• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

le shark

So I've made another San Andreas Era map, to those who said I should try out paint.net and GIMP, I got those tools quite easily but I don't have the hang of them just yet. :panic:

Again guys, this map is really bad when put against everyone else's creations but I just enjoy doing it.

-pic-

If you want to know the geographical info on this city, please notify me. And any comments on how to improve this map would be appreciated,

as I am still working on it and I plan to expand Ocean City into something much more.

It looks really nice! Although I would move the highway to the right border of the city and also maybe make the airport a bit smaller or remove it at all. Other than this, I really like it!

• Like 1
Ivankaracheev

So I've made another San Andreas Era map, to those who said I should try out paint.net and GIMP, I got those tools quite easily but I don't have the hang of them just yet. :panic:

Again guys, this map is really bad when put against everyone else's creations but I just enjoy doing it.

3PWcqKc.png

If you want to know the geographical info on this city, please notify me. And any comments on how to improve this map would be appreciated,

as I am still working on it and I plan to expand Ocean City into something much more.

Nice map. Can you expand the city on the east?

David_Loco

Hi!!

I'm making a map: Ghiab

It has a little of progress, could you give me ideas of what should i add to the airport?

If you have any ideas, tell me!

Edit 1:

-Changed the shape of the airport

-Changed Colors of the map

-Placed a layer of earth in the sea

Edit 2:

-Changed the shape of the airport and added buildings on it

After

HhhMUOe.png

Before

KTw8DTN.png

Edited by David_Loco
  • Like 12
CluckinGuy69

Not a GTA map, just remake of my favorite game map, Metro City, it's based on Final Fight on the arcade Beat'em Up and I just remake in GTA Styled (It's still WIP)

Edit 1: Added some roads to the Park, Slum and Industrial and Major highway road

After

KfjCqDF.png

Before

OqKdwB3.png

Based on the original below

finfight-2.png

(from VGMuesum and not mine)

This is my first created from scratched map expect the middle island which is taken from Manhattan, NYC but flipped, rotated and removed the upper tail of Manhattan

Edited by Ohhh123r
  • Like 11
killdrivetheftvehicle

@Zetkut What about Maracaibo and Cartagena? And The Amazon river and rain forest looks weird. But otherwise WOW! Your first map!

• Like 1

@Zetkut What about Maracaibo and Cartagena? And The Amazon river and rain forest looks weird. But otherwise WOW! Your first map!

Yes, I really need to improve on some things, but for now this is what I have as a mapmaker

David_Loco

Here my first map

GTA South America concept without roads

ReCZ2ap.png

I like it! good map! :lol::lol:

It seems that we are neighbors

Will you make the cities?

I mean roads, buildings, yk.

Edited by RedDagger
spoiler image

Here my first map

GTA South America concept without roads

-image-

I like it! good map! :lol::lol:

It seems that we are neighbors

Will you make the cities?

I mean roads, buildings, yk.

Haha yep

It will take me a long time and i don't know how to make roads

pd: No se porque hablamos en ingles si lo dos dos hablamos en español xD supongo que es para otras personas entiendan

pd2: Un saludo desde arg vecino jajaj :^:

Edited by RedDagger
David_Loco

Haha yep

It will take me a long time and i don't know how to make roads

pd: No se porque hablamos en ingles si lo dos dos hablamos en español xD supongo que es para otras personas entiendan

pd2: Un saludo desde arg vecino jajaj :^:

Salu2! ja, Buen mapa igual, aunque ya lo dije :lol: Edited by RedDagger
snip
  • Like 1

Salu2! ja, Buen mapa igual, aunque ya lo dije :lol:

I'm starting to make the roads, so soon I'll show a progress on the map

Estoy empezando a hacer las carreteras, así que pronto subire un avance en el mapa :)

Edited by RedDagger
snip
RedDagger

Don't wanna butt in, but remember we have the international section for non-English posts ;)

Thanks!

Don't wanna butt in, but remember we have the international section for non-English posts ;)

Thanks!

Where can I find that?

CluckinGuy69

Thanks!

Where can I find that?

You can find Non-English section on GTA International:

http://gtaforums.com/forum/381-gta-international/

(Sorry for the bump :miranda: )

But i know how to speak english, so i prefer this topic that has mapmaking :lol:

Yeah, next time if someone speaks Spanish, the write in English as 2rd Language below your language as you replied in Spanish language

Anyway.. a new update for Metro City Update 3 which Update 2 is on Update 1 replies and here's some change

KlnXFcF.png

Changes:

-Completed the Unnamed Middle Island or Metro City

-Start making roads for Unnamed East Island (Not East Island from State of Liberty/Alderney map)

-Added a tunnel connects the Unnamed South Island

-Added some detail to the bridges (2 completed while the other keeps for Update 4)

-Added a small island that Statue of Liberty appears

-Added some lakes to the Park

Edited by Ohhh123r
  • Like 12
Ivankaracheev

Nice draw. Middle island reminds me of GTA IV's Algonquin.

Edited by RedDagger
snippy snip
  • Like 4

That's cause it is. :):)

(Manhattan)

@Ohhh123r: Really nice map! Like the fact that your basing it from another game as well!

@Zetkut: That's your first map! Wow... Impressive!

Edited by Digweg
  • Like 2

That's cause it is. :):)

(Manhattan)

@Ohhh123r: Really nice map! Like the fact that your basing it from another game as well!

@Zetkut: That's your first map! Wow... Impressive!

Thanks, as i do not know how to do the cities and their roads well, i make them giants in concept, but now to that "map" i am adding roads .. but to North America ;)so i'm going to call the map "GTA America" this is going to take a lot of time hahaha

• Like 2
CluckinGuy69

Yeah. It's looks pretty similar to Algonquin from GTA IV and EFLC expect the Middle Island of Metro City is a flipped version of Manhattan and doesn't have north tail. Here comparison of Metro City and Algonquin from GTA IV and EFLC

YCqSTBj.png

and also, thanks for the feedback, :^:

• Like 3

Liberty/ Alderney State Update 4

Hola! I finally got back to my liberty city map, and for that I want to thank @Libertyking. Every time he posts a Liberty City map, I think 'wow, that's awesome, I should work on my map so maybe it can be half as good as his...'

So here it is:

psLWnln.png

The "major changes"

• I completely re did the color scheme of the land. The really light green DID NOT work with the white roads.
  • I re did the "cliffs" and many of the paths ways in parks, etc.
  • I re did East Hook, make it look better
  • I erased a lot of stuff which I'm in the middle of re making, so it looks better.
  • Added Castle Gardens City
  • Re did Suffolk Island (Long Island)
  • Added draft for the full map (Tri-state area, plus Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.)

Please enjoy and leave any comments, questions, complaints, etc!

• Like 19
LibertyKing

I may or may not be redoing my entire map twice as big just so I can add more detail. Whoops. Honestly, if my computer could handle it, I would make it even larger...

@Digweg: Stop being so hard on yourself. Stop saying your maps aren't half as good as mine, please. Your maps are great! And if my maps inspire you to do some yourself, that's enough to make me happy. I, myself, sometimes feel as if I'll never reach the level of "mapmaking talent" some people have on this topic. Look at Midnight Hitman The Deadite's Washington map. That map is way above my level. I'm not the best. And you're not the worst. I love your road layouts, the fact you aren't afraid of putting roads on an angle and the fact you decided to make a Liberty City map (There aren't many of those around, for some reason). Anyway, keep working hard, you will do great things someday!

Also, the brightness of the land and water on your map are a little too close together and it makes the shores hard to see. If I were you, I'd make the water darker.

@Queen Elizabeth II: Yes.

• Like 3

I may or may not be redoing my entire map twice as big just so I can add more detail. Whoops. Honestly, if my computer could handle it, I would make it even larger...

@Digweg: Stop being so hard on yourself. Stop saying your maps aren't half as good as mine, please. Your maps are great! And if my maps inspire you to do some yourself, that's enough to make me happy. I, myself, sometimes feel as if I'll never reach the level of "mapmaking talent" some people have on this topic. Look at Midnight Hitman The Deadite's Washington map. That map is way above my level. I'm not the best. And you're not the worst. I love your road layouts, the fact you aren't afraid of putting roads on an angle and the fact you decided to make a Liberty City map (There aren't many of those around, for some reason). Anyway, keep working hard, you will do great things someday!

Also, the brightness of the land and water on your map are a little too close together and it makes the shores hard to see. If I were you, I'd make the water darker.

@Queen Elizabeth II: Yes.

How many pixels x pixels does your computer handle? ( only if you know, of course ) I'm making a map with more than 4000 x 5000 pixels and my computer handles it xd

• Like 1
LibertyKing

@Zetkut: It doen't depend on the pixels, but how big is the file. For instance, my normal map is 3500x3500 pixels and it is 6.27 megabytes. It runs fine, but I only have 3 gigabytes of RAM on my computer and I like having the desktop version of Google Earth at the same time and sometimes it freezes. Right now, I have Firefox with a few pages open along with Paint.NET and I apparently use 93% of physical memory. I need a better computer.

• Like 2
killdrivetheftvehicle

@Zetkut: Your San Diego seems a bit too close to LS. I suggest you make California bigger in the south or leave San Diego from the map.

• Like 1

Here's an update on my B&B map of San Fierro + Las Venturas + surrounding areas.

RjQXRGM.png

I've learned since jumping into mapmaking blind over two years ago that doing so is kind of - I don't know - stupid. I've restructured my map quite a bit in the last little while, and the major changes are as follows:

- Finished adding structures to Las Venturas, including McCarthy Airport (McCarran IA).
- Added Lake Monticello (Lake Berryessa) east of LV.
- Began working on Birchwood (Oakland) across the bridge from SF. I had originally intended for it to be southeast of it, but that didn't pan out.
- Mapped out Lincoln Pull (Boulder City) in the southeast corner of the map. Added a mini Lake Mead called Rum Lake.
- Added mountain ranges surrounding the major cities.
- Sprinkled a few motels across the desert highway.

As usual, any suggestions are welcome. :)

Edited by Cebra
  • Like 19