• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Testarossa

Well, I have started on the remake of Mexico City, with a more smaller map and such. Personally, I think it's doing well. I started up with a layout similar to Mexico City's actual territorial expansion, and with a few changes here and there. Then, I decided to start with the area around the airport, as well as starting with the area around the racetrack and the arena. I also changed the map to GTA IV's map style because why the hell not.

wNopEtK.png

As always, feedback is appreciated. :)

It's a great start. Keep going. How come you are re-booting your map? Your older one looks good.The map size was too big, that's why.
  • Like 1
theGTAking101

My first map. Based off San Andreas. Do not insult my first map.

SanManto.png

It's a good start :D

• Like 1

Ok, here's my sketch of what killdrivetheftvehicle called a Cocachi City (or as I say - Anywhere City).

rect4228_by_jintel0-d8ohd3w.png

Light BLUE (not green) area has the highest dencity - mostly buildings over 5 stories high, skycrapers, factories and stuff.
The dark one is least populated. Black is sea. Everything else - suburbs.

Now - before i make it more precise i to wanna know what you guys think about it. Sooo... what do you guys think about it? :3

Edited by Intelo
  • Like 4
PhillBellic

Ok, here's my sketch of what called a Cocachi City (or as I say - Anywhere City).

rect4228_by_jintel0-d8ohd3w.png

Light green area has the highest dencity - mostly buildings over 5 stories high, skycrapers, factories and stuff.

The dark one is least populated. Black is sea. Everything else - suburbs.

Now - before i make it more precise i to wanna know what you guys think about it. Sooo... what do you guys think about it? :3

I can't say I see any green. The overall layout looks good.

BLUE, not green, BLUE! XD

Already edited it.
Yeah, thx. It's based on actuall Chicago but not fully. I've changed a few things.

Edited by Intelo
killdrivetheftvehicle

@Intelo: Wow! You already kinda zoomed into the map. My process was like in my previous project to build a big and not so accurate map, make it as detailed as I could, then kinda zoom into the states and add detail. You start from the cities, and thats fine with me. I'm excited to see how you manage all cities and figure out how they connect!

Oh, and some feedback: looks like Capitol city is about the right size, and Cocachi seems to be right shape. However I think you should redraw some highways in Capitol city, because some of them seem not to make sense. Cocachi seems to be bigger than what I planned, and I think I was right about the proportions of the cities, so in that light I think it's looks a bit too large, but this is just an impression, because I haven't yet seen how you lay out the streets and the river.

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle
  • Like 1

Yeah, i think you're right about those highways. Especially about on on the south. I'll make some mountains in there and a town but I'm not so sure about maps edge. water? Or maybe mountains?

I'll be working on Cocachi soon. I also have like... some sketches of "Dallas" and "Texas" state. And Las Venturas. But I'll have to dig them out. They were both on external disc and Notebook, bot notebook broke (actually... i did break it. A bit.) and files are stuck somewhere on the external hard drive. No idea where. :/

Oh, and there's a port city on south-east of the Capitol City.

Edited by Intelo
  • Like 1
killdrivetheftvehicle

Yeah, i think you're right about those highways. Especially about on on the south. I'll make some mountains in there and a town but I'm not so sure about maps edge. water? Or maybe mountains?

I'll be working on Cocachi soon. I also have like... some sketches of "Dallas" and "Texas" state. And Las Venturas. But I'll have to dig them out. They were both on external disc and Notebook, bot notebook broke (actually... i did break it. A bit.) and files are stuck somewhere on the external hard drive. No idea where. :/

Oh, and there's a port city on south-east of the Capitol City.

Yes, the southern loop highway seems unneccessary, and those two shortcuts on the higways in the city seem unnecessary too. If you look at that part of the USA, the mountains are on the northwest side of Capitol city, but DC is not a mountain city, so it would make sense that they were only hills, not mountains. There should be a river running through the city from three directions and uniting in the middle. But in a gta game it is advisable to use water as the edge too, because we are able to fly over mountains.

I hope you find those missing files.

Here's an update for my map

gta_america_map_zpsovabmebr.png

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle
  • Like 3
StellarRunner

Here's an update for my map

gta_america_map_zpsovabmebr.png

wow, nice one. Maybe some day we will play a similar map. Edited by aleex96
[...]

@Intelo: awesome layout! I love it! :cookie:

@killdrivetheftvehicle: Are you still working on your GTA America concept? Anyway, good job.

GTAVIMap_zpswahiftwc.png

Edited by phoenixShine
  • Like 5

I like it, but i'd change one or two things.
first of all - why make Hudson island so small? Make it bigger. A partly rocky, partly beachy shore maybe? Like 3 times longer, 1,5 that size to the west or just instead of that make another, that'd be like... like an actual land. You know - suburbs and stuff.

Oh and which one btw? Cocachi City?

Edited by Intelo
killdrivetheftvehicle

@universetwisters: Sorry to upset you, but I beleive that's the way most Canadiens feel their country is run: like it was only toronto and montreal, so that's a sting at that. And I don't want a whole lot of small states in the midwest/west, because the states aren't small there.

@phoenixShine: No, I think at some point, maybe after I finish the new maps, I'm going to upgrade the GTA America Concept, because it's really such a good platform, and I want just to extend it.

gc8_STi

I beleive that's the way most Canadiens feel their country is run: like it was only toronto and montreal

Haha. No

At least include Ottawa

Edited by Willplanb1
  • Like 1
The Dedito Gae

i haven't done anything that merits to upload again my map, but i thought it would be fun to compare my own map with my palette version of Liberty City, just to see how sh*tty my work looks next to R*'s work.

7k0PelI.jpg

is accurate in size comparison because i started working on top of the original map of LC and then completly twisted to resemble Washington DC, although is still a looong way of being done.

my LC detailed map is also very unfinished, but when i get time, i'm gonna end it.

EDIT: now that i think about it, i could make Capital a but wider or taller.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 6
SpaceJunk

Update: I've started to add/re-position the cities and landmarks in SA while adding one of my own. I plan on redesigning Bayside and finishing the roads tomorrow.

LARGE IMAGE WARNING:

Update 9:56 PM EST: Now includes Mt Chiliad, Angel Pine, Gant Bridge, Area 69 desert, and the Easter Bay International Airport!

Edited by SpaceJunk
  • Like 1

Just found out a cool new method to draw a detailed coastline for my map, and decided to give it a try. It was difficult as hell, but the end result was satisfying.

Made this in Photoshop, btw.

id07kFhl.jpg

aqwaqwaq8

Just found out a cool new method to draw a detailed coastline for my map, and decided to give it a try. It was difficult as hell, but the end result was satisfying. Made this in Photoshop, btw. id07kFhl.jpg

Nice ,which city/region are you making?

i haven't done anything that merits to upload again my map, but i thought it would be fun to compare my own map with my palette version of Liberty City, just to see how sh*tty my work looks next to R*'s work.

7k0PelI.jpg

is accurate in size comparison because i started working on top of the original map of LC and then completly twisted to resemble Washington DC, although is still a looong way of being done.

my LC detailed map is also very unfinished, but when i get time, i'm gonna end it.

EDIT: now that i think about it, i could make Capital a but wider or taller.

Why not make it both? Wider. Longer. Add some suburbs.

• Like 1
SpaceJunk

Latest update, hope you like it:

gta_america_map_zpsxduy7cem.png

I like the map design and everything, but the Los Santos airport is bigger than the whole country of Jamaica.

• Like 1
LibertyKing

@killdrivetheftvehicle: That map is amazing. I love how you included Ottawa, I live in the part north of the river. And I agree with SpaceJunk, those islands are way too small. Anyways, it's awesome!

• Like 1
killdrivetheftvehicle

@SpaceJunk & @ LibertyKing : You're absolutely right about the Islands. They are going to be small towns, not cities. But I will ofcourse have to make them a little bigger.

• Like 2