• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Digweg

State of Liberty and Alderney - Update 7

tyQHLwB.png

M4fBj6g.png

Whoops, I left the red border on. Oh well.

So I've been putting way too much time on this lately but I don't care, I'm on holiday until the end of August. As I previously announced, I changed the color scheme to make the little details slightly more visible. I really like this color scheme and I'm happy that you guys like it as well. I've done a lot on this map, but there's still a lot to do. Expect the Liberty City Metropolitan Area to be about as big as the images above until the red line.

Most of the work was on Alderney. I've added many new neighborhoods. Snake Hill is based on Secaucus, West City and Congress Park are based on Greenville. Shoreside Bluffs is based of of nothing. It's a fictional area that covers the west side of Jersey City along with Jersey Heights. The name is based on Jersey Heights. I plan to name the river west of it (the Hackensack) Shoreside River, because it makes no sense. Alderney Meadows it just the little bit of industry next to the Liberty State Park. I've planned out Exodus (Ellis) Happiness and Presidents (Governors) Island.I have also planned out the Newark area, named Liberton, where I've labeled both Pike Creek and Downtown Lberton. The airport will be about as big as the Dukes Bay Airport on my map. The area north of Downtown Liberton will be Acter.

And, for the first time ever, I've started work on Staunton (Staten) Island. And don't be mistaken, despite its name and some neighborhoods I borrowed from GTA III, this area is solely based on Staten Island. I might borrow some more from GTA III, but that's it. Redstains Park will be based on the Freshkills Park. Seemed fitting.

Outside of Alderney and Staunton Island, I have also started to detail Algonquin some more because it looked too plain to me. I've mostly worked around the docks in Lower Algonquin, along with Castle Gardens and its city. I have also redone the eastern shore of Midtown make it less straight and add the mayor's house, the Gracie Mansion, right north of what will be a hospital.

Other than that, I've added many train tracks, some tunnels, and I've worked a bit on Broker, mostly on East Hook. Absolutely nothing changed in Bohan.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This has been forgotten for a little while, but after Digweg liked an old post of mine from 2 years ago, I remembered that I have another map to show. So here it is:

United States and Canada Map 2015-2017 - Update 2-ish

H522HMz.png

Click here for the version without labels.

So this is a two-year-old map of the United States and Canada I started in 2015, wanted to update last October but apparently didn't and worked some more on last January. I remember two people mentioning they wanted me to do a map of New Brunswick, Canada, for some reason and it's still not there I don't really remember what I added, but most of it was detail on the West Coast, some new cities and small town, along with the beginning of Elizabeth (Texas). There are also some added details here and there. I don't really plan on working more on this soon, I just wanted to update it because it has been too long.

Anyway, that's it for me today. hope you like the map(s)! Thanks for reading!

This Is amazing @LibertyKing. I am at a loss for words.

I love this so much. Incredible detail, great texturing, very intricate.

Really great job!

Edited by Digweg
  • Like 3
Chaserrrrs

HELLO!

I hope everyone is doing good! I have a huge update!! So for the past two weeks I have been on a road trip! I got home Saturday and really enjoyed it! I saw San Francisco, Las Vegas and a bunch of other places! 15 States and 7000 miles!

Any here's the update! For you I have my map of San Andreas! As of right now, I have six cities, Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro, San Diego, Which is named San Domingo, Salt Lake City, which is called Sulfur Lake City and Oakland, I don't have names for Oakland yet, so any suggestions will gladly be taken! I have a few County names, but will put them in another update. I am returning to work tomorrow so updates will be sporadic.

Cheers! QHGAi1P.png

• Like 13

GTA Cascadia Update 3

Hey everyone! Finally back with my San Andreas/ now Cascadia map. I have been working on it a TON, but you will see that in the map below. I changed the name since I added Vice City, and wanted to make it a little different, so here it is!

I have finished Las Venturas AND Los Santos, started work on Vice City, and SOOOOOO much more (not really). Naming Log is below if you want to see why I named stuff. PLEASE ENJOY!!

Name (Real Name):Reason

Pico Rivera (Long Beach): Both are named after California Ford Motor Factories

The Locks/Lock West (The Keys/Key West): This one is pretty obvious.

San Andreas River (Colorado River): SA is a state in GTA universe, Colorado is a real state.

Coolidge Dam (Hoover Dam): Both are early 20th century presidents.

Bulwinkle INTL (McCarran Airport): Both are senators who died in office.

http://i.imgur.com/iOCTw4y.png

http://i.imgur.com/cKoA8xQ.png

(embeds changed to links due to large image sizes)

Please, leave any comments, questions and/or suggestions you may have. I will be finishing this anywhere from a few weeks to end of summer, mid fall?? I am doing this map at the same time as Liberty City, so I will me dividing my cartography time!

Thanks!

Edited by RedDagger
  • Like 14
killdrivetheftvehicle

@Digweg: Vice city next to Los Santos and San Jose? No way!

• Like 1
DimitriFaustin

@Digweg: Lookin' really nice. :colgate:I might suggest maybe throwing in some islands west of San Damien or adding more roads between Los Santos and Randolph Castle.

Up to you though, of course. ;)

Edited by DimitriFaustin
  • Like 1

@killdrivetheftvehicle, yup its pretty crowded in the southern section! I was not expecting how close everything would be. (Escpecially San Jose and Los Santos!)

@DimitriFaustin, I totally agree. I am going to add a bunch of islands in that area, around Los Santos and San Damien, since there are a ton of islands in that area. And yes, I do need to work on that area, but in the end there will be many more roads connecting that area with highways and Los Santos!

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1
LibertyKing

State of Liberty and Alderney - Update 9

vZ4XhGq.png

c31oIJC.png

Hi everybody! New update today with lots of stuff added, mostly around Broker. So I've done all the roads in Broker, along with some details around East Hook, Hepburn Heights and Outlook Park, the latter of which I really like. I've added much more detail on the eastern coast of Broker (Along the unnamed Jamaica Bay area) and I redid the islands in Dukes/East Island (Long Island), part of which is out of the frame because I reused the dimensions of the previous update. Speaking of last update, it was supposed to be update 8 not 7. My mistake, this one is update 9. Outside of Broker, I have added some roads up in Bohan along with a single length of road in Alderney (Between Middle Park West and Purgatory.).

I also almost lost most of the progress since last update when the power went out while I was saving. Luckily, the file didn't get corrupted and I only lost about 5 minutes of progress instead.

I am also in need of some names right now. The area I've labeled as "Cemetery" is based on Glendale, Queens, but mostly on it's cemeteries. I thought about car names (Glendale is a car in the GTA Universe) but I dunno. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I also need a name for Co-Op City, Bronx.

Anyway, hope you like the progress and thanks for reading!

• Like 21

@ LibertyKing: This is awesome! I love the detail but on Jamaica Bay side of Broker. This is amazing. A Few name suggestions

Co-Op city in the Bronx is a large grouping of Project Housing, so I suggest Rockwell Gardens, since that is a notorious Project Housing in Chicago. You could also go with GTA 4's name of Northern Gardens.

The cemetery is right on the Jackie Robinson Parkway, so I suggest another famous African-American Baseball player, Willie Mayes. I would say Mayes Park??

Jamaica Bay could be another Caribbean country? Hati Bay? Cuba Bay?

Anyway, use these if you want... Love the map!

• Like 2
LibertyKing

Thank you for the suggestions and compliments, Digweg! Northern Gardens is already on my map. Come to think of it, I might just put Northern Gardens there (In Co-Op City) and put another neighborhood there. Technically, I have two Co-Op Cities now. I like Mayes Park, There's a Parkside in that area too, so that would be fitting. For Jamaica Bay, I thought of simply naming it Caribbean Bay.

Also, I like how you come up with names. Usually, when I'm looking for a name, I take the structure of a word, for instance Freshkills Park and I cut it apart like this: Fresh---kills---Park. So, I try to make it Something---something---Park, preferably two one-syllable words, usually related in some way to the original. Also, adjective---noun. Fresh Kills sounds like a murder, so something violent. So I decide to call it Red Stains, in reference to blood. I also try to avoid references to real people for some reason. I don't know why.

II hope that wasn't too complicated.

• Like 3

LibertyKing, your map literally got me jaw dropped! The way you combine both III's and IV's Liberty City (and Alderney) into a single map with that amazing style makes me want that thing to be a real GTA map. Words can't sincerely describe how great your work is. :)

• Like 5

Thank you for the suggestions and compliments, Digweg! Northern Gardens is already on my map. Come to think of it, I might just put Northern Gardens there (In Co-Op City) and put another neighborhood there. Technically, I have two Co-Op Cities now. I like Mayes Park, There's a Parkside in that area too, so that would be fitting. For Jamaica Bay, I thought of simply naming it Caribbean Bay.

Also, I like how you come up with names. Usually, when I'm looking for a name, I take the structure of a word, for instance Freshkills Park and I cut it apart like this: Fresh---kills---Park. So, I try to make it Something---something---Park, preferably two one-syllable words, usually related in some way to the original. Also, adjective---noun. Fresh Kills sounds like a murder, so something violent. So I decide to call it Red Stains, in reference to blood. I also try to avoid references to real people for some reason. I don't know why.

II hope that wasn't too complicated.

No! Not confusing at all! I am just happy to help! I also like your style of finding names very much.

One again, amazing map, its cool to see my favorite American city as a real map (GTA 4 doesnt give a good NYC, just the tourist stuff, ya know).

Great work

• Like 2

I was bored so I made this map, hope y'all like it.

Name suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Its supposed to be a Caribbean/Latin American dictatorship on the verge of revolution.

bE4fBTZ.png

*My apologies for posting so much*

Also! Finally made a semi-decent signature, (using this map...). Hope ya like it!

Edited by Digweg
  • Like 12
LibertyKing

@The Deadite: OK, now I'm starting to think you are actually making an official GTA map. How did you manage to make the best map ever made even better? I can't see a single flaw on this map. This is perfect!

@Digweg: I really like your road layout. For some reason, I really struggle when it comes to making natural looking roads. And no you're not posting too much. If you look at the stats of the Mapmaking topic (By clicking on the word "Replies" next to the topic's title in GTA Series), you'll see that I have posted 183 times on this topic, that I'm the second with the most replies, and that I'm well on my way to becoming first. You're in 46th place with 19 posts (Yes, I have wasted my time counting that).

• Like 3
[...]

Luther County, Capital - Update #26

HQbjFm0.png
Click on the image above to see a full-scale version.

I think I finished Shattuck. I don't know where should I add some roads on.

• Like 15
DimitriFaustin
Anywhere City HD Concept - JOB COMPLETE!

Soul making, sound shaking, earth quaking ... change. Well, after all these years of playing GTA 2 (and some years spent making maps), it sure feels like it's all paid off.

The Anywhere City HD Concept is officially complete (hooray!) and here I bring to the table the final version Anywhere City Map, as well as maps of the state Anywhere City's located in

(other cities, counties, and climate). For the final draft, I've changed the colour scheme to the original GTA V based scheme that I originally intended to use, and made a nice little

compass and logo. About the climate map, since Anywhere City is pretty much "destined" to be in some kind of an indeterminate location (like Springfield on the Simpsons), I

figured, why not make it more interesting by throwing in some geographical anachronisms as well.

The state can be best described as New England on the east coast, mostly Midwest/Mideast in the central part of the state (and some Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama in

Jasper and Glennon County) and Southern California on the west coast with semi-arid desert in Oppenheimer Coast County. The islands southeast of Polk County are essentially bigger

versions of the Florida Keys, with Rockies-inspired mountainous highlands in Essex County (Mt. Essex, the county's namesake, is based on Mt. Elbert in Colorado) and farmland valleys

in adjacent Rhodes River County.

The only important place in the state outside Anywhere City, Lawrence, Mercer and Randolph Counties is pretty much Oppenheimer Coast City. All the other towns shown on the map

have a population size from 750 at the least to 10,000 at the most.

Here's the final draft map (with a link to the full-scale size):

REUPLOAD LINK (warning: large image 7770 x 6500)

mQELHtgh.png

Here's the state map with locations (with a link to the full-scale size):

aisYcMCl.png

Here's the state counties map (with a link to the full-scale size):

7S0MmPol.png

And here's the state climate map (with a link to the full-scale size):

f6GRc5ul.png

A huge THANK YOU to everyone here on the forums for their support!! This GTA 2 tribute may have never happened without the great community here! Seeing all these awesome maps on

the thread before and since I joined the forums really inspired me to develop this project. I currently don't know what I'll do next for my next map, maybe it'll have something to do

with my GTA 64 concept. However, even though I made a major emphasis on Anywhere City being a "mega-city," I won't be making such a crazy amount of roads in the future.

Once again, THANK YOU! I really hope you've all enjoyed this project as much as I've enjoyed sharing this kind of stuff on here!

And a little friendly reminder: respect is everything, especially in a place like Anywhere City!

Edited by RedDagger
added reupload
  • Like 15
CheesepuffScott

USA UPDATE 5

• Made start on Seattle, after a few attempts at the outline of the city, I'm finally happy with the one I have.

Xztpwr5.png

• Like 12

GTA Liberty/Alderney State Update 3!

Hello everyone! Back again, this time with Liberty City.

I finished the basic layout of the map, added a little to Broker. Added a lot to Bohan, Alderney.

Name Log:

Name (Real Name): Reason

Trent (Newark: Newark on Trent is a town in the UK, also I really like how it sounds.
Armstrong (Harlem): Louis Armstrong lived in Harlem, and I feel this has a much better ring to it than "Holland".
The Stakewalls (The Palisades): Both are a type of medieval barrier.
Trent-York INTL (Newark Liberty INTL): Okay, since the official name is Newark-Liberty, and Liberty City is NYC, I changed Liberty to York. Like it?
Chiefton (Constable Hook): A constable is a law enforcement official, so is a police chief. Chiefton.
Gateway Island (Ellis Island): Ellis Island was the gateway into America, so I named it Gateway Island.
President's Island (Governor's Island): This one is pretty obvious.
Energy Park (Battery Park): Once again, obvious, Energy is in a battery.
Suffolk Island City (Long Island City): Suffolk County is a major county on Long Island.
Bronck (Mott Haven): Jonas Bronck was the namesake for The Bronx
Northerner's Stadium (Yankee Stadium): In the US, some people in the south call people in the north Yankees or Northerners.
The Faraways (The Rockaways): The Rockaways are very far from actual NYC, and I like how they sound so very similar.
Oslo Ridge (Bay Ridge): A TON of Norwegian Immigrants live in Bay Ridge, so I named it after Norway's Capital.
Barfel-Schwartz (Bensonhurst): Inside joke that only I will get, but the naming kind of fits.
Evening Park (Sunset Park): OBVIOUS (hopefully)
Causey Hill (Cobble Hill): A Causey is another name for a cobble stone.
Canarsee Canal (Gowanus Canal): Named after the chief of the tribe of Indians that lived in the Gowanus area.
Burgundy (North Manhattan Area): Just sounded fit...
Flare (Beacon): A Flare is a Beacon
Vassar (Poughkeepsie): A man named Matthew Vassar owned a lot of land in that area.
LC Zoo (NYC Zoo): Just switched out NYC with LC.

Phew, that was a lot...

RNqOqUt.png

Hope you like it!!

@DimitriFaustin: Your map looks amazing. I love all the different maps of the state, SO COOL. Also the whole Mega City concept is awesome. You started with very little to work on (GTA II does not give you a lot if you want to make a map) and made it into what it is. Great work!

@LibertyKing: Thanks! I don't do anything special with the roads, but thanks!

• Like 11
Robabank

Check out my GTA 6 San Andreas Satelite map work still in progress but this is what i have so far

syBUubH.jpg

Edited by Robabank
  • Like 10
Chaserrrrs

Hello Everyone! Back again with a San Andreas update!

A LOT has changed! I also just realized the roads look better in black. I wish i would've taken the advice and changed them earlier, but oh well, they look good nonetheless. Jo81tpB.png

• Like 15
Fishers Fritz

San Fierro

This is my second GTA map:

SanFierro.png

What do you think? :)

Edited by Fishers Fritz
  • Like 11
Chaserrrrs

Hello all!!!! Here's Los Santos! There's a few finishing touches i need to make by the end of the map, but Los Santos is pretty much done! I'm moving to Las Venturas next! :)

Ul05Hbd.png

• Like 24
Karls

One off thing.

aP9kC9N.png

Eastdale, a small town in the pacific northwest.

No real inspiration, just made this for fun, and I might try and make it in cities skylines, who knows.

• Like 14
Chaserrrrs

One off thing.

aP9kC9N.png

Eastdale, a small town in the pacific northwest.

No real inspiration, just made this for fun, and I might try and make it in cities skylines, who knows.

Wow! Nice map! I was excited to see I-49 because that runs right through my area :)