Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,838 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Koofteh

New Launcher for GTA IV?

Koofteh

I bought EFLC on disc from the store, so I have to put in the disc for each game whether I want to play GTA IV or the new episodes on the new disc.

So what the heck is the point of the old GTA IV launcher giving me the option to launch EFLC? It's just for those who bought through LIVE? This is really stupid, I guess there's' no way to link the disc version to it.

Thanks a lot whoever made the disc versus download so different and confusing, I still don't know what radio stations I did or didn't get because I didn't go the download route...

GTA_dog

The EFLC is a stand-alone game.

Cyrus H
I bought EFLC on disc from the store, so I have to put in the disc for each game whether I want to play GTA IV or the new episodes on the new disc.

So what the heck is the point of the old GTA IV launcher giving me the option to launch EFLC? It's just for those who bought through LIVE? This is really stupid, I guess there's' no way to link the disc version to it.

Thanks a lot whoever made the disc versus download so different and confusing, I still don't know what radio stations I did or didn't get because I didn't go the download route...

Episodes from Liberty City doesn't include Grand Theft Auto IV, nor does it require Grand Theft Auto IV to be played.

Koofteh

Gee, I had realized that you guys.

I just figured the fancy new launcher for all three games would still work regardless of how you acquired the two expansion packs. But as it launches GFWL window to buythem I assume it is neither for the EFLC standalone disc or even the Steam download version either probably. Additional confusing as to what you do and don't get with each purchase method.

How stupid, now every time I launch GTA IV I am greeted with the option to purchase TLAD/BOGT even though I already own and have installed those. I suppose I will just go ahead and uninstall the old GTA IV as there is no new content for the old game regardless of GFWL or standalone disc and as such worthless to even just cruise around in. The expansion packs include all the stuff from the old game except the music (unless you go GFWL route), correct?

Weirdo.

No, that is not correct. GTA IV isn't hidden within EFLC, because it is missing a number of key essential files.

Koofteh

I took another look at the new launcher for the old GTA IV, and it definitely gives you two options - one for GTA IV and the other for 'Episodes from Liberty City'.

That is where my confusion arose, because as far as I know EFLC is the title of the double disc pack you buy in person and not the DLCs. I feel like I'm being harshly judged here for asking a stupid question, but it's Rockstar who messed things up. They should have given you the option to launch "The Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony" instead of "Episodes from Liberty City" if the combined launcher is strictly for use with DLC.

And as for EFLC not including GTA IV, again, not dealing with an idiot here people. I know that. What I'm saying is if you have already done Niko's missions in GTA IV there is no point keeping it installed as the city and much of the other stuff is identical. What would I miss out on by cruising around in EFLC instead of vanilla GTA IV?

Koofteh

To sum up:

• Episodes from Liberty City is strictly the 2-disc package that is completley standalone.
  • The new launcher in the old GTA IV shortcut is only for the DLCs that you get through the internet.

• Therefore, the new launcher is using the name of the wrong product. Therefore mistake on Rockstar's part.
user posted image