Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

RedDagger

GTA Mapmaking

Recommended Posts

CluckinGuy69

I'm back at mapmaking, so here's Liberty City from GTA Chinatown Wars but with Alderney added (WiP). Still on progress like doing some details like roads, buildings and other stuff for Alderney. Just let me know if you want to suggest to improve Alderney in CTW style.

nQ7IoL1.png

  • Like 8
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MentallySlow

Just decided that I was bored so I wanted to try mapmaking. This has no name, nor does it really have any plans at all. These are highways of a map that I have no real plans on finishing.WylNMlK.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magister
20 hours ago, CluckinGuy69 said:

I'm back at mapmaking, so here's Liberty City from GTA Chinatown Wars but with Alderney added (WiP). Still on progress like doing some details like roads, buildings and other stuff for Alderney. Just let me know if you want to suggest to improve Alderney in CTW style.

nQ7IoL1.png

Nice map.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francesco Bonomo
Posted (edited)

Can I get some feedback on my map for my concept, Badfellas.

 

MUcvSU2.png

 

I did not draw up the Liberty City portion. Simply added expansions.To the north of LIberty City are the Upstate cities. (From left to right: Aaronsville based on Buffalo, NY - Christown based on Rochester, NY - and Adamton based on Apalachin, NY)

 

In between Liberty City and Upstate stands Midway Island based on Rykers Island.

 

The western region is the state of New Guernsey which will have the following cities (From top to bottom: Brunswick based on Newark, NJ - Guernsey City based on Jersey City, NJ - and Claremont based on Bayonne, NJ)

 

Then there is the island right below New Guernsey, that is Bellevue Island based on Staten Island, NY. I have been adding more and more details over time but would like some pointers to help my map look aesthetically.

 

Thank you.

Edited by Francesco Bonomo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
killdrivetheftvehicle

@Francesco Bonomo here's some feedback for you as requested:

 

The Good

- the additions include both loose and tight grid

- good ideas

 

The Bad

- added maps colors don't match the III map (streets are colored as tunnels, Midway island roads are colored as airport runways, alleyways are colored as buildings)

- if you have a dam, then the water shouldn't come from the sea, because a dam works so that it builds up flow of water and then releases it. If the water comes from the sea and goes to the sea there is no current and no buildup, so maybe a big reservoir instead of a river.

- the cities are too close to eachother (I know the cities are close, hence they call it Boswash, but there is some space in between)

 

In Conclusion

 

There's some good ideas here, but it needs some reorganizing and finishing touches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karteskarteskartes
Posted (edited)

o7WWwQu.jpg

 

Hi all!

 

Hadn't drawn a proper map for very long time so I wanted to return to the thoughts I've had of what could my city, Riga, the capital of Latvia, could look like if it was included in GTA. Since it's not very likely that R* will ever base a GTA there, I decided to try out doing it myself.

Riga was actually a very good fit as it has quite a long coastline, which made the process of islandisation much easier. It was fun planning so that everything is realistic but also GTA-ey and trying to capture the essence in 20x the size of the original location.

 

At this point it is halfway done- the east island is finished, but there is a lot to do for the west one. Currently I am working with the classic colour scheme, but I will stylize it so that there is a bit more from me. The boroughs' names are currently direct translations. I will also add the restaurant and shops icons in places where there are in real life.

 

Anything that does not work that well? I am still a bit unsure of how large should the airport be.

 

Edited by karteskarteskartes
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cygi

When you finish, make sure you post the blank map here.

This is gorgeous. 😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magister
7 hours ago, karteskarteskartes said:

o7WWwQu.jpg

 

Hi all!

 

Hadn't drawn a proper map for very long time so I wanted to return to the thoughts I've had of what could my city, Riga, the capital of Latvia, could look like if it was included in GTA. Since it's not very likely that R* will ever base a GTA there, I decided to try out doing it myself.

Riga was actually a very good fit as it has quite a long coastline, which made the process of islandisation much easier. It was fun planning so that everything is realistic but also GTA-ey and trying to capture the essence in 20x the size of the original location.

 

At this point it is halfway done- the east island is finished, but there is a lot to do for the west one. Currently I am working with the classic colour scheme, but I will stylize it so that there is a bit more from me. The boroughs' names are currently direct translations. I will also add the restaurant and shops icons in places where there are in real life.

 

Anything that does not work that well? I am still a bit unsure of how large should the airport be.

 

Good style & amazing map👌

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skidodles
Posted (edited)

So I've been hearing about how much of a rural problem a certain Rockstar map has and so as an Angeleno, I decided to remaster the map via edits.

http://EYYp6Nh.jpg

 

What I did was added 6 new locations and improved on 2 existing locations. Here is the List:

  • Added a new area south east of the city and next to the port that contains East Beach (Long Beach), Willowfield (Willowbrook), and West Algonquin (Manhattan Beach)
  • Added in a valley just north of the Vinewood Hills named Great Chaparral Valley (Based on San Fernando Valley)
  • Added a desert suburban town right above Great Chaparral named Challenger (Based on Lancaster and Palmdale)
  • Added in a coastal city beside Raton Canyon named Santa Murillo (Based on Santa Barbara/surroundings)
  • Improved Chumash and Grapeseed by expanding Chumash westward and added in more roads, and made northern Grapeseed more urban much like it's counterpart.

I still need to add in some paths and alleyways and better edit the shorelines underwater but tell me, what do you guys think? Do you agree with these remaster or rather see other stuff implemented? Hope y'all enjoy!

Edited by Skidodles
Replaced some words
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magister
13 hours ago, Skidodles said:

 

Remastered, Rockstar Map. Correct please.. 

Good work, impressive. Good luck 

 

Sandy Shores (Nevada, LV)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
13 hours ago, Skidodles said:

 

I see you added the city of Longwood on there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skidodles
On 8/28/2020 at 6:58 PM, Willman249 said:

I see you added the city of Longwood on there 

Longwood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
1 hour ago, Skidodles said:

Longwood?

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skidodles
5 hours ago, Willman249 said:

unknown.png

oh i see, you mean Long Beach. Yes I did however in GTA: SA, it's called East Beach so I went with that name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
2 hours ago, Skidodles said:

oh i see, you mean Long Beach. Yes I did however in GTA: SA, it's called East Beach so I went with that name.

East Beach is a name that works too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR

With all the speculation abound in GTAO I made a quick concept of a Santa Catalina Island expansion. Here's St. Claud Island: 
ChQPtGp.jpg

  • Like 12
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
1 hour ago, TrinityCR said:

With all the speculation abound in GTAO I made a quick concept of a Santa Catalina Island expansion. Here's St. Claud Island: 
-map-

Those two islands won’t constantly try to kill each other will they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magister
On 9/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, TrinityCR said:

With all the speculation abound in GTAO I made a quick concept of a Santa Catalina Island expansion. Here's St. Claud Island: 
-map-

Make places near LS, like in a real map. Good work. 

 

This island to the left should be located. TrinityCR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skidodles
On 9/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, TrinityCR said:

With all the speculation abound in GTAO I made a quick concept of a Santa Catalina Island expansion. Here's St. Claud Island: 
-map-

I like this alot tho I would see an island like this be alot smaller and possibly only having Aviation  as the whole bottom part. Other than that, it's great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR
38 minutes ago, Skidodles said:

I like this alot tho I would see an island like this be alot smaller and possibly only having Aviation  as the whole bottom part. Other than that, it's great!

Thank you. Yeah it is a bit big but I tried to keep to scale with the rest of the map. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash-JAY

For the small towns between LS and LV there's, Fort Carson, Las Barancas, Las Brujas.

For towns between LS and SF there's, Angel pine. The countryside could feature flint County and flint range. Also flint water would be a cool place to have. There's a river flowing by SF in San andreas. It's named royal river. You could bring that back as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR

People liked my previous map so I'm working on a San Fierro map. Problem is I don't know anything about whats around San Francisco so if anyone wants to suggest cool things like racetracks or landmarks around the city feel free to let me know. Also there's really no good way to connect South and North San Andreas by bridge. 
h0m1o35.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Midnight Hitman

I think there should be a bit more landmass between Paleto/Southern San Andreas and San Fierro. Remember, Flint County, Red County etc are missing in GTA V, so those whole counties need to be implemented somehow because they still exist in the HD universe. Along with all the forests and isolated countryside. SF shouldn't be so "close" to Paleto and there should be space for counties and towns like Angel Pine, Blueberry, Palomino Creek, and so on. :)

 

Visually it looks great, that's quality work. Keep it up!!

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR
6 hours ago, Midnight Hitman said:

I think there should be a bit more landmass between Paleto/Southern San Andreas and San Fierro. Remember, Flint County, Red County etc are missing in GTA V, so those whole counties need to be implemented somehow because they still exist in the HD universe. Along with all the forests and isolated countryside. SF shouldn't be so "close" to Paleto and there should be space for counties and towns like Angel Pine, Blueberry, Palomino Creek, and so on. :)

 

Visually it looks great, that's quality work. Keep it up!!

Thank you. I already have the towns of Blueberry, Angel Pine and Fishers Lagoon although theyre a bit small. Maybe I'll make them bigger. While not labeled on the map yet I'm thinking Flint County is the island area at the north. Bellow that is Red County which surrounds the city of Redwood. South of that is Orange County which has the Back O' Beyond wilderness. To the west of that is Wheatstone County which has the Giant Redwood National Park the finally north of that is San Fierro County. The distance between Paleto and SF does look short. Maybe I'll do the San Andreas trick and wind the highway some more. I want the forestland to be super dense and super isolated. Like you can actually get lost in them so there's not gonna be much on the map around the south but up north I still need some ideas of what to put. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR

North and South San Andreas.
 Esoa5lj.jpg

Edited by TrinityCR
Image
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magister
13 hours ago, TrinityCR said:

North and South San Andreas.
 -map-

Impressive work, Mr. TrinityCR. 

 

When will end up to do, San Andreas, do the same from Liberty City and Vice City. But in the end of can association, to do. You cool do, map

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperHeichou
On 9/19/2020 at 3:54 PM, TrinityCR said:

North and South San Andreas.
 -map-

Amazing, man ! It's really something that Rockstar could totally make, in my opinion.

 

I was on my phone and it inspired me to imagine a Nevada part, with Las Venturas inside. I just drew some global forms through my Samsung App. But maybe it could give you some ideas for what is following next ?

 

119946713_10221417114809669_728148430673

  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrinityCR
57 minutes ago, SuperHeichou said:

Amazing, man ! It's really something that Rockstar could totally make, in my opinion.

 

I was on my phone and it inspired me to imagine a Nevada part, with Las Venturas inside. I just drew some global forms through my Samsung App. But maybe it could give you some ideas for what is following next ?

 

Thank you very much. I do want to make a Las Venturas map next but honestly after seeing this map by Avatarsd I don't think I can make a better one.

I'd feel like I'm aping him if I even try. But maybe I will. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperHeichou
4 hours ago, TrinityCR said:

Thank you very much. I do want to make a Las Venturas map next but honestly after seeing this map by Avatarsd I don't think I can make a better one.

I'd feel like I'm aping him if I even try. But maybe I will. 

His map is one of the most incredible that I seen until now, I have to admit it. It's very coherent with the geographical situation of Las Vegas IRL. Even the form of the state is well-representated.

 

Maybe both of you can collaborate ! The Nevada of @avatarsd could surely have a place next to your rendition of San Andreas. All you need in my opinion is to create a piece of land (like the yellow part on my "schema") that could assembly your maps together, with a natural result 🙂 I also thought it would be a good idea to create a new 'GTA' version of San Diego but maybe it would be too much? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrymusOmneiousGoaanu

I've already tried, still yet to get a reply back to my question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.