Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Mapmaking


RedDagger
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • LibertyKing

    215

  • killdrivetheftvehicle

    198

  • drscot

    194

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Recommended Posts

I've been drawing my depiction of Liberty City in the year 1959. Here's the progress so far, I've only finished Portland. Some ideas I have for the locations right now are;

  • Instead of Chinatown, there is a district known as "Lutefisk Boulevard" which is a nod to the real-life Eighth Avenue in Brooklyn that used to be known as Lapskaus Boulevard (or Little Norway) before the Scandinavian population got replaced by Chinese immigrants.

QLctDfO.png

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, GrungiestFlea said:

GTA Southlands Update 

Just wanted to say that this map is incredible, hope you continue to add to it for a long time to come.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
PrymusOmneiousGoaanu

I was wondering if somebody was dedicated enough to make detailed remakes or their own maps on Cities Skylines to see how well they function. Somebody already made Los Santos to the best of their ability (before any of the tunnel updates and modded buildings) It would be epic to see someone remake the west coast like this (wip) https://sta.sh/01m09ccdhlsz it would be amazing! Even if it has to be cut into parts it would be fine. Recommended 81 tile unlocker mod if your going to do any of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like the fact you just used my San Andreas map there without any permission. You need to know this goes against the rules of the MapMaking thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DaniLekBom said:

I don't like the fact you just used my San Andreas map there without any permission. You need to know this goes against the rules of the MapMaking thread.

iHIbArg.jpg

For DaniLekBom: Sorry, I have not read the rules.  But I will take note of this information.  Sorry again.

Edited by magister
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 2:20 AM, DaniLekBom said:

I don't like the fact you just used my San Andreas map there without any permission. You need to know this goes against the rules of the MapMaking thread.

Hey, DaniLekBom. 

1z1bSHT.png

Look at the map.  I added the village of Akaachonaa. 

I fixed the island. 

Edited by magister
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaniLekBom said:

Stop using my maps, dude.

Wait, but others also used the card.  For example, the same carmain

3 minutes ago, DaniLekBom said:

Stop using my maps, dude.

Example - 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stop. And go make your own.

Before using anyone's map you gotta ask for the permission. That's the rule of this thread. You have to respect that.

 

Edited by DaniLekBom
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DaniLekBom said:

Just stop. And go make your own.

Before using anyone's map you gotta ask for the permission. That's the rule of this thread. You have to respect that.

 

OK OK!! 👌. See you later. 

 

Continue your VC map yourself.

👋 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magister said:

Yes it’s not right. But mm.  Okay. I'll try later.

I used his maps (and those of others), but I always asked permission of the creators. So he is definitely in his right.

 

Even though your maps look cool, you should ask permission to all the creators. Just try to work it out with our friend here :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

I used his maps (and those of others), but I always asked permission of the creators. So he is definitely in his right.

 

Even though your maps look cool, you should ask permission to all the creators. Just try to work it out with our friend here :)

Ya novin'kiy , zdes'. Ya p-o-n-ya-l tebya. 

 

I only took from Digweg and DaniLekBom.  I’ve got a bit of Los Santos.  And everything else.  Let them do it.

Edited by magister
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, magister said:

Ya novin'kiy , zdes'. Ya p-o-n-ya-l tebya. 

 

I only took from Digweg and DaniLekBom.  I’ve got a bit of Los Santos.  And everything else.  Let them do it.

Prosto rasslab'sya tovarishch,

 

The people who have made maps put in countless hours into them. To suddenly see their work being used without consent can be quite unsetteling. 

 

We have a rule in the map making thread (page 1): don't use other's maps, unless you asked and got green light to do so. 

 

Since I love what you were doing, ask DaniLekBom and Digweg to use their maps and try to work it out. Then you can continue the amazing work :)

 

I tried my best Russian to explain it:

Sprosite u sozdateley soglasiya. Togda budet normal'no ispol'zovat' ikh rabotu. :)

Edited by ivarblaauw
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, magister said:

Ya novin'kiy , zdes'. Ya p-o-n-ya-l tebya. 

 

I only took from Digweg and DaniLekBom.  I’ve got a bit of Los Santos.  And everything else.  Let them do it.

This is none of my business but you have to accept that you used somebody else's work without asking them first. You can't just do that. Your maps were very good but you need to get permission, okay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, henrardwal said:

This is none of my business but you have to accept that you used somebody else's work without asking them first. You can't just do that. Your maps were very good but you need to get permission, okay?

Alright alright, dude.  I'm still in cartography, not really 👌

5 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

Prosto rasslab'sya tovarishch,

 

The people who have made maps put in countless hours into them. To suddenly see their work being used without consent can be quite unsetteling. 

 

We have a rule in the map making thread (page 1): don't use other's maps, unless you asked and got green light to do so. 

 

Since I love what you were doing, ask DaniLekBom and Digweg to use their maps and try to work it out. Then you can continue the amazing work :)

 

I tried my best Russian to explain it:

Sprosite u sozdateley soglasiya. Togda budet normal'no ispol'zovat' ikh rabotu. :)

Yes, I already understood.  But the Digweg map was abandoned.  He didn’t do it for a very long time.  It’s like a scientist got someone else’s project.  Here I have it.  Well, at DaniLekBom, I understood already.  I won’t.

Edited by magister
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello Guys, im back. Today i show you my WIP Map, which is called Glancecountry. A small military island near cyprus in the 90´s that was artificially populated by the government. Glancecountry is a popular and invigorating place to live, celebrate and die.

qvGMP3K.png

Edited by Prokan
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Prokan said:

 

Hello Guys, im back. Today i show you my WIP Map, which is called Glancecountry. A small military island near cyprus in the 90´s that was artificially populated by the government. Glancecountry is a popular and invigorating place to live, celebrate and die.

qvGMP3K.png

It is not bad but DaniLekBom nailed street design. His map looks like something from Rockstar. So you should work on the street positioning, to make it more natural like on DaniLekBom map.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MrBozidar said:

It is not bad but DaniLekBom nailed street design. His map looks like something from Rockstar. So you should work on the street positioning, to make it more natural like on DaniLekBom map.

Hey MrBozidar,

When im started to built the map i was completly focused on a BR Map not a Gta Map, thats is why the road design is how it is. 😀

Edited by Prokan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Guys, i updated my map Glancecountry.

Added:

-Railraods

-More small rivers

-Beaches 

-Buildings

-Names for the citys

-Landscaping

 P9UAfk1.png

Edited by Prokan
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Members and Guests, i updated my map Glancecountry.

You can tell me your opinion about my Map😀

I plan to freeze the Glancecountry project because I´m satisfied with what it is.

I think this version (V.3) will be the last.

 

I reworked and added a few new things:

Landscape:

-New desert-district

-New rivers/reworked some areas

-New lake

-More beaches

-Water improvements

Road/Railroad:

-Detailed the railroads

-More alleys in the citys

Citys:

-All citys got more houses

-Detailed more

 

4OOEh1x.png

 

Edited by Prokan
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • JuanMartinGamer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.