• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

For a better view of the topic, or for those just starting (like me) to make maps, and need tools and advice, plus inspiration .. I have an idea, I hope implemented.. I think you should put some special programs for mapping, or some tips on how to make streets and things like that ... in the first post, as a section "Tools" where programs are made, their pros and cons. Another section "Tips". And "Examples" section where the best maps made by users are placed.

Happy New Year 2016, everybody!

Thanks! Have a great year you too :) But in my country there are 2 hours left xD

Happy New Year 2016 to all. I appreciate your dedication and effort, reflected in your maps. Many blessings and good luck this year, folks.

• Like 2

I never realised people read the initial post so I never put any thought into it, but since the OP doesn't really seem to use the forums that much anymore (you only have to go a few posts back for them to have posted 2 'n a half years ago), if there's any interest I could make myself OP and rewrite the initial post - including a more up-to-date tutorial and a map index for finished maps.

Or, of course, if someone trustworthy with experience was willing to do that I could make them OP instead ;)

• Like 3

I never realised people read the initial post so I never put any thought into it, but since the OP doesn't really seem to use the forums that much anymore (you only have to go a few posts back for them to have posted 2 'n a half years ago), if there's any interest I could make myself OP and rewrite the initial post - including a more up-to-date tutorial and a map index for finished maps.

Or, of course, if someone trustworthy with experience was willing to do that I could make them OP instead ;)

That's all well and good, but what if you (or someone else) was made the New OP, and then the Original OP returned, what then?

I'll fill in.

EDIT: Wait, none of these words describes me, nevermind.

...but what if you (or someone else) was made the New OP, and then the Original OP returned, what then?

We kill him.

I don't have a problem with Mr. Fox being the OP, he's trustworhty and knows sh*t.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

I don't have a problem with Mr. Fox being the OP, he's trustworhty and knows sh*t.

They don't call foxes sly for no reason.

I decided to scratch the Little Rock idea I posted the other day, so instead I'm doing a map with all the cities, and one I made my self (which is the capitol) called North Star City (because of Rockstar) This is what I have so far so if you have any suggestions I'll kindly take them! I'll be adding Los Santos, San Fierro, Liberty City and North Yanton

P.S I'm sorry if the quality is bad, It wouldn't upload on my computer for some reason and I'm not at home at the moment so im doing tvis on my phoneKIfH1Yw.png

I think we should make "mapmaking" A subforum, with a main post called "for beginners" and then put subforum rules, programs and stuff. if it's not too much to ask...

• Like 2

I think we should make "mapmaking" A subforum, with a main post called "for beginners" and then put subforum rules, programs and stuff. if it's not too much to ask...

At the moment, I think this Topic is fine.

Let's look at the proposal, though.

A subforum would make it much easier for forum members to see maps by individual mapmakers. If the subforum acted similar to the workshop, where each mapmaker had their own thread where they posted their progress on different mapping projects, it would make for easier access to specific maps. However, that could only work efficiently if each mapmaker contributed frequently to each thread in the subforum. It would be very discouraging to up-and-coming mapmakers if no one ever visited their threads and gave feedback. On the contrary, more experienced mapmakers, like LibertyKing, could have an active thread. But active doesn't always mean constructive, as it could very easily lead to a plague of hecklers asking for progress every two days.

This one thread, while an inconvenience to open due to large images not being taken care of properly, is effective and efficient. Far and few in between, experienced and inexperienced, are integrated in order to spread knowledge and feedback. Everyone has an equal chance here. Everyone's maps are seen here, without the risk of being skipped over. While some do not receive feedback, we cannot avoid seeing them, which helps us as a mapmaking community, whether you realize it or not.

There's nothing to change right now. We have it good.

I made all of the streets for Vice City and started putting the buildings/houses in and I started to look at the mountain (the one in the red circle) and I think it's looking kind of odd.. Any suggestions for it?FTHpYgA.png

• Like 4

Let's look at the proposal, though.

A subforum would make it much easier for forum members to see maps by individual mapmakers. If the subforum acted similar to the workshop, where each mapmaker had their own thread where they posted their progress on different mapping projects, it would make for easier access to specific maps. However, that could only work efficiently if each mapmaker contributed frequently to each thread in the subforum. It would be very discouraging to up-and-coming mapmakers if no one ever visited their threads and gave feedback. On the contrary, more experienced mapmakers, like LibertyKing, could have an active thread. But active doesn't always mean constructive, as it could very easily lead to a plague of hecklers asking for progress every two days.

This one thread, while an inconvenience to open due to large images not being taken care of properly, is effective and efficient. Far and few in between, experienced and inexperienced, are integrated in order to spread knowledge and feedback. Everyone has an equal chance here. Everyone's maps are seen here, without the risk of being

skipped over. While some do not receive feedback, we cannot avoid seeing them, which helps us as a mapmaking community, whether you realize it or not.

There's nothing to change right now. We have it good.

Okay, you're right but my idea was to basically make a guide for newcomers, but I got out of hand. I had not thought that the most experienced users have more feedback beginners.We do not change anything. I just hoped to take into account my idea of the guide at the main post, but apparently no one reads. My idea dies here.

Inspired by Midnight Hitman's advice, decided to make my map smaller.

Salthon, CL (Seattle, WA) v2

YPwq1ge.png

I'll probably change the city's name from Salthon to Rainier (a reference to Mount Rainier), or something with "Rain" in its name (a reference to Rain City, one of three Seattle's nicknames).

Edited by Phnx.

Ok, I completely remade San Fierro since the last update. Feedback would be appreciated.

Here it is:

28vfxa8.jpg

Edited by JackDA
  • Like 4

Hi guys, I 'm making a map of a parody of a well-known city ( I think) of the United States , Boston, this map is only the first version then will get more thing ...

4VvR8iQ.png?1

PS : Chance for me to make a mockery of Rhode Island as well.

Edited by RedDagger
formatting
  • Like 3

Those of you who think Liberty City may be coming.. why not design what you think the map will have in it!

Vice City? San Fierro? Show them off!

Here is mine - forgive my Photoshop drawings: Las Venturas & Bone County complete with rough location scouting and shops etc. #

I Hope you like it!

f1BKOkg.png

Edited by ~Tiger~
merged

Those of you who think Liberty City may be coming.. why not design what you think the map will have in it!

Here is mine - forgive my Photoshop drawings: Las Venturas & Bone County complete with rough location scouting and shops etc. #

I Hope you like it!

*image*

WOW! I like your map. But I think you should give some shape to the roads, you know ..

xd85n1s.png?1

If you are using paint, use the tool "curved line" with two clicks, if I leave understanding: one to directing the curve, and another for softness (guess ) .. takes some getting used .. if you use another program, could not advise .. for freehand strokes, do not take the mouse with force, do gentle and quiet :colgate: .. (these lines may well have been purposely but I tell you this if not) :lol:

I read once that you should never use photoshop for these things

Edited by claude30

I Hope you like it!

-snip-

I noticed that directly left of the northwest tattoo parlor in Venturas there is a piece of road that goes nowhere.

I know RockstarsPlayer's thread was moved into this one, so I don't think it's entirely fair to judge it as if it was submitted to this thread (it was originally posted in the GTA:Online section, where if you ask for people to make content you can't really expect them to spend time on it), however it's pretty low-quality and I can't imagine it took that long to make, especially with the copy/pasted Las Venturas :sigh:.

I could list things that'd need improving, but that'd be a lot so instead I'll say if you want to create a proper map it'd take a fair bit of time 'n effort, and especially some planning. Spending time on one quality map is far, far better than creating a finished one in a short amount of time, even multiple.

But if you are wanting to make maps instead of throwing one out for the sake of starting a thread in the online section, it'd be a good idea to look through this topic and take note of the good maps, feedback given, and tips people have suggested. I'd suggest the OP but it's uh...due for a rewrite :p

• Like 3

Yeah, though I haven't done a map in ages, 'n I'd prefer to create at least one before writing it so I'm not bullsh*tting the process...it'll also be a week before I'm in front of my proper computer again, so this ain't gonna happen overnight :p

That said, again, if someone else is willing - don't think this is something that's exclusive to being done by me ;)

There needs to be a game set in Reno, Nevada. That way we'd have a fairly cool countryside and a nice gambling town. Am I the only one who thinks that?

• Like 1

So I started on Las Venturas, and the Airport seems a bit too large, and I've been thinking of taking a few runways out. Let me know what you think. Also the color of the desert looks odd to me, does any one have a hex value that looks better than this?CmuqTYa.png

Edited by Chaserrrrs
  • Like 1

So I started on Las Venturas, and the Airport seems a bit too large, and I've been thinking of taking a few runways out. Let me know what you think.

- Big Ass Image -

Looks good, but FAAAAR too yellow. Burned my eyes.

That said, again, if someone else is willing - don't think this is something that's exclusive to being done by me ;)

Personally, I believe something of the sorts should be a collaboration between members. Instead of one's views and ideas being expressed, we can have a common ground on the issue.

That being said, I'm willing to do it alongside one or two other members.

So I started on Las Venturas, and the Airport seems a bit too large, and I've been thinking of taking a few runways out. Let me know what you think.

- Big Ass Image -

Looks good, but FAAAAR too yellow. Burned my eyes.

Yeah, That's what I was thinking too. I cant get the right color for the sand though.. :(

Yeah, That's what I was thinking too. I cant get the right color for the sand though.. :(

I suggest a color closer to goldenrod, if you want to keep the brightness down. You could also try the color that San Andreas used for Las Venturas and Bone County, or a lighter version of that.

Personally, I believe something of the sorts should be a collaboration between members. Instead of one's views and ideas being expressed, we can have a common ground on the issue.

That being said, I'm willing to do it alongside one or two other members.

That'd require being able to organise things, which requires, like, effort

and talking to other people

oh god

Though it could be organised in a similar way to how the Newbie Guide was done, which was via google docs. I 'unno, depends on how big/comprehensive it is.