• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Johnson, New Berkshire

Welcome to Johnson. Pop. 5,021. Elevation 1,002 ft. The town was established by Harris Johnson - a reverend born in Trimont - in 1817 in a clearing between Lake Acquadocton and Gert Lake. The town grew quickly and Harris' original vision of a good Christian drink-and-violence free community was lost. As a result, Harris moved to the site that would become the community of Beck Valley. Today, Johnson is the main centre for outdoor leisure in the area such as fishing, hunting and hiking. The town's numerous motels do good business during the spring, summer and autumn while winter trade is brought by the Johnson Christmas Market.

dyTAVxN.png

Points of Interest:

1. Bellview Hotel - A former mental asylum built on an isolated hillside. Asylum closed 1921, hotel opened May 1924 and closed September 1924 for unknown reasons. Today is a grand ruin visited only by the occasional urban explorer.

2. Lake Acquadocton - The largest lake in the area. Good fishing. Small marina in Johnson for dinghies, canoes and small motor boats

3. Gert Lake - Named after a local man who drowned 1789. Originally two separate lakes, in 1807 heavy rain caused the smallest lake to overflow and permanently connect them together

4. Harmonic Grove - Hippy commune established by "Willow Wind" (Amanda Yark) in 1966. Located on the largest island in Lake Acquadocton

5. The Church of Saint John - Typical New England church located in the south of Johnson. The original center of Johnson

6. Belleview Woods - Woodland located on the slopes of Bell Hill south-west of the town

7. Beck Valley - The river valley which forms the main approach headed north into Johnson. Heavily wooded. Route 89 runs through the valley

8. Beck Valley (Town) - Small community formed of a few houses

Is this based on any specific town/city?

Not exactly, but I've derived a lot of inspiration from the New Hampshire towns in the area surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee. Places such as Wolfeboro, Meredith, and Plymouth.

Johnson, New Berkshire

Welcome to Johnson. Pop. 5,021. Elevation 1,002 ft. The town was established by Harris Johnson - a reverend born in Trimont - in 1817 in a clearing between Lake Acquadocton and Gert Lake. The town grew quickly and Harris' original vision of a good Christian drink-and-violence free community was lost. As a result, Harris moved to the site that would become the community of Beck Valley. Today, Johnson is the main centre for outdoor leisure in the area such as fishing, hunting and hiking. The town's numerous motels do good business during the spring, summer and autumn while winter trade is brought by the Johnson Christmas Market.

dyTAVxN.png

Points of Interest:

1. Bellview Hotel - A former mental asylum built on an isolated hillside. Asylum closed 1921, hotel opened May 1924 and closed September 1924 for unknown reasons. Today is a grand ruin visited only by the occasional urban explorer.

2. Lake Acquadocton - The largest lake in the area. Good fishing. Small marina in Johnson for dinghies, canoes and small motor boats

3. Gert Lake - Named after a local man who drowned 1789. Originally two separate lakes, in 1807 heavy rain caused the smallest lake to overflow and permanently connect them together

4. Harmonic Grove - Hippy commune established by "Willow Wind" (Amanda Yark) in 1966. Located on the largest island in Lake Acquadocton

5. The Church of Saint John - Typical New England church located in the south of Johnson. The original center of Johnson

6. Belleview Woods - Woodland located on the slopes of Bell Hill south-west of the town

7. Beck Valley - The river valley which forms the main approach headed north into Johnson. Heavily wooded. Route 89 runs through the valley

8. Beck Valley (Town) - Small community formed of a few houses

Is this based on any specific town/city?

Not exactly, but I've derived a lot of inspiration from the New Hampshire towns in the area surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee. Places such as Wolfeboro, Meredith, and Plymouth.

So that's why it felt so familiar.

Hi, I'm new in the forum, so I came here looking for images of possible map of GTA VI, searching, I found several maps of many of you, I was inspired and now I try to create my own map, still has no definite name .. So, here it is ..

EDIT: Re uploaded the image

oErobD4.png

Please give me some tips to improve my technique.. :lol:

Edited by claude30
  • Like 4

Your image link is broken, try using a better image host like imgur :p

[sengin's map]

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing O_o

Edited by RedDagger
removed unnecessarily large quote

The Annual Awards will be awarding a medal for Best Map this year, I hope to see many of you participate. Please submit your nominations here http://gtaforums.com/topic/832228-annual-awards-2015-best-map-nomination-topic/

:)

• Like 5

Oh look, an update.

kpjVvU1.png

One step closer to being done for now at least. I tried experimenting with countryside but it ended up looking awkward and weird, but don't worry, I will try to include it soon™

So yeah, a few differences around the map shape, basically. Might add more stuff north of Wrigley Field, something suburban probably, but still ain't sure.

Feedback is appreciated.

Oh look, an update.

-Snip-

One step closer to being done for now at least. I tried experimenting with countryside but it ended up looking awkward and weird, but don't worry, I will try to include it soon™

So yeah, a few differences around the map shape, basically. Might add more stuff north of Wrigley Field, something suburban probably, but still ain't sure.

Feedback is appreciated.

May I suggest that you darken the Yellow used on the Freeways just slightly?

This is my map, i have created San Francisco (San Fierro), San Jose (San James) and Sacramento (San Cento) at the top. Gonna add more cities.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2n19cte&s=9#.Vmw3Er-G4rE

2n19cte.jpg

Update 1.1, Added Santa Rosa (San Girasol) and some better map adjustments. Click full image for proper scale.

2mflkyb.jpg

Update 1.2 Added Los Santos! Added colour, and changed some stuff around
2rps01y.jpg

Edited by JackDA

Just a note - if your updates are within a few hours of each other or less and no one else has posted, please edit your post and add them instead of posting them as new posts :)

Thanks!

Just a note - if your updates are within a few hours of each other or less and no one else has posted, please edit your post and add them instead of posting them as new posts :)

Thanks!

Ok, my bad.

^^f*ck me, that's massive^^^

Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-

Reminds me to Los Angeles in L.A Noire.

EDIT: Man, hard to think i haven't been working on my map in the last months, not much free time and i have been focusing on other stuff, is still pretty unfinished and looks too big for my taste, i wanted to be smaller than LC, but the Pres. Marshall Airport (Pres. Reagan Airport) demands a bigger frame, whatever, i'm still on this, give me some time and i'll give you the finished version, i'm too picky but i still want to contribute to my favorite thread.

oiVZu42.png

is based on Washington, been using this map as reference (WARNING, massive map of Washington DC)

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 2
WmrCRYEN3252---BR

First I am new to the forum I am Brazilian . sorry for the mistakes in English . I am looking for a map that has the cities of San Andreas , las venturas , san fierro , vicy city and liberty city for me make them in CryEngine . I put the results here if I can put some say what I chose and I will put the photos on the map CryEngine thank you

First I am new to the forum I am Brazilian . sorry for the mistakes in English . I am looking for a map that has the cities of San Andreas , las venturas , san fierro , vicy city and liberty city for me make them in CryEngine . I put the results here if I can put some say what I chose and I will put the photos on the map CryEngine thank you

Hey, I have been planning to make a map with all of the cities mentioned, i will put it up on this forum soon

Edited by JackDA

Hi
wmkw2p.jpg
This is the template.

I have started making the main cities. The map will hopefully will be done by the end of tomorrow (24hrs)

Edited by RedDagger

http://gtaforums.com/topic/447751-mapmaking/page-63?do=findComment&comment=1067436630

Also, I think you meant Los Santos instead of San Andreas ;)

Back again. I think I'll just abandon my last project because it was just too big and it didn't look too nice for me. So, I'm starting fresh now that I now how paint.net works now. I've made an archipelago map that will be more rural than other GTA maps. Currently I have 2 towns, an airport (referenced from the Perth International Airport), and 1 freeway/highway. This took about 1 hour to make. I will be eventually finishing this. Feedback very much appreciated.

afNvToV.png

• Like 2

Back again. I think I'll just abandon my last project because it was just too big and it didn't look too nice for me. So, I'm starting fresh now that I now how paint.net works now. I've made an archipelago map that will be more rural than other GTA maps. Currently I have 2 towns, an airport (referenced from the Perth International Airport), and 1 freeway/highway. This took about 1 hour to make. I will be eventually finishing this. Feedback very much appreciated.

Nice map, man.

Made (yet another) map, this is what it looks like so far:

3358ow3.jpg

2uj7247.jpg

Here is a close-up on Ovilton (Seattle)

Edited by RedDagger
removed image

My Map: Update 2
Changed the north shape and the west side of the map
Changed to a San Andreas color style
Added:

• lakes and rural zones
  • mountain
  • cities and industrial zone (not finished)
  • prison island
  • airports

Here it is

Hu4doDE.png

Hope you like this one ^^

Feedback is very appreciated.

• Like 9

This is my latest map of the whole of the US. Take a look:

2m6wrdh.jpg

Los Santos. It is not very good but:

29qe649.jpg

Las Venturas:

2hyguc1.jpg

Sur Oceano, which is San Jose IRL.

2n17qxc.jpg

San Fierro:

2s7yloh.jpg

San Cento, which is Sacramento IRL.

333jxxd.jpg

Missport, which is based off Portland.

9ab66c.jpg

Ovilton, which is Seattle.

vdzcc0.jpg

Barrana, based off Helena.

206xvrt.jpg

Faston, based off Rapid City. lol.

2ntkc60.jpg

And finally, Lillopolis, based off Minneapolis.

f2j5eb.jpg

Feedback would be appreciated.

Yay. I also realised I started off page 77. Hi :)

I am also going to start making Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland soon.

Edited by JackDA
  • Like 3