• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LibertyKing

• killdrivetheftvehicle

• drscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OOOOH YEAAAH   GTA San Andreas 2016 final version     OOoooooh guyyyys finally I finished it. It's been more than a year since I started this map with the idea of making a 2015/16 version of

Post yer finished maps and WIP maps here!   Rules Don't post other's maps, especially pretending they're your own. We've likely seen them already, and this is a mapmaking thread

HOLA BROCHACHOS GUESS WHAT I finally finished my f*cking map, after all these years it's finally completed, sounds like it's too much to complete a scribble but i wanted it to be as close to the re

Damn, I miss Sim City 4, I wish I could still play it! cryani.gif

Anyway, here are two half-complete ideas for GTA

user posted image

Here, for some reason, I put Saint Maarten as being part of the British Virgin Islands

user posted image

Here,

Grey=Mountains

Green=Countryside( Agriculture, Forest etc), including animals

Yellow= As beach, or in the case of roads, as a toll route

"Double line"=Motorways, does not include non-motorway dual carriageways.

Line=Roads, and non-motorway dual carriageways.

Orange= Towns, villages etc-

Quick map I made when I was playing Red Dead Redemption:

user posted image

Its supposed to be an Island not yet owned completely by White poeples, the Territory southeast is supposed to be owned though, The idea was that the White peoples in the south Were trying to Conquer the entire island, but Across the River, and mountains are many Native americans, they fight, etc. I invision it being like 1800's, im not sure. and Idk whether to use Americans, or Britains... Just a map anyways, I was bored.

Key:

Dark Green = Forest

Dark Grey = Mountainous terrain

White = Snow Caps

Light Grey = White People's Urban Area

Light Orange = Native American Villages/Bases

Light Green = White people's Army Bases

The Line = The Border between White Territory and Native Territory. This Border is very dangerous.

wow! sim city maps look cool.

Can someone take a serious stab at making a small (think portland or staunton) map as a concept that will *really get modeled by people*? That would be so cool, cos these maps look good enough for modeling a city after in our game engine, except, too big (for the project, not for the engine) and not quite carefully crafted enough (make it with one cop station, one hospital, a residental zone etc - just make it realistic)

That would be so cool to find some designers here tounge.gif

sorry to double post, but some of you will remember my GTA: Bay Area topic. it had a DLC in a fictional U.S. state called Redwood State, based on Oregon. here is one of the city areas:

A picture of the first island, lower half, with neighbourhoods:

user posted image

A small island to the south named Cedarwood Island:

user posted image

an upper class area named Northwood Boulevard, with Northwood Convention Centre:

user posted image

This Picture Also Includes some of Pacific Side and Fredericks Court.

an early on pic of Hadrians Court, Fredericks Court and Kingsman:

user posted image

a pic of Southside and Southside Beach:

user posted image

Another early on pic of the south of the first island:

user posted image

and Finally, Northwood Boulevard, early on:

user posted image

The next island will be slightly more rural, but this is the city, the whole state is the region.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to start by saying that a lot of these maps are just freaking incredible. The thought of a

Grand Theft Auto map that epically huge makes me smile inside. I was wondering if someone could send me a super

hi-res copy of the USA map where all of the smaller towns and what not are easily visible. Also, I was actually wondering

that if people are still working on that if I would be able to jump on board and help out in parts of the mid-west. I would like

to get some representation from the Madison State area.

kwandilibro: AWSOME MAP MAN!!

blix quoy: of course you can! i am still gradually working on it. what i was thinking with the high res stuff is to complete it first, then make a high res version, to be used if we want to make a MASSIVE concept to go with it. i think i will start on that now! the legendary concept thread, lincoln state, had roughly 126 pages of stuff on its origional post, lets try to beat 200!

kwandilibro: AWSOME MAP MAN!!

blix quoy: of course you can! i am still gradually working on it. what i was thinking with the high res stuff is to complete it first, then make a high res version, to be used if we want to make a MASSIVE concept to go with it. i think i will start on that now! the legendary concept thread, lincoln state, had roughly 126 pages of stuff on its origional post, lets try to beat 200!

Thanks man.

And 126 pages? that's a long ass topic. At the moment, although not even halfway finished, my Southland topic is only 23 pages worth of stuff. And Huron State only had 28(at least that's what Word says)

Edited by Kwandilibro

i am currently writing a storyline for every single state included in the map, i.e. the lower 48. this is going to be a really long topic, and you can write, so will you be interested in helping write a story?

i have about 30 pages of stuff at the moment, and about 5 pages of story. the loc's go something like this:

nf = not finished

SA - done

oregon - nf

washington - nf

idaho - nf

montana - nf

wyoming - nf

colorado - nf

utah - nf

nevada - nf

arizona - nf

new mexico - nf

texas - nf

oklahoma - nf

kansas - nf

nebraska - nf

south dakota - nf

north dakota - nf

minesotta - nf

wisconsin - nf

iowa - nf

missouri - nf

illinois - nf

indiana - nf

michigan - nf

ohio - nf

pennsylvania - nf

New York state - nf

new york city and new jersey - nf

connecticut - nf

rhode island - nf

massatchussets - nf

vermont - nf

new hampshire - nf

maine - nf

[long plane ride with similar cutscene to intro]

virginia

west virginia

kentucky

tennessee - partly completed

north carolina - nf

south carolina - partly completed

georgia - sort of started

alabama - nf

mississippi - nf

florida - nf

SA finale - nf

this is a really long ass concept that will get a lot of people saying, 'its to long!' or 'what is the point man?' but to me, it seems like a good thing to keep us occupied. for u, i am just asking for assistance, but you have 2 good concepts, unnlike my 2, which went down the swannie after about 9 comments. colgate.gif

i am currently writing a storyline for every single state included in the map, i.e. the lower 48. this is going to be a really long topic, and you can write, so will you be interested in helping write a story?

i have about 30 pages of stuff at the moment, and about 5 pages of story. the loc's go something like this:

nf = not finished

SA - done

oregon - nf

washington - nf

idaho - nf

montana - nf

wyoming - nf

colorado - nf

utah - nf

nevada - nf

arizona - nf

new mexico - nf

texas - nf

oklahoma - nf

kansas - nf

nebraska - nf

south dakota - nf

north dakota - nf

minesotta - nf

wisconsin - nf

iowa - nf

missouri - nf

illinois - nf

indiana - nf

michigan - nf

ohio - nf

pennsylvania - nf

New York state - nf

new york city and new jersey - nf

connecticut - nf

rhode island - nf

massatchussets - nf

vermont - nf

new hampshire - nf

maine - nf

[long plane ride with similar cutscene to intro]

virginia

west virginia

kentucky

tennessee - partly completed

north carolina - nf

south carolina - partly completed

georgia - sort of started

alabama - nf

mississippi - nf

florida - nf

SA finale - nf

this is a really long ass concept that will get a lot of people saying, 'its to long!' or 'what is the point man?' but to me, it seems like a good thing to keep us occupied. for u, i am just asking for assistance, but you have 2 good concepts, unnlike my 2, which went down the swannie after about 9 comments. colgate.gif

I remember you had a Bay Area topic, which was actually really good. I think it had 9 or 11 posts, then poof! Disappeared.

In other news...... I'd be glad to help. Nothing quite beats a huge ass epic concept thread. Especially not including the whole country.

Dude I will gladly help work on the storylines for the New England states cause I am a New England native, and I do know about most of the stuff that goes around in my home state and it's neighbors.

Dude I will gladly help work on the storylines for the New England states cause I am a New England native, and I do know about most of the stuff that goes around in my home state and it's neighbors.

Yeah don't forget sethpenguin, he lives in New Hampshire(I think)

And by excluding Hawaii and alaska(not part of the contiguous 48), there should be 48. And I beleive LC was part of Liberty State, which I think represents new York. And Alderney is obviously new Jersey. So they don't count as a state of their own.

i did them in the order that you arrive in them, and i have included nyc as a state as its own simply because of the way that ncs seperates New england from the rest of america, and i am using nyc as a bridge

EDIT: Seth. a New Hampshire native. haha conincidentally, i am currently living in old Hampshire, in Old England

Indeed I do and let me tell you that the good o'l Granite State (along with Massachusetts) has a growing Crystal Meth problem, which would make New Hampshire an interesting place to include in GTA.

EDIT: @drscot: Yeah, talk about ironic.

Indeed I do and let me tell you that the good o'l Granite State (along with Massachusetts) has a growing Crystal Meth problem, which would make New Hampshire an interesting place to include in GTA.

All that time, I thought crystal meth was mostly used down south and in those farming states, since it can be made with common farming supplies(wow, look, I just made up a character for the concept. A guy who makes meth.)

All that time, I thought crystal meth was mostly used down south and in those farming states, since it can be made with common farming supplies(wow, look, I just made up a character for the concept. A guy who makes meth.)

Well the south (and the midwest) does have a severe problem with meth, but Mass and NH are starting to have a problem with it.

ok. i have completed part one of about 90, and am currently working on some city discriptions. i have used the sam protagonist as my bay area topic, and have used that storyline as a basis. can one of you two whip up some radio stations and the other Start to come up with a story for part 2. here is the two possible endings ro end of part one in a nushell:

Izzy McKeagan has been airlifted to los santos hospital, to undergo treatment for a bullet wound, or, Izzy McKeagan has fled south to Los Santos, after a run in with a organized crime boss. either way, izzy starts standing outside the hospital or the airport, with 30 Dollars a pistol with 7 rounds.

i know it isnt much to go on, but have a go

EDIT: Try to stay off izzy becoming a gangster. he can work with

them, or fight them, but he is a white man trying to get revenge for his parents death, not a black gangster. the cities included in part 2 are los santos, san diablo (san diego), san bernado (san bernadino) and all the country towns in SA. as well as red county, there are two new counties. okena county, and dust county. dust county is mostly badlands, like a cross between red county and bone county, and okena county is a farming county, similar to the blueberry acres area. they each have new unnamed small towns, which you can name or leave blank for me to name, cheers guys for this, really. colgate.gif

scott.

EDIT 2: if this is two much to ask, please tell

EDIT 3: Pine county and San Sejo (San Jose) are also part of mission strand 2

Edited by drscot

Finally finishes the northern half of Portland,

user posted image

As for the southern half, I'll get back to that some other day.

This is Toll Island home to the Clarance County Jail which is the prison that the protagonist of GTA:Carcer City, Rick Adams spent 5 years in,

user posted image

This is the neighborhood of Darkwoods, located in Carcer City's Borough of West Carcer. This neighberhood is home to the Darkwood Penitentiary,

user posted image

For some time it was the only prison in Carcer City that would house death row inmates until 1999, when the prisoners managed to escape and overthrow the prison staff.

lol, alcatraz!

u r a good sim city-er seth, it takes a lot to keep all those middle density residentials happy

on topic:

here is a progress report.

Overall completion - 1/48th

SAN ANDREAS STATE

story: 50% [seth, kwandilibro an I are working on it]

Maps: 60.5% [ I am working on it]

Gangs: 40% [ I am working on it]

San Andreas Completion: 150/300th's (37.5/75th's)

GAMEPLAY

still needs to be expanded in other areas

Cars: 75% [ I am working on it]

Radio: 60.5% [seth, kwandilibro an I are working on it]

Gameplay Features: 75% [ i am working on it]

Characters: 1% [ I am working on it]

Supporting characters: 0% [ I am working on it]

Weapons: 75% [ I am working on it]

Shopping: 50% [ I am working on it]

EDIT: I am pleased to announce that i have 39 pages of stuff already, and that is excluding the 10 pictures that i have designed!

Edited by drscot

Here is another preview to the Alderney State map I'm working on. Here is a map to one of the counties on the map.

This is the Skyland County, excluding the bridges, highways, and major buildings. It contains Acter (Keanry & Harrison),

The Skylands (The Rutherfords), Lombardy (Lodi), Quakennock (Hackensack), and a couple of others but I'm still in the

process of naming them. This will be one of the smallest counties (I just zoomed it a little for a better view). The color

scheme used is from IV's road map. Feedback would be appreciated.

user posted image

Edited by YungLive201

really like it yung live. when will the concept be out?

will you be willing for me to use the names of the places in your alderney state map for the gta usa map?

really like it yung live. when will the concept be out?

will you be willing for me to use the names of the places in your alderney state map for the gta usa map?

I'm finished with all the details, but I'm just waiting till I'm finished with most of the artwork.

And yeah, you can use some of my names. Just let me know which ones you need.