Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,864 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Voodooman

Alternative Graphics Tweak

Question

Voodooman

Universal GTA 4 shader patch (U4SP for short) aka ALTERNATIVE GRAPHICS TWEAK.

Get it here http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9683

THIS PATCH IS HOSTED AT GTAGARAGE , IT WAS TESTED AND APPROVED BY PatricW

Screenshot:

user posted image

*** more screenshots available at GTAGARAGE download page

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9683

Description:

This is universal rage_postfx.fxc shader patch.

Within every new patch, Rockstar brings new rage_postfx.fxc file with some tweaks and fixes, so keeping

outdated rage_postfx.fxc isnt good idea and could lead to gfx glitches and corruption.

This universal patch could disable Near, Middle and Far distance blur to suit your tastes and in same

time it will preserve all new changes made by Rockstar.

So if you are using that "Ultimate Graphics Tweak" with outdated rage_postfx.fxc, you really should get

rid of it and use this patch instead.

If Rockstar will ever release new patch, just make sure that rage_postfx.fxc was updated by rockstar's

official patch, then just run Universal GTA 4 shader patch again.

You may ask:

"How the hell this going to work with any new file, what if offset will change or something?"

i did few separate versions of patch, one version with fixed offset, and another one with heuristic

search of values that should be patched. In normal case you should use fixed offset version, but if it

will fails to patch, just run heuristic version.

Warning EFLC owners!

Patch 100% compatible with DLC version of EFLC TLAD and TBoGT!

To let if work in TLAD and TBoGT you need to disable noise filter!!!

Load the game 1st (this option isnt available if you not loaded game yet),

go to the pause menu, open the "display" section and turn off "noise effect".

user posted image

U4SP vs UGT:

You may ask me:

"Why do i need to use this, when i have Ultimate Graphics Tweak, whats the difference?"

And i can tell you the difference:

1) Multiplayer:

To make this thing clear from beginning - this is one of the most important difference comparing to

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak", you can play multiplayer with no problems, with no additional tools, and

without any magic tricks you used to do with UGT.

Magic is already inside this patch, and this magic is simple - you dont need modded visualeffects.dat

to have all waht Ultimate Graphics tweak promice to give you, its all in shader;-)

2) Always new shader:

Many users of UGT, including its so-called "Author" (who in fact isnt author of it), dont even realize

that outdated shader produced in January 2009 that they use, do not include all the fixes and optimization

that rockstar did in next patches and could be source of many problems they have with game (including

performance and graphical problems). When i recommended bartekxyz to call for original modder of shader

to perform same modification on new shader that was included in patch, he just ignored that and said

not true thing that there is no difference. There is a difference, latest rage_postfx.fxc includes

14590 new bytes, which are mostly new shader instructions.

So answer of bartekxyz was just an excuse for his not so big knowledge or Laziness, or even both of them.

But hey, now he could use my patch to create and finaly put updated shader, or he even can pack my

patch inside (i just hope he would not cut parts of my readme about him) ;-) (Read more about this in

"EXTRA NOTES" bellow)

3) Simple and fast usage:

You are old lazzy ex-programmer or ex-hardcore gamer? Or just noob? Or no one of them, but just a man

who care about his time and just dont want to waste it on many unnecessary things?

It doesnt matter who you are, in any case you will find U4SP aka AGT more comfortable than UGT.

Because all you need to do just perform 2 clicks

1st to run Patcher, 2nd to press on "Patch" button and enjoy result. Should i mention all that many

uncomfortable steps you need to do to install UGT and make it works for you? Nah i dont want even waste

time on this ;-)

4) Not so many unrealistic blur and no bullsh*t at all:

Blur blur blur, its everywhere in UGT, if someone shoot you - boom blur, someone hit your car - boom blur

again, you just driving at 20 km\h and see that motion blur... this isnt looks good if you have taste.

Well actually that unrealistic extra motion blur is all what bartecxyz realy did, just a 6 lines inside

visualsettings.dat... all the rest was done by Klanly and Belinda who wasnt even properly credited and was

left withour reward, when bartekxyz received one (Read more about this in "EXTRA NOTES" bellow) for what

klanly and belinda did.

Smooth Shadows, motion blur, depth of field, and all that bartekxyz present as results of "his" tweak,

are all actually was in game, and Klanly + Belinda just found the way how to separate them in shader and

disable one by one, and they produced that shader, that did all what you can find in description of

"Ultimate graphic tweak"... and just look at credit description for Klanly in credits:

"For a solution on how to separate static blur from DOF and MB."

and compare it to description of tweak

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a little modification which allow you to enable improved post processing effects

like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field.

It also smoothen dotted shadows and jaggy edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean. As a result game

feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS)."

Oh, wow, Belinda didnt took his credit? Actually he did that 3 versions of shader and finished what knaly

started, so why the heck he have no credit at all?

Aint this is bullsh*t?

I think that fair description that bartekxyz should type should be like this:

"Klanly - for discovery of method which allow you to enable improved post processing effects

like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field with smooth shadows and edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean.

As a result game feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS).

"Belinda - for extra research, and for 3 shaders he created that makes all tweaks possible"

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a tinny 6 lines in config which gives you just more intensive motion blur when

you use real graphics tweak created by klanly and belinda".

Thats looks justly and aint bullsh*ting anyone;-)

Use real product, not advertised dummy.

5) You can combine both:

If you didnt understood a word or you just weirdo, you can use patched rage_postfx.fxc with visualsettings.dat

from UGT, but in this case you will lose multiplayer, and most of advantages of Alternative Graphics Tweak.

Anyway, UGT never have had updated shader, so you should use this AGT, just to update shader for UGT usage.

Usage:

Look at file content_tree.png to understand idea of folder hierarchy first.

There are 12 versions of patch total, they are separated 1st by type of implementation:

1) Brute - these versions would patch any required bytes without checking if those bytes already patched

or mismatch

2) Smart - these versions would patch required bytes only in case if bytes wasnt patched and match

to default pattern (original raga_postfx.fxc produced by rockstar)

2nd they are separated by type of detection of bytes that needs to be patched:

1) offset - these versions would patch bytes only located at fixed offset

2) heuristic - these versions would perform autosearch of location of required bytes

3rd they are separate by type of blur (it could be enabled by pressing P button or by setting

Definition off at graphics settings) that this patch would remove•:

1) Near - only near aka full screen blur would be removed, this makes picture sharp at close distance

just as Blur never was turned on, but in same time medium blur (that makes shadows and trees smoother

and adds some minor pseudo-antialiasing effect on medium distance objects) and far blur (that makes

Depth of Field [DOF] effect on far distance objects) will remain.

This is recommended version.

2) Near+Medium - both near and medium blurs would be removed, but far blur aka DOF will stay.

3) Near+Medium+Far - all static blur would be removed, only motion blur remain.

In normal case i recommend you to use Smart offset, if it fails then Smart heuristic version.

If both of these fails or will give no visible result (this could happen in theory), than try brute heuristic

version.

If you already patched Shader and want to re-patch it to implement different tweak, than i recommend you

to use Brute offset one, it will override any current values, but keep in mind that this will work right

only if Smart Offset patch didn failed before, if it failed before and you was only able to patch with

Smart heuristic version, this mean that offset was changed, and use of brute offset version could damage file.

But dont worry too much, patch creates backup, if backup already present, than it will not override old backup

with new one.

Extra notes:

Patch created by Voodooman (v00d00m4n).

Thx to Klanly for his discovery that made this patch possible, also thx to Belinda for his additional

research that cleaned out Klanly's discovery. All credits should go to them.

Shame on bartekxyz who used klanly's discovery (that did almost whole trick) and used it in cheap

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak" to rise his fame and catch thx that realy was deserved by Klanly and Belinda.

UGT is really just a minor tweak of intensity of blur (too much motion blur to be honest), its not

even work without shader modded by Belinda (who wasnt even credited by bartekxyz), and shader inside UGT

is pretty outdated, still that old modded shader that belinda did in Jan 2009

(prove link).

However if you will use just patched rage_postfx.fxc instead of not so Ultimate Graphics Tweak you would

be able to play MP with no problems, if you will use modded visualSettings.dat from UGT, than game will

probably not let you play online.

Bartekxyz coundt even mod rage_postfx.fxc

(prove link)

and still uses outdated file that belinda did and belives that there is no difference. So why do he have

GTAF Award and Knanly and Belinda not? It not fair!

I did this patch and these notes not for fame, but for justice!

Nothing personal against bartekxyz (he is a nice guy, if you could forget for a second that "all fame

should go to me" behavior, and his ignorance about my old recommendation to update shader with help of

belinda, since he couldnt do it himself) just a justice business.

Its really unfair when someone use someone else as parasite and get all the fame instead of original

author.

Vote for klanly an belinda to get reward for that discovery!

History:

v0.9b

-initial public release

To you for reading this text.

To Klanly and Belinda for everything mentioned above.

To bartekxyz for his behavior that forced me to do this patch ;-)

-----------

Get latest version here

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9683

Please report bugs and get support here in this thread.

Edited by Voodooman

ikt
yes, voodoo, u r currect - i didnt notice the screen shots. i saw the thumbnail and clicked it but couldnt flip through the 3 in-game screenshots afterwards so i figured there's only one SS. my bad.

regardless, from reading all that was there too read i still couldnt figure out what files i will need to rename to get the game back to it's original state. i still didnt find it easy to understand what files will be switched. im not being disrespectful to u or anyone else. just stating that there is a lot to read and some of what there is to read is technical or just belittling the UGT ppl and most members here do not care who's right. they just want to mod the game and know what was done.

i had a few mods back then that self extracted and till this day i dont know how to revert what they did. a mistake i didnt want to do again. renaming a file is really easy but i just hoped that in the readme there will be a small and tremendously helpful segment called "installation" and "uninstallation" which will explain this. In my opinion that's a lot more important that who deserves credit for another mod or not.

the VisualIV mod is a lil harder to "install" but it's easy to understand what's being done and very easy to revert yet is has no fancy self extracting stuff. just an example.

so again - thanks for the initiative, the effort and for making it self extracting (which i know takes more time than letting us extract thigs ourselves). now can someone state what file\files are being replaced? is it just one shader file or more?

Grand Theft Auto IV\common\shaders\win32_x

The x stands for various numbers/graphic card model. You only need to check which one has a rage_postfx.fxc.bak file in it.

Voodooman

yes, voodoo, u r currect - i didnt notice the screen shots. i saw the thumbnail and clicked it but couldnt flip through the 3 in-game screenshots afterwards so i figured there's only one SS. my bad.

regardless, from reading all that was there too read i still couldnt figure out what files i will need to rename to get the game back to it's original state. i still didnt find it easy to understand what files will be switched. im not being disrespectful to u or anyone else. just stating that there is a lot to read and some of what there is to read is technical or just belittling the UGT ppl and most members here do not care who's right. they just want to mod the game and know what was done.

i had a few mods back then that self extracted and till this day i dont know how to revert what they did. a mistake i didnt want to do again. renaming a file is really easy but i just hoped that in the readme there will be a small and tremendously helpful segment called "installation" and "uninstallation" which will explain this. In my opinion that's a lot more important that who deserves credit for another mod or not.

the VisualIV mod is a lil harder to "install" but it's easy to understand what's being done and very easy to revert yet is has no fancy self extracting stuff. just an example.

so again - thanks for the initiative, the effort and for making it self extracting (which i know takes more time than letting us extract thigs ourselves). now can someone state what file\files are being replaced? is it just one shader file or more?

FACEFREAKINGPALM DUDE! What else i can say?

Arent PATCH ITSELF + all the various readmes including 1st post, states file name like 100 times?

I dont know how to force you turn brain on for little longer than minute... but arent this screenshot of patch GUI and patch GUI itself makes it QUITE OBVIOUS "what file\files are being replaced" ??

user posted image

Wtf is TARGET FILENAME is there for? Should i type it with big red letter so everyone like you can see it for sure? Ok, here you go dude:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

still cant see it, maybe not big and not so red enough lol.gif ? Ok:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

oh wait, maybe you are colorblind and cant see red or green? ok here this yellow and even bigger version you cant miss for sure:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

Now just dont say u missed it again)) tounge2.gif

Edited by Voodooman

loaderload

edit, didn't run as administrator,

Edited by loaderload

hellknightdemon

I downloaded this and i had gotten somewhere near 15 trojans, just saying...

ikt
I downloaded this and i had gotten somewhere near 15 trojans, just saying...

Your antivirus is sh*t. smile.gif

Voodooman

There are only 12 versions of patch, 12 exe files, where the f*ck you got another 3 from?)

Im not sure what crap antvirus do u use, but im more than just sure, that even your dumb antivirus do not have classification of it as trojan and probably says something like "riskware: not a trojan, suspective activity\packed exe".

This is called "FALSE POSITIVE"!

Just to let your know the facts:

All files at GTAGARAGE have pre-moderation, and before they got published, they are moderated and tested by several guys who will not f*cking let anyone to upload trojans or viruses. So fo f*ck sake - stop panic, trow your antivirus into window, and learn f*cking facts before spreading such a false information! devil.gif

Edited by Voodooman

Voodooman

updated 1st post and last one.

I hope now noobs will turn some brains on before posting.

xpe

compatibility with 1.7 patch?? thnx

btw ur mod is the best tweak comparated with the other one

Voodooman

No Problem)

Is anyone here was in doubt about that? Lol)

At the moment im making automatic DOWNGRADER for GTA 4, so anyone can roll back from new crappy patch to any old one.

So check for news soon.

FitbikeSTR2

So you can play online with patch 4? Sweet, hope it work smile.gif, and I f*cking love this mod, UGT sucks ass, it was good on first patch, but the motion blur kills you on UGT, this is absolutley perfect, I f*cking LOVE YOU MAN (No homo)

Voodooman

No, you cant play online with patch 4! You need to have latest patch 7 to play onlin legit way... but u can always play lan or use some asi scripts to be able to play patch 4 online)

danjodan

I am going to sound like a complete noob but I just cant figure out how to install this mod on EFLC with latest patch.Can someone explain a little bit blush.gif

Sorry for my noobnes smile.gif

Voodooman

Read last 2-3 pages, and very 1st post which explains how to make it work with episodes!

Jesus, u cant be seriously so noob so u cant even read few posts, dont u? wow.gif

Prodigalsunz

The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.

Is this because of the greater view of distance in TBoGT? Anyway to fix this?

Everything works fine in TLaD. I'm using EFLC version.

vingebil

This work on patch 1.0.0.6 ? smile.gif

Voodooman

To make it work in TBoGT you need to start TLAD 1st and turn off screen noise, than go play TBoGT!

Asires

The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.

I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.com/files/399864899/timecyc.rar

Prodigalsunz

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.

I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.com/files/399864899/timecyc.rar

Thanks for the timecyc file.

It works great biggrin.gif

Asires

Looks like my mod works for all people. Good colgate.gif

uhyeahah

mr. voodooman, every time i try to apply the patch, every patch it keeps on failing to find the rage thing. and when i did my own search, it said nothing patched.

what's up with that?

EDIT: I Found the solution. thx.

ikt

Sup Voodooman. Could you tell me what addresses are edited? for Depht of Field?

Edited by ikt

Voodooman

Offset of required bytes changed with latest patches, so i dont know it, one of versions of my patch uses heuristics to find required instructions and replace them wherever they are.

MTyga

Don't work for me.

Testing with GTA IV patch (1.0.4.0) - Failed

(1.0.7.0) - Failed

EFLC (1.0.2.0) - Failed too.

I can't run the exe files and always have this bullsh*t windows error. Windows tells me it can not access the file and that I may not be necessary rights to use this file (when I run well as an administrator) confused.gif

I hope someone find a solution.

rippi

is this tweak working properly with new patch 1.0.7.0 ?

thanksss smile.gif

Lemmy

No problems here with 1.0.7.0 on IV, works also fine with EFLC.

For the people that don´t get it work: pebcak.

Violins77

I can't open the patch, windows says I need administrative permission but I tried everything and it doesn't work. It doesn't bother me that much, I can do it manually, but I need the files. Can someone send me their rage_postfx.fxc file from smart heuristik version pelase? I have an HD 5870, so I need the one in the ATI DX10 folder.

Violins77

Ok I got it to work by booting in safe mode... I also comfirm this work in EFLC with timecycle.dat mod for TBOGT.

haints

Why has this file been removed from GTA Garage? Anyone know where I can find it?

njo

Ditto to what haints said.

Voodooman

Thx for reporting me!

All i can say now - WHAT THE f*ck IS WRONG WITH GTAGARAGE admins?

I just checked status of uploaded mods and it says:

Removed/Rejected

Request for take-down received from host due to excessive virus reports. Most likely false positives, but we have no control over this.

This mod has been removed/rejected for the reason stated above. Please make sure any aspects that need fixing are done so before clicking here to resubmit the mod for approval. If the mod is resubmitted without making the necessary changes, it will be permanently locked.

----

1) I wanna ask, who the f*ck was reporting this? In entire thread there is only 1 single report, and i dont see anything #EXCESSIVE# here. Oh wait, HOST. Why the f*ck they care what kind of files hosted by their clients? Why the f*ck they force their clients to take-down some files? And why their clients cant just explain that this file is false positive and Host should calm down, add file to ignore list of their cheap AV and GTFO with their request

2) I will not do any changes to patch, because no matter what i will do, dUP patch engine and executable packer PEcompact 2 will give few false positives by some outdated or trashy antiviruses that adds signatures of every safe crack, keygen and other hack tools to their stupid databases instead of adding signatures or real viruses and trojans.

So in this case if ill re-upload same file, it will be locked at GTAgarage (stupid rules), and if ill uploaded modified it will still give false positives, so why should i waste my time if results would be the same? Should i write patch from scratch? What kind of idiot i should be to do this?

3) I want to see that damn host AV reports and laugh at face of those people who requested to take down this file, because im sure, in reports its probably not even state that there is Virus and its most likely reported as "Not-a-virus.HackTool" or "PEpacker.Patcher", but those people never read what messages of AV really says.

4) Only thing that i can do - re-upload archive with password, so damn Host's AV could not sniff inside and will calm f*cking down. But im not sure that GTAG admins will accept it.

5) So i any case i need your help to revive file at GTAGARAGE, please write to GTAG admins your requests to bring back file and not lock in case if i re-upload passworded archive.

Thank you.