I have read the comics, and know the outcome of that particular storyline, or that I have become good at calling this show out on it's bullsh*t.

Yeah, I hope that was intentionally confusing.

I know she didn't say or even imply going up against Rick, but the whole speech was just one big villainous monologue cliche. "We'll bide our time"... maybe don't. Maybe just talk to Rick, throw Glenn's hat on the table in front of Rick and ask if he's forgotten.

Idk, it just feels very forced.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

You've probably already heard, but the upcoming season will be Andrew Lincoln's last. And like many people have been speculating, it will also be Lauren Cohan's last as well. Both actors are only going to be showing up in six episodes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5784583/Andrew-Lincoln-leaving-Walking-Dead-season-nine-appear-six-episodes.html

IMO, they should just end it now, don't even bother with a new season. It was quickly going downhill after they killed off Carl, but now they're getting rid of their star and it's become a full-on dumpster fire. I don't know how they're going to write these two out of the show, but I don't think what's left will be pretty. I'll still watch it out of curiosity, but the show has clearly lost it's way in recent seasons. But on the plus side, at least Andrew Lincoln will be able to spend more time with his family, something Chandler Riggs said that he was sorely missing.

Maxx1013

I really hope they don't make Daryl the leader. Daryl use to be one of my favourite characters but he has never had what it takes to lead the group or to carry the show. Carol would be the best choice she would make a really good leader and Melissa McBride can easily carry the show. I'm very happy about Lauren Cohan leaving I have hated Maggie for a while now.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Maxx1013 said:

I really hope they don't make Daryl the leader. Daryl use to be one of my favourite characters but he has never had what it takes to lead the group or to carry the show.

Norman Reedus is reportedly getting paid $20 million for his contract this season, so it would certainly seem like he's going to be the new leader. I don't think it's a good idea either. He peaked way back when his brother was still around and hasn't had much to do since. He's just muscle for the group, really. The last time I gave a sh*t about Daryl was way back in season 4 when he was part of that Hunter group and he and Rick had that heart-to-heart and Rick told him "You are my brother".

Jonesizzle

I wish they would end it now. I think the show will only get worse if they keep dragging it out. FTWD did surpass TWD in my books as the better show, but Gimple has already applied his sh*t writing into fear rather quickly and that show is twirling down the toilet as well. Pretty disappointing, but with rumors swirling that Norman is going to be paid big bucks to be the lead they will most likely keep the show alive.

If anything make Rick pull a Morgan and just leave the group. keep the possibility for Andrew Lincoln's character to return in the future, if they are going to keep beating this dead horse.

darthYENIK

I gave up sometime early on in the last season.  I kind of dipped back in toward the end.  They just make too many episodes at this point.  It’s just too slow.  And I doubt Kirkman will allow the show to surpass the comics in terms of chronology, ala Game of Thrones, in order to speed up the story for a modern TV audience.

I bet they really regret killing Carl right now.

SekoYx'zLoco

How the f*ck were zombies flying in the wind, but trees were not moving at all in the ftwd. lol. Did anyone else notice this? Thats some lazy sh*t from them..

Maxx1013

This sucks. Hershel is still one of my favourite characters

D9fred95
Posted (edited)

"Get off my land"

Edited by D9fred95

darthYENIK

That’s sad.  At least his final few years he became a part of something that will probably live on for a long time.

SmokesWithCigs

so did anybody watch last night?

Domand
On 10/8/2018 at 12:05 PM, SmokesWithCigs said:

so did anybody watch last night?

I watched it on sunday night when it came out. Liked it. I been with the show so long I just can´t come to dislike it. But I hope it gets better for the rest of the fans this season. I think it looks pretty well done so far.

D9fred95

Rick lives.