Make GTA V Even More Realistic than IV?

ArcaneKnight

ArcaneKnight

I think it's time for GTA to step it up. San Andreas was too fake and cartoony for me.. IV was much better. It was a lot more realistic than any previous installment. But for V, they need to make it even more realistic.

I want my car to run out of gas, so I have to make preparations for my new mission. Make sure I filled up on gas the night before, because it would suck trying to chase someone and have to stop at the gas station to get gas, by that time you fail the mission. Also, If I blow out a tire, I want to have to hit my hazards, pull over to the side of the road, get the spare tire out of the trunk, jack the car up and change a tire. If not that, atleast be able to call AAA and have a tow truck come give you gas or repair your tire. I also want a speedometer and cruise control so I can abide by traffic laws, cops should pull you over for minor traffic violations, you can pay the fine or fight it in court.

They should make it where you can get 9-5 jobs throughout the city, so it makes it more realistic and you actually contribute to the city.. If you park in a redzone, you should be fined, if you don't pay your fine in time, they can start towing vehicles out of your save spots. They should add fast-trak to the game, a prepaid transmitter the road system scans. This way you won't get wanted levels for unpaid toll fee's.

What about you guys? Anything else you want to see added to this game to make it more realistic?

RandomFishPerson

I disagree entirely.

IV was too realistic in my opinion. i much prefered games like san ndreas and vice city because they were a lot more fun.

I want to run around killing hookers, not calling the AA to fix my car.

I disagree IV was just right in my opinion. Not too much realism, not too little perfecto! biggrin.gif

What you call SA's "fake and cartoony" concept was what made SA a lot more appealing than IV especially where gameplay is concerned, and why SA still remains favorite of all GTA games as far as public opinion is concerned.

Spending a couple of ingame days locked up for parking in a no-parking zone? I can see how exciting this potential aspect of the game will be for GTA players... no not rly.

G1T

I agree and disagree.

IV was pretty good in my opinion, however I do think cars should run on gas in the next game. You'd have to go to gas stations and fill up now and again. I also like the idea of being pulled over and given a fine. As for taking it to court and everything else, no.

Hove Beach
Exactly!

More realism and it won't be Grand Theft Auto anymore...

Not all true.

riquenunes

Exactly!

Not all true.

Yeah, but some things that he said just don't fit a GTA game at all...

The_Mario_Man

The Sims, as developed by Rockstar.

When I think "Grand Theft Auto" I don't think paying traffic tickets and waiting on repairmen.

Gas could PROBABLY work if they did it right. A few San Andreas mods include gas for vehicles. As for the rest of it, not at all.

But, if you're going to push from extreme realism, how about you have to return to your safe room everyday, and shut the game off for 8-10 hours to let the protagonist sleep?

Or, even better! The police shoot you once, the protagonist spends 2 weeks in the hospital, ultimately dies, and you can never play the game again!

Edited by The_Mario_Man

NikoNikoBellicBellic

The reason you don't have a job is because the objective is to make money from odd jobs, thats your job. Honestly all this would be wayyyy too much to handle.

If it was realistic as you want it would not be called Grand Theft Auto,GTA means car jacking and getting in trouble for parking in the wrong space is dumb.

Wow...are you being serious? Abiding by traffic laws? So that means no more full throttle speeding? Changing tires and stuff? That would be realistic but why not just jack another car? It doesn't sound GTA to me...there's being realistic...and then there's being TOO realistic. confused.gif

I think we need less realism. But there is certainly a place for an ultra-realistic crime game.

Point is, GTA needs an element of the fantastical. Which IV lacked in my opinion, oh, it was an amazing game, don't get me wrong. But in so many ways it felt like a dead houseplant. Lifeless, limp, stuffed in a corner and gathering dust.

Both San Andreas and Vice City sparkled with imagination and wit, San Andreas especially as it had the woods and desert with all the creepy myths. Liberty City is boring, I think that's the problem, it's a boring place. I thought so when the first trailers arrived, I thought so when I played it for the first time, and I think so now.

Too much realism, too much simulating the dreariness of the real world can make a game very boring.

ArcaneKnight

The GTA series is taking a new direction remember? Remember what they said before the release of IV? They were taking the series in a new direction.. They're focusing on realism now people.. All your San Andreas gangster, Vice City mob boss days are over fellas. It's just not a realistic storyline that everyone can relate to. Since the graphics are more realistic, so do their characters and storylines.. They could pull off the 'out of this world, anything you want goes' style game in San Andreas.. Because the graphics were cartoony, they could make it into a BS cartoon game..

But on the new RAGE system, the graphics are too realistic to make a game like that. This is the real world people, get with the times. People will look at the GTA franchise as a joke if they stuck with and built on the San Andreas format. It's why they base their maps off real locations in the real world. They want to start making these games as realistic as possible.

It's just GTA's new format.. If you want all that kid crap, go play Saints Row.. Rockstar is too mature to stoop to their level. They're going with the realistic theme, and they're sticking with it. What would people think of the GTA franchise if they started flip flopping between titles, from realistic, to that would never happen gameplay. Rockstar can't go back now people.. This is the most realistic choice moving forward with GTA.. Think longterm here people..

the game shouldn't be ultra-realistic, just realistic enough to make a good atmosphere. seriously all the little realistic things they could add may sound good to you now but in game they would be tedious inconveniences. i want some cool realistic things but only if it is a true improvement, not just an added feature to get in our way.

Lunatic8randon
Exactly!

Not all true.

Yeah, but some things that he said just don't fit a GTA game at all...

GTA has done a lot, there isn't really an exact definition of what makes a GTA game.

vincentmillidge

I would like the world in which this gta exists to be realistic in the way it looks and the way the ai behave(to a degree) but like in hollywood i want a warped sense of realism. I want to see ridiculous things happen in a realistic environment. I want the protagonist to be able to dive and shoot(over bonnets ,through windscreens,down stairs..etc) for example, Id like to see a return for the flame thrower, tank, jet pack, Id like to see a rebooted version of the adreniline drug.

true realism would destroy this game it isnt what its about, its about satirising pop culture and the real world isnt pop culture ridiculous gun fights, high speed car chases, drawn out fist fights and massive explosions are pop culture so a game with atleast Hollywood Realism is a must but id like them to go a step further and make a gta with B-movie Realism a game with a proper warped sense of realism similiar to tarantino or rodriguezs movies. As long as it cool and done well it doesnt really matter but id rather have a Sin City style game rather than another gta inspired by the popular mob and gangsta movies

Id rather this game wasnt all about the realism but instead Rockstar concentrated on creating a cooler ,warped , twisted, city and set of characters that maybe couldnt exist i the real world but would make for a far more enjoyable experience for the player. I dont want one shot kill or regular prison visits, or to run out of petrol, or to get a normal job, or to run a business. that aint what Gtas about . i dont want GTA to become some monotonous rpg crime sim, I want an engrosing tale of some bad ass anti hero mother f*cker who is gonna take on the law and the criminals in a blaze of booze, cigarettes, bullets and car crashes .... and if realism gets in the way of that it can f*ck off

Algonquin Bridge
I want my car to run out of gas, so I have to make preparations for my new mission.

Also, If I blow out a tire, I want to have to hit my hazards, pull over to the side of the road, get the spare tire out of the trunk, jack the car up and change a tire.

cops should pull you over for minor traffic violations, you can pay the fine or fight it in court.

They should make it where you can get 9-5 jobs throughout the city

If you park in a redzone, you should be fined, if you don't pay your fine in time, they can start towing vehicles out of your save spots.

What about you guys? Anything else you want to see added to this game to make it more realistic?

Bro, you be trollin'

everybodywantstoruletheworld16

they can go ahead.

i just won't buy the game.

Kwandilibro
I think it's time for GTA to step it up. San Andreas was too fake and cartoony for me.. IV was much better. It was a lot more realistic than any previous installment. But for V, they need to make it even more realistic.

I want my car to run out of gas, so I have to make preparations for my new mission. Make sure I filled up on gas the night before, because it would suck trying to chase someone and have to stop at the gas station to get gas, by that time you fail the mission. Also, If I blow out a tire, I want to have to hit my hazards, pull over to the side of the road, get the spare tire out of the trunk, jack the car up and change a tire. If not that, atleast be able to call AAA and have a tow truck come give you gas or repair your tire. I also want a speedometer and cruise control so I can abide by traffic laws, cops should pull you over for minor traffic violations, you can pay the fine or fight it in court.

They should make it where you can get 9-5 jobs throughout the city, so it makes it more realistic and you actually contribute to the city.. If you park in a redzone, you should be fined, if you don't pay your fine in time, they can start towing vehicles out of your save spots. They should add fast-trak to the game, a prepaid transmitter the road system scans. This way you won't get wanted levels for unpaid toll fee's.

you realize GTA is a Crime game right? why the hell would we want to abide by traffic laws? get a spare tire? call a tow truck? what the f*ck?

and getting a legit job, what the hell is the point of that? it diregards the theme of GTA completely. We might as well go play the sims. GTA is about the wild sh*t. running on rampages, stealing 100's of cars, having monster shootouts with cops, blowing motherf*ckers heads completely off, wild ridiculous car chases..... not getting a 9 to 5, calling a tow truck, getting traffic fines. That would be so pointless. And go to court? seriously? why would you want that in GTA? i think you reaally want a total life simulator, no an action filled crime game with a great storyline and awesome killing graphics and sh*t.

in other words, NO. Those ideas are just awful.

everybodywantstoruletheworld16

you realize GTA is a Crime game right? why the hell would we want to abide by traffic laws? get a spare tire? call a tow truck? what the f*ck?

and getting a legit job, what the hell is the point of that? it diregards the theme of GTA completely. We might as well go play the sims. GTA is about the wild sh*t. running on rampages, stealing 100's of cars, having monster shootouts with cops, blowing motherf*ckers heads completely off, wild ridiculous car chases..... not getting a 9 to 5, calling a tow truck, getting traffic fines. That would be so pointless. And go to court? seriously? why would you want that in GTA? i think you reaally want a total life simulator, no an action filled crime game with a great storyline and awesome killing graphics and sh*t.

in other words, NO. Those ideas are just awful.

I agree 1,000% with this man.

The GTA series is taking a new direction remember? Remember what they said before the release of IV? They were taking the series in a new direction.. They're focusing on realism now people.. All your San Andreas gangster, Vice City mob boss days are over fellas. It's just not a realistic storyline that everyone can relate to. Since the graphics are more realistic, so do their characters and storylines.. They could pull off the 'out of this world, anything you want goes' style game in San Andreas.. Because the graphics were cartoony, they could make it into a BS cartoon game..

But on the new RAGE system, the graphics are too realistic to make a game like that. This is the real world people, get with the times. People will look at the GTA franchise as a joke if they stuck with and built on the San Andreas format. It's why they base their maps off real locations in the real world. They want to start making these games as realistic as possible.

It's just GTA's new format.. If you want all that kid crap, go play Saints Row.. Rockstar is too mature to stoop to their level. They're going with the realistic theme, and they're sticking with it. What would people think of the GTA franchise if they started flip flopping between titles, from realistic, to that would never happen gameplay. Rockstar can't go back now people.. This is the most realistic choice moving forward with GTA.. Think longterm here people..

And Al'mighty Rockstar said:

Yes, let's take away large scale gang wars and gunfights, and impose parking fines and mortgages unto our players. Let them appreciate just how realistic we can make a video game.

G1T

DJSmurf2009

And Al'mighty Rockstar said:

Yes, let's take away large scale gang wars and gunfights, and impose parking fines and mortgages unto our players. Let them appreciate just how realistic we can make a video game.

That wouldnt be too bad... At least we'd actually be able to spend money... lol.giflol.gif

markjaysongalang

You're saying make GTA V more realistic than IV then its like you're saying that "Make GTA V lack optimization on the PC" PS3, 360 owners are OK. How about PC users? Maybe it would just run 15FPS on 9800GT lol

Official General

I agree with the gas re-filling feature for cars. I think GTA needs something like that, it would make good use of the gas stations in the game and make things seem a bit more realistic.

As for the rest of your ideas? NO WAY. That would end up just getting tedious and boring. Who has the time to call up the AAA and wait for a tow truck? Pulled over for parking fines and traffic violations and then go to court? Are you serious? A 9-5 job? Why bother with that, when the aim of the game is commit crimes and make huge chunks of money? LOL! Changing spare tires and a pre-paid transmitter to pay road toll fees? LOL, just stop right there!

I just think that there should be more random acts by pedestrians on the streets, like crimes being committed or shoot-outs breaking out in disputes between rival gangs. I hardly saw any of that in GTA 4, but Vice City and San Andreas had all of this. They should also allow you to use buses as public transport aswell. Allow the ability to invest yor money in a stocks and shares system would be a nice addition too.

DJSmurf2009

To be honest i wouldnt mind the traffic violations... it would give the cops something better to do than to arrest you for pushing someone over....

willgtavcs

I like realism... but i think it takes it too far. If a game is meant to be in a real life setting then it should be realistic to an extent. But in saying that i still think that we play videogames to get away from crappy real life, and despite it being a realistic game i don't we we should have to deal with real life hassles and such. I still like the sims, but that is intentionally a "simulator" not a free roaming shooter with ASPECTS from other genres.

So realism is good in some sense such as Physics, animation, characters etc. but not down to the core.

I like realism, but this is what i call "Over-The-Top Realism". Gas isn't a bad idea IMO (make it an option, obviously so that people don't have to use it). And the cops pulling you over isn't soo bad, as long as it's not just for accidently bumping into another car. The cops arrest you for pushing someone, so if they were to arrest you for traffic violations, it would have to be only major violations.

Taking it to court and everything is too far though, it sounds more like something i would like to see in a mission.

I like the realism in IV, and your right, R* did say that they were changing GTA's direction into a more realistic path, but what your suggesting is too much.

I would like to see more realisim in the life of the game, like peds going to work and doing everyday things.

Also being able to park your car anywhere and come back and collect it, and after a certain amount of days in the game your car will be towed to a lock-up, and you have 1 more chance to collect it (for a price) before it gets destroyed (in order to save memory in the game, so it doesn't have to remember the location of every car you drive) etc...

..little things that make the game more realistic, you know? Not things like paying a fine for parking on the wrong side of the road, GTA is about breaking the law, and things like that will ruin the fun completely.

Seriously why running out of gas and the towing YOUR STOLEN CAR to be fixed? Why not just steal another one? And preparations were in prewious GTA's(other missions where you gather up a gang fro bank robbery for example) but stuff like watching a building and marking when people are leaving etc.? Do you really want to play that.

Road spikes would be cool.

Punk-in-Drublic

I've not even bothered looking at any of the responses in this thread because I know full well that the majority of posts will entail either "IV was too realistic and not as fun as San Andreas" or "San Andreas was too unrealistic and over the top, IV was awesome". Can you people not understand the fact that San Andreas and IV are two entirely different games in two entirely different era's?

GTA San Andreas was absolutely brilliant, I still enjoy playing it today. GTA IV was also outstanding and I play it all the time. I don't believe that it makes any difference wether its realistic or not because Rockstar are still capable of producing quality, fun filled games. I have had just as much fun playing San Andreas as IV, they both have their positives and negatives.

Also....since when has GTA IV been realistic? I didn't know that you could fly 50 feet in the air after crashing a sports bike at high speed and not recieve any superficial injuries. Seriously, just leave Rockstar to their own devices, im sure we have better things to discuss other than how realistic the next game is going to be, lets focus more on the next game and stop comparing GTA IV with San Andreas, it gets tiresome after two years.