• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Will use MS Paint and PaintTool SAI 1.0 for creating my own version of California (dumped the Yorkshire idea)

Bearland (California)

CITIES:

Los Hijos (Los Angeles)

Cisco City (San Francisco)
Mahogany (Oakland)

Beverly (Berkeley)

Starwood (Hollywood)

Humaliwo (Malibu)

• Like 1
On 7/15/2018 at 3:03 AM, GrungiestFlea said:

That's it folk's, making this map has been so much fun and you guy's motivation helped me amazingly. Now onto my next project, the New Orleans/Saint Roche map.

Looks amazing brother! Great job!

Perhaps you can combine your New Orleans map with this map? Will make it wider and more diverse. 

The Crew did this aswell, combining them succesfully in one region.

By doing this, you could accentuate the Gulf of Mexico even more and 'players' could experience the entire region. From swamplands, to bayou, to lush forests and dense cities to beautiful sunkissed beaches. Your map would have it all.

Ps: I like the amount of work you put into it. You can see the landmarks quite well and well... why doesn't R* hire you!?

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Rakan2018 said:

0Ebiil.png

Sarwood v1.0

I would love to see it without the overlay. Makes it a bit hard to see.

- It is to square, unless you purposefully went after that look.

- I like how the map is defided in different segments with countryside between them. Something GTA V lacked.

- make sure there is another city or something interesting in the right corner. Otherwise players will skip that part. Remember how people hoped for another city in gta V.

- make it worthwile to get out of the city. A small town isn't worthwile, a large Marina city (like Santa Barbara) is! 

For the rest: I like it. Gives me a feeling of GTA III meets San Andreas. I would love to see it upscaled and more detailed if you are up for the job ahead?

Edited by ivarblaauw

IVkcsT.png

Sarwood 2.0

Addons:

- Map extended to 600x800 one.

- Airport (working on it).

- 3 cities and a ghost town added.

- Added docks (for trading.)

- Added intersection.

- Bridges updated (Now they are 2!)

- Removed Khalar Industries.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, SkyGTA_User said:

So, what is the best recommended free software out there to mapmake?

Gimp definitely. 

It is like a free version of photoshop. Stripped of some premium features, but quite good for this line of work

8 minutes ago, Rakan2018 said:

IVkcsT.png

Sarwood 2.0

Addons:

- Map extended to 600x800 one.

- Airport (working on it).

- 3 cities and a ghost town added.

- Added docks (for trading.)

- Added intersection.

- Bridges updated (Now they are 2!)

- Removed Khalar Industries.

Try to take some time to first have a total idea. 

What cities does your state have? What is each city's industry? Create a quick sketch on paper for that city. 

After you have done that, go digital and create one larger map. 

My largest was 15.000 px x 20.000 px. Scale atleast to 1080x1080 for good quality.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, SkyGTA_User said:

So, what is the best recommended free software out there to mapmake?

Gimp definitely. 

It is like a free version of photoshop. Stripped of some premium features, but quite good for this line of work

No, it is bad because i got swearing from Vladimir (my friend, not to be confusing with putin)

5 hours ago, SkyGTA_User said:

Will use MS Paint and PaintTool SAI 1.0 for creating my own version of California (dumped the Yorkshire idea)

Bearland (California)

CITIES:

Los Hijos (Los Angeles)

Cisco City (San Francisco)
Mahogany (Oakland)

Beverly (Berkeley)

Starwood (Hollywood)

Humaliwo (Malibu)

I was trying this as well... was too much work in the end. *search map california dreaming at the first page of this thread

8 minutes ago, SkyGTA_User said:

sad..

but i'll take the attention when i'll finish my map!

Recognizable. My finished San Andreas map barely got the attention it deserved

1 minute ago, SkyGTA_User said:

I have GIMP 2.0, PaintTool SAI 1.0 and MS Paint to do the job!

Then you are already using the right tools mate.

I myself use photoshop, but I've to pay monthly quite a lot for that. 

BEARLAND SHOWCASE 1

Hello Mapmakers and Map viewers! I want to introduce you, my Bearland! The parody of California! The picture below is still at work in progress, probably only part of Bearland, Los Hijos County.

iUllq7q.png

AREA NAME                         INFLUENCE

Santa Mesa                            Santa Monica

Marina del Hija                       Marina del Rey

The Triangle Markets

Catfish Hotel

Versailles                                Venice

Huskie Industries

Hardin de Virgen

United Station                         Union Station

ENJOY!

Spoiler

The funny part was on how i named United Station, it looks like it's United States! 😂😉

• Like 1

Sarwood 3.0!

0L7mO6.png

- Some islands unified, and some was collapsed.

- Added building for Airport (%100 Done)

- Added buildings to Intersection

- Added homes near the another Intersection.

- Added a small town.

pSENMV.png

land names

PrymusOmneiousGoaanu

@Carmain

Since the last time I posted here, I just added the Alamo sea area to the map, the area left in white and where Las Venturas goes is only known to Carmain at the moment. I added a location for the lake Tahoe filler goes but it's probably too big....

Product thus far:

https://sta.sh/02cg8nuc0aa0

references for accuracy: KO83Lp4ontSseUF5CaVLApSc7Aeo0XNxC2xFeKuG

us_topography_bathymetry_giclee_lg.jpg

(I am ambitious to at least make the map stretch from San Andreas to the Washington state Analog to North Yankton to the Texas state analog or until further notice.*)

*may or may not include parts of Canada and Mexico hence the until further notice bit.

• Like 3

St. Roche Update 2

Hey guys, just me back with another update on my New Orleans/Saint Roche map. I've been working a lot on the map so I'm gonna bullet all the things that I've done below and like always any questions, comments or critiques you guys have are always welcome.

• Expanded the land area of eastern Saint Roche to better represent the coastal Louisiana areas, this is still a WIP and will most likely change between now and when I'm finally satisfied with the map.
  • Continued the roadwork on both Saint Roche and the countryside. I's still debating on what second major city to add to the map, most likely though it will be located in the southwestern area of the map.
  • Off map I've been locating logo's for sponsors and such to add to the map to add a bit of realism.

Anyway's, thank you guys so much for your comments and all the likes, its inspired me and is always welcome.

YXiWWAX.png

• Like 8
8 hours ago, GrungiestFlea said:

St. Roche Update 2

Hey guys, just me back with another update on my New Orleans/Saint Roche map. I've been working a lot on the map so I'm gonna bullet all the things that I've done below and like always any questions, comments or critiques you guys have are always welcome.

• Expanded the land area of eastern Saint Roche to better represent the coastal Louisiana areas, this is still a WIP and will most likely change between now and when I'm finally satisfied with the map.
  • Continued the roadwork on both Saint Roche and the countryside. I's still debating on what second major city to add to the map, most likely though it will be located in the southwestern area of the map.
  • Off map I've been locating logo's for sponsors and such to add to the map to add a bit of realism.

Anyway's, thank you guys so much for your comments and all the likes, its inspired me and is always welcome.

Amazing work bro! 

3 hours ago, SkyGTA_User said:

@GrungiestFlea Why the lil' islands?

Which islands if you don't mind my asking, remember that most of the area around New Orleans(Saint Roche) is swampland, lots of canals and bayous, islands and such that are surrounded by water, the islands on my map are representative of that. Also most of my worldbuilding is very abstract and generalized at least when it comes to landmasses(I get general shapes and then tweak things), I usually have a reference map or two that I work off of but alot of my mapping is just working with what I like and what looks good to me. The islands that are in the lakes to the north are just there for looks mostly, islands in lakes look good to me for some reason. Also most of the map besides the northwestern corner is still a big work in progress and will prolly be changed between now and when I'm finally satisfied with the map. Anyways thanks for the comment and feel free to ask any more questions if you have them and thanks to everybody for your support, lord knows making these maps is loads of time and effort but knowing people are enjoying them is a big boost to continue on mapping.

Edited by GrungiestFlea
  • Like 2

Now i'm trying to make a Smugglers Run-style map. I'm make a forest USA/Canada border map:

FVHKGR1.png

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 16

St. Roche Update 3

Hey, just me back with another quick update. I've been working on the coastlines some more to better match the Louisiana coast which has a crazy amount of inlets and barrier islands and such. Also went ahead and blocked out the areas for my info and sponsor logo's, that went relatively quick. Added a few roads but not much else so still lots to do, as always anything you guys have to say is always welcome.

N70grxs.png

Hello Everyone!!! I haven't posted in such a long time! Last time I worked on this map was July of last year.... Yikes! Anyways, here is a little life update, I started my 4th year in University! I changed my Major last semester to Software Engineering and added Graphic Design this semester. I loved Architecture, but it was too much mental strain. I am happier now than I was before!

San Andreas Map Update 15?(Idk lmao) 

I've added San Jose and Reno! The map is coming along great but has a long ways to go.

X1WppQM.jpg