Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,964 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rockstar Toronto

GTA IV PATCH 6

Question

Rockstar Toronto

We’re proud to announce a new title update is coming to owners of the original GTA IV PC that includes all the enhancements found in Episodes from Liberty City. The title update is now available for download through Games for Windows – Live. We will be hosting a downloadable version on our support site which you can find here:

http://support.rockstargames.com/help/rock...s/IV_Patch_1060

Thanks to all our fans for supporting us.

GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Rockstar Games Social Club

• Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

• Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

• Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

• A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

• Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

• Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

• User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

• Improved memory management

Multiplayer

• Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content

• Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes

• Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

• Fix floating street textures

• Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

• The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

• Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus

• "RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations

Edited by Rockstar Toronto

1,180 answers to this question

mega160

WHEN WILL THE PATCH BE AVALIABLE AND WHEN WILL THE DLC BE AVALIABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Vercetti Thug
WHEN WILL THE PATCH BE AVALIABLE AND WHEN WILL THE DLC BE AVALIABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Rockstar said he will post when it is up and ready.

Maybe you should GET YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY FIXED WHILE YOU WAIT!!!!! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

customkingpimp

Wow. This is exciting. Cant wait to see how this patch improves performance. First I check my bank today and see that amazon charge for EFLC from my preorder, and now a new patch. kick A**

mega160
I'll post when MS informs me that the Title Update and the DLC's become available on GFWL.

What do u mean by soon....

is that like 1 hour

5 hours

1 day

Rockstar Toronto

I am still awaiting news on the release. I'll keep you all posted once I get an update.

Jask777
lol Boris has already invented the moon with his ENB series for GTA IV (but not lunar phases i think).

But nonetheless great update.  icon14.gif

cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

he didnt invented it -_-

well he first got it working on GTA IV... no?

Indi
I am still awaiting news on the release. I'll keep you all posted once I get an update.

Any E.T.A.? Hour or you can't make an E.T.A.? smile.gif.

mega160

Rockstar can you say if the dlc will be out before the end of the day

Its 5 pm pacific time

gamerzworld
I am still awaiting news on the release.  I'll keep you all posted once I get an update.

It's out of Rockstar's hands. It's up to the Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live team now to release it. Considering how slow they usually are though....

death783

That is fan-bloody-tastic!

Indi
I am still awaiting news on the release.  I'll keep you all posted once I get an update.

It's out of Rockstar's hands. It's up to the Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live team now to release it. Considering how slow they usually are though....

Oh, right didn't know that, cheers mate! icon14.gif

Tyrael8765

still no fix for the "Money given to tramps" problem (i give money to them but it's still 0$ on the stats screen)? quite sad...

Tsuroki

Props to you guys. Hopefully I can start playing the game reasonably well on my system now. tounge.gif

quadomatic

anybody know how much each episode will cost on GFWL?...or how much space they take up?

Jigglyass

Look R*, I'm not asking you to successfully divide by zero here. All i ask is will there be ANY content difference between the two DLC on that disk and the two DLC you can download via Ms marketplace.

Thanks.

mega160

R* Y 21 minutes ago

The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony go up on PlayStation Network and Games for Windows LIVE on Tuesday in North America at 12:01AM Pacific time

Hydro_PT

Look R*, I'm not asking you to successfully divide by zero here. All i ask is will there be ANY content difference between the two DLC on that disk and the two DLC you can download via Ms marketplace.

Thanks.

If you have read through the last posts, you would find the answer. More precisely, given by me. wink.gif

I wonder why people just skip to the last page without reading what's behind lol.

Since I'm a nice guy ( tounge.gif ) here's a quote of my post for you:

@JigglyAss: The retail edition will have extra radio stations that the DLCs don't have, but if you buy the retail edition, you won't be able to listen to GTA IV's songs anymore. And it will work as a separate game. Basically the retail version of Episodes From Liberty City is a standalone expansion for GTA IV. Like Episode Two for Half-Life 2. You will need to install and launch EFLC and then choose TLAD or TBOGT. If you want to play GTA IV, you also need to have it installed and launch it separately.

So yes, there is a difference in content. EFLC = all songs from both DLCs and 3 exclusive radios. DLC = new songs + GTA IV songs - the 3 exclusive radios.

Edited by Hydro_PT

Jigglyass

Thanks.

If you have read through the last posts, you would find the answer. More precisely, given by me. wink.gif

I wonder why people just skip to the last page without reading what's behind lol.

Cool.

Makes sense.

Narchotic

Would it be possible to confirm whether the patch fix's the micro stutter bug for users who're running 58xx series cards, or is it an ATI driver related problem?

Currently back using my gtx 280 as the constant stuttering renders the game unplayable on the 5870.

Cheers

Indi

Wish MS would hurry up, it will definitely be here within the next two hours, been watching "The Office" to save up time...

quechus13
lol Boris has already invented the moon with his ENB series for GTA IV (but not lunar phases i think).

But nonetheless great update.  icon14.gif

cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

he didnt invented it -_-

well he first got it working on GTA IV... no?

on PC yes but on Xbox 360 and PS3 No.

Darth Yokel

Maybe after this patch I'll be able to actually play it on my PC with more then recommended specs biggrin.gif

dukee152

Is this gonna come tommorow?

ObsessedWithGTA4

Just a thought. It would think that getting the DLC would be a better idea then getting Retail since the DLC will sorta integrate into IV instead of retail EFLC being on its own. I would think this would make IV mods work with EFLC DLC right away as they share the same code as IV. Although this new patch will make us start all over on scripthook and asi mods and what not but once we have new hooks I see us having 2 versions of mods. 1 for EFLC and 1 for DLC/IV.

I am not a scripter but I am a friend of Sjaak's, the creator of Simple Native Trainer and we have talked about this on several occasions weather or not EFLC Retail Disc will check for a IV install then "patch" its way in there the way the DLC would OR just install as its own game. Its also a possibility that we may have to create mods specifically for IV, TLAD, and TBOGT after this new patch.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

BTW this new patch looks promising.

Jigglyass
Would it be possible to confirm whether the patch fix's the micro stutter bug for users who're running 58xx series cards, or is it an ATI driver related problem?

Currently back using my gtx 280 as the constant stuttering renders the game unplayable on the 5870.

Cheers

I got a 5870 2GB and i get no shuttering whatsoever...

DRMetzger

Looks like a pretty solid patch, thanks for all your hard work, not sure if this has been asked here yet but will the guns behave as they should with this patch or is there still no recoil?

Lodis
Just a thought. It would think that getting the DLC would be a better idea then getting Retail since the DLC will sorta integrate into IV instead of retail EFLC being on its own. I would think this would make IV mods work with EFLC DLC right away as they share the same code as IV. Although this new patch will make us start all over on scripthook and asi mods and what not but once we have new hooks I see us having 2 versions of mods. 1 for EFLC and 1 for DLC/IV.

I am not a scripter but I am a friend of Sjaak's, the creator of Simple Native Trainer and we have talked about this on several occasions weather or not EFLC Retail Disc will check for a IV install then "patch" its way in there the way the DLC would OR just install as its own game. Its also a possibility that we may have to create mods specifically for IV, TLAD, and TBOGT after this new patch.

I originally pre ordered the the DLC content in Disk format but canceled earlier on after hearing Rockstar Toronto's comment and will get the download instead. It makes much more sense, it will be nicely integrated and like you say, it could have other potential impact. I have so many great Mods installed that anything that will make them more likely to work on the new version is very welcome.

illspirit

I originally pre ordered the the DLC content in Disk format but canceled earlier on after hearing Rockstar Toronto's comment and will get the download instead. It makes much more sense, it will be nicely integrated and like you say, it could have other potential impact. I have so many great Mods installed that anything that will make them more likely to work on the new version is very welcome.

I'm guessing the DLC and the patch will both change enough memory addresses and such to require updates for any trainers and hook mods.

AnUnoriginalName

Hey guys, I have GTA IV from Steam and I've been using a variation of the Ultimate Graphics Tweak (thread for it here), will this mod be necessary after the patch or should I probably delete the files that are modified and download the originals from Steam just to be safe? Thanks in advance.

quadomatic

Still no word on price of DLC or how many GB?