Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Ash_735

Vice City Stories: PC Edition

Recommended Posts

"Blonded"

@Ash_735  Do you have advert MeTV and V-Rock 

PLEASE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
7 hours ago, "Blonded" said:

Who has the (pictures) advert MeTV and V-Rock .txd
PLEASE... 

I wanted to get them out of file by workshop but error!!! 

Try using Magic TXD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Blonded"
7 hours ago, Maverick512 said:

Try using Magic TXD.

Wow..thanks..bro

I LOVE VCS 

Because it is the only GTA of the 3D universe regular in everything:
adverts, vehicles (engines), radio and more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XdetraxX

Ash_735  Gta VCS PC Edition is still polish project or not ? And who do you need to help exactly . Because i think that I have one guy to help but this  guy is  from Poland. And maybe i will find other people but  i must know what they need to know . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HackMan128

Hey

 

Polish people can be crude but many are talented. Besides, the project is not racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XdetraxX

Okey . So  who do you need for the project . Someone from  scripting , programming or something  else ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735

Sadly as the years have gone on and the team has expanded it's no longer just a Polish project anymore (back then the entire team was from Poland with me being the exception), it's now more a community project as we have people from various points in the world contributing to the project and research/documentation. But since you're asking, well, here's an outline of what would benefit us right now...

 

MODEL DOCUMENTATION

Help cracking the names we still don't have, this is a long and slow boring process but needs to be done. This role is working with @The Hero and @guard3.

 

TEXTURE DOCUMENTATION

We're currently at around 4,900 textures, this role is helping out @Ash_735 and @guard3 document textures with their correct names based on assets from GTA3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Liberty City Stories and Manhunt.

 

MAP EDITORS

Knowledge in 3DSMax is essential, we're going to be pretty much fixing up the map and correcting mistakes once everything is exported and adding in some minor details to make better use of the engine, this role would be working with most of the team in some form.

 

VEHICLE EDITOR

Mainly working with @guard3 on the side in case any vehicles require corrections or fixes (majority are done though).

 

TRANSLATORS

Main focus is to complete EFIGS along with Polish and Brazillian-Portuguese, ideally would prefer native Spanish, French and German speakers for this role as those are the languages currently being neglected. Russian language support is also in consideration as the 8th language. Would be working with other translators on the Dropbox and @Ash_735

 

SCRIPTERS

Knowledge in SCM and GTA3script Toolchain is ideal here, mainly to analyse the differences between opcodes, test what could be used instead, etc, build up a script base, etc. Would mainly be working with @nick7 and @guard3.

 

WHAT WE DON'T NEED

Art or texture editors, we already work close with @Nihilist. as well as a few other people and have this area covered very thoroughly. However once apart of the team you'll be able to see and vote on direction and work done by these people and @Ash_735.

 

 

MOST IMPORTANT, we need people who can follow and take directions, preferably have a DropBox account, all input is considered but be prepared to have ideas rejected or to have them go through multiple revisions, also be prepared to have team members go silent for weeks on end as real life commitments do take over.

 

I'm sure other team members will also chip in if they're seeking anything else in particular but if you think you can be a valuable asset to the team then feel free to get in touch on here or on Discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jericho'

@Ash_735 So the mod is still alive?! 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XdetraxX

@Ash_735 could you give me your discord .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
On 4/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ash_735 said:

Sadly as the years have gone on and the team has expanded it's no longer just a Polish project anymore (back then the entire team was from Poland with me being the exception), it's now more a community project as we have people from various points in the world contributing to the project and research/documentation. But since you're asking, well, here's an outline of what would benefit us right now...

 

MODEL DOCUMENTATION

Help cracking the names we still don't have, this is a long and slow boring process but needs to be done. This role is working with @The Hero and @guard3.

 

TEXTURE DOCUMENTATION

We're currently at around 4,900 textures, this role is helping out @Ash_735 and @guard3 document textures with their correct names based on assets from GTA3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Liberty City Stories and Manhunt.

 

MAP EDITORS

Knowledge in 3DSMax is essential, we're going to be pretty much fixing up the map and correcting mistakes once everything is exported and adding in some minor details to make better use of the engine, this role would be working with most of the team in some form.

 

VEHICLE EDITOR

Mainly working with @guard3 on the side in case any vehicles require corrections or fixes (majority are done though).

 

TRANSLATORS

Main focus is to complete EFIGS along with Polish and Brazillian-Portuguese, ideally would prefer native Spanish, French and German speakers for this role as those are the languages currently being neglected. Russian language support is also in consideration as the 8th language. Would be working with other translators on the Dropbox and @Ash_735

 

SCRIPTERS

Knowledge in SCM and GTA3script Toolchain is ideal here, mainly to analyse the differences between opcodes, test what could be used instead, etc, build up a script base, etc. Would mainly be working with @nick7 and @guard3.

 

WHAT WE DON'T NEED

Art or texture editors, we already work close with @Nihilist. as well as a few other people and have this area covered very thoroughly. However once apart of the team you'll be able to see and vote on direction and work done by these people and @Ash_735.

 

 

MOST IMPORTANT, we need people who can follow and take directions, preferably have a DropBox account, all input is considered but be prepared to have ideas rejected or to have them go through multiple revisions, also be prepared to have team members go silent for weeks on end as real life commitments do take over.

 

I'm sure other team members will also chip in if they're seeking anything else in particular but if you think you can be a valuable asset to the team then feel free to get in touch on here or on Discord.

 

Sorry for all my time outside of GTAForums although I think that no one could be interested I was a long time without Internet and now we have again, I'm working on the Spanish language since I do not think any of you can speak and there are problems with characters from Spanish as (Ñ) ÁÉÍÓÚ¡! ETC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
On 4/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, Maverick512 said:

 

Sorry for all my time outside of GTAForums although I think that no one could be interested I was a long time without Internet and now we have again, I'm working on the Spanish language since I do not think any of you can speak and there are problems with characters from Spanish as (Ñ) ÁÉÍÓÚ¡! ETC.

Don't worry about how it looks in-game for now, can you speak English well too? Because that's a factor here as we don't want any mistranslations or google translate stuff in the project 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
23 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Don't worry about how it looks in-game for now, can you speak English well too? Because that's a factor here as we don't want any mistranslations or google translate stuff in the project 😛 

I understand some English but not fluent at least not right now but I understand a lot I want to belong to the team because there are currently no members who speak Spanish and understand and at least what I can help with something that someone else is not currently working on there are errors with Spanish characters that Rockstar Games introduced but that the VCS TEAM team has eliminated as MINUS áéíóú MAYUS ÁÉÍÓÚ and the Ññ ¡!¿?.

 

But still I am able to work extracting material and copying in the right place from PS2 SPANISH.GXT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
31 minutes ago, Maverick512 said:

I understand some English but not fluent at least not right now but I understand a lot I want to belong to the team because there are currently no members who speak Spanish and understand and at least what I can help with something that someone else is not currently working on there are errors with Spanish characters that Rockstar Games introduced but that the VCS TEAM team has eliminated as MINUS áéíóú MAYUS ÁÉÍÓÚ and the Ññ ¡!¿?.

 

But still I am able to work extracting material and copying in the right place from PS2 SPANISH.GXT

OK, so first off, don't just edit the GXT, we have an actual translation folder where GXT's are built from. Second, don;t worry about how it looks in-game, we know the characters don't display the right ones, that's due to the fontmap not being updated, something which will be done later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

OK, so first off, don't just edit the GXT, we have an actual translation folder where GXT's are built from. Second, don;t worry about how it looks in-game, we know the characters don't display the right ones, that's due to the fontmap not being updated, something which will be done later.

 

Ash_735 What is your Dropbox?.

Edited by Maverick512

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenneth Rosenberg

Hi Ash and all the developers it has been a while since i've checked up on VCS for PC. Has much changed game wise since Beta v3.0 Blue Hesper as that is what i've still got on my hdd currently. Thanks and keep up the good work especially considering we haven't seen a new GTA game for almost 6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
45 minutes ago, Kenneth Rosenberg said:

Hi Ash and all the developers it has been a while since i've checked up on VCS for PC. Has much changed game wise since Beta v3.0 Blue Hesper as that is what i've still got on my hdd currently. Thanks and keep up the good work especially considering we haven't seen a new GTA game for almost 6 years.

Blue Hesper is currently the most Stable build mission wise. The most recent E3 2018 build is technically a lot better and more advanced but a lot of those engine changes have broken parts of the script which remains untouched, so it's more prone to crashing, but looks better and feels closer to VCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
On 4/7/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ash_735 said:

OK, so first off, don't just edit the GXT, we have an actual translation folder where GXT's are built from. Second, don;t worry about how it looks in-game, we know the characters don't display the right ones, that's due to the fontmap not being updated, something which will be done later.

Ash_735 If you need me to help in the SPANISH.GXT area with the language let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenneth Rosenberg
13 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Blue Hesper is currently the most Stable build mission wise. The most recent E3 2018 build is technically a lot better and more advanced but a lot of those engine changes have broken parts of the script which remains untouched, so it's more prone to crashing, but looks better and feels closer to VCS.

 

Thanks was just wondering if any more missions had been ported over mainly i'll check it out for the graphics improvements. Had this version since 2015 so would be interesting to see what has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
Posted (edited)

 

Is there any kind of information available about the mod?.

 

I mean what plans do you have for the mod and how it looks now?.

Edited by Maverick512

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kumieee

Hey, by any chance, is this still alive? Is there another update to it? I'm itching to play this game but I don't have a PSP, and my computer is too outdated for a consistent PPSSPP framerate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kumieee said:

Hey, by any chance, is this still alive? Is there another update to it? I'm itching to play this game but I don't have a PSP, and my computer is too outdated for a consistent PPSSPP framerate.

The most recent update is E3 2018, check the first page. If you need information about the mod at this moment the team is remaking the map then it is a long and constant progress, but also the team studies and works in real life.

Edited by Maverick512

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
On 4/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, Maverick512 said:

 

Is there any kind of information available about the mod?.

 

I mean what plans do you have for the mod and how it looks now?.

Well at the moment, as we've stated, it's going to be a big gap between the last release and the next, we're focusing on the map, getting it converted with proper names, adapting the "knackers" texture system, then fixing the map, and then adapting the mission scripts to make use of the new map (and potentially expand on missions again). What's not been shown yet is the UI updates, pretty much most textures and overlays have been improved resolution wise or made more accurate and menu fixes (looking to have the frontend/menus finished off so things look clean and fresh), amongst those changes include...

 

- New Loading Screens (7 in total so far) that will scale according to aspect ratio

- Remade LOGO and Title sequence (now in 720p)

- Map Screen, Controller Settings, etc, finished off

- A side option "Console Menu", so if you prefer you can have a PSP/2 style menu

- Redrawn radar (including so many fixes and corrections because Rockstar Leeds just didn't care in most areas) and Blips

- Remastered overlays for weapons (aim sights, etc)

- Ability to change Reflection Quality (you can now lower it to PS2 style [Low], or increase it to be better looking [Very High], default is [Medium])

- Safe Zone scale (Lowest is PS2 style, Default is Modern Safe Zone standards, Highest is close to the edge)

- All fonts have been finished in higher quality

 

That's what we have on lock so far and will be in the next build, but our main focus is still documentation of file names, etc, I'd like to get some translations under the belt too but that's not a necessity, and of course just other general clean up things like vehicle fixes (models and textures), corrections, bug fixes, etc. We know people have been waiting a long time for this project which has been on and off but I do feel like I want a release to be substantial for you guys out there, the small releases are fine but we mainly just get the same complaints over and over (mission stuff, etc), so I'd like to make sure the next one is something big at least under the hood wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
2 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Well at the moment, as we've stated, it's going to be a big gap between the last release and the next, we're focusing on the map, getting it converted with proper names, adapting the "knackers" texture system, then fixing the map, and then adapting the mission scripts to make use of the new map (and potentially expand on missions again). What's not been shown yet is the UI updates, pretty much most textures and overlays have been improved resolution wise or made more accurate and menu fixes (looking to have the frontend/menus finished off so things look clean and fresh), amongst those changes include...

 

- New Loading Screens (7 in total so far) that will scale according to aspect ratio

- Remade LOGO and Title sequence (now in 720p)

- Map Screen, Controller Settings, etc, finished off

- A side option "Console Menu", so if you prefer you can have a PSP/2 style menu

- Redrawn radar (including so many fixes and corrections because Rockstar Leeds just didn't care in most areas) and Blips

- Remastered overlays for weapons (aim sights, etc)

- Ability to change Reflection Quality (you can now lower it to PS2 style [Low], or increase it to be better looking [Very High], default is [Medium])

- Safe Zone scale (Lowest is PS2 style, Default is Modern Safe Zone standards, Highest is close to the edge)

- All fonts have been finished in higher quality

 

That's what we have on lock so far and will be in the next build, but our main focus is still documentation of file names, etc, I'd like to get some translations under the belt too but that's not a necessity, and of course just other general clean up things like vehicle fixes (models and textures), corrections, bug fixes, etc. We know people have been waiting a long time for this project which has been on and off but I do feel like I want a release to be substantial for you guys out there, the small releases are fine but we mainly just get the same complaints over and over (mission stuff, etc), so I'd like to make sure the next one is something big at least under the hood wise.

 

There is a lot of what you have achieved and it is good you are absolutely right. When you need help with the translation, I can volunteer. I know I am from america and I handle English well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triasadi

Hi,

Is there a way to fix this bug? I'm stuck inside the safe house

Spoiler

2q2qo8w.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waper1234

Maybe try SA trainers. Get some grenades and kill yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triasadi
On 4/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, waper1234 said:

Maybe try SA trainers. Get some grenades and kill yourself.

I couldn't find the trainer, but I typed a cheat code that got me one and it worked. I never played teh VCS story, it turns out that this was because my safehouse should be Phil's old house 😂

 

Anyone can pass O, Brothel, Where Art Thou? It's a really bugged mission, the cholo's shotgun can destroy a car in one shot and 1 hit kill me, the game crashes a lot as well. Anyone having the same problem?

4g2c0o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guard3

About the shotgun being too powerful, you can reduce the damage in weapon.dat yourself. SA has a hardcoded damage multiplier for shotgun, so original VCS data made it too powerful, but we don't have an update that adresses this. About the mission crashes, sowwy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.