Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

RedDagger

GTA Mapmaking

Recommended Posts

Willman249
Posted (edited)

My map is for a game idea I have for a trilogy series connecting the RDR and GTA universes: sequel to RDR and prequel to GTA.  
 

First game would be about interwar America and the birth and rise of the modern mafia and organized crime in interwar America.  Jack’s adulthood from 1920 to 1940 (1920, 1928, 1934 and 1940) where you play as him and a mobster turned mafia Boss names Joe DeMici.  
 

Second game would be about the peak of organized crime and the rise of Mexican American and biker gangs in post-war America from 1948 to 1962 (1948, 1956 and 1962) where you play as Jim Marston (Jack’s son), Jon Gravelli and Luis Cortez a Korean War vet and founder of the Los Santos Vagos.  
 

Third game would be about the rise of African American street gangs with the beginning and rise of the Ballas and Grove Families and drug cartels in 1970s America in 1970 and 1978 where you play as Jeff Marston (Jim’s son), Anthony Ancelotti and Fred Johnson (CJ’s father).  

Edited by Willman249
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249

Post image

Here's an idea on the growth of the city of Blackwater, which geographically corresponds to Houston, it is a port city into cattle and oil country west of Louisiana and its layout is very similar to Texas City, Texas a industrial port suburb of Houston, also its architecture is reminiscent of that of Galveston before the 1900 Hurricane. 

 

Houston vs New Orleans population.  In 1900, Houston had a population of 45,000 while New Orleans had a population of 287,000.  Houston's population would rise gradually to 79,000 in 1910 then 138,000 in 1920 before ballooning to 292,000 in 1930 while in that time New Orleans rose to 339,000 in 1910 to 387,000 in 1920 then rising to 459,000 in 1930.  It was called "The Fastest Growing City in the South" in the 1920s.  The Great Depression temporarily put caused a dramatic slowdown on Houston's growth spurt of the 1920s increasing only to 385,000 in 1940 while New Orleans increased to 495,000.  By 1950, however, Houston would rise to 596,000 while New Orleans only rose to 570,000 permanently becoming the largest city in the South.  In 1960, New Orleans reached its peak population of 627,000 while Houston climbed to 956,000 and kept growing.  Becoming the first city west of the Mississippi outside of Los Angeles to pass 1,000,000 in the early-1960s, then 1,500,000 in the late-1970s and 2,000,000 in the mid-2000s.  

 

The city grows southward down the coast in the 1910s, while a bridge is built crossing the Upper Montana River in 1916, before the dramatic expansion in the 1920s, by 1940 Thieves Landing and Blackwater are practically the same city with Thieves Landing becoming the industrial heart of West Elizabeth.  The city gets its first high rise building in 1915, then about five more in the 1920s with one completed skyscraper and one under construction by 1928.  In the 1930s and much more so in the 1940s, especially after WWII the city begins expanding westward.  By 1934 the city has its first modern airport, and is roughly the same population as Saint Denis in 1907.  In 1939, a massive tall monument is built based on the San Jacinto Monument just north of Thieves Landing.  In 1969 a new airport is built where MacFarland's Ranch used to be.  

  • Like 8
  • pepoevil 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
donnits
16 hours ago, Mattineu said:

the Conections from LC and Alderney look weird, besides Bohan, Bohan looks fine, Alderney on the other hand looks illogical, There are two bridges that connect directly with and Highway, without a propper intersection, which is unrealistic, and lazy, Also, It's weird that none of the Highways of the city are connected to the Countryside, and Broker, has only one connection to Long Island, that could be a problem to the people going up there

I want to make it clear again, most of the roads and shape of the map is straight from The Crew's USA map. I've added a few of my own things, like East Island, but overall it's not a very original map. You're right about the unrealistic (and lazy) bridges, I'll try to fix those up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattineu
43 minutes ago, donnits said:

I want to make it clear again, most of the roads and shape of the map is straight from The Crew's USA map. I've added a few of my own things, like East Island, but overall it's not a very original map. You're right about the unrealistic (and lazy) bridges, I'll try to fix those up.

Guess that explains why your map made me remember of The Crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
On 6/23/2020 at 2:25 AM, ivarblaauw said:

An easy style but man what do I love this. 

This is what I am talking about mah man! Wonderfully created and I literally had to look twice in order to see that it was a fake map.

*only one thing: you wrote Abarino instead of Ambarino :)


I love that you see the sketches underneath the map, you literally sketched and then converted it to digital. Great Great Great job!

image0.jpg

 

Here's a picture of the progress to give you an idea of how I did it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrymusOmneiousGoaanu
Posted (edited)

It turns out Imagur limits for maps is 20MB Me and Carmain's shared map is 39.3 MB. I don't want to split it but I have to now.
I added new coastal Islands in the southern half and added the Long Valley Caldera Region and Las Venturas. In the Northern half I made the major river systems and the green circles are place holders for the volcanoes which will be snow covered. Vancouver and Vancouver Island have been improved but the Island still needs work. If anyone can help by adding cities it would be appreciated greatly. I struggle most at making city maps, too many streets and roadways. We just need the major cities first, the smaller towns will come later. Other than that good luck. This took a while to get it this far and my computer has trouble handling any more growth of the map so it will be split into sections, or at least until we get to the other side of the rocky mountains. I plan on at least getting to Yellowstone/ Sulfur Ridge National Park.
https://imgur.com/3UcVETv
https://imgur.com/gtxR0q6

Edited by PrymusOmneiousGoaanu
  • Like 2
  • YEE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
1 hour ago, PrymusOmneiousGoaanu said:

It turns out Imagur limits for maps is 20MB Me and Carmain's shared map is 39.3 MB. I don't want to split it but I have to now.
I added new coastal Islands in the southern half and added the Long Valley Caldera Region and Las Venturas. In the Northern half I made the major river systems and the green circles are place holders for the volcanoes which will be snow covered. Vancouver and Vancouver Island have been improved but the Island still needs work. If anyone can help by adding cities it would be appreciated greatly. I struggle most at making city maps, too many streets and roadways. We just need the major cities first, the smaller towns will come later. Other than that good luck. This took a while to get it this far and my computer has trouble handling any more growth of the map so it will be split into sections, or at least until we get to the other side of the rocky mountains. I plan on at least getting to Yellowstone/ Sulfur Ridge National Park.
https://imgur.com/3UcVETv
https://imgur.com/gtxR0q6

Holy sh*t the level of detail is incredible in these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrymusOmneiousGoaanu

I would post the original files here but that's not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
josh coley
On 6/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, Willman249 said:

My map is for a game idea I have for a trilogy series connecting the RDR and GTA universes: sequel to RDR and prequel to GTA.  
 

First game would be about interwar America and the birth and rise of the modern mafia and organized crime in interwar America.  Jack’s adulthood from 1920 to 1940 (1920, 1928, 1934 and 1940) where you play as him and a mobster turned mafia Boss names Joe DeMici.  
 

Second game would be about the peak of organized crime and the rise of Mexican American and biker gangs in post-war America from 1948 to 1962 (1948, 1956 and 1962) where you play as Jim Marston (Jack’s son), Jon Gravelli and Luis Escuea a Korean War vet and founder of the Los Santos Vagos.  
 

Third game would be about the rise of African American street gangs with the beginning and rise of the Ballas and Grove Families and drug cartels in 1970s America in 1970 and 1978 where you play as Jeff Marston (Jim’s son), Anthony Ancelotti and Fred Johnson (CJ’s father).  

you should make a concept thread or two about these ideas because they actually sound very interesting, like the one where we play as the founder of the los santos vagos, it would be very interesting to see how the vagos gang started. it would also be cool to see cj's father as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CRAZY AL WARD

So it's been a long while since i've Really posted something here, i might as well post this map i've been workin' on

 

Up in Columbus County lies a small town hidden away in the mountains & left Mostly abandoned afterwards

Ladies & gentlemen

welcome to

Centerfield

ITw9mqU.jpg

Centerfield is the gta version of both Centralia, Pennsylvania & Hideo Kojima's Silent Hill.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, i got bored during this covid-19 BS & started to do productive things Before friday, july 3rd (My Birthday)

It's basically the Centralia map with a few major changes

Hopefully, somebody takes intrest in it & enjoys it

 

Enjoy your stay in Centerfield

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willman249
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, josh coley said:

you should make a concept thread or two about these ideas because they actually sound very interesting, like the one where we play as the founder of the los santos vagos, it would be very interesting to see how the vagos gang started. it would also be cool to see cj's father as well.

Thanks, glad you like the idea, I did start a thread about the idea in another section of this site and I have a word-pad document on the idea, if you want to DM me your email address I'll show it to you.

 

2 minutes ago, CRAZY AL WARD said:

So it's been a long while since i've Really posted something here, i might as well post this map i've been workin' on

 

Up in Columbus County lies a small town hidden away in the mountains & left Mostly abandoned afterwards

Ladies & gentlemen

welcome to

Centerfield

ITw9mqU.jpg

Centerfield is the gta version of both Centralia, Pennsylvania & Hideo Kojima's Silent Hill.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, i got bored during this covid-19 BS & started to do productive things Before friday, july 3rd (My Birthday)

It's basically the Centralia map with a few major changes

Hopefully, somebody takes intrest in it & enjoys it

 

Enjoy your stay in Centerfield

Nice attention to detail dude

Edited by Willman249
address
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA Concept Maps
Posted (edited)

GTA VI Concept Map - Liberty State 1979 (Liberty City, Alderney City, Carcer City and Upper Liberty State)

 

 

"The year is 1979; punks roam the streets, bent cops rule the land and Jimmy Salteone has just returned after a five year stint in prison..."

 

After a year of working on this beast of a map, I have finally finished it! The concept of the map: An expansive map of Liberty State which highlights the many different areas, including several huge sprawling cities, national parks, forests, lakes, mountains, a military base, several domestic and international airports and much more!

 

As for the names of the bridges and some areas, I picked name references from pop culture related to New York.

 

This took me a year to create and was quite problematic trying to paste here on the GTA forum (it kept crashing due to the original size of the file). So after a day of trying out different file compression sizes to reduce the file to a decent size without sacrificing too much quality, this was the optimal size to use as my laptop and GTAForums/imgur constantly crashed each time I tried a higher file size.

 

The image may appear a bit blurry (I hope not) but this is the best I could do...

 

Hope you all like it; I put a lot of detail into it and passion! 

 

If any of you would like to see this in FULL detail in it's original file size, I could try send it to you in an email. 

 

Link to map on my imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/FIvDp0i

otDvr34.jpg

Edited by GTA Concept Maps
Typo
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexualizer

Not much have changed since last update, but I'm still (slowly) working on it.

 

4DWguJw.png

 

Current goal is to finsih the VC Bay coastline and the Northern East part. Then we'll probably go a little more deeper into mainland. Still thinking about remaking proper Keys too.

 

Spoiler

CZ7qU95.png

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

    • PrymusOmneiousGoaanu
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.