Animals and Children, why not?

MyDog

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?  

3,871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

• Just Animals
    • Just Children
    • Both Animals and Children
    • None

Not Volt Krueger
Just because it isn't an actual action or real thing doesn't mean it has no rank of reletivity in the real world.

WHAT? I beg to differ. The reason there are no kids is that there is no relevancy of them to be in GTA, not because they are "sick to kill as polygons"

They are in R*'s Bully because they are relevant to Jimmy there. They are not relAtive to Niko Bellic or any other protagonist of GTA or usually any other protagonist in movies that are similar to GTA, so why would they put them there? They Do Not Belong. If they did belong, they would be there.

Rockstar does not give a F about how people feel about terrorism and that. They care how the media regards this sh*t and makes the world crazy and shouldn't get away with it anymore.

It just goes to show how much CLASS they have because they are not making a murder simulator - they are making a tasteful simulation, which would be sullied by children, but not for a second in the way you make it seem. Your statement looks like insane christian radical stuff, that's all. I just want to make absolutely clear to you 100% that NOTHING you do in a video game has any relAtivity to the real world in any way shape or form other than the heat that comes off the machine running it disturbing the nearby temperatures of the room.

I think you should have your kids taken away from you.

Nope, I was nice when writing this til I see this. I think you should have your Brain taken from you. For real. I just told Mark happy bday to his little girl and his response in pm was that of a loving father. You're an idiot. Games have relevance in the real world?! Please, who are you, Jack Thompson? No offense dude - I really have NO hard feelings for anyone I share the web sphere with, but dude, free your mind, you behave like a prisoner of wrong thought.

I'd like to bring to your attention that the military uses simulators with graphics (just like games) to train soldiers to comprehend death.

Another example of this theory of mind-setting is how rome had the colusseum, normal romans would and watch people be killed and it would make them better soldiers.

Of course the roman colusseum is in no place to be ranked with common age videogames, but it's a relevant scenario. Monkey see, money do. That's why we have kids shooting up schools, you didn't see that sh*t back in the day.

As far as my comment about that guy not deserving his kids. I wouldn't have any kwalm with him having kids and playing games and such, but when you type this:

"I would especially like to blow up children and babies with hand grenades, then watch their little bodies tossed into the air like rag dolls whilst the limbs detatch and spread their internal goo across the street, once the heads are detatched I would like to be able to carry the heads around in the trunk of the car and then play football with it wherever I choose, it would be especially cool if you could place the grenades into their little mouths and then have a super slo mo of the ensuing action....... "

It's kind of a wonder what kind of person the kid is going to grow up to be. He may have been joking around, but even finding that funny kind of makes you wonder.

Aussiedesperado

I would love both. However i know its not possible. BTW its not only the media but its the f*cken Mothers Groups that get it banned. Insted of not buying their sons or daughters GTA, or turning off the TV when something they find offensive they complain about it until it gets banned, thus ruining the fun for all of us. the c u n t s!

But when you think about it, the only reason why GTA X would get banned for having kids and animals in it is because its simply GTA. For example. Sims. You can kill kids in Sims. You can lock them in a flamming room. You can starve them. Was that Flammed? NO. Another example. Far Cry. You can kill, blow up and butcher animals. Does anyone give a sh*t? Nahhhh, coz atleast its not GTA.

Boo f*cking Hoo.

I'd like to bring to your attention that the military uses simulators with graphics (just like games) to train soldiers to comprehend death.

Yes, but the Military use actual simulators, these “games” simulate real life situations, which GTA is not, if you think war is anything like GTA or even COD, then your terribly wrong.

Wars normally include more then one guy in the middle of Manhattan with a rocket launcher.

It's kind of a wonder what kind of person the kid is going to grow up to be. He may have been joking around, but even finding that funny kind of makes you wonder.

Its called irony..........

Animals/children are helpless, and innocent in most cases too.

Care come to Afrika without a gun or East London at night?

Here, nice video from CIS.

I don't think translation is necessary.

why doesn't gta just make four pedestrian height levels:

Tall

Average

A little Short

Short

I mean, then if anyone said, Is that a child there... you could say, no how dare you make fun of him! he's thirty two!

midgets anyone?

but it's a relevant scenario. Monkey see, money do. That's why we have kids shooting up schools, you didn't see that sh*t back in the day.

I dissagree, most times its more to do with the way a child has been brought up. neglect, lack of boundaries, over protective parents etc

they are the type of things that cause children to do these things.

"back in the day" parents were real parents too and mothers would stay home to look after their child or is that to close to being sexist to even be given proper consideration?

also in my experence a majority of the kids that do that stuff (and Ive known a few, not any that shoot up schools but..) dont even like/play/own any sort of computer games and have almost always had bad home lives.

Games are just something to blame for bad parenting.

WF the Hobgoblin
That's not the point though it is. By that logic, you could have a game where you play a 40 year old man where you go about raping 4 year olds, and according to you, there'd be nothing wrong with that because they're just "generated pixels".

I'm going play devil's advocate here for a minute and say there is nothing wrong with that either since they are just "generated pixels". Sure it's pretty f***ed up, not exactly my cup of tea, but since they aren't real children, theres really nothing wrong with it.

And there seems to be a lot of judgemental people around here that claim that if you would kill kids in a video game, then you must be some sick twisted individual thats going to do it in real life. Theres plenty of people who think the same about all of us simply because we play gta, a game where you can run around murdering innocent people. I expect the media and idiot politicians to be closed minded and judgemental, but I was hoping this crowd was a little more intelligent.

If you think killing "generated pixels" representing children is wrong then fine, but quit be so self-righteous and criticising others simply because they are not as soft.

Narcis_speed6
atleast dogs and cats...

Did a little bit of data analysis:

*edit* modified to include newer votes 1/23/10*

People who want animals 125 (67.2%)

People who don't want animals 61 (32.8%)

People who want Children 73 (39.2%)

People who don't want children 113 (60.8%)

The most popular non-contradictory options are:

1. People who want animals.

2. People who don't want children.

Suits me.

Edited by reform

I don’t think GTA and animals is a good mix either, I’m just against people making it a ethical thing, instead of seeing it as a gameplay feature.

I'm not a religious person, i'm not a vegetarian and i wasn't even raised by overprotective parents. I just hate people who do mean things to kids and animals just because they feel like it, and it's those people who i'm calling sick if thats why they voted yes because they are interested in things like that (e.g. a pedophile, or a murderer and people like that.) - not someone who just plays gta for fun because they like it.

It wouldn't bother me if they put children and animals in because i would still just go around doing my normal gta thing.

It's good to think about how to make the next gta game more realistic but you all know that at least 1 in every 10 people in this forum would want children and animals in gta x for bad reasons, because you have access to things in gta that you don't have in real life and that can sometimes make some people want to try it thereself because they think that anything that is done in a game can be done in real life. which is oviously wrong ( and yes i used the argue wrong again wow.gif )

I voted for none because even though i don't care i still think that it would ruin Rockstars whole business, gta is one of (if not the only) best selling games in the world, let's keep it that way. wink.gif

Edited by SmC12

While I would like GTA to be more realistic in the sense of kids and animals (perhaps stray dogs and such) inhabit the cities, the media sh*t storm would not be worth it. At the same time, I like GTA how it is...no kids, thats because I dont like children biggrin.gif

I voted for both children and animals, I think it would be cool having your own dog with you on GTA and taking it wth you wherever you go, and i think they should put children in the next GTA as well because the only child you see is in GTA VCS which is Is Louis' baby

I would say teenagers maybe, but any child under the age of 12-13 is a big no-no.

If Rockstar were to do this, they should make some type of mission where you save a child. How this would work, I have no idea, but it would silence some arguments and accusations the media will have over the game.

I voted for both, I agree with mike752, but don't have them any younger than 10 years old, or then again they might not put children in gta games because of all the bad things you can do in it, but it would be cool to have Children. And Animals like stray dogs spread throughout like in urban areas and sometimes in alleyways and maybe even some on the beach, and you can walk your dog. And you could have pet cats and you find stray cats around. smile.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gificon14.gif

Edited by R* Rocks
user posted image

I would not play this game if there was children. Think of that if you had a child and you were waiting him/her to come home, and a bad guy would come and shoot or kidnap him/her. I don't want that in games. I voted none.

Animals: Maybe sharks, police dogs and country side animals if it is San Andreas.

Children: No offence but it would be stupid if children were in GTA NeXt.

If Rockstar were to do this, they should make some type of mission where you save a child. How this would work, I have no idea, but it would silence some arguments and accusations the media will have over the game.

They could completely remake that SA mission but replace the girl with a kid XD

If Rockstar were to do this, they should make some type of mission where you save a child.  How this would work, I have no idea, but it would silence some arguments and accusations the media will have over the game.

They could completely remake that SA mission but replace the girl with a kid XD

And then you date the kid and have hot coffee with them?

No thanks.

Im just used to GTA having no kids and animals in it, if the next one will have them included it would be a bit strange.

Grand Theft Auto fan

I would want animals and children for the next GTA. If the location is somewhere, that have a lots of forest. In the forest could be bears, mooses, and many more animals, that lives in the forest.

when you point your gun at a kid, the aiming stops and you can't aim at a kid, nor kill him. If you throw a grenade, no matter if kid is caught in the blast, he's intact.

Otherwise, certainly not-it'll be cruel.

grope_4_that_date
None, because it's bad and R* would get their asses sued. It's simple as that.

i think animals would be ok, they're going to be in RDR anyway, which is going to have more animals than the disney's animal kingdom

but kids, oh yeah, hell no haha lol.gif

I haet Mudkipz
None, because it's bad and R* would get their asses sued. It's simple as that.

On what grounds? Nowhere does it say you can't put things like that in a game.

On Bully, there are dogs and rats that I just love kicking the sh*t out of.

Now if I use a gun instead...

no way in hell should they put kids in gta ever!!! confused.gif

with poor car handling, you might run down 5 kiddies at once by accident mercie_blink.gifbarf8bd.gif

dont pretend youve never hit at least 10 peds by accident since youve been playin iv sarcasm.gif

and in MP you dont kno how many sick bastardos you might see runin over or guning them down just for fun in freemode barf8bd.gifmercie_blink.gif

i mean... come on !!!

Not Volt Krueger

I just re-thought and my opinion is changed a bit. No children or cats/dogs. But i wouldn't mind..

- Bears in the forests, just for a kind of fun feature. Have to fill it with lead for it to actually die.

- Horses, to be used as an extra mode of transportation. Once again just for fun, I can't imagine a scenario where you would want to kill a horse....but some kids parents put their cigarettes out on them, sh*t happens.

Either than those two I think too many more animals would just make the forests seem like a woodland fantasy. You would have to buy the horse of course.

On Bully, there are dogs and rats that I just love kicking the sh*t out of.

Now if I use a gun instead...

Somebody had a troubling childhood...

id like it if there was a kid in the story and cutscenes , but no where else. if there was like a 10yr old son of like a mob boss , and he never gets killed in the story , i would think that would be great.

EDIT : i just figured , what about mods and stuff? people would change it so kids are peds and you could kill them.

Edited by Curtly