Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

GTA Mapmaking

Sanches

I've tried to draw a map for the first time. It's wip, if you may call it like that. In next versions i'll try to expand the area, resolution and add more details.

The map of desert islands of Abyr.
KQNtcKI.jpg

I've always wanted to have a GTA Online in the desert setting, so atleast i drew a map of it.

Legend:

1 - Unnamed military base.

2 - Porttown. Port town.

3 - Abandoned 4m high wall outpost.

4 - Radio station at the top of the mountain.

5 - Unnamed commerce city.

6 - Fisher's village.

7 - "Set" town.

8 - "Sierra" Oil field.

9 - "Monto: Oil field.

10 - Capital of Abyr - "Oasis"

11 - Old stronghold.

12 - Civilian airfield.

13 - Unnamed village.

Looking forward for advices and comments.

Edited by Sanches

Doggy Dink

I've tried to draw a map for the first time. It's wip, if you may call it like that. In next versions i'll try to expand the area, resolution and add more details.

The map of desert islands of Abyr.

KQNtcKI.jpg

I've always wanted to have a GTA Online in the desert setting, so atleast i drew a map of it.

Legend:

1 - Unnamed military base.

2 - Porttown. Port town.

3 - Abandoned 4m high wall outpost.

4 - Radio station at the top of the mountain.

5 - Unnamed commerce city.

6 - Fisher's village.

7 - "Set" town.

8 - "Sierra" Oil field.

9 - "Monto: Oil field.

10 - Capital of Abyr - "Oasis"

11 - Old stronghold.

12 - Civilian airfield.

13 - Unnamed village.

Looking forward for advices and comments.

Awesome! I really like the maps that have detail and have places to explore, like if it were a real video game. I think you should add some names to the places and also, what program did you draw it on? I'd love to be able to make tilted shapes aswell as smooth curved roads. I use paint for my maps but you can't rotate shapes on it and the curved lines look bad and pixelated.

Sanches

Awesome! I really like the maps that have detail and have places to explore, like if it were a real video game. I think you should add some names to the places and also, what program did you draw it on? I'd love to be able to make tilted shapes aswell as smooth curved roads. I use paint for my maps but you can't rotate shapes on it and the curved lines look bad and pixelated.

Well, i used... Paint 3D.

I'd like to find a better program, because i think Paint can't save files in high quality.

Prokan

How i can upload images heare?

Ohhh123r

How i can upload images here?

Upload your map here and I recommend image host is Imgur and since Photobucket is unpostable

Copy your image code and paste here

Example:

[img=https://i.imgur.com/ecd7lB2.png]

If you do the code correctly, your image loads...

ecd7lB2.png

or use Imgur method

N5xyDcP.png

Once you upload your first map, Welcome to GTA Mapmaking thread.

Edited by Ohhh123r

Daikenki
Posted (edited)

my first map but i made this in a span of 2 days

also first post waddup

https://i.imgur.com/rYJPfWS.jpg

Edited by Daikenki

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Islands of Abyr

twGa6IU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/twGa6IU.jpg

Nomad's notes: Abyr is a strange geography phenomenon. It is a desert with sandy and rocky surfaces and it's all surrounded by ocean. There are two mountains, but only one of it deserved it's name - Unite.

The lands are covered with various settlements. Some are more civilizationally, some are less. Town names are giving some middle-eastern thoughts. People are seperated by settlements and groups or clans. The strongest one is a capital of these lands located at the east and it's named "Oahat" because it's settled in "Oa" lands.

Northern there's "SAA" island. It stands for South Abyr Alliance, you can find a civilian grade airfield and a couple of towns there. Basically it's just a trade alliance that lives semi seperated from the main island. They have everything they need for a living. Transport communications and farms.
The main trade deals are comming through Ailham - main commerce town. Before export goods are able to leave the place, they're going through this town.

To the north of Ailham there's some port towns - Gat'e and Zahel. Gat'e is somewhat industrial town. There's a warehouses, factories and garages. I can't tell anything about Zahel, because locals didn't let me to go there. That's some mystery. Talking about locals. People here are way different. There's no such word as "law" here. You are free man in the desert. You can act like a total a-hole if you'll manage to stay your ground. The basic rule is "Strongest will survive" or should i call it "Toughest will survive".

That's why people are using armored trucks to move around. Trucks or the whole convoy of armored vehicles. Cars are not that impressive, to be honest. Armor is makeshift, you know, metal plates, wires and mounted guns. But this is more than enough to stay competetive in this place and avoid unforeseen guests during your journey.

The place lives with oil. Classic! I counted atleast three oil fields and only two of them were in working condition. They are heavily guarded and of course nobody wanted me there. That's why i had to scope these places from the distance.
Well, time to move on...

Map with town names:

Map with locations names:

Legend:

ubsE0NC.jpg

Image's size is 7424x6768.

This is finished project and my first map. Im looking forward for advices and comments.
Credits to Chernarus map and Hard Truck Apocalypse for inspiration and help with town plannings.
Stuff i used: Paint 3D, paint.NET, Photoshop CS4.

Edited by Sanches

killdrivetheftvehicle

@Sanches: comments: Image is huge and has lots of detail, great first map!

Advice: Airports usually have only runways and taxiing lanes, make sure your runways are broader than taxiing lanes, and that they actually make sense the way air traffic works. Roads should also make sense, and a military base should have multiple access roads, if it's economical. Buildings should be closer to the roads, unless they have a front yard. Sandy shores are smooth, so always when you scale up, remember to smoothen the edges, unless you want them to be rugged. In that case its easier to use distortion tools. I know that was a lot of advice, and it seems I'm negative, but it's just friendly advice. I hope you can take it and become a great cartographer!

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Advice: Airports usually have only runways and taxiing lanes, make sure your runways are broader than taxiing lanes, and that they actually make sense the way air traffic works. Roads should also make sense, and a military base should have multiple access roads, if it's economical. Buildings should be closer to the roads, unless they have a front yard. Sandy shores are smooth, so always when you scale up, remember to smoothen the edges, unless you want them to be rugged. In that case its easier to use distortion tools. I know that was a lot of advice, and it seems I'm negative, but it's just friendly advice. I hope you can take it and become a great cartographer!

Thanks for your comment, man! Don't worry, you don't sound negative or something. I will keep in mind stuff you said about military base and roads' width.

But i'd like to explain my vision regarding spaces between roads and houses. You see, i imagined this place to be somewhat wild with all that semi-weaponized trucks are going around (which i mentioned it in my original post). Like if there's a huge vehicle moving across the road, the last thing you'd want is to have your house close to the road. You get it :p

Edited by Sanches

Yinepi

Made this few months ago. I never finished it.

cSRUHDs.png

Daikenki
Posted (edited)

VICE CITY UPDATE V2

Expanded the Downtown area abit and changed the terrain so it looks like it belongs there, also added some towns up north cause why not

QG5jmc8.jpg

full image for the sexy aliased smoothness

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://i.imgur.com/bVzmfwh.jpg

Edited by Daikenki

Digweg

VICE CITY UPDATE V2

Expanded the Downtown area abit and changed the terrain so it looks like it belongs there, also added some towns up north cause why not

QG5jmc8.jpg

full image for the sexy aliased smoothness

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://i.imgur.com/bVzmfwh.jpg

Whoa! This is actually really good. The detail is amazing.

Really nice first map! :^:

Efreet

This map is the best I've seen so far. Yes, it's a mashup of older city maps with no changes, but as a concept, it'd truly be a grand achievement if R* attempted to do something on this scale. Reality is, I don't think we'd ever see a map on this scale and the maximum we'll get is a two-city map. I also don't believe in quantity if quality isn't the priority, which is the mantra for Rockstar Games.

DaniLekBom

GTA VICE CITY 2017 2018 update 2

I am back after a long time :colgate:

(big image below)

jeqOoAI.png

It's been 5 months since the 1st update, yeah I know, it took to long, I am sorry. But here it is:

-Cottonmouth is about 80% finished;

-Vice City is finished;

-Added land to the north;

-Added a few smaller towns around the map;

-More roads.

So I wanted to say, congrats to all the new mapmakers around! Lots of amazing maps!

(English for my bad sorry)

I just hope I can finish this map this year.

Edited by DaniLekBom

lolznc

Cor, been a while ain't it? Not much has been going on in Blackwater OR Benedinta, mostly cos:

A: Haven't felt like it

and especially B: Benedinta/Trimont is just TOO hecking big. I'm probably gonna have to do a bit of shrinking of both island and city if I return to that (which I may well do, cos honestly really liking that map's vibes). Here's a link to an image of the whole map as of now, scaled down 50%. Pretty big, and that isn't even all the island. But whatevs.

In the memetime, I'm got some updates for Blackwater. First up, the "second city" of the map, (loosely) based on a real city further up the Mississippi from St. Louis. Might be called Alton, but I can't be bothered to look it up tbh.

oLp4Dms.png

And as for Blackwater itself, the main change is the railroad route. I always felt the railroad on the old version looked a bit.....well, sh*t. Much happier with the route of this one.

Skvbv88.png

Not overly exciting, but eh send your complaints by carrier pigeon. k thx bye

E: Dang that's a darn good Vice you got there, pardner! *tilts cowboy hat*

(sorry, weird mood today)

Edited by lolznc

Samobella

Hi! I'm new here at the GTAFourms, (as you can see from my join date) and I thought I could get into GTA Mapmaking! I own a few GTA games, so I'm a little familiar with the subject. Here's my first map.

I've made a map of the City of Columbia, or CC. (Based off Washington D.C) I've started with making Fort Jersey, based off the real-life Fort Lesley J. McNair.

0abhzvU.png

Here's a picture of the entire map.

vGczJBd.png

Maybe too ambitious? I'll probably give up halfway.

Edited by Samobella

JackDA

Quick update, I am still working on my GTA: America Remastered map, I can't update it now but I will update it soon. I've created about 20 cities so far and have about 30-40 to go so i'm in it for the long run lol.

Keep mapmaking everyone!

Edit

600pA3p.jpg

Full 13500x7971 image: https://ibb.co/bEJuZ6

Edited by JackDA

Samobella

Update! (or sumthin...)

OOOJ0Ug.png

Daikenki

Calberra.png

Calberra City, Idk lol

------------------

Started working on a new map, now starting to use paint.net since i can only just shift click in photoshop to make the roads, which makes the roads look like a 2009 map.

will make it bigger since i aint no push over

Edited by Daikenki

ArmyRaidFail404

The first map I ever put some form of effort into.

I'm working on a concept GTA based in the Carribean Sea. I started with Haiti. In essence its a WIP of a WIP as I intend to do the map in parts. The first being Haiti, the second being The Bahamas and the third being Vice City.

Anyways tell me what you think :)

WqZqo37.png

Edited by ArmyRaidFail404

Stoked_dude

S1SuX3QmS4u2vvVS5Zi-5Q.png

"A Country of Outlaws"

Intro

Presenting the fictional criminal occupied territory of Freedom Islands. A selfclaimed nation claimed by criminals in 1982 and built into a illegal fortress for criminal activites including prostitution, slavery, drug farming, tax evasion and other activites. Previously the Marquesas Keys near the Florida Keys. Governed in collaboration between South American cartels and the Italian-American mafia. Many former nationals of other countries flee to to the islands to avoid criminal charges. The islands also include a wide range of luxury five-star hotels financed by drug cartels and criminal banks offering a wide range of activities for the guests including gambling and prostitution that also are fueled by captured political prisoners and others turned into slave workers in those businesses. The world's largest yachts are often docked ashore and the world's elite in finance and entertainment often travel to this forbidden paradise to escape the everyday life.

Most of the population lives in self-made homes with varying material qualities, some live in apartment blocks built by South American companies. The political leaders and other prominent criminals live in upscale mansions in gated districts. North American companies have been banned from doing business on the island as a part of a blockade by the United States for occupying the territory but many still operate in the shadows. A long list of Fortune 500 company owners operate bank accounts on the islands.

Law Enforcement

The islands are governed by a team of volunteers known as "The Peacekeepers". Their tasks include preventing trouble between residents, murder and deporting and locating undocumented immigrants and undercover American government workers. Peacekeepers breaking the law often get executed.

Edited by Stoked_dude

DaveGaming216

I don't think anybody has ever tried extending Watch Dog's Chicago map so I thought maybe trying. Thoughts? Sorry if it's a little hard to see the roads I didn't know how to make roads noticable. This is my first attempt btw

TwsVtDknTx6-OpB8s9Kp8A.png

Edited by DaveGaming216

Stoked_dude

UPDATE v1.1

Ilhy9Gx.png

Intro
Presenting the fictional criminal occupied territory of Freedom Islands. A selfclaimed nation claimed by criminals in 1982 and built into a illegal fortress for criminal activites including prostitution, slavery, drug farming, tax evasion and other activites. Previously the Marquesas Keys near the Florida Keys. Governed in collaboration between South American cartels and the Italian-American mafia. Many former nationals of other countries flee to to the islands to avoid criminal charges. The islands also include a wide range of luxury five-star hotels financed by drug cartels and criminal banks offering a wide range of activities for the guests including gambling and prostitution that also are fueled by captured political prisoners and others turned into slave workers in those businesses. The world's largest yachts are often docked ashore and the world's elite in finance and entertainment often travel to this forbidden paradise to escape the everyday life.
Most of the population lives in self-made homes with varying material qualities, some live in apartment blocks built by South American companies. The political leaders and other prominent criminals live in upscale mansions in gated districts. North American companies have been banned from doing business on the island as a part of a blockade by the United States for occupying the territory but many still operate in the shadows. A long list of Fortune 500 company owners operate bank accounts on the islands.
Law Enforcement
The islands are governed by a team of volunteers known as "The Peacekeepers". Their tasks include preventing trouble between residents, murder and deporting and locating undocumented immigrants and undercover American government workers. Peacekeepers breaking the law often get executed.
The islands are daily guarded by the Foreign Water Defence Alliance which is a militia combined by volunteer navy soldiers and cartel members. The FWDA's main task is to defend the islands against an eventual attack from an external force such as the United States. 60% of the national budget is spent on the defence sector. The FWDA occupies much of the coastal land facing the United States and there are forts and bases located multiple areas on the islands. At day from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM there are 10 patrol watercrafts encircling the islands, between 9:00 and 5:00 there are 5. The slaveposts recieve extra heavy attention from patrolling units due to the increasing number of slave defectors.
Edited by Stoked_dude

Samobella

Why don't the resorts in Treasure Cove have paved roads?

Edited by Samobella

Stoked_dude

Why don't the resorts in Treasure Cove have paved roads?

The road in Treasure Cove is actually a boardwalk because it does not support vehicular traffic. There is a parking lot for vehicles at the ferry port but all access to the hotels are using golf carts, cycling or walking. Most guests arrive with cruiseshops or other boats.

Edited by Stoked_dude

VilleroArgentino

Hello everyone!

I'm Villero Argentino (obviously from Argentina). I've been working on a project that as title in the image suggests "GTA Buenos Aires"

As any normal GTA map, it's a parody of Argentina's capital city.

the map comes with a whole different story. Some of you may be confused as what most of the roads say because it's in Spanish, but i'll try to keep information posted in English.

If you are argentinian or have been to my country you could recognize some areas.

This is the first post on it.

Enjoy. https://imgur.com/a/tnp87

TheStansGTA

Hello,I'm the new mapmaker!My first mapmaking is:

GTA Campstown 1.0(still not finished)

Cohex17

Is this really,downloadable maps for game,or just map concepts?

Cohex17

So,i was bored and i created this really small island in PS and i was messing around with effects.P.S. this is my first map concept

BeOMShE.jpg