Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ash_735

Vice City Stories: PC Edition

Tranquil_Suit

I asked this earlier in the thread

I don't get it, R* did East Island so well in original VC. Why didn't they just copy/paste from there?

TJGM

I don't get it, R* did East Island so well in original VC. Why didn't they just copy/paste from there?

You act like people here should know.. I'd like to think it was to reduce the polygon count for PSP.. but that model isn't exactly big and I can't even explain the color.

Edited by TJGM

Ash_735

As we said earlier, it's mainly PSP Models/Textures.

When doing the game they pretty much took Vice City PS2, downscaled the textures and removed some models and additional details, etc, so it would fit on the PSP, THEN added any new VCS stuff. When porting to the PS2, they upgraded those newly added VCS stuff, which covers most of West Island to, etc, but for some reason left most of East Island in PSP quality. I say some reason, most likely just rushed it out, LCS had more care taken to it when going over to PS2 in terms of textures and models, VCS was just rushed out the door with some extra side missions.

Jestic

They did the same with TBoGT on PC, here is one example:

IV PC Bahama Mamas

http://snag.gy/kpNxT.jpg

TBoGT PC Bahama Mamas

http://snag.gy/aAqAB.jpg

Check the texture resolutions. It's using the 360\ps3 textures.

Tranquil_Suit

You act like people here should know.. I'd like to think it was to reduce the polygon count for PSP.. but that model isn't exactly big and I can't even explain the color.

I apologize if the tone of my posts has come over as demanding.

RonBWL

I'm going to report a bug (or a bunch of them), not sure if you guys already noticed this before...

At the moment I'm carrying an Uzi (I think it's called that way lol) in the game, and somehow every time I enter a vehicle, the game doesn't recognizes the Uzi as a weapon for "drive-by", and I simply can't perform drive-bys while in vehicles with that gun, unless I enter the vehicle with the Uzi on my hand.

But when I do so, the gun simply disappears from Vic's hand, but I can still use it.

And on top of that, I hear a very strange sound of gun firing every time I use it, which really reminds me of the "Deagle" gun firing sound or some other gun like that... in other words, the gun firing sound for the Uzi isn't correct at all.

Here are some pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/ZRDxr1P.png (here I am carrying the gun in my hand)

http://i.imgur.com/ITyYGyK.png (after pressing F, I normally enter the vehicle, the gun suddenly disappears but it's still usable)

Don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I hope you guys do find a way to fix it (or at least force the game to recognize the Uzi as a weapon for drive-by, so we don't have to manually select it every time we want to enter a vehicle to do a drive-by).

Also, I have a small suggestion to make... Have you guys ever thought about the possibility of adding a full interior to THIS (check image below):

I already reported this since BETA2, it's a problem with SA's weapon system. The Uzi currently takes Silenced 9mm's slot, making it a pistol so the game can't recognize it as drive-by weapon properly like you said. Same problem with GENRL editing (Ash didn't make changes to it).

Ash_735

Dear Rockstar,

1g65op.png

tumblr_inline_mfcy4iRHDe1rstddl.png

Kalvin

Dear Rockstar,

1g65op.png

tumblr_inline_mfcy4iRHDe1rstddl.png

So what's the difference in this picture? I checked the original in Vice City as you didn't post a picture of it - It seems the same to me apart from the lower resolution textures.

Ash_735

Look at the border on the top :p They used the generic Dark Blue Texture instead of the actual buildings Aqua one, so when it's used on the building, the doors and blank walls have the Aqua boarder, but the windows have Dark Blue, it's very jarring.

Keith Ward

Hey, this may seem like a weird question, but is there a way to extend the length of the timecyc and day at all (maybe through mod form?) or would this screw up the game immensely?

I always feel like the days zoom by too quickly for my liking (especially after playing IV and V) and I've always wanted more daylight and nighttime hours in VCS. Is there anything I can try on my end?

Keith Ward

Wow, that's kinda cool. But yeah, I was looking for an adjustable one, or a way that I can just change it myself (specifically for this mod, of course).

Diablosrouge

isnt there a cheat incorporated in the game that slows down the time?

Ash_735

Sorry there's not been much news, we're kinda busy fixing a lot of crap over here. WashingtonN and WashingtonS are now re-textured up to PS2 quality, and a good handful of texture bugs have been fixed, OceanDRV is a bit of a mess and is actually more difficult to fix as Rockstar really went weird here and changed up the way things are sorted and what textures are used where, etc, especially for the buildings and hotels, I've only corrected the neons and some generics there for now but it's just a mess, haha.

OceanDN is now in game, looking great, might focus my attention there next, CP has been busy fixing anything I throw at him, including a lot of Collision errors left behind by Rockstar. The Malibu Club will be started soon to! If the pace keeps up, then maybe the entire map will be done for Silver Palmetto along with the texture quality boost for the majority of East Island.

Extra Interior wise, that betting shop doesn't even exist in VCS, so we're not going to force that. :p As we said, right now, Malibu, Strip Club and Kings Knuts being open outside of the missions are the basic ones we're going for, anything else is up for consideration as long as it fits.

Audio wise, yes we know the weapons are unfinished, it's not like we've ignored that, SFX has been transfered over to a new method now which will allow SFX to be shipped by us, we're planning the same for SCRIPT to, this will cut down installation time quite a lot as the main bulk of it for Blue Hesper was copying San Andreas' archives and re-building them, but nope, don't need that anymore. this way will allow us to update audio casually to and make things easier for us to sort out when we shift focus back to that.

We're not using Vehicle Audio Hook externally anymore (GOODBYE FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENT), so we'll be sorting out vehicle sound errors to at some point, for now just as a test we've done the Default Radio ID for Vehicles and it works fine (this also cuts down Paradise FM being played all the damn time).

So yeah, we're kinda busy here, and in the words of Rockstar, bit off more than we can chew, things that we have planned have kind of grown out, and of course we have Silent who's obsessed with the small stuff and he's pretty much fixing the engine core wise and right now I'm just obsessed with getting these textures to not look like sh*t. :p And CP and Luten are working away on right now getting as much map work and interiors done, Luten recently finished off all empire exteriors and interiors and the game is spawning them correctly now along with the vehicles for the gangs who own them, etc.

Claude_Lib

You guys are truly awesome! Anything new about vehicles?

WillzyyyGTA

Nice work guys, keep it up! :) Can't wait for the next update, it's going to be mega!

tmitchell48

cant wait to get rolling in 1984 again :)

RonBWL

You guys are truly awesome! Anything new about vehicles?

Map is their main focuz now, so yeah, vehicle's gotta wait =))

_CP_

All road vehicles are done, only boats & helis are to do.

Alek-say

Great news, guys! Hope, I'll see the complete VCS PC Edition. Also, I would like to make the question about sounds a bit clearer for me: Have made sound system easier to put the new sounds without old, random transformation in game?

Claude_Lib

I mean there were some flaws with them. Are they all fixed now?

Edited by Claude Liberty

TheDon316

I Found A Beta Boat of GTA VCS, can include this boat?Ambassador_in_bradygames_guide.jpg

Edited by DonMatteuzzo

Blacklight21

The picture shows the Speeder boat, so there is no way to know how did the Ambassador looked.

CharlesVercetti

This is really great job. Retexturing the map, some of the FrontEnds, Coding,etc.

I can call this,the real "PC Edition"!

TheDon316

The Best Mod (Total Conversion) Ever

George Costanza

You are better porters than R* one :D

Ash_735

Most of the vehicles are done, various bug we'll look at later, as for that boat, fun fact there's actually TWO Speeders in the game, one that's used normally and another one, which we're not sure where it's used, but it has like crazy handling, super fast and overly sensitive, so unless that was the Ambassador?

@Alek-Say: Yes, hopefully, it at least gives us finer control over it so whilst it might not completely be bug free, it should be less hectic than it is now, hopefully enough to stop the weapon cut out bug some people have.

Aerotactics

Most of the vehicles are done, various bug we'll look at later, as for that boat, fun fact there's actually TWO Speeders in the game, one that's used normally and another one, which we're not sure where it's used, but it has like crazy handling, super fast and overly sensitive, so unless that was the Ambassador?

@Alek-Say: Yes, hopefully, it at least gives us finer control over it so whilst it might not completely be bug free, it should be less hectic than it is now, hopefully enough to stop the weapon cut out bug some people have.

http://gta.wikia.com/Ambassador

According to the wiki, that second boat IS the Ambassador, and it WAS cut from the game -- and it still exists as the second Speeder. You guys should take the time to remodel and retexture it. Or just add it to the game as is. The photo is -- in fact -- a photo of the Ambassador, not a Speeder.

George Costanza

Are the sounds still from san andreas, or they are converted? I mean peds

Ash_735

Still San Andreas, like I said, we've got it on a new system, but we haven't actually focused on Sound, the new system will allow us to replace them via updater in future, right now everything still sounds the same, unfinished weapons included, etc. Priority right now is Map and quality control on that.