Radiation In Bone County- Big Ear

raindrops

ok, I stumbled across this today. I was driving near the Big Ear in Bone County. I saw a flash of light near the Shooting Spring and noticed it was just a couple Peds with cameras taking pictures of it. There was one person that is usually always driving a semi truck, but he kept walking around the Shooting spring. When he came around I noticed something pretty Funny. You tell me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vzzrxt.jpg

Now For anyone that doesn't know what the big ear is- http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/The_Big_Ear

The name 'The Big Ear', given by local residents, is ironical, as there have been complaints that the radiation of the telescope causes children to be born without ears.

So so some of the peds in this area only have one Ear? I searched for about an Hour and could not find any other ped with one ear. Very strange, but here is another picture of that same guy below.

http://i41.tinypic.com/smveix.jpg

Edited by raindrops

Hmm, that's pretty intersting.

Does he only look like that when he is around that place?

Try looking for him in some other place and check his ears.

Awesome! Now need to check if he spawns in other locations with both ears. If he does - then it is an awesome find 6 years after SA came out!

Ok, I went out searching for this same ped today. I went searching for him in Bone County, but a good distance away from the perhaps radiation fallout zone.

The picture below is a screen shot of the area I was searching. Its maybe tthree or Four miles away from the Big Ear. I Found the Ped again, this time with both of his ears.

Before I link to the screenshot, here is a map of the area of interest.

The RED circle is where I found him With BOTH Ears. The BLUE circle is where he was found with only his Right ear. The YELLOW is the location of the Big Ear itself.

http://i41.tinypic.com/25klkyt.jpg

Now here is a Screenshot of that same Ped with both ears. He was driving a big Truck. I jumped on the hood of the truck and took the screenshot. I would post the pictures in this page but this forum doesn't resize them, and my PC runs at a High Resolution.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1217s7t.jpg

If the NPC is in a different situation it 'might not' be the same skin.

You should have pulled him out of the cab.

If the NPC is in a different situation it 'might not' be the same skin.

You should have pulled him out of the cab.

I found him out of the truck today. Well, he was in the truck and I jacked him. He wanted to beat me up so I ran away and took a screenshot when he was running towards me.

http://i42.tinypic.com/rrqyc9.png[

Ok, well Here is a Map of the Estimated Radioactive Fallout zone. RED being the most concentrated, Orange being moderate, and Green very little.

It does make sense, that the small

town of fort carson is partially in the fallout zone

user posted image

Edited by raindrops

I'm sorry, but I'm a awfully lot skeptic about this. I'm not one of those YouTube dwellers or conspiracy theorists, ready to shout 'FAKE!', but it looks like a Photoshop job.

Edit - I just checked, and what I see with the naked eye, I saw with the zoom tool.

In the first picture provided, the ear was chopped off by means of a swift stroke with a medium, soft brush.

He seems to be playing maxed out, and his textures look quite pretty. However, where the ear should be, there is a big blob of solid colour, as opposed to the varied texture of the hills behind. In fact, he even ignored the angle change back there.

In the second, it's the same - The textures exhibit an immense detail as far as shading goes. However, where the ear should go, there's an unblended blob of similar colour.

Edited by Canoxa

ZMHer.png

TcLvb.pngGyRHV.png

I don't know if its fake or not, but it looks edited. Look closely at both pictures, there might signs of it being Photoshopped or MS paint-edited

I have no idea about the first picture, but like Canoxa said, there is a slight color change where his ear is supposed to be. Also, the side of his head looks chopped off... confused.gif

The second pic shows evidence of editing, though. There is a untextured blob where his ear is supposed to be, and that blob in no way matches the detailed model of the guy. Compare the man's face with where his ear is supposed to be, and you can see a clear difference.

Also, a ped's model shouldn't change for no reason. I've seen this guy plenty of time; he always looked the same each time I saw him. Unless they have 2 types of the ped (which I highly doubt), then there should never be a difference.

I really have a feeling that you are trying to start one of those GTA SA myths again, due to the fact that you are taking this WAY too seriously, and that you are even putting pics of a "radiation zone" in the area where you "found" him. Seriously, don't try to start that bullsh*t again. It's Rockstar; they put little jokes throughout their games just for fun, not for retards to take advantage of them, and make other gullible people fall for it. No one here wants another Bigfoot epidemic; if your trying to do that sh*t, then go somewhere else, cause its not going to work. yawn.gif

Edited by Dstrickt

The first picture looks believable but the second one doesn't. Plus, you've "found" this guy once without an ear and you can already pinpoint the locations that are affected by radiation, not only just which places but how much the radiation is concentrated? That's not believable. The map is complete garbage. As for the pedestrian missing the ear; I'll wait for more evidence from other trusted boardmembers before commenting further.

Next time, see if you can show us a video.

Yes, I am waiting on an additional hard drive for my computer so I can use that to save the video data. Just using one hardrive to run the game, AND capture the video can cut the frame rate in half. I will be using Fraps.

Yeah, the seoncd picture looked fake to me too.

So I went to the heyser yesterday and saw the ped myself.

With both ears attached to his head.

Need more proof or it didn't happen.

This guy is just trying to get attention. I have no idea how a video is supposed to prove this, unless the vid so crappy that it makes him LOOK like he has one ear.

Unless he gets extremely good, non-edited proof, I'll keep in mind that this is fake.

If he can't get real proof, and keeps up this "finding":

/thread

What makes you think he didn't lose the ear in a Bar Fight.

if it was Radiation (30 or so) years ago how come there arn't more?

Graphic lag.

/thread

nah, my comp doesnt lag in San Andreas maxed out. Its a rather old game mind you. I received my hard drive in the Mail today, and will try to post a video up on youtube.

MadcapSmoky22

You damn freaking ignorants, check it by yourself and then comment. I was scouting about for 15 minutes in the area where the screen was taken, and noticed the same guy without ear, just STFU please and check it by yourself.

user posted image

Graphic lag.

/thread

nah, my comp doesnt lag in San Andreas maxed out. Its a rather old game mind you. I received my hard drive in the Mail today, and will try to post a video up on youtube.

You definetly need to do some dictionary searching.

Doesn't matter how good computer you have or how big dick you got but graphic lags pretty much haven't got anything to do with the thing they're running on.

@Madcap: I don't actually even own San Andreas, but please don't judge me by that.

It might be possible, but I'd rather have video proof than a picture from a game 6 years old meaning the graphics sh*t theyreselves pretty easily. But cool if this is true.

Edited by Cheat

8wjrzl.png

You damn freaking ignorants, check it by yourself and then comment. I was scouting about for 15 minutes in the area where the screen was taken, and noticed the same guy without ear, just STFU please and check it by yourself.

Thank you.

I got the Xbox version, i'm gonna check right now.

EDIT: It's total bullsh*t. I just checked and in the area, it's always the same peds, which is the farmer/cowboy class. That ped doesn't appear with them. From all the peds I checked they all have both hears. That guy just probably made a cheat or something that made appear the mecano ped in the area so we wouldn't find it.

I call bullsh*t. He even made a map of the radiation area, how can you know the area? You said you saw it once so how can you be so accurate in your map? Don't try to start a new myth.

Edited by NikoGTA4

I got the Xbox version, i'm gonna check right now.

EDIT: It's total bullsh*t. I just checked and in the area, it's always the same peds, which is the farmer/cowboy class. That ped doesn't appear with them. From all the peds I checked they all have both hears. That guy just probably made a cheat or something that made appear the mecano ped in the area so we wouldn't find it.

I call bullsh*t. He even made a map of the radiation area, how can you know the area? You said you saw it once so how can you be so accurate in your map? Don't try to start a new myth.

False, that ped can be seen everywhere in the area. Others had NOT a problem finding him, but have had a problem seeing only one of his ears.

A member above has stated he has seen him too, and with 1 ear.

I used Hypercam to capture A video of the ped. I went up to a truck he was driving and punched it. he got out and started to run at me, and punch me. I got it all on tape

even tho the frame rate isnt good at all.

The video is still processing so give it time for better Quality. Its almost in 720p so its not horrible quality just bad framerate. Watch in Full screen. Theres no sound.

CLICK FOR VIDEO VIA YOUTUBE

This time the Ped was found in this area below, which is about 200 yards down the road further from where I saw him previously.

user posted image

Edited by raindrops

lazloisdavrock

Thats neat, I believe you because today I saw the same thing, and having Madcap above saying this too proves some points. Really good find.