• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Update on Acadia (Chicago):

waZXIB6.png

Unlabeled version.

A (somewhat) large update, highlighted the highways with a yellow color for better visibility, and I added the airport as well. The latter was a large pain in the ass because O'Hare International Airport has a lot of runways, so I just kept it pretty simple with 3 runways and 3 terminals.

I might add countryside around the city at one point, but i'm not too sure, since I've got to finish the southern side of the city. Planning on doing an icon map with shops, police stations and more at one point. But in the meantime, I hope you enjoy it.

Feedback is always appreciated.

• Like 14

Bryans

hXSOEM8.png

Here's my interpretation of Dallas, TX. This is the present state of the city, with Downtown Dallas more or less complete apart from buildings/parks. Why Bryans? Well, John Neely Bryan was crucial to the establishment of the settlement of Dallas, so it seemed fitting.

Version with the Downtown districts labelled:

XPVxOB4.png

Edited by lolznc
  • Like 7

It's been a month since I updated Hoosierville, so here it is now:

z82k9aK.png

Edited by unbid

I finished the North city i still don't know what to call. I don't know if I will finish this or not.

tbh there are way too many (straight) roads and intersections IMO. and you almost only have same-size square blocks. Just some tips for future stuff, though.

Liberty City - Update 14

3c2tkXh.jpg

n8HmmgE.png

Finally, an update!

I haven't updated this map since June so I thought I might do a little bit of work on it. I can't remember all the small things I added in the last month so this list might be missing some.

Broker:

• Added many roads,
  • Changed some names,
  • The big green empty space labeled Fort Hamburg will be a golf course,
  • Added exits on the Callahan bridge and the highway next to it.

Dukes:

• Added a somewhat decent amount of roads,
  • Extended the northern highway,
  • Decorated the Rivers Edge park,
  • Added some buildings in East Island City,
  • Added the Easton-Dukes Tunnel.

Islands:

• Finished Exodus Island.

I'm not sure if I'm fully back in map making. This might just be a one off update, I don't know. I get bored very easily lately and I don't feel like doing anything, especially maps.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Edited by LibertyKing

Another visit to Bryans, where a bit of progress has been made. I haven't expanded the road network beyond Downtown, but a bit of general tidying up and a start on buildings & parks has been done.

KGIX6Pd.png

During my recent period of inactivity in the forums, I managed to scrape up another district of my city. :colgate: Fortunately, I'm well on the way to developing another part of the map too.

VRupWZh.png

No blips:

VdQKg09.png

Legend:

kszfPCZ.png

Firstly, I decided to add another airport to the map. With the main roads going all over the place, there needed to be more than one airport, I thought. The district's also got a couple rivers running through it, dividing it into smaller islands. The northwest island, cut by the river, is a mostly gang-inhabited part of town. The island in the top-centre is made up of a couple residential neighbourhoods, as well as some industrial in its northernmost part.

All the green in the southern third of the district depicts a wood kind of area. You have quite a few paths leading off from the main road as well. The southeastern tip of the main island is a mainly residential neighbourhood; upper-class housing and the like, save for a few shabby apartment buildings and shady businesses around the corner.

I hope to post some more progress soon if I get the time. :^:

RandompedestrianfromLC

Very good work in that NY map. I was about to do exactly what liberty king did. Except some streets and aves, should be done differently and the hove and firefly projects area.

Im still tryin to start my version of liberty city (the more realistic version of LC).

I already did something to paper, but Im tryin to learn how to do those maps in pc.

• Like 1
RandompedestrianfromLC

LibertyKing, I think you should ad flat bush ave, so it starts from the floyd bennett field (bridge to breezy point, roxbury) and goes trough the broker to the outlook park(prospect park), like in real new york.

Also brownsville and east new york "ghetto housing projects" type of area fits well to that empty slot you havent yet done.

Guy R Brewer blvd, rochdale village type of place to Queens (dukes).

• Like 1

LibertyKing, I think you should ad flat bush ave, so it starts from the floyd bennett field (bridge to breezy point, roxbury) and goes trough the broker to the outlook park(prospect park), like in real new york.

Also brownsville and east new york "ghetto housing projects" type of area fits well to that empty slot you havent yet done.

Guy R Brewer blvd, rochdale village type of place to Queens (dukes).

Flatbush Ave. won't be much work since those parts of the town aren't finished yet. Brownsville was already planned where Beechwood Ciy is right now, although I just looked it up and it seems to be based off of Flatbush, so I might swith Portland View and Beechwood to make it more realistic. For your third suggestion, I'll try to fit an apartment complex like the one you mentioned in the area currently labeled Willis, which is kinda based off of Jamaica already (in IV).

Thanks for your suggestions! I'm always looking for people who know those areas more than I do so that the map looks as realistic as possible. I've never been to New York so everything I do is based off of maps.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I had in mind a map to my GTA i'm making, based on Boston, fictionally called Prestige City, it is in progress but here's how looks right now (on spoiler), first island is residential, with a quite hipster college ambience, nice parks, two colleges and a stadium (based on Harvard Stadium):

snjmv5.jpg

Part 2: third island is done, the east side of Prestige City, with airport, neighborhoods based on: Jeffries Point, Eagle Hill, East Boston and Orient Heights:

16gh05u.jpg

Edited by killMEbeth

Liberty City - Update 15

tDYtegz.jpg

K7E6hXn.png

The Broker Update !

This update is solely centered around Broker. Most of the changes were suggested by BoomBapPoet (Thanks!).

Broker:

• Added Portland Avenue going from Downtown Broker to Windy Hill (Breezy Point), based on Flat Bush Ave,
  • Changed the roads around Outlook Park,
  • Redesigned the roundabout area of Outlook Park,
  • Added two new roundabouts,
  • Removed the highway going eastwards from the tunnel in East Hook,
  • Replaced the highway with a track. This makes the area much more true to real life Brooklyn, as there are no highways splitting it in two,
  • Rearranged South Slopes, Beechwood City and Portland View,
  • Added East Liberty (Based on East New York), not done,
  • Added roads and tracks in South Slopes,
  • Changed the roads in Portland View,
  • Moved Firefly Projects to its rightful location,
  • Changed the roads to make room for Firefly Projects,
  • Added runways on the "Floyd Bennett Field" (no name for it),
  • Changed some roads in Saint Mark's,
  • Added detail on the highways to make them appear either elevated or sunken (Forgot some),
  • Moved the green spot in Downtown two blocks to the right (It is now in Schottler)
  • Started doing street names,
  • Probably some other details I forgot.

The map is slowly getting closer and closer to be finished. I wonder if I'll ever finish it. I don't know.

Anyways, thank you for reading! Again, I take most request people give me, unless it doesn't make sense.

I made a map. A very little one. What do you think??

mapa-de-mierda-hd-1554147.jpg

It should be bigger, otherwise the roads and highways feel out of place and the link shouldn't be Mapa-de-mierda, it's actually pretty good and looks tidy!!

I thought it was a Vice City map or something, you should make another one bruh!!

Have you considered in making a 3D era New York?

• Like 1

How could I forget about Salthon?

-Huge ass snip-

Sweet, but you should really make the map smaller, gta maps are not way that big and you gonna get tired/bored of working in this juggernaut, look at LC's size and base your work on that.

Johnson, New Berkshire

Welcome to Johnson. Pop. 5,021. Elevation 1,002 ft. The town was established by Harris Johnson - a reverend born in Trimont - in 1817 in a clearing between Lake Acquadocton and Gert Lake. The town grew quickly and Harris' original vision of a good Christian drink-and-violence free community was lost. As a result, Harris moved to the site that would become the community of Beck Valley. Today, Johnson is the main centre for outdoor leisure in the area such as fishing, hunting and hiking. The town's numerous motels do good business during the spring, summer and autumn while winter trade is brought by the Johnson Christmas Market.

dyTAVxN.png

Points of Interest:

1. Bellview Hotel - A former mental asylum built on an isolated hillside. Asylum closed 1921, hotel opened May 1924 and closed September 1924 for unknown reasons. Today is a grand ruin visited only by the occasional urban explorer.

2. Lake Acquadocton - The largest lake in the area. Good fishing. Small marina in Johnson for dinghies, canoes and small motor boats

3. Gert Lake - Named after a local man who drowned 1789. Originally two separate lakes, in 1807 heavy rain caused the smallest lake to overflow and permanently connect them together

4. Harmonic Grove - Hippy commune established by "Willow Wind" (Amanda Yark) in 1966. Located on the largest island in Lake Acquadocton

5. The Church of Saint John - Typical New England church located in the south of Johnson. The original center of Johnson

6. Belleview Woods - Woodland located on the slopes of Bell Hill south-west of the town

7. Beck Valley - The river valley which forms the main approach headed north into Johnson. Heavily wooded. Route 89 runs through the valley

8. Beck Valley (Town) - Small community formed of a few houses

Bryans (Dallas)

I9DSwpQ.png?1

Changes: Improvements to the Trinity River/Dallas Floodway Project & a start on roads on the west side of Downtown.

Edited by lolznc
  • Like 3

Sweet, but you should really make the map smaller, gta maps are not way that big and you gonna get tired/bored of working in this juggernaut, look at LC's size and base your work on that.

There was a time when I was considering making the map smaller. However, I decided to continue the actual progress, because I understood creating the whole map from scratch wouldn't make any sense. That's why my Salthon map is still a big-ass one.

By the way, update:

xzBRKNi.png

• Like 2

Johnson, New Berkshire

Welcome to Johnson. Pop. 5,021. Elevation 1,002 ft. The town was established by Harris Johnson - a reverend born in Trimont - in 1817 in a clearing between Lake Acquadocton and Gert Lake. The town grew quickly and Harris' original vision of a good Christian drink-and-violence free community was lost. As a result, Harris moved to the site that would become the community of Beck Valley. Today, Johnson is the main centre for outdoor leisure in the area such as fishing, hunting and hiking. The town's numerous motels do good business during the spring, summer and autumn while winter trade is brought by the Johnson Christmas Market.

dyTAVxN.png

Points of Interest:

1. Bellview Hotel - A former mental asylum built on an isolated hillside. Asylum closed 1921, hotel opened May 1924 and closed September 1924 for unknown reasons. Today is a grand ruin visited only by the occasional urban explorer.

2. Lake Acquadocton - The largest lake in the area. Good fishing. Small marina in Johnson for dinghies, canoes and small motor boats

3. Gert Lake - Named after a local man who drowned 1789. Originally two separate lakes, in 1807 heavy rain caused the smallest lake to overflow and permanently connect them together

4. Harmonic Grove - Hippy commune established by "Willow Wind" (Amanda Yark) in 1966. Located on the largest island in Lake Acquadocton

5. The Church of Saint John - Typical New England church located in the south of Johnson. The original center of Johnson

6. Belleview Woods - Woodland located on the slopes of Bell Hill south-west of the town

7. Beck Valley - The river valley which forms the main approach headed north into Johnson. Heavily wooded. Route 89 runs through the valley

8. Beck Valley (Town) - Small community formed of a few houses

Is this based on any specific town/city?