• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

LibertyKing

I won't make both, I'm not a machine... And because people seem to want to see the new map finished, I'll work on this one.

ClaudX

Started on my Midway (Indianapolis) map.

midway_zps068267ad.png

It's not the entire map, as there will be more countryside. Also, ignore the roads for right now, there are definitely not final, I just needed something to fill the emptiness. This is just a rough sketch of the city of Midway.

Thought i'd show what I've got for my GTAVI concept map so far. The scale is meant to be closer to IV's Liberty city, there's a reason it's allot smaller than some of the impressive maps I've seen in this thread but I'll save that for when everything is ready.

0BraQ2q.jpg?1

Edited by Gregers08
  • Like 1
Vanto

Thought i'd show what I've got for my GTAVI concept map so far. The scale is meant to be closer to IV's Liberty city, there's a reason it's allot smaller than some of the impressive maps I've seen in this thread but I'll save that for when everything is ready.

I like the colors you used for the map. It looks awesome :^:

• Like 1

I like the colors you used for the map. It looks awesome :^:

Thanks Vanto tried to give the look of the map presentation wise something that looks like a mix of the old vice city map and GTAV.

Hmmm nice bike

Here's a blast from the past, I made this map for this thread from 2009, we were discussing whether or not Liberty City was created to its full potential, and I posted a link where it's stated that the original map idea was for the game to be set in an entire state based on the state of New York. After hearing of that, I took to Photoshop and created my own interpretation of the state of Liberty.

liberty-state.jpg

What does everyone think? East Island (connected to Dukes) is mostly made up of suburbs and flat countryside with some woods and farms, and the Carraways (mentioned in GTA IV and V, probably based on the Hamptons) are the beach islands and town at the end. Upstate has places based on Yonkers, White Plains, Albany, Buffalo, and Niagara (with a huge waterfall based on Niagara Falls at the end where that river empties out), and then mountains and forests for countryside.

Edited by Tony.
UrbanAdventuring

Two new cities for the GTA USA map.

Midway (Chicago):

gtusa_mini_V6_midway.png

Rainer (Seattle):

gtusa_mini_V6_rainier.png

Edited by UrbanAdventuring
  • Like 3
gtamann123

I like your Seattle map. I have struggled before to make a good GTA map for Seattle. But maybe I will get it someday.

Update on Vice City/South Tampico. I decided to add a small town in the top left of the map that Isn't really based on any real town just a generic South Florida small town (Currently unfinished). I also added a large lake and a Marsh connected to it. Which will be the second largest wetland in the game after the Gatorglades which will take up almost the entire Southwest portion of the map. Also added most of the streets in Little Havana and a few landmarks such as the Little Havana Scrapyard and the Vice City municipal impound lot in Little Haiti. And I haven't exactly decided on where the University Of Vice City (UVC) will go yet.

nfrXE6L.jpg

Edited by gtamann123
  • Like 2

UVC should be a few streets left of the Vice Port under Little Havana, since in real life the University of Miami is a few neighborhoods under Little Havana next to the port. The neighborhood UVC is in should be called Pearl/Plankton Shine, or something like that since in real life the University of Miami is in Coral Gables. You should add a town to the really top of the map parodying Vero Beach, Sebastian or one of those small Indian River county towns near the ocean. In my concept I have a town called Aloe Beach named after Vero Beach at the top of the map. You can use that name if you want.

Edited by Ragref
  • Like 1
gtamann123

UVC should be a few streets left of the Vice Port under Little Havana, since in real life the University of Miami is a few neighborhoods under Little Havana next to the port. The neighborhood UVC is in should be called Pearl/Plankton Shine, or something like that since in real life the University of Miami is in Coral Gables. You should add a town to the really top of the map parodying Vero Beach, Sebastian or one of those small Indian River county towns near the ocean. In my concept I have a town called Aloe Beach named after Vero Beach at the top of the map. You can use that name if you want.

I was actually planning on putting it South of the port and East of the I-95 type freeway. And make the surrounding neighborhoods be suburban similar to a Homestead type area. So it would match the geography of the U somewhat but it would just be kind of a mashup of the Southern suburbs of Miami.

And yeah i was also thinking of running the urbanization up the Eastern coast as well even though I was originally going to have it end right around where the loop freeway would be if you continued it. I like your idea and I will keep it in mind.

Edited by gtamann123
aqwaqwaq8

FINALLY started working on my map again:

-started addeding roads to bohan

-finished all the street in alderney and added alleys to alderney, broker/dukes and algonquin

(map from gta 4 added for comparison)

i'll be adding some small towns soon

iqlArk1.jpg

• Like 1
DaWiesel

^^^ Nice!

That mountain in the top left, will you base it on something? And are you going to add the Carraways?

aqwaqwaq8

^^^ Nice!

That mountain in the top left, will you base it on something? And are you going to add the Carraways?

The mountain in the top is loosely based on the Algonquin peak on the very top of the state of new york(or just one of the Adirondack mountains. I've placed it a lot closer to the city and have left out cities in the between because i wanted the map to have a plausible size and also have some variety.

I will probably add the Carraways but they won't be that detailed .

DaWiesel

Well, haven't posted an update of my map for weeks so here it is:

a0hFk0w.png

Central, South and Keys are done, now I'm going to work on the northern part of South Vice with Fort Anemone (based on Cape Coral-Fort Myers Metropolitan Area) and the surroundings of Lake Okeechobee.

I will also add buildings and optimize the coast lines as well, but that isn't the priority right now.

• Like 2
gtamann123

Another update on my Vice City map.

I added a couple new towns going up the Eastern coast line.

New Vinewood-Hollywood, FL

Fort Seminole-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Aloe Beach-Vero Beach, FL (Suggested by Ragref)

I also filled in most of the roads in Orakaton and Oeste Key. And added the University of Vice City to the Southeast corner of the mainland and labeled a few more neighborhoods that will come soon. I also named all of the Tampico Keys as well.

Edit: Added some more detail. Like the Gatorglades Marsh area. As well as finishing up most of the roads for the Southern portion of Vice City and adding a couple resorts and a cruise ship port. I also added a nice 55+ mobile home park in New Vinewood and a trashy one near Orakaton. I also added a prison.

I also decided the abbreviation for the state will be TP

So....

Vice City, TP

Fort Seminole, TP

Orakaton, TP

etc.

pItmf43.jpg

Edited by gtamann123
  • Like 1
UrbanAdventuring

This is Firebird, a city that is based off of Phoenix.

gtusa_mini_V7_firebird.png

BTW, this is my first city with labeled hoods. The rest of the cities that I have completed have named hoods now as well, but it will take some time to post updated images showing those hoods.

• Like 1
UrbanAdventuring

I thought my city maps would have more character with some neighborhood names. I updated all the previous cities with hood names in small print. They don't always match the names of hoods in previous game's. Some may be hard to read.

Liberty City:

gtusa_mini_V7_libertycity.png

Los Santos:

gtusa_mini_V7_lossantos.png

Vice City:

gtusa_mini_V7_vicecity.png

Midway:

gtusa_mini_V7_midway.png

San Fierro:

gtusa_mini_V7_sanfierro.png

Las Venturas:

gtusa_mini_V7_venturas.png

Lobbyton:

gtusa_mini_V7_lobbyton.png

Rainer:

gtusa_mini_V7_rainer.png

Trumpcard:

gtusa_mini_V7_trumpcard.png

• Like 2

Been busy these past few days so I haven't really got much done for my concept recently, I did finish the map though (more or less) I'll try adding some icons and maybe change the layout a bit when I'm free again.

Cj697GG.jpg?2

Edited by Gregers08
  • Like 1
Ss4gogeta0

I thought my city maps would have more character with some neighborhood names. I updated all the previous cities with hood names in small print. They don't always match the names of hoods in previous game's. Some may be hard to read.

Liberty City:

gtusa_mini_V7_libertycity.png

Los Santos:

gtusa_mini_V7_lossantos.png

Vice City:

gtusa_mini_V7_vicecity.png

Midway:

gtusa_mini_V7_midway.png

San Fierro:

gtusa_mini_V7_sanfierro.png

Las Venturas:

gtusa_mini_V7_venturas.png

Lobbyton:

gtusa_mini_V7_lobbyton.png

Rainer:

gtusa_mini_V7_rainer.png

Trumpcard:

gtusa_mini_V7_trumpcard.png

I suggest you post these in the State of Liberty Board ;)

I think X-seti could use these as a baseline for what the newer locations can look like.

Cheers, Ss4gogeta0

UrbanAdventuring

Roseport is similar to Portland:

gtusa_mini_V7_roseport.png

I'm currently working from west to east over the big map. This takes care of the Pacific coast cities.

aqwaqwaq8

small update,

didn't add much streets but changed the mountains, added some rivers

and made the map a little bit larger:

7DdhoKh.jpg

Ragref

add more parks in algonquin, gta iv had way more in there besides middle park. also add a city island parody to bohan

aqwaqwaq8

also add a city island parody to bohan

i've already added 'bohan' but because my map is more realistic and looks more like the real new york city(/state) it's not an island like in IV.:

comparison: my map

Yl16j5d.jpg

the real bronx:

H1On7hI.jpg

Edited by aqwaqwaq8
  • Like 1
Ragref

also add a city island parody to bohan

i've already added 'bohan' but because my map is more realistic and looks more like the real new york city(/state) it's not an island like in IV.:

comparison: my map

Yl16j5d.jpg

the real bronx:

H1On7hI.jpg

uh what?

i was just saying to add this to the side of bohan, not whatever you think im saying.

Ragref

Hey, everybody can upload his GTA map here or I need permission?

yup, you don't need permission to upload your creations here

Agunachopace

Allright, here is my version of Houston, Cranquibach (yes, that´s the name I gave it):

craquibach-houston-954579.jpg

• Like 3
aqwaqwaq8

uh what?

i was just saying to add this to the side of bohan, not whatever you think im saying.

sorry I didn't know you actually meant a place called 'city island' to bohan but i thought you meant adding bohan in the form of a 'city island'

i don't think i will add it because it's very small and i can't add all the details as it isn't a perfect representation of the real world

Edited by aqwaqwaq8
gtamann123

Allright, here is my version of Houston, Cranquibach (yes, that´s the name I gave it):

Looks neat. Houston is an awesome city so I would love to see a GTA style map made for it.

UrbanAdventuring

Here is Paipulaina, my take on Honolulu.

gtusa_mini_V7_paipulaina.png

I liked doing this one. I added a new golf course texture, but I'm not about to repost all the cities affected by it. Just use your imagination for previous maps. The names were put together using a Hawaiian-English dictionary, and some may be total butcher jobs of the language. If you don't know Hawaiian (hopefully), these may seem like legit names. I tried to make the names Hawaiian sounding, since looking at Google Maps I saw few English place and street names (aside from Pearl Harbor and Diamondhead).

Here is a "etymology" of the names:

paipu+laina = pipe + line = "Pipeline"

hala+wiwi = home + skinny = "skinny house" (Tall, thin hotels) (on second thought, make that hale=house)

luna+maka = on top + eye = "eye (view) from the top"

laina'akau = line + north = "north strip"

Source: http://hawaiian-words.com/home/hawaiian-dictionary/

I was guessing from names like "Waikiki", that the adjectives go last in the constructions since "ikiki" means hot & humid.

This city will be located at the southwest corner of the map. It will not be thousands of miles away from the mainland like real life. Refer to the zoomed out map for its exact location. It hasn't moved.