• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Damn, now I wanna play a GTA with maps of you. Creating is very easy but a lot of work and btw I'd give the lines in the first step (creating the approximate shapes) another color than the color of the pencil in the following step. If it has another color you dont have to use the rubber and you ll be able to use the color bucket (how is it called?). It s faster than the rubber tool.

GritEngine

ahhh so no one makin maps is into modding or game dev for real? Fair enough, the maps are still pretty creative.

Sgt_Tricore
ahhh so no one makin maps is into modding or game dev for real? Fair enough, the maps are still pretty creative.

i wanna make my map, when i release the final version, to be a game, at least so u can drive around or fly on it or even walk

The_Mario_Man

Started maryland, marioman, u have a greater knowledge than me of this area, so comment if it is wrong

Here:

user posted image

ObsydianRaven

This is my attempt to make a region in Sim City 4 that shows Carcer City from my GTA: Carcer City thread (using SammiiDoogles' map as the basis for Carcer City) and the surrounding cities and towns which (along with Carcer city itself) make up the Carcer Metropolitan Area. I might add more to it real soon, but first I'm going to get working on Carcer City, then I'll start working on the rest of the the Carcer Metropolitan Area.

user posted image

• Like 1
xNewtype Acex
user posted image

I went a little overboard with the filters. Enjoy!

Looks nice, what place is that supposed to be though?

grope_4_that_date
That looks like a backwards Vice City.

How is it backwards? Have you even seen Miami before?

RedDragonsBOOM

user posted image

I went a little overboard with the filters. Enjoy!

It's good just if the new map where like that it would be a little disappointing, it looks like basically the same thing as Liberty City just a little smaller and I would hope they would add at least a little area that isn't completely city filled.

grope_4_that_date
It's good just if the new map where like that it would be a little disappointing, it looks like basically the same thing as Liberty City just a little smaller and I would hope they would add at least a little area that isn't completely city filled.

Well if Rockstar wanted to make Miami realistic, like they did with Liberty City, having the Everglades is just unrealistic. It's too far off from Miami. You can't just have the Everglades next to Miami, and skip all the towns and cities in between. But thats just my personal opinion.

I included Oleta River State Park, but I could have included Virginia Key Park. Remember that I didn't really spend that much time on it. It's just for fun. :)

RedDragonsBOOM

Well if Rockstar wanted to make Miami realistic, like they did with Liberty City, having the Everglades is just unrealistic. It's too far off from Miami. You can't just have the Everglades next to Miami, and skip all the towns and cities in between. But thats just my personal opinion.

I included Oleta River State Park, but I could have included Virginia Key Park. Remember that I didn't really spend that much time on it. It's just for fun. smile.gif

I definitely give you my props still brotha, I wish I could make maps like that maybe one day I'll take the time out to teach myself. Personally I'd love if rockstar included the Keys and maybe make it international with "Cuba" so we could have the opening mission "smuggle yourself into america" =P!

Edited by RedDragonsBOOM
ObsydianRaven

I've begun to work on Carcer City's Borough of Concord. So far, this is what I've created,

user posted image

• Like 1

So you can just make any landscape and put any buildings you like in this sim city 4, if so I might buy it to make

some maps, looks good icon14.gif

ObsydianRaven

Actually Marko, it's much more complicated than that. I mean if you really want make a realistic looking city then you most likely will have to download buildings and stuff from different sites (IE: Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, ETC)

Mokrie Dela
I've begun to work on Carcer City's Borough of Concord. So far, this is what I've created,

user posted image

Ahh gd old Simcity.

I recreated Liberty in it once tounge.gif

Many a fun hour thrown away on that (and the sims tounge.gif )

The_Mario_Man

Those are some really extreme hills, man. I take it you don't have the slope mod installed?

So you can just make any landscape and put any buildings you like in this sim city 4, if so I might buy it to make

some maps, looks good icon14.gif

aswell marco, u have to wait for ur buildings to develop. u cannot just put a skyscraper or a mansion in right at the begginging.

u also have to look after everything from polotics, infistructure and traffic to deploying firetrucks and police crusiers to deal with disasters, natural and otherwise

colgate.gif

ObsydianRaven

Progress so,

user posted image

Pretty soon I'll be posting up pics of Carcer City's other boroughs.

dunbrine47

@sethpenguin

Just asking but is the above city solvent?

I wouldn't mind seeing what the budget on that is.

ObsydianRaven

@sethpenguin

Just asking but is the above city solvent?

I wouldn't mind seeing what the budget on that is.

I really don't have a clue.

Edited by sethpenguin
dunbrine47
@Sethpenguin- Must be pretty close to $0......

Give or take a negative integer or two (nerd moment over).

ObsydianRaven

Here is a quick preview of another one of Carcer City's boroughs; Portland.

user posted image

NOTE: This is only one section of Portland.

Edited by sethpenguin

i am going to re-order simcity 4 and do some mapmaking on that.

i have wiped my pc and i have all my maps on a hardrive at my mates house so i can't post, but all is going well, and new england is being built into more detail. i will need u seth to give me your

knowledge on that area, and you marioman to check my version of maryland.

EDIT: Kwandilibro? would i be right in saying you live in New York city? do you have knowledge of the geography of New York State?

i know i could use an atlas but i feel i would be doing the map better if i was to gain from first hand experience of the area

thanks guys!

Scott

ViceCity09
i am going to re-order simcity 4 and do some mapmaking on that.

i have wiped my pc and i have all my maps on a hardrive at my mates house so i can't post, but all is going well, and new england is being built into more detail. i will need u seth to give me your

knowledge on that area, and you marioman to check my version of maryland.

EDIT: Kwandilibro? would i be right in saying you live in New York city? do you have knowledge of the geography of New York State?

i know i could use an atlas but i feel i would be doing the map better if i was to gain from first hand experience of the area

thanks guys!

Scott

What about Cities XL, is that any good?