Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,056 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Pico

Tech General Chat

Audi

I'd just get the 1080 Ti

HaRdSTyLe_83

so should i buy 1080 ti black edition or wait for next gen card?

personally i would have the same dilema if i were you, even with the extra money to "burn". it all comes down to how deep are your pockets :p

Inttelix

1080ti prices here are so high you can buy a mid-level motorcycle. Bitcoin mining is now a fever here, helps gfx cards get more expensive.

Lucky to have a HP Probook with a i3 2.4ghz and 4gb of ram. I have no idea what onboard gfx it has but I can play san andreas that is enough for me.

Dealux
Posted (edited)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/04/11/intel-is-developing-a-desktop-gaming-gpu-to-fight-nvidia-amd/#44a0f6de3578

Old news but it sounds intriguing. I would love to see more competition and honestly I'm more willing to switch to Intel than AMD if their stuff ends up being better than NVIDIA's.

Edited by Dealux

yoječ

Maybe this time something will actually come out of this. Anyone remembers Larabee?

Straypuft

Is buying a new MSI laptop an wise thing? I have a chance to buy one at the end of this month but some reviews mention horrible battery life months after first use, But the model I am looking at doesnt seem to have a replaceable battery.

Am I being paranoid or could it be those reviewers never let it fully charge their first time using it?

Dealux

Maybe this time something will actually come out of this. Anyone remembers Larabee?

Sadly it's not working.

Blaze

typical linus half assing it, wouldn't be surprised if it's a two parter.

K^2

typical linus half assing it, wouldn't be surprised if it's a two parter.

How do you not half-ass review of a dedicated piece of hardware with no drivers? The video is basically a plea for anyone who has the required software to send it in, and without making a video, it'd be impossible to ask for that help. Yes, if somebody responds, it'll be a two-parter. Otherwise, that's all there is.

Blaze

The first thing I'd do would be dig out a 775/1366 rig,from around the time Larrabee was developed. Could be anything from PCIE compatibility, UEFI vs Legacy bios, maybe even the cards DVI output not being able to support 4k/newer displays. Also being that Larrabee was meant to be a coprocessor and not strictly a dedicated video output he could've tried with iGPU/a dedicated card in slot one and Larrabee in a different slot. Instead we get 11 minutes of talking and 3 minutes of nothing. Linus mentions about compatibility with newer machines, PCIE, motherboards etc but doesn't particularly do anything about it. Then again there also could be a reason the card was destined for the e-waste pile.

At least he didn't drop it.

TheDudeAbides
Posted (edited)

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?

PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

Edited by TheDudeAbides

Andreaz1

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?

PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

If you want a top of the line gaming PC, you need $1000 for the graphics card alone so even if he works in IT I think he's talking trash on this one. There's no way for us to know if getting a PC over consoles is worth it for you. Personally I would always say yes considering how much you can do on a PC that you can't on consoles and paying for online multiplayer is BS. Consoles are cheaper but what you gain is pretty much simplicity and nothing else.

TheDudeAbides
Posted (edited)

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

If you want a top of the line gaming PC, you need $1000 for the graphics card alone so even if he works in IT I think he's talking trash on this one. There's no way for us to know if getting a PC over consoles is worth it for you. Personally I would always say yes considering how much you can do on a PC that you can't on consoles and paying for online multiplayer is BS. Consoles are cheaper but what you gain is pretty much simplicity and nothing else. maybe for a 4k card, but a "good" graphics card is about 300-400 dollar's

He has a business in building pc's, so he wouldn't rip me off. Plus I know that people have stated that you can build a pc that can run almost anything for under 1000.

Edited by TheDudeAbides

sivispacem

I think the issue is the use of the phrase "top of the line". A decent gaming system (minus monitor and peripherals) can be had for $1k, but a "top of the line" system is about four times that.

AiraCobra

Exactly what sivis said Top Of The Line can be subjective and also in the mind of the beholder and doesn't always mean the same to everybody BUT it usually tends to mean there is nothing else out there on the market that you can buy right now that can one up it.

While you're not gonna get a mind blowing 4k system for $1,000 but you are going to get a system that will play just about every game on ultra settings with the highest FPS with no lagging or lacency which we all know is important.m

I myself am in the process of building my own rig and my list of parts comes to around $980 but that doesn't included a Monitor (Because I don't need one) or "Gaming Keyboard" (Again Because I Don't Need One)

AiraCobra

Anybody know what the differences are in these? (Graphic settings in my FSX game) and which one is best?

The default was Trilinear

bc44a228bdc69a21edf1ccbd2e6cd726.png

sivispacem

Anisotropic

Shaytan

A few days ago in the subway, an intrigued dude asked me what the heck was my weird tablet with a black and white screen (aka my Kindle). I explained him how it works and the reason for not displaying color being it has an e-ink screen, as well as its benefits. He looked at my like if suddenly everything made sense in his head and told me he had already seen some other people using those but never understood what they were.

Eheh, not that I go around with it just to get some attention or anything, but being something quite unusual to see I was already wondering how long it would take for someone to react like that.

Dealux
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, AiraCobra said:

Anybody know what the differences are in these? (Graphic settings in my FSX game) and which one is best?

The default was Trilinear

bc44a228bdc69a21edf1ccbd2e6cd726.png

If you have a relatively modern GPU you can force 16x Anisotropic in the GPU control panel. Performance requirements are minimal and it does make a big difference with textures being viewed at an angle.

Anisotropic_filtering_en.png

Edited by Dealux

Inttelix

The 1080 Ti here by its own is worth the equivalent to US$1000. Then comes motherboard, processor and etc. To build a top of the line pc with the best material, at least in south america, you need to reserve at least US$4000.

I miss my GTX 550ti

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Inttelix said:

The 1080 Ti here by its own is worth the equivalent to US$1000. Then comes motherboard, processor and etc. To build a top of the line pc with the best material, at least in south america, you need to reserve at least US$4000.

I miss my GTX 550ti

even with a 1080TI+ i7 8700k + 400$ motherboard you wont even reach 3000$ with peripherals already included, unless you are already adding 1080TI in SLI + VR headset

or you are just picking stuff that wont make any difference in performance just for bragging rights, in that case even 8k wont reach the "top of the line" you mentioned

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

SilverRST

Peripherals are entiry subjective and everyone can choose which peripherals they want. My mouse is 8 bucks, very simple and it does the job, my KB is a Trust Slimline 1450, love this keyboard and it did cost me not more than 25 bucks, can't remember but I can't stand high profile keyboards and my monitor I bought new is BenQ GW2270HM, before this I used Iiyama XB2483HSU first gen. All does the job perfectly, no problems with them. And oh, my earphones is a Sony MDR-E818 and speaker is a Fresh'n Rebel Rock Box Brick. I also want to get the Marshall Stockwell speaker lol. I like its size and it being portable makes it I want to buy it more. I only don't know if I should buy one.

And GTX1080Ti being 1000$ is entirely bullsh*t. Any of us should NOT waste that amount of money on something that has been f*cked and screwed by miners, so better wait for it to be cheaper. I've been waiting for more than a f*cking half year to buy one! So still using my 4 years and 2 months old GTX780.

Blaze

Just going off the first Brazilian PC site I found (which is https://www.pichau.com.br/) the price for what I'd say is a run of the mill high end gaming PC is something like:

Zotac 1080ti Mini: 4,090.85 BRL = 1,104.56USD

8700k: 1,965.77 BRL = 530.77USD

Z370-A Pro: 756.69 BRL = 204.31USD

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz: 1,149.03 BRL = 310.18USD

Corsair RMX 650W: 599.02 BRL = 161.72USD

240GB Corsair SSD: 483.91 BRL = 130.64USD

2TB Seagate HDD: 319 BRL = 86.11USD

H115 AIO: 619.02 BRL = 167.115USD

I left case out because thats fairly subjective, so that comes to $2771.67 USD. With a case, decent set of peripherals etc I could see that coming fairly close to 3.5k. Again, all subjective you could save money in some places and spend more in others but I doubt the guys gonna come on here and lie about how much a hypothetical rig costs 😛

SilverRST

$1100 is f*cking madness, don't purchase a 1080Ti for now.

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Blaze said:

Just going off the first Brazilian PC site I found (which is https://www.pichau.com.br/) the price for what I'd say is a run of the mill high end gaming PC is something like:

Zotac 1080ti Mini: 4,090.85 BRL = 1,104.56USD

8700k: 1,965.77 BRL = 530.77USD

Z370-A Pro: 756.69 BRL = 204.31USD

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz: 1,149.03 BRL = 310.18USD

Corsair RMX 650W: 599.02 BRL = 161.72USD

240GB Corsair SSD: 483.91 BRL = 130.64USD

2TB Seagate HDD: 319 BRL = 86.11USD

H115 AIO: 619.02 BRL = 167.115USD

the problem is you used a brasilian site, its a rip off what they have to pay in taxes, all the prices you posted are overpriced. the  8700K costs 320EUR -> 370 USD, 310$ for 16GB 2666MHz? it costs no more then 220$ for 3600MHz

my build

sure it goes past the 4k but it already have 2500k on peripherals/watercooling/ VR headset

I left case out because thats fairly subjective, so that comes to $2771.67 USD. With a case, decent set of peripherals etc I could see that coming fairly close to 3.5k. Again, all subjective you could save money in some places and spend more in others but I doubt the guys gonna come on here and lie about how much a hypothetical rig costs

Ofc its all hypotehetical, if he wants he cast spend 3000K on the case alone, all im trying to say is if he wants a beast of a Pc (8700k+1080TI) then it can cost under 2500k

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

yoječ
1 hour ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

the problem is you used a brasilian site, its a rip off what they have to pay in taxes

Well, but he's not going to import the parts from the US, is he? (hint: this will probably be even more expensive, plus a huge headache in terms of warranty)

Inttelix

People understand one thing: if I had to sell a GTX 550Ti because things got rough imagine what is like to save money for a 4500 BRL GFX Card when 4500 BRL is 4 months salary. With that in mind, think that you will spend during those 4 months 3800 BRL in bills and food. And we are talking about only a GFX card. A brand new i7 processor is at least 6000 BRL where I live.

If you are not a rich person just feel lucky you earned 1000 BRL enough to get you a PS3 with 16 games. And be happy the internet company offered you their top bandwidth: 15MB.

Dealux

Not really tech related, but I bought this silver cable for my AKGs like a month ago and the package got lost but I got it eventually, for free (the seller issued a refund). The build quality is really nice.

35329626_1723830881025974_41275558187635

Inttelix

Nice AKGs. I am overly upset about faulty cables, mine crumble the sound. I cannot find a reasonable one for sale in any tech store, so what I use is one I took from a Dell monitor. Its the longest standing one used it for 3 years now.

AiraCobra

I ended up switching back to iPhone after having the Galaxy Note 8 for around 6 months and I feel so much more comfortable with the iPhoneX already in the week that I've had it then I did with the whole 6 months of having the Note 8.

I don't know what it was but I just couldn't get used to the phone, I don't know if it was the phone itself or the Android OS because I've used apple products including tablets since the iPhone 3 and the first iPad and been upgrading to the new iPhone yearly and upgrade iPad from the Air2 to the iPad Pro.

I guess when you've used a specific OS for 10 + years it hard/unconformable to use a new OS and one thing that I absolutely love about the iPhone/iPad is the AdBlockers actually work without needing to Root your device and the AdBlocker works both in browser and in apps so you're not hit with an ad video every time you finish a level in a game another thing I love now is they don't strap you with bloatware that can't be deleted all but a few of the iPhone standard apps are now delete able while on Android you couldn't delete them completely

On 6/11/2018 at 8:40 PM, Inttelix said:

People understand one thing: if I had to sell a GTX 550Ti because things got rough imagine what is like to save money for a 4500 BRL GFX Card when 4500 BRL is 4 months salary. With that in mind, think that you will spend during those 4 months 3800 BRL in bills and food. And we are talking about only a GFX card. A brand new i7 processor is at least 6000 BRL where I live.

If you are not a rich person just feel lucky you earned 1000 BRL enough to get you a PS3 with 16 games. And be happy the internet company offered you their top bandwidth: 15MB.

Wow that inflation cost is a crime as the 550Ti sells here in the U.S for only $50USD/186BRL and I know a local online store that is selling i7 for $299USD/1115BRL.

Edited by AiraCobra