2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Saints Row 2 (PC) The worst game I've played...

Engioc

"Quit crying and buy a console, PC's suck and are only made for text editing programmes and messenger BS."

"PC gamers had it comming, they shouldn't illegally dowload so much software in general.".

"Saints Row is just good and you know it, buy a Xbox360 and the game on said platform (because PS3 has no games)".

Hmm, what other kind of comments could I add? Oh yes:

"You GTA(IV) fanboys are just hating on Saints Row because it's better!!!!"

And;

'BAWW PC R BEST U DUMASS KIDS BAWW"

Your usrename describes you well.

And no, I am not saying that PC is superior to consoles or the other way around, I play with my PC and Xbox regularly and I've even been thinking about buying PS3.

And I agree with most people. To me, Saints Row 2 felt like a lame toy after playing GTA IV so much.

James_Earl_Cash

The PC version is complete garbage. Maybe the console versions are better, but PC isn't even worth a cent. Pirate it if you must try it, because it doesn't even work right on 99% of PCs.

Useless Dave
"Quit crying and buy a console, PC's suck and are only made for text editing programmes and messenger BS."

"PC gamers had it comming, they shouldn't illegally dowload so much software in general.".

"Saints Row is just good and you know it, buy a Xbox360 and the game on said platform (because PS3 has no games)".

Hmm, what other kind of comments could I add? Oh yes:

"You GTA(IV) fanboys are just hating on Saints Row because it's better!!!!"

And;

'BAWW PC R BEST U DUMASS KIDS BAWW"

Your usrename describes you well.

And no, I am not saying that PC is superior to consoles or the other way around, I play with my PC and Xbox regularly and I've even been thinking about buying PS3.

And I agree with most people. To me, Saints Row 2 felt like a lame toy after playing GTA IV so much.

First off, piddles, my name is from a video game.

Second off, that joke is nowhere near original.

Third, I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to fullmetal.

But yeah, PC gamers are always complaining about console gamers being kids, while practically crying about it in the same post. The butthurt is delicious.

GTA3Freak-2001

The ones who proclaim SR2 as better then GTA4 are those who are butt-hurt that Rockstar didn't do another game like San Andreas or to be less offensive to those the ones who just flat out prefer senseless and over the top crazy antics then a more subtued and gritty tale found in GTA4. To me Saints Row 2 is just the crap you find in fast food places, you know its not great but you know it tastes pretty good and you enjoy it for what it is.

James_Earl_Cash

Just as a little example, this morning I went to see Cop Out. Paid a good $20 for my drink and popcorn plus ticket, then sat down and made myself ENJOY the movie. A few nights back, I watched Mulholland Drive. Made no sense at all, but left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling that I knew came from viewing something that is classed as art.

If I was gonna watch one of those movies again, I'd go for Mulholland Drive. It was much more fulfilling, and I am 100% positive that there would be something I'd missed the first time around. Saints Row 2 is what it appears like on the top. GTA IV is not; it goes much deeper. That said, I don't particularly like GTA IV, because it took realism way too far. Just Cause 2 is by far the better this-era sandbox game. But if I had a choice between playing GTA IV again, and Saints Row 2 for the first time, I'd definitely go for GTA.

I can't speak for the PC SR2, but on the 360 version I have only got about an hours gameplay out of it. The car physics are incredibly basic, and it just didn't appeal to me. Whereas I have GTA IV on 360, PS3 and PC and have got many hours of gameplay out of it.

I'm undecided wheather to get this game tomorrow. But £14.99 seems a little overpriced. I could get EFLC for £10 more..

James_Earl_Cash
I'm undecided wheather to get this game tomorrow. But £14.99 seems a little overpriced. I could get EFLC for £10 more..

Do NOT get Saints Row 2 for PC. Don't even THINK about it. Consoles, alright. PC? No. No, no no.

Do NOT get Saints Row 2 for PC. Don't even THINK about it. Consoles, alright. PC? No. No, no no.

Yep, console I'm considering. My PC cant run sh*t.

if the game sucks for pc, then mod it. that's really all you can do, or play a different game.

I had it for the PS3 and thought it sucked... maybe thats because i didn't really get into it because the car handling reminded me of simpsons hit and run suicidal.gif

• 12 years later...

I don't think the problem is with the PC port....it's with the entire game in general

In order to do mission you have to refill your respect time before doing them otherwise the game will prevent you from doing that mission u desire and forces you do some other dumb things to refill your respect bar and proceed ahead to whatever mission you like available on your map, the missions I am talking about are not that great really they are all samey, just run and gun and boom, that's it pretty much reminds me of The Lost and Damned experience but without bikes and a biker boss shouting at you

The controls are horrible, camera is horrible and the game entirely is jaggy as sh*t, it plays like old game from 2004 or something hell even GTA 3 had better movements and animations, Also the driving in this game feels much worse than Roblox driving mechanics and physics and trust me i played a lot of roblox car games and racing videogames and I am very certain about what i am saying the driving in saints row 2 is garbage nothing to be compared to GTA or scarface or even the godfather game

Gunplay is okay but not responsive as I expected from a game made in 2007-2008 but it does the job as wanted most of the time they had good variety of weapons and projectiles, the melee combat in this game tho is awkward and something wrong with it IDK what exactly but everytime i try to melee combat someone in the game it makes me uncomfortable the combos are cool tho I just have to mash buttons to make it happen

Story is not that great especially if you have never played Saints Row 1 before, characters are not that good to remember expect that guy in purple beanie who helps you break out and Johnny Gat because of course you know who it is "Johnny Gat the only man who can turn heaven into living hell baby!"

AI is also a very noticeable flaw in the game of how stupid the NPC's are, they keep standing still shooting at you like dumbasses until you die and it gets worse when they gang up on you, it's almost impossible to flee the police chase and gang pursues and for some reason random NPC's attack you for no reason although they are not gangs, crazy people maybe?

I really liked the customization in the game it did what GTA San Andreas wanted to do but couldn't due to PS2 limitations, pretty much all what GTA planned and scrapped during development Saints Row 2 did it like for example Condo customization and furnishing and that minigame from GTA 4 that was cancelled called Rezzurection they recreated the idea as "Zombie Uprising" it's okay but not as fun as what GTA 4 made it sound like but they did it anyway, you can put on tattoos and multi layer clothes pretty much stuff we never asked for but they did it to make themselves cooler than GTA in anyway possible, only thing I didn't like about the customization is the voice of my character some kind of ugly british/england accent that doesn't fit my character's look and age LOL

Performance on all ports are bad but they are less worse on consoles while PC is horrible for no good reason at all like you said in the description, Despite all these years no modder managed to fix this and all they did was mods and adding dumb stuff from another games which makes performance even worse sadly the Multiplayer is dead now I tried Openspy and seems like nobody playing this piece of trash anymore they just like talking more than seeing the fact, Saints Row fanbase is delusional when it comes to this game

Game is not bad it can still be fun and enjoyed if u have never played a videogame in your life before but it needs to be fixed, sorry about my late reply but I just got this game yesterday and deleted off my PC after 4 hours of gameplay, waste of time

GTA 4 Forever

Lock n' Stock

Would like to hear this dude's thoughts on the reboot, lol

In seriousness, some real horror stories about the PC port. The Gentlemen of the Row mod is probably the best fix because let's face it, that patch probably isn't getting finished for a long time (if ever).

• Like 3