3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SammiiDoogles

GRAND THEFT AUTO V: VICE CITY

Packers
Crap! That's some amazing work. I like the different features that you put into the game. The only problem that I see is the time era. If they were to continue the story, at least in my opinion, I think that they should keep everything in the 80's like they had in the first Vice City. That means that you would have to get rid of all those modern weapons. Besides, I think it would look better if you saw a 1970's charger driving down the street rather than a 2000's Honda Civic or something. In my opinion, tradition would look a lot better rather than modernizing the gameplay.

I hope they make the next GTA, Vice City, continue the story from the last one, keep all the same characters like Tommy Vercetti, Cortez, Kenny and others. That would be totally kick a**! smile.gif

Yes,

1970s muscle > Ricers.

I HATE ricers! 80s is the best decade also, esp for Vice/ Miami setting.

shepherd

Rockstar would love this!

Sanjeem

Very good still. This should be your intro Song. This would be an awesome Intro, It suits Vice City so much! Picture This song playing whilst looking at your character on a Building over-looking Ocean Beach!!

GTA IV Roleplay
Very good still. This should be your intro Song. This would be an awesome Intro, It suits Vice City so much! Picture This song playing whilst looking at your character on a Building over-looking Ocean Beach!!

Nahh...

More like something like this wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaxGLNx_jb0

woody242

Spectacular. Only I feel there should be an automatic pistol, maybe a M93 Raffica. Also a bolt action rifle, instead of the PSG-1 (cos thats in enough GTAs) an L85 or R700.

icon14.gif great work icon14.gif

Matt21

Too be honest, I don't see why R* need to pay for staff when I think many of the people here would be pleased to help them for nothing.

With work like yours, and by the way, I love the idea, who needs designers and writers?

Vice City is my favourite III-era GTA and if the next GTA was even slightly like this, (and the more like this the better), then I would be very pleased.

I know ! lol.gif You have put in alot of work, without getting paid! biggrin.gif VERY good stuff!! icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

cookie.gif

SammiiDoogles

Thanks for all the comments guys, I been uber busy with stuff lately but as soon as I get time expect a huge update biggrin.gif

Ash_735
Crap! That's some amazing work. I like the different features that you put into the game. The only problem that I see is the time era. If they were to continue the story, at least in my opinion, I think that they should keep everything in the 80's like they had in the first Vice City. That means that you would have to get rid of all those modern weapons. Besides, I think it would look better if you saw a 1970's charger driving down the street rather than a 2000's Honda Civic or something. In my opinion, tradition would look a lot better rather than modernizing the gameplay.

I hope they make the next GTA, Vice City, continue the story from the last one, keep all the same characters like Tommy Vercetti, Cortez, Kenny and others. That would be totally kick a**! smile.gif

Yes,

1970s muscle > Ricers.

I HATE ricers! 80s is the best decade also, esp for Vice/ Miami setting.

Ugh, seriously, if we're going back to Vice, it can't be in the 80s, we've had two games set there during the 80s, I love the 80s, but for f*ck sake can we get something a bit different, Modern Miami has a lot of things ripe to be GTA-ised, and guess what, cars from the 1970s and music from the 1980s can still be played in 2010!!

Setting a game in VC again and setting it in the 80s again would just be soo damn lazy, yes people bang on and on and on about how great Vice City, and it was, it's great, it's unique, so why spoil that with a rehash? VCS was good, but not as good as VC but the soundtrack, cast and atmosphere was brilliant and covered a lot of the early 80s stuff fine!

GTA IV got away with it because Liberty City as the main thing is totally different and in Seven Years, a lot of the modern days things have changed compared to what was around in GTA III's Modern Day.

Basically, I feel that Rockstar have got all they can from a 1980s storyline anything more would be scraping it a bit, where as there is loads of things they could work with in a modern day Miami, imagine TBOGT, pumped up, expanded, a lot more detailed with many more clubs from Dance Clubs, Hip-Hop places and even 1980s themed bars, it'd be brilliant.

Vecceti

This is Rockstar quality right here

Fantastic work

Only things wrong have already been stated and I guess the minimap on the HUD could've been more creative but still spectacular

iLiaWneK

The map has been updated! It's 6AM now so I think I'm going to go to bed, I have nothing on tomorrow so I thought I'd stay up and finish this off.

I've got a few ideas over the night for a story, So if you're interested in helping me out then send me a PM and I'll give you my msn and we can talk about it properly

Anyway, Here's the new map - It's also in the first post

Make sure to click it to see all the blips, locations and other stuff:

[map]

I love the map but what's the difference between them?

"click here to see the full version with BLIPS, ACTIVITIES AND LOCATIONS"

.2D

I really hope someone from rockstar has a look at this and uses it, its brilliant.

If this was the next GTA, id buy it. (With more missions of course tounge2.gif).

icon14.gif

SammiiDoogles

More missions have been planned, executions have been written, a gang table has been made with info on them.

UPDATE SOON.

RomanViking

The map is completely unlike Miami. Look at Google maps man! happy.gif

Electro, House & Dance

Where is Massive Attack? Angel man, Angel.

Robberies sound good. And lots of effort was obviously put into your concept game.

But to be honest, the potential game described doesn't seem to offer anything new...

You should have more insights on how the game innovates. Like for example, will the car chases be better? Will the police be smarter? Will cars peel out better? Will crashes be visceral?

I already built an empire in the Scarface game. So to hold my interest, a new GTA would need some seriously visceral and very real gunfights and car chases.

WF the Hobgoblin

Well aren't you a persnickety creature?

RomanViking

Yeah well, the majority of GTA fans seem to want more of a life sim, than a genuinely fun or innovative game.

I want vastly better police AI, and better car chases.

If I'm in a car, just sitting there, and I slam down on the gas button --- I want the car to peel out.

Police need to be capable of a car chase. Right now the game relies heavily on respawning more and more cops ahead of the player instead... whatsthat.gif

Police chases should be a fun part of the game, rather than just a frustrating hindrance while you're driving to a mission starting point.

And lastly, when on the rare occasion that cops somehow keep up in their cars, they shouldn't be leaning out their windows and unloading machine gun fire --- which quickly renders your car on fire which will soon explode... mad.gif

You guys may be completely fine with near broken police AI, and boring car chases, and 70+ mediocre missions rather than 30 good mission, but personally I want the game to move forward again.

GTA IV was a step forward for physics and visuals, and slightly for AI. And for the next GTA game I expect another leap forward. And if visuals can't be made much better, they should still be putting work into more functional AI and physics --- and more responsive controls.

WF the Hobgoblin

You hear thar SammiiDoogles? You better get to work on improving the AI and game mechanics or RV won't buy your game.

SammiiDoogles
Yeah well, the majority of GTA fans seem to want more of a life sim, than a genuinely fun or innovative game.

I want vastly better police AI, and better car chases.

If I'm in a car, just sitting there, and I slam down on the gas button --- I want the car to peel out.

Police need to be capable of a car chase. Right now the game relies heavily on respawning more and more cops ahead of the player instead... whatsthat.gif

Police chases should be a fun part of the game, rather than just a frustrating hindrance while you're driving to a mission starting point.

And lastly, when on the rare occasion that cops somehow keep up in their cars, they shouldn't be leaning out their windows and unloading machine gun fire --- which quickly renders your car on fire which will soon explode... mad.gif

You guys may be completely fine with near broken police AI, and boring car chases, and 70+ mediocre missions rather than 30 good mission, but personally I want the game to move forward again.

GTA IV was a step forward for physics and visuals, and slightly for AI. And for the next GTA game I expect another leap forward. And if visuals can't be made much better, they should still be putting work into more functional AI and physics --- and more responsive controls.

Lol, since when was this about IV's poor Police AI?

This is a concept thread about location, features etc.

Not about the AI and whatever, I didn't really think it needed detailing.

Plus, I didn't once say anything about it having IV's police AI ? So how can you just assume?

I'll add some stuff about police AI and stuff in the next update then if its needs doing...

WF the Hobgoblin

I'll add some stuff about police AI and stuff in the next update then if its needs doing...

It doesn't. Most people here understand the concept of these concept threads.

RomanViking

The point of this forum section is to discuss how the game could be made better wink.gif

Right now the police chases are hopelessly boring and oftentimes are not even actual chases.

The police are widely viewed as an annoying hindrance who just slow you down, rather than a fun section of the game.

You shoot some people or get a wanted level, and you speed away in your car --- but it just doesn't feel satisfying or even well thought out at all. The police 9 times out of 10 are completely incapable of a simple vehicle pursuit.

What should be the main focus and appeal of the game, has now been almost completely thrown away and left to rot.

Rockstar probably realized they might have to actually put some effort and know-how into some speedy efficient pathfinding AI, so instead of taking on the daunting task they just threw the idea away, and turned GTA into a life sim.

How is it that, in the PSone game Driver 2, the police cars will skillfully pursue you in and out of traffic and around corners, but now 10 years later a wildly popular crime game with a 100 million dollar budget, has police that are incapable of the equivalent task?

Yeah they can get out of their cars and shoot you in GTA, but I'm talking specifically about the driving portion here.

Sorry for bitching, but if people don't bitch about problems (that should have been fixed and perfected 5 years ago), the problem will never be fixed.

Hey You

Wow you certainly put alot of work and sweat into this. This would make a fine game. The problem I see with the missions are, If you let Rico be killed then you won't have any allies/Friendlies/Friends to work for/with. Unless someone from Ricos past calls him up and introduces him to a whole batch of new characters.

SammiiDoogles

The point of this forum section is to discuss how the game could be made better wink.gif

Right now the police chases are hopelessly boring and oftentimes are not even actual chases

The police are widely viewed as an annoying hindrance who just slow you down, rather than a fun section of the game.

You shoot some people or get a wanted level, and you speed away in your car --- but it just doesn't feel satisfying or even well thought out at all. The police 9 times out of 10 are completely incapable of a simple vehicle pursuit.

What should be the main focus and appeal of the game, has now been almost completely thrown away and left to rot.

Rockstar probably realized they might have to actually put some effort and know-how into some speedy efficient pathfinding AI, so instead of taking on the daunting task they just threw the idea away, and turned GTA into a life sim.

How is it that, in the PSone game Driver 2, the police cars will skillfully pursue you in and out of traffic and around corners, but now 10 years later a wildly popular crime game with a 100 million dollar budget, has police that are incapable of the equivalent task?

Yeah they can get out of their cars and shoot you in GTA, but I'm talking specifically about the driving portion here. 

Sorry for bitching, but if people don't bitch about problems (that should have been fixed and perfected 5 years ago), the problem will never be fixed.

This thread is nothing to do with IV or its seemingly broken police AI.

Stop saying "this needs its Police AI fixed"

It's a concept thread; Ideas about a new game, setting, and story.

I cannot physically make this game and it's AI.

So stop complaining about GTA IV's police when this has nothing to do with GTA IV, take the complaining to the IV board and make a topic about the police AI there and discuss it.

SammiiDoogles

Wow you certainly put alot of work and sweat into this. This would make a fine game.  The problem I see with the missions are, If you let Rico be killed then you won't have any allies/Friendlies/Friends to work for/with. Unless someone from Ricos past calls him up and introduces him to a whole batch of new characters.

Haha yeah, Rico isn't the only character tounge.gif

You'll meet a lot more people along the way - this is 12 missions in lol

There's a loooong way to go ;P

For example; at mission 12 in SanAn you're only just at "Robbing Uncle Sam" doing the burglaries.

So there is a lot of time for more characters smile.gif

Edited by SammiiDoogles

grandsanman

u should add helicopters to the vehicle category, and put in gta 4s beloved UH-60 blackhawk back in colgate.gif

Hey You
Wow you certainly put alot of work and sweat into this. This would make a fine game.  The problem I see with the missions are, If you let Rico be killed then you won't have any allies/Friendlies/Friends to work for/with. Unless someone from Ricos past calls him up and introduces him to a whole batch of new characters.

Haha yeah, Rico isn't the only character tounge.gif

You'll meet a lot more people along the way - this is 12 missions in lol

There's a loooong way to go ;P

For example; at mission 12 in SanAn you're only just at "Robbing Uncle Sam" doing the burglaries.

So there is a lot of time for more characters smile.gif

Yea that's true. I just thought killing lenny in the first part of the game and making a decision whether or not to kill rico was a little much.

But hey it's your game right?

Looking forward to reading more. You work have inspired me to think about coming up with my Own. GTA: Vancouver or something tounge.gif

SammiiDoogles

HUGE overhaul in progress.

I'll be chaning up the colour scheme a bit as I've grown to dislike it - it feels too brash and tacky.

I'll have a new map with the districts marked out on it, a sheet with all the gangs operating in Vice City, some new Executions for various weapons and some other little goodies!

Stay tuned wink.gif

SammiiDoogles

HUGE UPDATE

Head over to the first page of the thread to see the changes, including;

-A new map, detailing the districts of Vice City

-A new "Gangs" Section, with an in depth write up on my new vision on gang heat and the results on drug dealing

-A table showing all of the gangs, including their territories, info and colours

-Entirely new graphics with a less tacky colour scheme

-A new HUD

-New section headers, a little softer and easier on the eye

-Oh and... a new Island, based on Colombia, Bogota and it's surrounding islands...

check it out guys wink.gif

Edit: I don't wanna triple post so I'm just going to edit this (although a bump would be nice, seeing as I put so much work into this update and it's just sunk back down the board confused.gif kind of disheartening but anyway)

I'll keep updating this aslong as there is interest in it. Future updates will see;

-New wanted level, with tweaks to the current one and new features including police actions

-Updated soundtrack

-Missions

-Drug dealing, distributing, buying and importing will all be elaborated upon.

Edited by SammiiDoogles

Cyrus H

I love this thread and every part of it.

txdeditor

This thread is so god damn big! It's possibly one of the best ones ever, and I pretty much like it because I am a big fan of VC.

Although I don't like three things :

1.The fact that it's set in 2009, seriously, IV was enough for these days, Now I want something classic.

2.The map, It's too far away from Miami, It should have at least few aspects from actual miami to look like it, but now it's pretty much messed up, I mean airport, downtown and beach in one island ? that's just completely not miami.

3.District names, You shouldn't use too many VC names, because GTA VICE CITY was supposed to be called GTA MIAMI so R* used too many actual real Miami names such as "ocean drive" or "washington" (and of course, IV LC had completely different names from III LC so you should do the same thing)

You could also do the full cars list.

cheers mate wink.gif

LordDastardly

VC was my favourite in the III era of GTA by a long shot - if the next GTA was Vice City, like this, it would be amazing! Especially modern day because, as has been previously said, I don't think it is possible that R* to recreate the 80's any better than they did with VC.

And, by the way, the map is amazing, (along with the rest of this thread).

You really have a lot of skill, keep up the good work! icon14.gif

SammiiDoogles
This thread is so god damn big! It's possibly one of the best ones ever, and I pretty much like it because I am a big fan of VC.

Although I don't like three things :

1.The fact that it's set in 2009, seriously, IV was enough for these days, Now I want something classic.

2.The map, It's too far away from Miami, It should have at least few aspects from actual miami to look like it, but now it's pretty much messed up, I mean airport, downtown and beach in one island ? that's just completely not miami.

3.District names, You shouldn't use too many VC names, because GTA VICE CITY was supposed to be called GTA MIAMI so R* used too many actual real Miami names such as "ocean drive" or "washington" (and of course, IV LC had completely different names from III LC so you should do the same thing)

You could also do the full cars list.

cheers mate wink.gif

I kept it modern because like a couple people have said; They captured the feel of the 80's perfectly with the original, and I don't think there'd be too many other interesting times that would work with VC.

Plus BoGT showed they could create that same vibe with modern day settings, so that's why I chose 2009 smile.gif

Also, the map isn't directly based on Miami, it just takes some influence from it in places and is located around the same place. I don't see the appeal with the maps mirroring their real life counterparts...

There's not too many district names from VC, plus they're iconic so it feels right using them imo.

As for the cars; i created an image with the new vehicles, I'm not a fan of lists and I'm not adding all the cars previously in GTAIV/EFLC to it because everyone has seen them before.