3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ash_735

Vice City Stories: PC Edition

Mafia Assassin®
11 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Since development on this has halted due to lack of time/interest/hate from the community, we highly recommend people go check out the Liberty City Stories PC project instead as that stands a much higher chance of being finished. Sorry to have kept you all waiting over the years but without a mobile release from Rockstar nor a dedicated scripter from the community on board we're just constantly playing catch up and without any help it does take a toll, throw in the hate I personally get for my views and it leaves me in a state of why even bother anymore trying to arrange and organise a project and throwing any spare time I have into this project and pushing the team as much as possible when I personally can do work in other communities where I get paid for it and deal with a lot less sh*t. I love VCS PC, I love the original VCS even though it has flaws, but right now unless there's a big change you can consider this project back on hiatus. Once again, divert your attention to Liberty City Stories PC for any actual hope of playing a finished Stories game on PC and be sure to help out Surya926 if he asks for it.

Totally understandable. Trying to finish the game in its current state, without any source like a mobile version, it would almost be like you guys were trying to create a new game from the scratch (except that you would be receiving nothing in exchange). It's a shame nonetheless.

Edited by Mafia Assassin®

Male01

We don't blame you for this. In fact, we honor you for your dedication to this projects and all of the progress that was made. After seeing the previous pages, it can be understood why the project has reached this point. I would have been really happy if this mod were at least an accurate recreation of the free roam in VCS or have had the side missions if not the story, but seeing your progress makes me glad that you at least put effort into this mod. The mod reached a point where it was truly its own game and was something many of us looked up to. Even though vcspc.dll never loaded for me, at least all of your posts reflect how far this has gone. I understand if it is all the work you have to do without the mobile release. I understand if it is being tired of users who pay absolutely no attention to anything and only bump the thread by several pages. I understand if it is not receiving appreciation if not anything in return. What matters is the fact that you cared and tried. Even if you do not have any unreleased content or patches to form a new build release, it was still great to have all of the things that you did manage to add when you were working on this mod. Nothing could have beat this mod for me, except maybe GTA Underground Stories, but at least your efforts did see the light of day and I am grateful for what you gave us.

Just so you know, I am using the word you as a plural. There are many people to thank for achieving this much progress in the mod.

Edited by Male01

Ash_735

Just to point out even though I am the project lead, a LOT of the recent work was brought on by other team members such as @The Hero, @guard3, _AG, NoskillX and artwork contributions from community members, especially @Nihilist. (which I've always enjoyed working on, taking peoples submissions and adapting that to fit the project and giving feedback, etc was one of my favourite aspects in this role), and trust me I'm extremely proud of the progress made and the documentation in recent months (we NEARLY got all of the original map names and we near enough started with nothing!). So without them I alone wouldn't have done the WIP builds, so they deserve a lot of praise there.

marcinn25

Sad but totally understandable. Hope some miracle will occur and one day you'll surprise us with "hey guys, we have just done this and that, here's a new build, and R* released VCS for Android which we use as a source so we'll speed up now". 

Meanwhile, good luck with whatever you're thinking about.

DragonSC

So people, don't report crashes about missions because no one will/could fix it atm.

justin50

can you share the latest build after E3 2018?

Razor_BladePL

No.

AxA

2018-10-26-00-25-01.png
2018-10-26-00-27.png

2018-10-26-00-27-02.png

guard3

Eyegasm :)

Spoiler

Still no idea why the fire on the door doesn't show up x(

Twinax

Any news ?

marcinn25

Don't expect any progress at the moment.

Just read the last post from the previous page so you'll find out why. 

guard3

Quick little update. New bonus vehicle: Tahoma
Remodeled to match VCS style, prettify it a bit and also make it look more like its real life counterpart (SA model is so generic, ew)
GTA__Vice_City_Stories_5_11_2018_11_26_0

GTA__Vice_City_Stories_5_11_2018_11_03_5

GTA__Vice_City_Stories_5_11_2018_11_22_0

GTA__Vice_City_Stories_5_11_2018_11_13_2

Spoiler

For reference
SA:
latest?cb=20091023114537

IRL:
25268640012_large.jpg
an1115-225974_3.jpg?1446847528000

And a quick little note: the project is still on hold. There are still names to crack, stuff to document and tears upon the scm situation. So just enjoy these pix for the time being 😛 

Derrick Keno

Finally, my dream come true! Great Tahoma. Are there going to be police and taxi versions of this? It looks a bit like a Dodge Diplomat from the front.

Tuckyonald

woah looks good 

Neshoo!

Can anyone tell me if this mod is still in development ? I'm new BTW...

thehambone

No

On 10/20/2018 at 2:33 PM, Ash_735 said:

Since development on this has halted due to lack of time/interest/hate from the community, we highly recommend people go check out the Liberty City Stories PC project instead as that stands a much higher chance of being finished. Sorry to have kept you all waiting over the years but without a mobile release from Rockstar nor a dedicated scripter from the community on board we're just constantly playing catch up and without any help it does take a toll, throw in the hate I personally get for my views and it leaves me in a state of why even bother anymore trying to arrange and organise a project and throwing any spare time I have into this project and pushing the team as much as possible when I personally can do work in other communities where I get paid for it and deal with a lot less sh*t. I love VCS PC, I love the original VCS even though it has flaws, but right now unless there's a big change you can consider this project back on hiatus. Once again, divert your attention to Liberty City Stories PC for any actual hope of playing a finished Stories game on PC and be sure to help out Surya926 if he asks for it.

Ash_735

And that's still the case, everyone should check out Liberty City Stories PC especially after the recent post from Surya showing the amazing progress they've made with the main missions and side missions.

Gummy 

I wouldn't mind seeing more VCS'ed SA vehicles.

CRAZY AL WARD
16 hours ago, Gummy  said:

I wouldn't mind seeing more VCS'ed SA vehicles.

Yeah, especially the Slamvan & Savanna

AkaPreston

That was sad, VCS is my favorite game... how long is this vcs pc will be halted?

guard3

Until there's a map/hashname or scm breakthrough.

Edited by guard3

Kellep
On 11/5/2018 at 10:38 PM, guard3 said:

Quick little update. New bonus vehicle: Tahoma
Remodeled to match VCS style, prettify it a bit and also make it look more like its real life counterpart (SA model is so generic, ew)

-TAHOMA PHOTOS-

Reveal hidden contents

For reference
SA:
latest?cb=20091023114537

IRL:
25268640012_large.jpg
an1115-225974_3.jpg?1446847528000

And a quick little note: the project is still on hold. There are still names to crack, stuff to document and tears upon the scm situation. So just enjoy these pix for the time being 😛 

Amazing car that you have there! Could you also make it for default San Andreas too; this looks way better than the default one!