• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

user posted image

There we go, crude as you like.

Damn, it's not as bad as you think. You just need to fix up the shores, since they're sloppy. Then use the line tool to add streets, the curve to add highways, and you're good.

user posted image

There we go, crude as you like.

Damn, it's not as bad as you think. You just need to fix up the shores, since they're sloppy. Then use the line tool to add streets, the curve to add highways, and you're good.

lol kwandilibro is doing my job!

on a serious note, he is right, your good to go if you sort out the streets and shores

EDIT: i know america works on a block system, and britain works on a roundabout system, but what does australia work on? i'm curious as I might make a map based on down under

DrScot

EDIT: i know america works on a block system, and britain works on a roundabout system, but what does australia work on? i'm curious as I might make a map based on down under

DrScot

No idea, i'm British myself.

See Brownbear, believe it or not, nobody's perfect. You have to practice. I didn't start off making huge detailed megamaps, and I'm sure Dr.Scot didn't either.

This was one of my first renditions of Vice City.

user posted image

This was my more recent rendition of Vice City. And even that's not perfect.

user posted image

And I refuse to post my Southland map, unless you want experience ridiculous lag.

You'll get the hang of it man. It just takes a little practice.

ok thanks colgate.gif

ok, i have another deal going down.

here it is: what i am doing is a concept, it is massive and all i am prepared to tell you outside of PM's is that is covering the entire U.S. i am doing maps of every major city and as you probably know there is loads of them! so can you help me design them in San Andreas Style?

if you can't I don't mind you doing them in IV style

thanks SGT_Tricore

DrScot

I can make the roads, and the shape of where the city lays. you would have to colour the countryside/outside of city, becasue i never done that. take a look at my los santos map, if you click my signature image, its somewhere on that post. so i can try to make them san andreas style or IV style but i never done it so idk what it will belike. you can color it then. also, if you want to ask Lasventuras08 if u wanna use his IV era Vice City, but personally i like making my own maps, i was gonna do Vice City myself

I've been following this thread for a while, and i know that your now going on to an even larger endeaver, in mapping all major cities, but i was wondering, DR SCOTT, did you ever finish that America Map that began like 16 pages back? becuase im not sure, but i don't recall seeing it in its completed form. i gotta say though, you got mad skills.

It doesnt help that i'm on a lap top so the touch pad is a little unstable.

yeah! for all of mine i am on a laptop touchpad so i know what you mean

this is my first map blush.gif

this one is based on the entire west coast, and it isn't complete, and I have no intention of completing it. tbh i don't remember what cities are featured, but i can remember the mountains are the rockies, and the red represents the cities, similar to AIC_YUKON'S map

user posted image

It doesnt help that i'm on a lap top so the touch pad is a little unstable.

yeah! for all of mine i am on a laptop touchpad so i know what you mean

this is my first map blush.gif

this one is based on the entire west coast, and it isn't complete, and I have no intention of completing it. tbh i don't remember what cities are featured, but i can remember the mountains are the rockies, and the red represents the cities, similar to AIC_YUKON'S map

user posted image

How the hell do you guys make maps on a laptop touchpad?

I've been following this thread for a while, and i know that your now going on to an even larger endeaver, in mapping all major cities, but i was wondering, DR SCOTT, did you ever finish that America Map that began like 16 pages back? becuase im not sure, but i don't recall seeing it in its completed form. i gotta say though, you got mad skills.

no I haven't. you could have a go, but i never completed it. thanks! i wouldn't call myself good at mapmaking, its just i have been doing it forever. that other one i did when i was 5 lol

SGT TRICORE: Yess!!! plz post them, i wanna see

Kwandilibro - Quite easily! any luck on IT?

Thanks Guys

DrScot

colgate.gif

its a little red x at the moment, try using a different image hosting site

oh well. for me it shows it. just right click the image, "copy image location", open a new tab in your browser, and then paste the location into the URL. then press enter. and wait for it to load

awsomest map ever!!! looks like a proper OD map

edit: your grammar isn't perfect, it should be, "here is a map that I made"

but your map is the best ever!!!

edit 2: where is tallinn?

edit 3: ohh estonia. novel!

edit 4: methinks you didn't make it!! i think you drew the rivers and the shoreline from a google maps print and possibly went over them!!!! you even kept the exact borders of the green areas! look at the similarities:

user posted image

your shape is still ok though

Edited by drscot
ahhh! ok working now! good I like. but where do those 2 roads go to [the ones leading off to the top right]

they are roads leading to [possibly] las venturas, and san fierro. right now they are just leading to endless countryside and desert. like in gta3, the tunnels went forever until the map ended.

tricore: ok, kl

Brownbear: love the shape, but the shoreline is a tincy bit scrappy and you need roads. where is it based off?

OFF TOPIC: I was thinking about my 2 GTA: NeXt concepts and how they went down, and I was just signing an imagianary decleration of GTindependance, when i realised thatwas what we are doing! lol

SORTA ON-OF TOPICY THINGYMAJIG: SPOILER ALERT!!!!! [for my, kwandilibro and seth's new concept]

Born in Redmond County - the second most crime-ridden county in Redwood State (based on Oregon), Izzy

McKeagan is the son of James 'Duff' McKeagan, a scottish Soldier, court

martialled and thrown out of the Scots Guards for Attacking and killing another soldier.

27 years later, James is dead, izzy has lost everything, his car, his job, his family and now he has to fight

across the entire US to get it back, and kick some ass in the prosess

Brownbear: love the shape, but the shoreline is a tincy bit scrappy and you need roads. where is it based off?

OFF TOPIC: I was thinking about my 2 GTA: NeXt concepts and how they went down, and I was just signing an imagianary decleration of GTindependance, when i realised thatwas what we are doing! lol

SORTA ON-OF TOPICY THINGYMAJIG: SPOILER ALERT!!!!! [for my, kwandilibro and seth's new concept]

Born in Redmond County - the second most crime-ridden county in Redwood State (based on Oregon), Izzy

martialled and thrown out of the Scots Guards for Attacking and killing another soldier.

27 years later, James is dead, izzy has lost everything, his car, his job, his family and now he has to fight

Australia, its a redo of my original map.

Australia, its a redo of my original map.

Needs roads. Other than that, it's pretty good so far.

@ Dr.Scot, I'm working on it.

do u think theres anything i should improve on the map?

Maybe you should add some more detail that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

maybe you could add some small towns, or even expand it north to san fierro, west to las venturas or south to san diego

EDIT: I have tried to upload a video on youtube and tinypic to explain mapmaking to put on the first page, but the uploads failed

Edited by drscot
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys! its been a while

i've got some news! im engaged! and were moving to another island of the south coast of England, called the isle of wight. soon i will post a map but as you can probably tell this is a busy time in my life, until then my faithful mapmakers

Dr.Scot

colgate.gif