• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

So...anything I could do to help you guys with stories and ideas and whatnot?

This thread is coming along great.

the story is coming on well, did you read the post where i asked you or seth to work on a los santos storyline?

Goose: can you draw artwork? if not i will ask narcis. alternativley you could design some new gameplay features if you feel like it?

thanks guys

scott

EDIT: completing the san andreas storyline now.

Edited by drscot
vice-city-mobster

Great idea mate. I'm making a thread at the moment about my own GTA, called GTA: Criminal Convictions.

I was just wondering if you were interested in helping me develop the map for my game? Credit would be given to you 100% of course. I’m just sh*t and I’m more of a writer so I like to stick at that end of the development process.

Great idea mate. I'm making a thread at the moment about my own GTA, called GTA: Criminal Convictions.

I was just wondering if you were interested in helping me develop the map for my game? Credit would be given to you 100% of course. I’m just sh*t and I’m more of a writer so I like to stick at that end of the development process.

yeah! of course, but as you are probably aware i am a little tied up at the moment, but i will get onto it. if you want to PM me about the details you want please feel free to colgate.gif

I can draw artwork, but I'm inexperienced with drawing certain things (e.g guns, cars) and for some weird reason, I find it hard to draw women.

I find it hard to draw women.

So I'm not just a weird person?

lol

on topic: are you going to have a go at finishing the san diablo storyline? i just need to know how it ends then i can work on san bernado.

cheers,

drscot

I find it hard to draw women.

So I'm not just a weird person?

lol

on topic: are you going to have a go at finishing the san diablo storyline? i just need to know how it ends then i can work on san bernado.

cheers,

drscot

Well, it would help to know how it started......

Here's my latest one based on San Andreas and Vice City together just for the fun of it. happy.gif

It's not very good quality because it was done on paint, I don't know what else to use, what did you use drscot?

user posted image

OMFG That sh*t is awesome! blush.gif

OMFG

what?

EDIT: CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! we should make canada and alaska. yukon, i need ur knowledge of canada. colgate.gif

Edited by drscot
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres a early (hidden) pre pre beta version of my Liberty City: 2023 map. its definitly not finished, and i only added a bit to algonquin, and a new (small) island on the northwest side of the map. right next to alderny

EDIT: here is a working image

user posted image

Edited by Sgt_Tricore

i like it! once i am finished with this massive concept [i.e. never lol] i will have a go at getting liberty cities IV era map and adding the caraways

i like it! once i am finished with this massive concept [i.e. never lol] i will have a go at getting liberty cities IV era map and adding the caraways

Thats what i was planning to do! i hate you now! devil.gif

nah, jk. i think that would be a good idea i wanted to do that earlier but never got around to looking up the real place and pulling up an image of it. i could help you with that btw. oh and some tips:

find a real map on whatever the carraways are based off of, and base them off of that, just much smaller.

remember to use the grid system well smile.gif

add alley ways in all the city blocks, so it looks like the gta4 map, because if u dont, it looks incomplete.

ok thanks colgate.gif

ok, i have another deal going down.

here it is: what i am doing is a concept, it is massive and all i am prepared to tell you outside of PM's is that is covering the entire U.S. i am doing maps of every major city and as you probably know there is loads of them! so can you help me design them in San Andreas Style?

if you can't I don't mind you doing them in IV style

thanks SGT_Tricore

DrScot

• Like 1
The idea of this forum came to me when i was making a map of the San Fransisco Bay area for my next GTA V idea. in this forum i will give a demo on how to create your own decent map. feel free to post your own ideas and methods, as i intend this to become like the Artwork Forum, only for maps. Before I continue i want to lay down a few ground rules:

1. Obey all of the main forum rules

2. No copying ideas! make your own!

3. No disrespect to other mapmakers

4. positive comments or constructive critisism only

5. NO EXCUSES! i made it with a laptop isn't acceptable - I make all mine with a laptop touchpad

Now that is over with, lets get on with the demo.

Note: for this map i used a laptop mouse, which isn't recommended for new mapmakers

Now if you dont have any official mapmaking software, i recommend the windows 7 version of Paint. This is what i used to make the demo.

Now the first thing to make a map, once you have decided on the terrain and location, is a basic shape. use squares and circles to create this.

user posted image

Once you have this basic sape you need an advanced shape. although not clear on this picture i have created this with the pencil tool, at the first thickness level.

user posted image

After this you need to use the rubber tool to get rid of the basic shape. this may take a while but, trust me, works well.

user posted image

now you need to add more details such as bridges and rivers. don't design the cities and put in colour yet.

user posted image

Now, here's the fun part. time to design the cities and add the colour. When mapmaking, i usually copy the san andreas colours of the internet. you can now also start to add parody names. the main cities I have here are San Fierro - San Fransisco, Berkland - Berkley Oakley - Oakland.

user posted image

Finally, Finish of the names, the cities, the countryside and the colours to reveal the complete pause map.

user posted image

Thank you for taking the time to read the entire post, feel free to comment, post your OWN maps and post your OWN methods

EDIT: Here is a colour board for Grand Theft Auto Mapmaking, with the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas colours on the top, and the IV colours on the bottom

Loving the map, looks like a huge land space.

Few problems:

Did they change the name of the airport in San Fierro.

If the city was a bit larger, any of them, then it would be better. It makes me think how much of that countryside would go to waste.

then airport name is changed because 3 years before the concept i designed the map for is set, the origional easter bay airport is blown up. the EBAMA stands for the easter bay airport memorial airport

then airport name is changed because 3 years before the concept i designed the map for is set, the origional easter bay airport is blown up. the EBAMA stands for the easter bay airport memorial airport

Oh alright!

Great idea though!

Is it a bigger airport, since Easter Bay was just to small to taxi a plane around.

I know this will sound retarded, but how do i post one?

Host it on an image hosting site like tinypic or imageshack, then do this.

[img=insert url here]

I know this will sound retarded, but how do i post one?

1. it dosen't sound retarded, we all have to start somewhere

2. have you got one? i would love to see it! colgate.gif

Lol, how do i do that?

And yeah i just made a really crude one, i plan to make it abit better.

Lol, how do i do that?

And yeah i just made a really crude one, i plan to make it abit better.

Save the image to your computer, then go to an image hosting site, like imageshack. There will be a thing that says "browse". Click that and go through your image files until you see the map you saved. Then click "upload now". After you do that, you will be redirected to the thumbnail image. Click "viw full size image". Then copy the url at the top and go back to GTAF. When you're ready to post, click the "IMG" button and paste the url in the box. Then click "ok", and you're done.