Animals and Children, why not?

MyDog

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?  

3,871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

• Just Animals
    • Just Children
    • Both Animals and Children
    • None

General Goose

Chocolate milk? But he runs a lemonade business...that...chocolate milk will be the only chocolate milk he gets!

I hope Toni gets lactose intolerance! angry.gif

General Goose
*Kids get on school bus.*

Darkel: "TIME TO DIE YOU BITCH ASS CHILDREN!"

*Explosion.*

You never specified WHAT exploded. Could have been Darkel. tounge.gif

Yeah, R* removed children and schools from III, so they aren't gonna readd them in another future game.

the main thing to face here is what it would add to the game or how it could be used in the gameplay. Which is nothing, and it can't be, respectively.

Other than some kid peds walking around, it serves no purpose and is distasteful, kids don't attribute to the GTA world in any way.

It would maybe add to the realism but tbh I dont even notice kids aren't in the game.. so yeah no need for them imo

Animals though is a different case, I cant find any real reason to not add them other than it'll (possibly) upset a few idiots who have twisted morals and priorities. How anyone can say its acceptable to mow down model peds in a model car but not shoot a model dog with a model gun in a virtual world is beyond me?!?

Really the game only allows the player to do what they want, if they are sick enough to kill children than its really the persons fault for doing it.

So i don't see why there cannot be kids in the game, just don't have any missions that put them in any danger.

anyone thats says that you can kill kids in the game must have tried it and we can use that against them lol.gif

Edited by krashdown

It's a pretty good majority of people who want animals and a sizeable minority who want kids. I say this is a pretty progressive fanbase.

Back to the topic I don't think any game has the balls to add killable kids too be honest. And if they were in game I wouldn't go out of my way to kill them but if I'm burning down a town and one gets in the way o well.

I think not having kids in the game makes people go out in the streets and kill them. IMHO only of course.

If some sick guy wants to kill a granny or a cop then can do it in game, but obviously wihout being able to kill a teenager they would go out in the street - that would probably explain all these London shootouts when people don't have anything to release their rage on/in/at they do it in real life.

With everything moving from reality onto Internets/computers it is just stupid to leave teenagers out.

There I said it. I hate chavs and hoodies. Wouldn't mind blasting a dozen of them in the next GTA - to keep the streets safer.

Edited by ˸øåíüêà

After I played GTA4, I voted for animals only, just for adding pigeons. Not other animals, nor children.

Animals only - having children in the game (unless they're in cutscenes, as is the case with Vice City Stories) free for players to kill (whether it's a game or not) is just wrong in my honest opinion. Not to mention that some countries may refuse the games classification if they did add children to the next GTA, and if a country refuses the game to be sold there, Rockstar and Take2 loose profits. Animals would suffice as other games feature the killing of dogs (take a look at Metal Gear Solid 3, for example), but also adding seaguls, pigeons and even eagles into the environent would make the game all the more realistic. But it also depends on where the game is set too.

RE9mJnf.png

I haet Mudkipz
I think not having kids in the game makes people go out in the streets and kill them. IMHO only of course.

If some sick guy wants to kill a granny or a cop then can do it in game, but obviously wihout being able to kill a teenager they would go out in the street - that would probably explain all these London shootouts when people don't have anything to release their rage on/in/at they do it in real life.

With everything moving from reality onto Internets/computers it is just stupid to leave teenagers out.

There I said it. I hate chavs and hoodies. Wouldn't mind blasting a dozen of them in the next GTA - to keep the streets safer.

I lol'd. BTW are chavs basically wannabe gangstas?(I've heard it a few times before but I'm not too familiar w/ British/European terms).

I would especially like to blow up children and babies with hand grenades, then watch their little bodies tossed into the air like rag dolls whilst the limbs detatch and spread their internal goo across the street, once the heads are detatched I would like to be able to carry the heads around in the trunk of the car and then play football with it wherever I choose, it would be especially cool if you could place the grenades into their little mouths and then have a super slo mo of the ensuing action.......

I would especially like to blow up children and babies with hand grenades, then watch their little bodies tossed into the air like rag dolls whilst the limbs detatch and spread their internal goo across the street, once the heads are detatched I would like to be able to carry the heads around in the trunk of the car and then play football with it wherever I choose, it would be especially cool if you could place the grenades into their little mouths and then have a super slo mo of the ensuing action.......

Are you for real?

MEMBER OF THE GTA ASSOCIATION AGAINST WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION (G.A.A.W.C.)

I lol'd. BTW are chavs basically wannabe gangstas?(I've heard it a few times before but I'm not too familiar w/ British/European terms).

Haha, no they are mostly sexless creatures wearing goldchains, loose jeans and sweattrousers and driving chavmobiles (or chavrolettes as I like to call them) mostly Fiestas, 406s, Clios etc with busted exhaust biggrin.gif

They tend to gather on the street corners and attract bypassers' attention by shouting "Oi! You! What are you doing?" and like.

Actually a game where you just kill chavs would be pretty fun. Like a hunting sim, only you shoot chavs instead of wildlife.

Algonquin Bridge

I'm surprised someone hasn't made a flash re-make of Duck Hunter with chavs instead of ducks/clay pigeons.

I don't know weather to LOL or ROFL.

I don't know weather to LOL or ROFL.

Now you really pissing me off, get out pre teen!

I think it would be a bit raw after all but I'd like that you know, there would be some kids. If they would fit in well, so they would like be going to school at mornings and mostly appear after 16 -->, after school, and some drunk teens would make a good joke during nighttime. I don't comment on animals, I'd never go kill 'em all so rawly that I do for humans but they would be a good bonus if animated well.

8wjrzl.png

Adding kids and animals to the game? I believe this is the dumbest thing I have heared since the rumor about the earth ending in 2012.

GTA is already rated M and if kids and animals will be added in game than it would be AO. Besides, kids and animals do not belong to a violent game such as this.

Making kids or animals indestructible or unable to aim at works for me.

but if kids are accompanied by mom and/or dad, it would not be apporpriate to kill the parent and leave the kids run in terror...

I mean, I'm fine with killing pixel people, no matter old or young...they are simply not real.

but there are always some pussies who kill or hurt other people and blame it on GTA. And the media goes ape sh*t at it.

Such is the suckage of reality and I don't think there will be any kids in GTA Next (except in cutscenes maybe).

Adding kids and animals to the game? I believe this is the dumbest thing I have heared since the rumor about the earth ending in 2012.

GTA is already rated M and if kids and animals will be added in game than it would be AO. Besides, kids and animals do not belong to a violent game such as this.

icon14.gif

How would you encorporate animals into the game anyway? Having random elk wlaking about in the city centre ? nervous.gif

Algonquin Bridge
How would you encorporate animals into the game anyway? Having random elk wlaking about in the city centre ? nervous.gif

A few stray dogs scavenging around bins in alleyways.

That, and it all depends on location. If a future GTA was to feature countryside, then you could have a plethora of animals roaming the area.

General Goose

Do people think the line (for not having any peds younger then) draws at 20, 18 or 16, or another age?

I think 16/18. Teenagers from that age will be great to parody and are technically adults to an extent. Also, they already are in GTA and similar games.

GTA is made with the assumption that parents are good enough to keep it away from their kids and that a mature audience can safely embrace it.

Similarly, i like to think personally that the reason you don't see kids is because in an ideal world, even in GTA, the parents of these children shield them from the likes of criminals.

Animals? Stray dogs? Don't really see those very often, they get picked up pretty quickly in any moderately civilized area of the United States. Plus, then you have to work out all the IK for an animal that is just going to be a set piece in the long run. Peds make sense because you use every part that comprises them in other parts of the game anyway and you need people in a city. Kids would just be an added couple of skeletons not worth working on when you already have the city full of people which is all you need for the set, and the kids would never be used in anything in the actual game anyway, so it's not worth the effort of adding something that the peds in general cover.

On one hand, it would be funny to make fun of the stereotypical 16 - 20 year old, but then you run the risk of offending an alienating one of the main sectors of your market, and that wouldn't be good for business tounge.gif

The people they tend to parody, in other words, are not the people who tend to buy this game. The people who tend to buy this game tend to share the opinion of those kinds of people that the game portrays. It's deeper than just a parody, it's a satire aimed toward an intelligent adult audience that is sick of the kind of people we find in these games in real life. I'm not sick of kids. Kids I'm sick of are tried as adults tounge.gif

that's a good read btw, everyone check out his link.

Another interesting bit:

If there were kids in GTA IV, they would only be on the streets for like 4 minutes or so at a time.

Most of the game they are at school or at home getting ready for bed, since the game takes place in October. So on one hand, it'd be a completion to the simulation, but on another hand, then you need school busses, kid-props like backpacks and stuff, in a game where even the transit busses don't function properly. You coulnd't fill the school bus with kids and still have peds on the street, for example. You'll just have these empty school busses and kids mixed in with peds. Not to mention, they will behave like adults and not be "with a parent"

It would be REALLY cool and I would totally accept and think it was awesome if: Kids are an extra to some peds (like wings on some cars, backpacks on some peds - but animated extra entities), as well as dogs and stuff. Spawn the extra animated actor with an adult ped, and handle violence al-a Driver style with kids - the kid ALWAYS jumps out of the way on time, ALWAYS runs into an alleyway and disappears, etc - impossible to pull trigger when aimed on kid (free aim), impossible to target a kid (auto aim).

That would be awesome. Because then you cover kids, dogs, and other extras possibly just by having another section in the model and pedestrian definition, it could work, and be extra flavor that way. It would just cost too many cycles to check all that in a game that already uses all the processing it can to do what it does imo.

Edited by mortalhuman

General Goose

Maybe kids that run away the moment you start causing a kerfuffle, but still they would unrealistic and annoying.

Maybe kids that run away the moment you start causing a kerfuffle, but still they would unrealistic and annoying.

Or how about they are unkillable?