Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

GTA Mapmaking

ArmyRaidFail404

Plus: for some f*cking reason, i can't post images directly, because of this goddamn message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community..

When you upload to Imgur you have to right click on it and get the share links. Look for the BB Code, this is the one that can be used here.

Basically the reason you can't post directly is because your link doesn't have the image extension on it. Pngs are the best. I don't know any other extension that could be used.

Ohhh123r

Plus: for some f*cking reason, i can't post images directly, because of this goddamn message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community..

Goddamnit you didn't read my post

How i can upload images here?

Upload your map here and I recommend image host is Imgur and since Photobucket is unpostable

Copy your image code and paste here

Example:

[img=https://i.imgur.com/ecd7lB2.png]
If you do the code correctly, your image loads...

ecd7lB2.png

or use Imgur method

N5xyDcP.png

Once you upload your first map, Welcome to GTA Mapmaking thread.

ElMattineu

When you upload to Imgur you have to right click on it and get the share links. Look for the BB Code, this is the one that can be used here.

Basically the reason you can't post directly is because your link doesn't have the image extension on it. Pngs are the best. I don't know any other extension that could be used.

Goddamnit you didn't read my post

How i can upload images here?

Upload your map here and I recommend image host is Imgur and since Photobucket is unpostable

Copy your image code and paste here
Example:
[img=https://i.imgur.com/ecd7lB2.png]
If you do the code correctly, your image loads...
ecd7lB2.png

or use Imgur method

N5xyDcP.png

Once you upload your first map, Welcome to GTA Mapmaking thread.

Thanks about it, i will se if the error go away.

Meanwhile...

I made a Updated version, and it is such a big update to be honest.

Welcome to the City of Cottonmouth, New Versailles.

CqxmMcA.png

Map changes:

+ United Red Light District , Sexual Deviants, Assassination and Most Wanted Levels

+ A proper Highway connection

+ Added the Lake Dauntrain Causeway (xaxaxa, stoopid reference)

+ Started the Airport, by putting some Airways.

+ And other additions, here and there.

Edited by ElMattineu

ElMattineu

Another GIGANTIC uptade in Two days?!

whoo, super fast sanic speed

Well, here we are again!

ibDE1f3.png

The Changes n' additions:

+ Level's "Ghosts" and "Domestic Disturbance" have now a connection with the rest of the Map

+ A Highway Connection to Wooddale Community Enclave, in the North

+ WAY MORE streets and buildings near Downtown and Red Light

+ Roundabout near the Airport

+ The "Most Wanted" concrete river, is now "connected" with a real river.

+ Even more stuff.

edit: fast as sh*t than no one replyed between the posts
Edited by ElMattineu

Testarossa

Las Venturas, v1.1

rqpKZoj.png

Nameless

the start of school has been slowing me down and whatnot, but here's an update.

did a fair bit of Northern Las Vegas and pretty much finished the Strip, put a placeholder airport while I decide what's the best look for it.

as always, feedback is appreciated.

Mr.Fisterpies

VLx6i4F.png
My unfinished map of rockford city, i plan on making icons on the map
please give me suggestions. this is my 2nd time making map

killdrivetheftvehicle

@Mr.Fisterpies: welcome to the forums! I suggest you make a military base, graveyard, working highway system, airport and think about districts, like industrial, commercial and residential, land values, where they get their energy and what kind of industries there would be in the city, all that kind of stuff.

Doggy Dink

Hi all.

I've started working on a new project: Bayton City

Yeah, it's based on San Francisco Bay :evilgrin:

I've just started it but I hope to complete it soon. Still using paint here by the way.

Bc4s1S9.png

The area north of 'Bayton City' will be like a modern Bayside from GTA:SA

I'm still working on Bayton Wharf International Airport.

The large island in the bay is called 'Roach Island' and is based on Almeda Island, south of Oakland in real life.

You might be able to figure out the rest of the areas :lol:

Also will someone please tell me how to do the entrance to the airport in a proper way

lolznc

I'm starting to lose count of how many iterations of Blackwater I've created now, but here's yet another one. Improved railroad, improved river route, improved everything. Welcome to the Blackwater of the mid/late 70s. Still based on St Louis, with a dash of Cleveland and Mafia III's New Bordeaux here and there.

4xJeNxn.png

Edited by lolznc

LibertyKing

I am really disappointed that this happened but I knew it was coming. Unfortunately, I have to stop work on the new version of my Liberty City map because it has gotten too big for my computer to handle. This happened a while ago, with the first ever LC map I have posted, but Paint.NET was much less optimised at that time. My computer only has 3 GBs of ram and the program uses 1.8 of it, so it constantly freezes and slows down every time I make the smallest of changes and it is becoming unbearable. So, unless I buy more RAM, a new PC, or some miracle happens, the already sparsely updated Liberty City Big map will not be updated anymore. I might go back to the small version, correct the color scheme and finish it, as it is already close to completion, or start a new project altogether. We'll see.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Doggy Dink
Posted (edited)

Hello all!

I have successfully completed my SF map. I decided to remove the Island south of Oakland due to limitations Now renamed 'Coral Bay', the map features 5 major cities as well as their real life counterparts which are as followed:

Bayton City - San Francisco

Eastport - Oakland

San Juan - Northern San Jose and Silicon Valley

Northwood - Berkeley

Leonardo - Richmond

Now for the map itself:

b1gjkmV.png

I have tried to base it somewhat accurately on the SF Bay area, just a bit scaled down and more compact.

Some backgrounds on the districts,,

Bayton City:

A sprawling, hillside city on a tropical peninsula.

Known for it's mysterious mists and thunderstorms, it is a strange and exciting city that is worth visiting, full of interesting characters and dangerous crime syndicates.

Daleburg

A suburb of Bayton City, known for its beaches and nightlife. Based on Daly City

Southside

Known as the 'Industrial City', Southside is a declining industrial district full of criminals and outlaws. It is savagely poor and dirty

Bayton Hills

An untouched set of rolling highlands, the Bayton Hills are ripe for adventuring and offroading. The mountains are home to the Coral Bay Wildlife Reservation, blooming with creatures and animals.

Toucan Island

Toucan Island is a isle in the middle of Coral Bay. It is home to an abandoned prison, which is also a tourist attraction and also home to an underground cult... literally

Eastport

Eastport is a sleepy port city, full of different cultures and gangs. Chinatown and Little Italy are one of many diverse neighbourhoods. Easport is home to Fort Acorn, a mysterious military base.

Coral Lagoon

A foggy marsh south of Easport city, the Coral Lagoon is a seldom visited swamp that has the highest rate of suicide and kidnappings in the county. It is ready for discovery and you may even come across a few murder mysteries...

San Juan

Northern San Juan is a quiet city that is based upon the northern portions of San Jose. It is known as the capital of technology and high tech inventions. It is full of stuck-up tech heads and also fierce rivalry's between technology companies.

Northwood

Northwood is an old University city north of Eastport. Surrounded by dense forestry and dotted with students and protesters, it is an interesting town that is worth a visit.

Leonardo

Leonardo is a small windy city known for its tight community and fishing competitions. It's not without its crime though, and is home to many gangs and criminals. It houses the Coral River Penitentiary.

Marino

Marino is a small modernized town west of Leonardo, across the Coral Mouth Bridge. It is known for its harbor and spectacular view of Bayton City across the Palm Gate Bridge.

Please leave your thoughts on the map, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Doggy Dink

killdrivetheftvehicle
Posted (edited)

@Doggy Dink: It's a good map for a 2D game, but to make it 3D it would have to be more detailed and to look more organic. Now it's just north-south and east-west. There are no southeast-northwest or northeast-southwest streets, except for the park, which seems too simple. There are no roundabouts. The highway doesn't have off- and on-ramps anywhere. But like I said, for a 2D game it works. It has great variation of different sized grid, and the roads have a good of variation of width.

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle

SeroH

Just to let you know what my San Fierro map is about:

xUW1s9A.png

DaveGaming216
Posted (edited)

Hey ya'll I've been busy with school and my job but I'm gonna try to finish everything here. What you're looking at is the Watch Dogs map being extended. I plan to add Cicero and Berwyn (If you're familar or live around here you'll know what I'm talking about) and possibly some small towns, and make Pawnee bigger, still in work in progress, haven't gave up.5864043c5a8456fb08e2536bed8dc52d.png

Edited by DaveGaming216

LibertyKing

Liberty City Metropolitan Area - Update 12

8q1lVU2.png

QMeSZ1l.png

As I previously said, the large version of this map became too resource intensive for my computer. So, instead of abandoning this map altogether, I decided to resume work on the original version, which is already much closer to completion and takes less time to add areas to anyway. I have applied the new color scheme to it and modified the areas of Algonquin I had changed in the large version, I still have to enlarge the creek between Broker and Dukes though, as no ship could possibly pass through this tiny opening. I have also laid out the general outline of the entire map and those are all the areas I intend to fill in this map. Ignore the bridge to nowhere at the south of the map, it is just a relic of past over-ambitiousness.

Thanks for reading and, if you like my map, you can leave a like if you'd like!

SeroH
Posted (edited)

San Fierro Map: Update #1

Highways and freeways

JUmXyrQ.png

Edited by SeroH

VilleroArgentino

-images-

As I previously said, the large version of this map became too resource intensive for my computer. So, instead of abandoning this map altogether, I decided to resume work on the original version, which is already much closer to completion and takes less time to add areas to anyway. I have applied the new color scheme to it and modified the areas of Algonquin I had changed in the large version, I still have to enlarge the creek between Broker and Dukes though, as no ship could possibly pass through this tiny opening. I have also laid out the general outline of the entire map and those are all the areas I intend to fill in this map. Ignore the bridge to nowhere at the south of the map, it is just a relic of past over-ambitiousness.

Man what a great map! I absolutely love it.

IdolaElohimAnlon

Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Carmain? I have a gift for him (And yes this is about a certain popular map of his). I have been fixing the coast line around the northern and southern half of the map. I think he might be impressed if I get a way to send it to him. I'm trying through steam.

SeroH

Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Carmain? I have a gift for him (And yes this is about a certain popular map of his). I have been fixing the coast line around the northern and southern half of the map. I think he might be impressed if I get a way to send it to him. I'm trying through steam.

Go to his profile and then send a message him

Carmain

Message me? :D

DidSomebodySayYouga

@LibertyKing I can ask something? Maybe you should remake your 2014 map of Liberty City? It's wery good map...

IdolaElohimAnlon
Posted (edited)

https://sta.sh/01nhl2fm8zce

Edited by IdolaElohimAnlon

Carmain

https://sta.sh/01nhl2fm8zce

The memories...and the massive lag when I try and use paint.net...whelp, I guess i know what I need to finish now, and i've got an LV that can be basically dropped in!

lolznc

We're back in the Caribbean for a quick update from the island nation of Benedinta. It's not much, just a rough drawing of how the island should hopefully look once completed. Obviously it won't look exactly like this, but it's a plan from which I can work.

sRfGP6C.png

brOkeRxBoYxLC

State of Liberty/Alderney Update 3

I'm still fix Metro City road because it's so much grid. Anyway back to State of Liberty and Alderney

ecd7lB2.png

Changelogs:

- Liberton road area it's almost finished

- Minor change to upper Algonquin

- Added a road to Richmond Island ferry (based on unfinished road on right side of Castle Gardens in GTA IV)

- New World Exchange Center 1 is now bigger

- WEC Pools are now bigger

- Big tail (underneath to Broker) from East Island is now bigger

- New stadium on Liberton named GetaLife Stadium (based on MetLife Stadium)

- The doted road on Liberton means it's under constructions

Edit: Holy Fu*k! 15 likes on this map aside from my first replies which is Toni stand in front of ferry gate with "Save OpenIV" & "No TakeTwo" banner while the ferry striker as OpenIV supporters

map looks great, but there is NO way you cannot connect Staten Island to Brooklyn. that is very important. the verrazano bridge is the largest bridge in america and a NYC icon. if u fix that the map would be perfect

brOkeRxBoYxLC

c31oIJC.png

This is the most beautiful fan-made Liberty City / Alderney map I've ever seen.

i would do anything for rockstar to create this map. ive been working on liberty city maps since gta 4 came out. since im from brooklyn and staten island i felt liberty was missing a ton of key places. SI, parts of brooklyn, long island, upstate ny, south jersey etc.

if rockstar can make a game the size of gta 5, there is absolutely NO REASON they cannot make a liberty state / Alderney state map. that map would be revolutionary

Lockharte
Posted (edited)

Heeey, guys

This is my first attempt at doing maps

That's a fictional Russian selo (variety of village) - Gastello.

It was named after a Nikolay Gastello, Soviet pilot, who died when he was saving his partners in WW2.
It's still unfinished

JVKUPFq.png

Edited by Lockharte

brOkeRxBoYxLC

8q1lVU2.png

QMeSZ1l.png

LibertyKing i seriously admire your map, I've been trying to recreate a new liberty city since 4 came out 10 years ago, but i could never find mapping software like this. do you mind telling me what software you use to create this? I'm from NYC so i really appreciate something like this, also because it has been a legit side project/ dream to recreate a more accurate LC.

LibertyKing

@brOkeRxBoYxLC: Like many other mapmakers, I use Paint.NET. It's quite easy to learn and it has a very simple line tool that makes curved roads easier to draw than most other free programs I found. I've been working on this map for years though and this all I managed to do because I lose interest in mapmaking quite often. But I suggest you try and if you do, start with something small at fist and try to complete it because it is really satisfying to completely finish a map, something I very rarely do,

Also, it's nice to get feedback from someone for New York City. I've never been there but I've been studying the area's geography for about a decade now.

Thank you for your kind words !

ElMattineu
Posted (edited)

After 2 f*cking months of doing nothing, besides scratching my balls and, other necessary stuff.

I made some progress here and there, blah blah blah, you got it.

SlIuAe8.png

Map changes:

+ Some roads down the river (Yes, it is a Missisipi River parody, i just don't have a good parody name to it).
+ That sexy Roundabout south the river.
+ Two new towns, that i still don't named then.

+ The Airport is changed

+ Roads in the Assassination Level
+ And More!

Edited by ElMattineu