• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

I need some help, I don't know how to make a map, I'm looking for someone expert of mapmaking.

It's not hard, all you have to do is drawing the landmass and colouring it then drawing cities and roads on it.

But always gets wrong when I do it

DOUGL4S1

I need some help, I don't know how to make a map, I'm looking for someone expert of mapmaking.

It's not hard, all you have to do is drawing the landmass and colouring it then drawing cities and roads on it.

But always gets wrong when I do it

Try making a plan and taking inspiration from real-life locations to make your map realistic. Look at mine on the previous page for example, you can clearly see my plan (gray and green with red outline, and pink for roads), and i'm basing it on New York, Boston and Detroit, adapting everything in between, so if you compare the cities with mine, they're simmilar.

I had some templates and I made a preview of how is gonna be my "Prestige City Map"

Prestige City is the conurbation of Winthrop (Boston), Tottenham (Brookline), Oxford (Cambridge) and Dover (Somerville):

e96l8m.jpg

• Like 9
DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City HD Concept Part IX

Well, I've been able to make more progress on the Residential District, and in this update, I've finished the streets and roads inside the part of the district that's west of the Quagmire River. Route 87

is also finished inside the Anywhere City Limits, and there will probably be one more update that's all roads and highways before the Residential District is complete, and from there I'll move on to the

long over-due mass transit systems.

I appreciate all comments and criticism.

http://i.imgur.com/LOlqPu4.png

• Like 7

@, so Prestige City = Suffolk County? I always though it was supposed to be Boston itself.

Only Boston was gonna be little boring, I decided to add another towns around Boston and joining it as a conurbation.

• Like 2
sneakyboi23334

That feeling when your mouse click gets broken and when you buy a new mouse but it doesn't work at all and you RMA it, but now it has another problem with the mouse wheel, and when you try to fix it yourself you accidentally tear one of its cables that connects it to the battery holder.

Edited by The Lone Spirit

UPDATE: four new parts of Prestige City: Gettysburg (Everett), Alexandria (Chelsea), Pawtucket (Revere) and Fulham (Winthrop).

33tqlid.jpg

• Like 7
The Dedito Gae

My unfinished Harbor City map:

YqOsByy.png

West portion of the map it's almost finished, haven't worked on it at all in a long time though...

• Like 19
_0YELK0_

My unfinished Harbor City map:

-map

West portion of the map it's almost finished, haven't worked on it at all in a long time though...

Harbour City as in Sydney? Or your own fictional city?

Edited by _0YELK0_
DimitriFaustin
Anywhere City HD Concept Part X

At last, I have managed to finish up the Residential District and all neighbourhoods are planned out now. I've added some lakes in the Plantagenet neighbourhood

as it's one of the few areas in Anywhere City where the rich and affluent live. All the roads and highways within the city limits have been finished up and while I work on

filling up the remaining empty space in the map, I will begin drawing up the subway lines, railroads, el-train, etc.

Here's the neighbourhoods of the Residential District:

And a full map of Anywhere City within the city limits:

And a full map of Anywhere City's districts and neighbourhoods:

I welcome with open arms all thoughts and suggestions. Also, I'd greatly appreciate advice on how the subways, railroads and el-trains should be laid out.

• Like 10
[...]

Luther County, Capital (formerly: Rainier 2.0) - Update #19

UUYOzf2.png
Click on the image above to see a full-scale version.

My spoof of Mercer Island finally got its in-GTA name. The name is Blanche Island (reference to the steamboat with the same name which was a rebuilt C.C. Calkins).

• Like 14
[...]
Luther County, Capital (formerly: Rainier 2.0) - Update #20

yyRSKep.png

Click on the image above to see a full-scale version.

Expanding the map.

• Like 7
Joshua_Murphy

Hi, Im New Here! and I was just wondering did anyone ever create a map that has been set in A European Country I saw The Scandinavia map which was great but did anyone ever create a map Of Ireland/Britain/Spain/France/Germany etc. I know Call of Duty is mainly set in Germany and Assassins creed is the only other I can think of but no other game has been created that I know of in another European City. It would be great to see a map of Dublin City or a hd version of London.

If anyone has any maps of Dublin please let me know. Also i will be uploading a Map of Dublin soon it is nearly finished!

Thanks,

:colgate:

• Like 1
Natasha

View n:o 5: (Click it to see full scale)

This is the whole map: GTA World (click it to see full scale)

@RedDagger: this is finished now, so if you would be so kind and add it to the first post, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks!

I honestly thought you just drew on some lines, when I clicked full size I couldn't beleive the time that's gone into this clearly!
  • Like 1
_0YELK0_

GTA Australia Take 2...

What I've got so far of Perth with my own colour palette.

What do ya think?

sIDHvJv.png

Overall Progress

kmiB6pf.png

• Like 8
DOUGL4S1

Progress is very slow, didn't have too much time to work on the map, I'm either too tired, bored or looking for a (new) job. Anyways, enough of me ranting:

lpiyNhQ.pngBohan earned a new neighbourhood and a stadium, and some minor progress near the Trumpastic Golf Course.

Does anyone have, or knows how to find a satelite picture of LC, or at least a map that shows buildings? If not, I'll go ingame later and take some prints with a heli.

Edit: I found one with some buildings, but not enough. I might be overdetailing this judging by East Clover...

Edit2: Nevermind, LibertyKing's map is perfect.

Edited by DOUGL4S1
  • Like 14
_0YELK0_

i'm back..like it or not, i don't care.It's my first map and for me it looks good.http://imgur.com/a/GHTYW

My feedback is that I'd suggest the image to be a bit bigger so the pixels isn't so easily visible. Also, if the program you use has the tool, use straight lines for roads. Other than that, good colours and and I like that you've added little blips to the map. I hope you continue this map!

• Like 1
LibertyKing

State of Liberty and Alderney - Update 5

0WQE48m.png

w6Vhq2m.png

The "Finally, Imgur lets me upload images on my page again" update!

Update 5 of my now 5 3.5 months old State of Liberty and Alderney map. It's been a while since I've updated. Last update was last year. I was wishing everybody a merry Christmas. Lemme catch up for a minute: Happy New Year, happy Chinese New Year, happy birthday to me, happy Valentine's day, happy Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day, and happy Daylight Saving Day (for some)! At least I haven't missed St. Patrick's day yet...

Anyway, I haven't done THAT much, but I've added a few things: I started work on Bohan, Carcer Island, West Liberty (In Alderney), added some streets in Shoreside added Downtown Broker and Rotterdam Hill, detailed Steinway and started adding some buildings there too, added a bridge between Carcer Island and Steinway, started the outline shape of the first airport (for which I don't have a name yet). I have also added some labels for areas I haven't worked on yet but plan to.

All those things were added here and there in the last 2,5 months whenever I felt like it. My creativity works in short lasting bursts. Most of the time, I just open the map in Paint.NET, stare at it for a few seconds and then I'm like "Meh, too much work." and I just close it.

Anyway, that's it. A bit underwhelming I think, but I will post another update this week, I pwomess! Thanks for reading!

Edited by LibertyKing
  • Like 16
DaniLekBom

ALL THE AWESOME STUFF

Most of the time, I just open the map in Paint.NET, stare at it for a few seconds and then I'm like "Meh, too much work." and I just close it.

Lol this happens with me too. ;-;

• Like 7
DOUGL4S1

ALL THE AWESOME STUFF

Most of the time, I just open the map in Paint.NET, stare at it for a few seconds and then I'm like "Meh, too much work." and I just close it.

Lol this happens with me too. ;-;

Relatable (kinda (damn default Windows paint cause I'm too lazy to get .NET))

• Like 1
lolznc

What Happens When......Fallout 4 meets GTA?

tumblr_omrxmwS1Wk1u2e481o1_1280.png

Introducing the start of Massachusetts c.2044. It's FO4's map in GTA V's colour scheme, with a few alterations here and there to make the map make more sense / make the skyways actually freaking useful. Those elevated highways look cool, but they would be a pain to navigate as seen in 4. Especially if one was driving on the top deck.

Oh, and don't try to fit this into Fallout or GTA canon. It's a blend of both - 50's styled retro-future with sleeker, more advanced versions of Pre-War tech and nuclear, electric, and fossil fuel cars co-existing. iFruit Pip-Boy, anyone?

Edited by lolznc
  • Like 11
The Journey

hey guys! some of you might remember me from the "Allied States of America" map i made a year ago.... I'm sorta starting to plan something new and completely different, I might start a map of my country, Canada, let me know if you guys would like to see this...

This is what I got right now. There won't be many updates anytime soon as it is going to take a long time.

XmRpZt2.jpg

• Like 18
DaniLekBom

This is what I got right now. There won't be many updates anytime soon as it is going to take a long time.

STUFF

That is NOICE :sigh:

• Like 2
imdonenow

XmRpZt2.jpg

NOICE! :D

• Like 2