Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,949 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rocks-tar

The city is boring.

Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ?

• Liberty City (GTA III)
    • Vice City
    • Both

ucah8er
I actually liked the city, It really had so much potential to it, the only problem was is that there were no mini-games to play.

I disagree.

After the missions you can complete the races, various side missions (pizza boy, ambulance, sparrow parcours, etc), hidden packages, rampages and unique jumps.

Then there's also the stuff to experiment with. I had a lot of fun with the Hunter and the Rhino. And also, the strange super man drug tounge.gif

Getting 100% took even longer than completing the original game.

Jool
I actually liked the city, It really had so much potential to it, the only problem was is that there were no mini-games to play.

I disagree.

After the missions you can complete the races, various side missions (pizza boy, ambulance, sparrow parcours, etc), hidden packages, rampages and unique jumps.

Then there's also the stuff to experiment with. I had a lot of fun with the Hunter and the Rhino. And also, the strange super man drug tounge.gif

Getting 100% took even longer than completing the original game.

Completely agreed.

Vice City at all is the game where there is the most things to do after storyline for completion.

(P.S. Maybe a little bit more in massive San Andreas)

WorthlessYouth

At the time of playing Vice City, I really didn't care about the map size but I can definitely say I had a blast playing it. These days when I look back on the game, I realize in comparison to Liberty City, it really isn't that big of a map and there just isn't as much to do there. I'd pick Liberty City over Vice City any day. I felt the map had a lot more potential.

lolleroz

My problem with VC is that after you finish story missions it gets boring as hell - all the side additions except for rampages, hidden packages and races (and businesses side activity) are just really as well, I wish there was some kind of drug dealing system in the game or anything else which would make the game more interesting.

DoubleOGJohnson

I'm a LS boy on the East Coast now, Los Santos will always be my favorite place because it's home. But one thing I can say though, is that Vice City is a great place to go to whenever you need to escape the East Coast or Liberty City. There are times when I'm walking through Bohan, Broker, and Dukes staring at nasty looking tenements and row houses wishing I was in VC. When I'm in LS I dont think about Vice City much at all really because I already have the weather, the lights, the beach, and all that other good sh*t. But I do think about VC a lot when I'm in Liberty City. Vice City is what you make it I guess. There are things I love doing in VC that you can't do in LC. I love things like going to the beach in Vice City and dipping my feet in the water, I love that the water actually looks clean unlike dirty LC, I love running around with beach balls, walking down Ocean Drive at night, kicking it at Lucky Pierre's, the Pole Position, and. the Malibu Club. I love to visit the Maison Wenifall and Front Page Café in the morning after a long night on Ocean Drive. Hanging out at the swimming pool at Marina Sands, Chariot, Ducum Inn, and Standing Vice Point hotels. Kicking back at the North Point Mall and Washington Mall, or grabbing a boat from Ocean Beach Marina and cruising the ocean. There's things in Vice City/Florida that you don't get in Liberty City.

Edited by DoubleOGJohnson

Jericho176

I voted "both", as in I like them both equally smile.gif Both games are awesome, but the cities would be kinda boring either way if there was no storyline. The radio just adds to the awesomness, especially in Vice City. I like either game and its city better than San Andreas or GTA IV.

Arsen Vitiuk
Both games are awesome, but the cities would be kinda boring either way if there was no storyline.

As well as a bunch of side missions. It also adds much fun.

Lock n' Stock

I liked the city. It had a great 80s Miami vibe it and had a decent variety of locations like a large beach, neon districts, a movie studio, a golf course, some ethic ghettos e.g. Probably not the best GTA city but it's fun to explore imo.

universetwisters

Although Vice City holds a lot of nostalgic memories to me, I love III-era Liberty City

caseclosedjk

Good story, terribly boring map. It did not "Really" catch the feel of the real miami to me.

Maybe rockstar can fix that with GTA VI?

DeadlySlender

I think the story fits the map perfectly.

Police24

Vice City was awesome!

Blastoise1994

Vice is pretty dull, probably for being so small and having so little variety, really. The places are all the same, the people are all the same... Liberty had a BIT more variety and SA had tons of space to roam around in, but Vice just kind of felt tiny and isolated. Vice City as a game is awesome, but the city itself could use a lot more bulk and a lot more variety.

Edited by Blastoise1994

KubilayLP

They were both boring. :D

MyDog

I'm a LS boy on the East Coast now, Los Santos will always be my favorite place because it's home. But one thing I can say though, is that Vice City is a great place to go to whenever you need to escape the East Coast or Liberty City. There are times when I'm walking through Bohan, Broker, and Dukes staring at nasty looking tenements and row houses wishing I was in VC. When I'm in LS I dont think about Vice City much at all really because I already have the weather, the lights, the beach, and all that other good sh*t. But I do think about VC a lot when I'm in Liberty City. Vice City is what you make it I guess. There are things I love doing in VC that you can't do in LC. I love things like going to the beach in Vice City and dipping my feet in the water, I love that the water actually looks clean unlike dirty LC, I love running around with beach balls, walking down Ocean Drive at night, kicking it at Lucky Pierre's, the Pole Position, and. the Malibu Club. I love to visit the Maison Wenifall and Front Page Café in the morning after a long night on Ocean Drive. Hanging out at the swimming pool at Marina Sands, Chariot, Ducum Inn, and Standing Vice Point hotels. Kicking back at the North Point Mall and Washington Mall, or grabbing a boat from Ocean Beach Marina and cruising the ocean. There's things in Vice City/Florida that you don't get in Liberty City.

Wrong LC dude.

Artillery

I think VC was boring. Wasn't anywhere really to go. confused.gif

No, Liberty City was boring. Wasn't anywhere really to go.

libertycitymobster326

Miami in real life is pretty boring so it was accurate lol