Animals and Children, why not?

MyDog

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?  

3,871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

• Just Animals
    • Just Children
    • Both Animals and Children
    • None

No, don't make them unkillable, it's a damn tease. I'd rather no kids than invincible ones.

You could say the same about buildings.

"If I can't detory it, we don't need it!"

General Goose
Maybe kids that run away the moment you start causing a kerfuffle, but still they would unrealistic and annoying.

Or how about they are unkillable?

Still, if not more so, unrealistic and annoying.

Unlike buildings, the GTA series can function perfectly fine and still feel quasi-realistic without children.

Maybe kids that run away the moment you start causing a kerfuffle, but still they would unrealistic and annoying.

Or how about they are unkillable?

Still, if not more so, unrealistic and annoying.

Unlike buildings, the GTA series can function perfectly fine and still feel quasi-realistic without children.

Yeah it's fine, but why not make the experience more? I for one think one of the best qualities GTA can have going forward is touching people's emotions in a way that other games havn't. When I killed Goldberg I felt this, or when Niko bitched about killing Darko. If unkillable kids and animals were added, then add a second world city...you have some powerful images and a powerful experience.

Animals: No unless if it was police dogs or cats running around that you CAN'T kill.

Children: Maybe for mission cut scenes but no because people could do sick things to children in the game.

SanAndreasManiac

meh, there are people around here that think if children appeared in next GTA then players would be given freedom to rape them or something

nah, it's just killing, nothing but what we already do in present day GTA's with adult people, not such a big deal, a human being is a human being

"kids should be spared, but only adults being killed is alright"?

please...... that's hypocrisy (sp?)

if you already have the liberty to shoot, run-over and spank adults, why not children? they're the same, just smaller

and.....

It's a f*cking game! It's not like we were killing kids in real-life!!

Edited by SanAndreasManiac

Mainland Marauder

I've been resisting the urge to shut this down for the sake of allowing discussion, but I have to say anyone who's fixated on killing children, even in a video game, is a rather sick bastard.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

meh, there are people around here that think if children appeared in next GTA then players would be given freedom to rape them or something

nah, it's just killing, nothing but what we already do in present day GTA's with adult people, not such a big deal, a human being is a human being

if you already have the liberty to shoot, run-over and spank adults, why not children? they're the same, just smaller

and.....

Well if there was kids in GTA, and I killed one I'd feel really bad about it

Besides playing GTA with it's updated graphics in the IV series it looks really realistic so killing a child virtually would seem real-life and pretty depressing

And it's very different from killing an adult a child is innocent whereas most of the adults I PURPOSLY kill are trying to kill me anyway, virtually I mean.

and.....

your still overlooking the fact that the media would attack GTA and rockstar in a second if this happened. It would give more ammunition for hatred towards GTA.

Theres no real advantage to having dogs wlaking about in alleyways in GTA anyway, it's not essential.

Not Volt Krueger

I think killing animals/children should not be added in.

Animals/children are helpless, and innocent in most cases too. Killing an adult is different because they generally know what they're getting into if you're killing them for a storyline purpose, and it just seems wrong to kill a kid as opposed to a grown human being.

I can't explain why it feels wrong, but it's basic human nature. If you lack the ability to see this, then you have a couple screws loose, and im sorry your parents put their cigarettes out on you.

Why bother debate though? Even though there's sick f*cks out there that want this, Rockstar will never do it from a logical stand point, for multiple reasons involving principle, media attention, and lawsuits. They already got sued a couple mil for adding that sex scene into the M rated SA, imagine what financial devastation this kind of profanity would bring on.

Not to mention i don't see any enjoyance in killing animals/children in GTA. What would it bring to the game? I may have been entertained just fighting and killing random people on the streets in III/VC when i was a little kid, but since SA/IV i've been interested in story progression or messing around in other ways.

What the f*ck is wrong with people. They're not real children. They're generated pixels.

Exactly, but I can't see it happenin', imagine the controversy.

That's not the point though it is. By that logic, you could have a game where you play a 40 year old man where you go about raping 4 year olds, and according to you, there'd be nothing wrong with that because they're just "generated pixels".

It doesn't matter that they are generated pixels, the peds are still assholes, children are not tounge.gif

It doesn't matter how much of a jerk a kid is being - you don't kill them. They might get a noogie, or maybe you take away their supersoaker, but they add nothing to GTA, they do not add to realism, they would remove realism, because criminals of the type you work for in GTA, and the type you play as in GTA, are not of the same breed as the people who kill children etc so it does not even fit the genre unless maybe one mission you have to kidnap a kid or kill someone's family - that's rare as hell in crime anyway. That's why it's such a big deal in movies when they say "I want his family dead, his kids, his wife, him, his mother" etc - because it rarely Ever comes to that in organized crime, the family is kept out of it unless they know too much or unless the guy who made a target of himself was that bad to the boss that he wants to make a serious example. Trust me.

Niko Bellic is not a sociopath. When he calls himself that, he is making a joke to all the Cretans that say this game is about sociopaths and catering to an audience of sociopaths - don't add to the label?

You can fly a chopper but not a plane because those are the protagonists skills. Rockstar Games will Never star this game with someone who has skills at "killing children" - because this game is not about that disgusting lowlife nonsense pixels or not, this game is about something entirely separate and some of you should learn the distinction between what is GTA and what is whatever you are talking about here.

I would especially like to blow up children and babies with hand grenades, then watch their little bodies tossed into the air like rag dolls whilst the limbs detatch and spread their internal goo across the street, once the heads are detatched I would like to be able to carry the heads around in the trunk of the car and then play football with it wherever I choose, it would be especially cool if you could place the grenades into their little mouths and then have a super slo mo of the ensuing action.......

Are you for real?

Of course i'm taking the piss......

I am a father of a beautiful little girl who was only 2 today in fact, fwiw I would like to see kids in the game, but I think it should just be a case where you cannot hurt them or do them any kind of harm, it would add a little more to the ambience IMHO, also mothers with push chairs etc around the footpaths in towns etc, and of course the animals like the odd stray dog (or dogs being walked on leads ) and police dogs would be awesome, all adds to the atmosphere of a believable alternate virtual world.

Old people with walking frames, walking sticks etc are all fair game, anybody here every play Carmageddon ?? LMAO !!!! "I WAS IN THE WAR" hahahahhaa...........

Killing children and animals is sick. and yes maybe it is just a GAME but think how hard R* worked to bring you this amazing GTA IV title to the series, its realistic, it has cool cars, weapons etc. and the story is amazing. Thats what R* do with their games and that is what they will always think about when making a new GTA. So to the people who think that killing kids should be included, i think you are completely SICK! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

I would be ok if they were not killable but even then i wouldn't feel comfortable and the GTA experience would be less enjoyable.

It's not even about whether its in a game or in the real world because R* have done such an amazing job to make that difference between GAME and LIFE extremely small.

They won't include animals and children in a game for one main reason, ITS WRONG! (and anyone who dosen't realise this then i feel very sorry for you that you are so stupid) - just my own opinion.

Edited by SmC12

Oh my, I f*cking LOVED Carmageddon!

Kids in the game would kill the mood for me personally though.

Not Volt Krueger
What the f*ck is wrong with people. They're not real children. They're generated pixels.

That's like someone threatening to kill you on the phone then the police saying "What's wrong with you? It's just words".

Just because it isn't an actual action or real thing doesn't mean it has no rank of reletivity in the real world.

Not Volt Krueger
I would especially like to blow up children and babies with hand grenades, then watch their little bodies tossed into the air like rag dolls whilst the limbs detatch and spread their internal goo across the street, once the heads are detatched I would like to be able to carry the heads around in the trunk of the car and then play football with it wherever I choose, it would be especially cool if you could place the grenades into their little mouths and then have a super slo mo of the ensuing action.......

Are you for real?

Of course i'm taking the piss......

I am a father of a beautiful little girl who was only 2 today in fact, fwiw I would like to see kids in the game, but I think it should just be a case where you cannot hurt them or do them any kind of harm, it would add a little more to the ambience IMHO, also mothers with push chairs etc around the footpaths in towns etc, and of course the animals like the odd stray dog (or dogs being walked on leads ) and police dogs would be awesome, all adds to the atmosphere of a believable alternate virtual world.

Old people with walking frames, walking sticks etc are all fair game, anybody here every play Carmageddon ?? LMAO !!!! "I WAS IN THE WAR" hahahahhaa...........

I think you should have your kids taken away from you.

I only have the 1, and I hardly think I am in any danger of having my girl taken away from me for playing computer games, besides which, does that mean I should have my girl taken from me because I served an active role in the armed forces ?? I think not............think before you speak such rubbish.

Just because it isn't an actual action or real thing doesn't mean it has no rank of reletivity in the real world.

WHAT? I beg to differ. The reason there are no kids is that there is no relevancy of them to be in GTA, not because they are "sick to kill as polygons"

They are in R*'s Bully because they are relevant to Jimmy there. They are not relAtive to Niko Bellic or any other protagonist of GTA or usually any other protagonist in movies that are similar to GTA, so why would they put them there? They Do Not Belong. If they did belong, they would be there.

Rockstar does not give a F about how people feel about terrorism and that. They care how the media regards this sh*t and makes the world crazy and shouldn't get away with it anymore.

It just goes to show how much CLASS they have because they are not making a murder simulator - they are making a tasteful simulation, which would be sullied by children, but not for a second in the way you make it seem. Your statement looks like insane christian radical stuff, that's all. I just want to make absolutely clear to you 100% that NOTHING you do in a video game has any relAtivity to the real world in any way shape or form other than the heat that comes off the machine running it disturbing the nearby temperatures of the room.

I think you should have your kids taken away from you.

Nope, I was nice when writing this til I see this. I think you should have your Brain taken from you. For real. I just told Mark happy bday to his little girl and his response in pm was that of a loving father. You're an idiot. Games have relevance in the real world?! Please, who are you, Jack Thompson? No offense dude - I really have NO hard feelings for anyone I share the web sphere with, but dude, free your mind, you behave like a prisoner of wrong thought.

Edited by mortalhuman

I completly agree with mortalhuman.

Killing children and animals is sick. and yes maybe it is just a GAME but think how hard R* worked to bring you this amazing GTA IV title to the series, its realistic, it has cool cars, weapons etc. and the story is amazing. Thats what R* do with their games and that is what they will always think about when making a new GTA. So to the people who think that killing kids should be included, i think you are completely SICK! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

I would be ok if they were not killable but even then i wouldn't feel comfortable and the GTA experience would be less enjoyable.

It's not even about whether its in a game or in the real world because R* have done such an amazing job to make that difference between GAME and LIFE extremely small.

They won't include animals and children in a game for one main reason, ITS WRONG! (and anyone who dosen't realise this then i feel very sorry for you that you are so stupid) - just my own opinion.

I can see why it’s wrong to kill kids, but animals?

innocent animals get raised every, day for the one purpose of getting slaughter, and eaten. And there’s nothing new about that, it’s a thousands of years old tradition, it’s not necessary, as vegetarians prove to all of us meat eaters every day. the act of slaughtering a cow or a pig is for many people just as normal, as driving down the street. And it’s a lot more accepterball, then to work for the mob, or smuggling people across the border.

Some may argue, that just as the children, dogs are innocent, but lets see if you change your mind, after getting attacked by are trained police dog, or if some idiot loses the grip of his chain, and his pit-bull go crazy on your kid, leg or puppy, which have happened before.

Besides that. Animals in games are nothing new both Fallout, COD and Fable had dogs in it, And there’s lots of hunting games.

And stop using the argue “ITS WRONG”. It mean nothing if it’s wrong or right!

all except 2 of you guys are fa**ots.. i want to kill children but not animals, kids can f*cking eat sh*t but animals can stay home and keep warm smile.gif

Some may argue, that just as the children, dogs are innocent, but lets see if you change your mind, after getting attacked by are trained police dog, or if some idiot loses the grip of his chain, and his pit-bull go crazy on your kid, leg or puppy, which have happened before.

Animals have worked in games like Fallout before but what real good would it do adding animals to GTA exept making it slightly more realistic, they don't fit with the atmosphere, unless it was a huge state like San Andreas where there was countryside and wide open spaces.

Most people would see dogs as innocent until they were attcked by one. And yes some animals do get killed because they were raised for meat but that is just what happens and people accept it because they see it as normal. (and i AM one of those people who eat them. ) But in GTA killing an animal has nothing to do with whether they are for food or not, it is simply an object in the game, just like a normal ped. I don't mind if they included animals in the next gta but all i am saying is that i think it is highly unlikely and people won't like it.

- Just look at the Poll and see how many people have voted for none.

And stop using the argue “ITS WRONG”. It mean nothing if it’s wrong or right!

i think it means alot if something is wrong or right. If someone pisses you off and you decide to kill them, that would be wrong. If you turn around and walk away, that would be right. There's a difference!

Personaly i dont really care if they add children and animals in the next gta (killable or non-killable) if thats what R* decide to do then thats what they will do. In my last post i was arguing against the kind of sick people who would get exited and hyped about being able to kill kids and animals. mad.gif

Edited by SmC12

I want to use a child as a weapon, just pick him up and swing him like a stiff plank. School buses loaded with kids would be fun to steal and drive off a pier. L.C. Fight Club could have child fights, you can place bets on your child slave fighter and throw melee weapons in the ring for them. Animals would be awesome, have a leash of 5 rabid dogs you can unleash on people. Throw a pipe bomb and the dog fetches it, then it explodes and is completely incinerated. Ride a horse and rear end people, then have the horse sit on them and keep them in submission. Use a house cat as a silencer for your gun.

Animals have worked in games like Fallout before but what real good would it do adding animals to GTA exept making it slightly more realistic, they don't fit with the atmosphere, unless it was a huge state like San Andreas where there was countryside and wide open spaces.

I don’t think GTA and animals is a good mix either, I’m just against people making it a ethical thing, instead of seeing it as a gameplay feature.

i think it means alot if something is wrong or right. If someone pisses you off and you decide to kill them, that would be wrong. If you turn around and walk away, that would be right. There's a difference!

In the world of GTA, the right or wrong dilemma shouldn’t really mean sh*t for anyone but the player, that’s why Rockstar is letting more and more of the decisions being madeby the player him self.

It’s up to the player to decide if something is wrong or right , not you, mortal or Jack Thomson should decide that for him. (Keep in mind, I’m not justifying actual murders or auto thefts, just the simulated ones.)

If we all were to use what’s right or wrong as argue, nothing good would come out of any debate, examples:

Mortal says: “Vice City up next is Right. And if you don’t get that, Your sick!”

You say: “eating meat is Wrong. And if you don’t get that, Your sick!”

South State nut says: “Homosexuality is Wrong. And if you don’t get that, Your sick!”

“Why debate any further, somebody already said it was wrong, and he even told me I was sick to argue with him”.

M vote definitely goes for just children.

@akavari112: I like the child slave fight idea tounge.gif

Edited by WhittyC