4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
mulder84

"...Blog This!" Mission Help

mulder84

Hey... You guys know when you're supposed to bring the Celebrinator to the sky above the statue of happiness, throw him out (after punching him), then save him... But how do you guys do the rescue part? I mean, I tried to use 'W' to make Luis go faster, but by the time i reach him (and after the cutscene), they both immediately fall into the water. There's no way i can swim to the coast before he dies.

I did manage to get through the mission by teleporting, using a trainer, to the nearby coast... But how do I finish the mission without any cheats or trainer?

imphranki

How would you reach the water? You pull the parachute after you catch him, then you can guide yourself either to Happiness Island, Algonquin, or even Alderney.

massrcor

grab him, then open the parachute. Then glide safely to happiness Island. biggrin.gif

crazyunik

Maybe you need also to pull your analogstick forward, so Luis will be a little bit faster...

Tivo222

Maybe you need also to pull your analogstick forward, so Luis will be a little bit faster...

God, why do a lot of people are taking the PS3 as example nowadays?

You know we still have the Xbox and PC version

crazyunik

God, why do a lot of people are taking the PS3 as example nowadays?

You know we still have the Xbox and PC version

calm down poor guy, it was just an idea!

gamer_83

This mission is bullsh*t.

This is already fall 2012 and I am still stuck in GTA EFLC. GTA 4 was a charm, other GTA games are great. I was stuck in sexy time mission but I wouldn't find fault with that, I managed to complete that.

But this particular mission, blog this is nothing but total bullsh*t. This is a shame on the programmers who are able to do such great games.

This is total sh*t. I mean you throw the guy. If he falls to the right of the helicopter, I am able to go near him but he falls to the ground along with me. I once managed to go near him, there was no cutscene but a message appeared land safely on the ground but before I could control the parachute we both hit the sea the mission fails. If he falls to the left, which happens most of the time, the height to ground is too short and he hits the ground way too fast. I have already updated the game. Mine is a original copy and not a pirated one. There is nothing wrong with my PC specs the only thing that is wrong is the programming of the mission I am still wondering how other people are able to finish the mission. Or may be I am that single unlucky devil. The funny part is if you hit the ground and die while the celebinator falls to the sea, I can see him walk towards the ground safely.

This mission is a total shame since the long time it takes, I would rather go on with other games instead of this. I tried everything on the forums, nothing worked so far.

Edited by gamer_83

na89340qv0n34b09q340

The classic W-key analog-stick-forward combo! That'll get you through any mission! smile.gif

Just keep trying, remember that making the character go faster will also move Luis forward a bit. Missions like this are crappy, and there's no perfect solution other than to keep trying. Hope that at least encourages you. smile.gif

B Dawg

I'm amazed. Such an easy mission being so hard for people. FOR f*ck SAKE I DID IT IN 2 TRIES because in the 1st I opened my parachute too late.

unc13bud

naw, it took me a week to do this mission also, sexy time was hard also. the helicopter missions are such a pain... especially since you have to do so much each time just to get to the crux of the missions, ie; catch celebinator, destroy minature boats... some of the rockstar mission designers are idiots. to the original poster, keep trying to get next to celebinator and watch the map for the blue circle when cutscene ends. luis automatically catches him if he gets close enough

MostOfAll

Amazingly, I could do it on the first try during my second playthrough.

Shoumaker

Im a very experienced GTA player and did not struggle with this mission at all. You get better as you keep playing. icon14.gif

Pyrrhic
I've only failed this mission once because I hit that f*cking monument on southern Happiness Island, but the mission itself is incredibly easy, amongst the easiest in ELFC in my opinion. smile.gif

unc13bud

all of you want a cookie? congrats to all of you, but the mission is still difficult for some people, especially ones that can play gta iv/eflc for only three hours a week (they have real jobs and don't sit in their momma's basement playing xbox)

GratuitousViolets

Ironically I ace this mission EVERY time and I still can't master the bloody base jumps.

HolySock

Dive immediately as you jump out of the helicopter. Just before you reach the Celibrinator pull back and you should catch him.

albanyave
Ironically I ace this mission EVERY time and I still can't master the bloody base jumps.

Those base jumps are so hard. I've only hit twice. I don't try very often though.