• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

LibertyKing

Liberty City 2015 - Update 6

9GbaZih.png

l9ZfaJV.png

Trees!

I'm back, after two months of doing nothing. Everything I've changed on the map I did in the last two days. Sorry for the huge lack of update. I'm slow, that's all.

So I added trees. I got into doing meticulous details. It might be a little too much, but I love it. I made Middle Park too. I think it looks amazing, especially for something I've done in 30 minutes. I also made what I call the Humboldt River Park in President City, based on the East River Park. I remade One Law Square, I added even more details on the Broker Bridge and I detailed the Algonquin Bridge, I added some more buildings in Purgatory, I rescaled Pier 45 because it was out of scale and... that's about it. Oh and I worked on Broker a little bit. Added streets and such. That big empty space is supposed to be Outlook Park (Prospect Park), but the shape is a little off so I might redo it. I also added the old hospital on Colony Island.

I added some street names in Lower Algonquin:

• Park Street - Based on State Street, named after the park beside it.
  • Gold Street - I was trying to find a mineral name that wasn't already in IV. I might change it.
  • Bridgestone Street - A tire manufacturer. There is a Bridge Street and a Stone Street in that area. So I merged them. It's supposed to be, you know, funny...
  • Barricade Street - Based on Wall Street. Barricade sounded cool, so I took it.
  • Happiness Street - Based on Liberty Street. Self explanatory.
  • Houser Street - Based on Maiden Lane. Named after the Houser Brothers.
  • Benzie Street - Based on Fulton and Dey Street. Named after The Benz. This is a typo.
  • Angel Street - Based on Vesey Street. Named after Angel Studios, currently known as Rockstar San Diego.
  • Euphoria Street - Named after Euphoria Engine.
  • Love Street - Named after Donald Love. It's supposed to be canon.
  • Humboldt Street - Simply named after the explorer in IV, same name as the river.

So yeah. Thanks for reading this, or just looking at the map and leaving a like, I appreciate it. Please leave feedback, I like it when people screw with my radio signals. If I forgot anything, or if I used a English wrong bad word, sorry is not first language me.

Btw, I've never been to and I've never seen New York. I've never even been to the United States. I just know stuff.

Edited by LibertyKing
  • Like 17
unbid

@LibertyKing: I love your rendition of LC so far, but what's bugging me in your map is the BOABO located under Charleston Bridge, and BOABO stands for Beneath Over Algonquin Bridge Overpass (iirc). Perhaps you can rename it for the sake of realism.

• Like 3
LibertyKing

@unbid: lol, I've never noticed that. I'll change the Charleston Bridge Name to Algonquin Bridge and I'll find a new name for the Queensboro Bridge. Thanks for the heads up. Have a cookie! :cookie: BTW it's Beneath the Off-ramp of the Algonquin Bridge. So yeah... I'll change that ASAP.

@phoenixShine: Thanks, I named them all in 10 minutes. :)

Edited by LibertyKing
  • Like 1
The Dedito Gae

@LibertyKing, may i recommend a poor area (preferably with a landfill) called Harwood?

that would be badass.

• Like 1
unbid

@LibertyKing: For your (former) Algonquin Bridge, how about renaming it to East Island Bridge (or DukesLand Bridge for the alternative)?

Anyway, thanks for the cookie! Love the chocolate chips in it.

Edited by unbid
  • Like 1
killdrivetheftvehicle

This is exactly the kind of level of detail we all should strive for! Great job so far! :cookie:
  • Like 3
PhillBellic

@LibertyKing, I often wonder how you will re-imagine the immediate New Alderney region. :)

• Like 1
LibertyKing

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions everybody! I'm glad you like the map!

@Midnight Hitman: Is that supposed to be a reference for something?

@unbid: The thing is, it sounds a bit too similar to the East Borough Bridge. And if I change this one too, it will get confusing. I'll just call it the Dukes Bridge, unless I come up with something better. And I'm glad you liked the cookie!

@killdrivetheftvehicle: Thanks! It takes a LONG time to get that much detail unto a map. But in the end it looks awesome.

@PhillBellic: I think I'll try to do that area right now even.

@Midnght Hitman (again): That's a great suggestion. The space is a bit tight in that area though... I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Found space. How's that?

5cyWYsa.png

Edit 2: Changed image.

Edited by LibertyKing
  • Like 3
killdrivetheftvehicle

@LibertyKing: yes it takes time, but the more detail you cram into a map, the more interesting it becomes. Mapmakers should always make their maps so detailed, that every pixel has a meaning.

• Like 1
UrbanAdventuring

Todomayor - Stage 3.1

InT1wOq.png

Alright, I can now focus more on this map project. Expect some updates over the next few days.

• Like 8
The Dedito Gae

@Liberty King

really appropiate username!!

that place should have been in LC , seeing as planes are just scenery.

i love detailed maps, most map makers tend to be lazy.

PhillBellic

and I'll find a new name for the Queensboro Bridge.

Perhaps, call it the Kingsbury Bridge?

sengin

Grand Theft Auto 6 Map

inspired by Gifbrah

created by sengin

*click on picture for higher resolution*

GTA%206%20MAP_zpslghgn8yd.png

Edited by sengin
  • Like 15
Choco Taco

Grand Theft Auto 6 Map

inspired by Gifbrah

created by sengin

Can you upload the map to imgur.com? Photobucket has been terrible and their images take forever to load.

• Like 1
StellarRunner

^really nice. I would add some land south liberty city.

Edit: damn, it's really amanzing, I would love something like that in the next gta. Only with a remake of LS and LC.

Edited by aleex96
  • Like 1
sengin

@sengin:
I'd add North Yankton and Carcer City.

i just add the main gta-city´s but i will do a north yankton one!

*click on picture for higher resolution*U4qlxFW.jpg

Grand Theft Auto 6 Map
inspired by Gifbrah
created by sengin

Can you upload the map to imgur.com? Photobucket has been terrible and their images take forever to load.

here :):
U4qlxFW.jpg

a GTA-UNIVERSE

XBchc1S.jpg
  • Like 32
LibertyKing

@sengin: Dude, that's awesome! You've got skill man! The only thing I don't like is the shape of San Fierro but overall, It's epic! I wish I could do things like that.

@Midnight Hitman: There's a mod on PC that adds it. I think it looks great in the city. I wonder why it's not already there.

@PhillBellic: Ooh, nice! I'll definitely use that! Thanks, PhillBellic!

• Like 1

All of these beautiful maps make me wonder why these people aren't working for Rockstar Games.

Edited by Amraqx
  • Like 2

Because.... THOSE ARE JUST MAPS.
Belive it or not - just making it into the game it's between... 2 to 3 weeks of non stop work - of course you have to be creative at the same time and everything just HAVE to go according to plan. To it's pretty exhausting.
Not to mention:
- Materials;
- Textures;
- Testing;
- Ideas;
- Fixing Bugs.
And most of all - storyline. Those map could work as a part of multiplayer for... 200 people at once?

I know what I'm talking about because I'm working on including one of those maps into the game right now. And still finding ways to make it faster. And more effective. And people to help. And still takes too freaking long.

If we could assamble here a team for doing one map at the time - that COULD work.

Edited by Intelo
  • Like 3
undertaker fan

@Sengin: awesome map man! All it lacks is carcer city, cottonmouth and north/south yankton

• Like 3
UrbanAdventuring

Todomayor - Stage 3.2

gw7G8wg.png

Finished the south side of Lonestar and moved its airport.

• Like 5
killdrivetheftvehicle

@UrbanAdventuring: mills, warehouses and lowrises next to a golf club? Mansions next to mills? The property values have to taken account for when designing how the city boroughs are layed out.

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle
UrbanAdventuring

I set the area around the railroads (purple lines) to be industrial. The mansions being next to mills would be a little weird. I may put something between them, like a park as a buffer. Warehouses and light industry next to middle class housing isn't that odd. I see it all over my city. The Low rises will be 5-10 story buildings - mostly offices and apartments. The north side is a more upscale part of town, and the low-rise section would reflect that. The area labeled "Mills" will probably be grain and meat-packing type plants. A lot of food companies are based in Dallas and San Antonio (this town is like a mix of Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Austin).

I don't like the position of the airport either. It is too close to the mansions. All the other outskirt areas are full though. The south end of town has an air force base, which will not go together well with a commercial airport.

• Like 1