3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ash_735

Vice City Stories: PC Edition

Claude_Lib

Looks cool, but personally I don't like the transitions, would looks miles better with either a cross fade or fade through black.

Ash_735
3 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

Looks cool, but personally I don't like the transitions, would looks miles better with either a cross fade or fade through black.

Funnily enough an idea I wanted to try was to have the foreground (character) fade out first, then transition the background then fade in the foreground, but that idea was rejected as it was too different from the original, and _AG wanted to have it GTA IV style where the foreground would be moving to the left or right, which was rejected because that'd feel like it'd be too "HD-era" like. So we just all decided on keeping the original snap transitions (which will be slower in the actual build, in the video they're just forced).

Maverick512
On 5/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Ash_735 said:

So since some of you want SOME kind of progress report well I guess I can talk about this here, I've already mentioned how we've redone UI assets and such to be better quality and higher resolution to not look so dated and rough, plus we wanted to bring it up to the quality of the mobile releases (since we never got one), so of course that means we're doing the RADAR, going back and forth working with @Nihilist. doing corrections, fixes, changes and visual tweaks to improve the look of the radar for the player, rather than just be a simple redraw we're keeping as close to the original style as possible but adding in the details that were on the original VC radar and comparing them to map renders (done with our own exports from @The Hero and being cut into usable chunks by @guard3). You've heard us talk about it so the only new thing to do is show some actual comparisons to the original assets to give you an idea of the frontend work we're doing for this now.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

And as a special side thing, we will also be offering a side download of these in even higher resolution for those of you with 4k screens/wanting to use these in RAGE titles.

Ash_735 the next version of GTA VCS PC could also have a lateral link to download radar textures and hud all in its original version for those conservative users is OPTIONAL.

guard3

Did you really have to quote the entire huge ass post?

Ash_735
On 5/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, George Costanza said:

Would it be possible to add switch to use font what PSP used for weapon hud? The pager one looks weird as part of main hud and since it's different on PSP, there is a reason for it to exist.

This was discussed whether to be a permanent change or to offer it as a toggle but both ideas were rejected. 

Maverick512

I hope you apply in the mod the format of 2D particles of the .CFG format seen in the GTA of the 3D era with the exception of GTA San Andreas.

LaDiDa

That's some nice progress right there. Hopefully we'll one day truly have a great PC version of VCS.

Maverick512
On 5/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, Ash_735 said:

As Nihilist already said, a mix of both, the VCS radar is near enough a copy of the VC radar, it was used as a base, so the faults on the VC radar are present here, then Rockstar just edited the map in places where they made changes, possibly showing more changes planned or just complete oversights, they didn't also account for Empire Buildings, so in places where the buildings were removed to make room for the Empire, they still show the old building, etc, so it's a combination of all those things that we're just going over and correcting/fixing, and the main goal for Nihilist being to provide vectors of these since no one in the community really paid attention to the Stories titles in terms of reworking/remastering/making HD.

Another sneak peak, a bit of a controversial design change but I felt like the wanted stars in the Stories games were never quite right (they were way too low res), LCS Mobile completely changed the design, taking inspiration from the beta version (but having a completely different shape), so for VCS we wanted something closer to original but also paying homage to the stars of GTA3/VC, and that's where the idea to base them off the Police Bribes came from (you'll also see the new hud font here which is closer to the original game but in a much higher resolution)...

unknown.png

I like the HUD style it looks like the GTA Liberty City Stories mobile hud.

Franklin Toreno

Can I play a full mission walkthrough now or what?

Ash_735
9 hours ago, Franklin Toreno said:

Can I play a full mission walkthrough now or what?

We have no scripter, so no.

Franklin Toreno
58 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Did they shut down the project? What mission does the game end with?

guard3

The same as before

Ash_735
1 hour ago, Franklin Toreno said:

Did they shut down the project?

And here in folks is why I don't bother sharing updates and stuff, because no matter what we work on people just consider this project dead unless missions are being done.

George Costanza

hqdefault.jpg
So is project dead?

AmigaMix
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

And here in folks is why I don't bother sharing updates and stuff, because no matter what we work on people just consider this project dead unless missions are being done.

While I've certainly seen the kind of reactions you're referring to, he might have simply made a mistake by typing:

Did they shut down the project?

instead of

Did they quit the project?

, seeing as english isn't his first language...

I know I'm playing devil's advocate here, but whatever.

Edited by AmigaMix

Franklin Toreno
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, AmigaMix said:

While I've certainly seen the kind of reactions you're referring to, he might have simply made a mistake by typing:

instead of

, seeing as english isn't his first language...

I know I'm playing devil's advocate here, but whatever.

What's your point?

On 5/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, Ash_735 said:

I was just asking a normal question. I never meant that you're effortless. I was told many times by many people that the project got dropped. It'd be cool if you added more side missions like the balloon hunt and gang wars.

2 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Edited by Franklin Toreno

guard3

There were posts showing latest small progress a few days ago.

AmigaMix
19 minutes ago, Franklin Toreno said:

What's your point?

Your post was implying that the departure of VCSPC's scripters would be enough to shut down the project, even though the previous page shows that this is not the case.

If you did, in fact, mean to type "shut down" and not "quit"... you were gleefully ignoring the projects non-mission-progress, and ash would thus be, as I see it, rightfully pissed of.

Franklin Toreno
23 minutes ago, AmigaMix said:

Your post was implying that the departure of VCSPC's scripters would be enough to shut down the project, even though the previous page shows that this is not the case.

If you did, in fact, mean to type "shut down" and not "quit"... you were gleefully ignoring the projects non-mission-progress, and ash would thus be, as I see it, rightfully pissed of.

I wasn't aware of it since I jumped to conclusion that there are no missions, correct. But since I haven't downloaded it for two years with the same result I was kind of disappointed. Anyways, I have noticed quite improvements since I have downloaded the old built by mistake. He gave quite an effort for many small details I can't deny that.

Maverick512

So if you are not going to address the issue of missions it is best to launch another update with changes and particles and other things just to not leave the project here because although people want missions would not mind that they launch another update.

Ash_735

Uhhhh yeah, that's what we've been doing, there's just no immediate plans for another public release as most focus has gone on cracking names.

Maverick512
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, Ash_735 said:

On 5/17/2019 at 4:19 AM, Ash_735 said:

8 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Uhhhh yeah, that's what we've been doing, there's just no immediate plans for another public release as most focus has gone on cracking names.

Leave your sarcasm just saying it because in the comments it says that the project is dead because there are no scripters.

Edited by Maverick512

Ash_735

I won't leave my sarcasm, it's a needed thing to deal with drive by posts declaring the project dead because we can't do missions. 

The project is still going, just not working on the things you guys want, we've asked for help, we didn't get it, what more do you want from us? Let us work on the sh*t we can do when we feel motivated to.

Maverick512
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

I won't leave my sarcasm, it's a needed thing to deal with drive by posts declaring the project dead because we can't do missions. 

The project is still going, just not working on the things you guys want, we've asked for help, we didn't get it, what more do you want from us? Let us work on the sh*t we can do when we feel motivated to.

How many members are currently working on Vice City Stories PC Edition and what is needed to participate in the team.

LaDiDa
Posted (edited)

Probably someone with a professional way of communicating that is able to do scm coding that's not shoddy.

Edited by LaDiDa

Maverick512
15 minutes ago, LaDiDa said:

Probably someone with a professional way of communicating that is able to do scm coding that's not shoddy.

VCS TEAM It already has its own tools to edit the SCM Scripts Some months ago I changed some scripts and that made the game have more animations of VCS but that work is already lost.

Franklin Toreno

Boomshine Blowout is he'll out of buggy and the crates keep getting destroyed.

guard3

Good

Franklin Toreno
Posted (edited)

I'm quite disappointed that ten years have passed and the project is not done yet. But still quite an effort given for small details.

Edited by Franklin Toreno

Ash_735
37 minutes ago, Franklin Toreno said:

I'm quite disappointed that ten years have passed and the project is not done yet. But still quite an effort given for small details.

Wow, the entitlement. You've clearly not been following the project for all of that time otherwise you'd know it's not been constantly worked on, been restarted a few times and was dead for a couple of years .

But sure, you be disappointed at us and give some side shade for not working on the missions cause that will make us magically conjure up an SCM scripter. 😛