Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,460 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

XTREME0235

Retrieving the Skylift!

LCstuntman

yeah, i remember. *flashback* woot swing truck of doom. well, i still like the skylift better. looks cooler. and the size.

have you compared it to the tug boat or annihilator. as yusef says "what is that thing holding the tank, so proud and powerful."

oh yeah, and on another note. "I told you I was getting one of these!

If anyone is having trouble still, we are glad to help. great day to start a gtaforums membership.

at lcstuntman, i already started on that, but both planes are static.

but, i wont say unobtainable, because, thats what theysaid about the skylift. lol

Yeah true, you know what, for the sake of time waisting and attempts, i am going to do the mission 'bang, bang' and when i reach the plane, i am going to see if i can get in it, be nice. It's just experimenting. lol.gif

lol lol.gif I was kidding, but why the hell not tounge2.gif

Zee_Lolz

good luck, oh, and use the annihilator to blow up the train and maybe the plane if it pisses you off. Its cool to see it blow up in the sky.

lessee, that doesn't leave too many unique vehicles left in liberty city. abudabuda thats all folks!

Rewdalf

I'm still awfully confused...

I mean, R* is comprised of people, correct?

And they know what their playerbase must be thinking, and wanting.

What reason do they possibly have to include new vehicles.

But have them unavailible outside of missions?

The Regina in TLaD.

Pretty much a pointless vehicle.

They could have used any other vehicle for that one mission...

But no.

New car.

Cannot be found outside the mission.

It wasn't hard to obtain it...

It's just...

What do R* think???

The Caged Caddy I sort of understand.

Mission vehicle, special, etc.

The Stretch B.

Why aren't there any outside of the mission?

No reason at all really.

Er...

Skycrane of course.

I mean, why not have one parked at the docks or something?

Hm...

Towtruck.

Is it really that hard to enable it to work outside of that one mission?

Really?

Give me one good reason as to why we can't have a working towtruck, and semi trucks while we're on the subject...

Why can't we enter Bahama Mamas before or after the mission?

Any good reasons there?

Er, no...

[/rant]

Anyway, on topic.

I'm definatly doing this tomorrow.

And mad cookie.gif respect to XTREME and others who helped.

Zee_Lolz

because they make you work for it. think about it. when you work to get it, the vehicle becomes special and sought after.

if r* gave us all of the vehicles, the game would get boring. its not that they are taunting us.

I really think they make them hard to get on purpose.

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

ZeeKid2k10

So did they upload a video how to do it

Ne0nLiteZ
because they make you work for it. think about it. when you work to get it, the vehicle becomes special and sought after.

if r* gave us all of the vehicles, the game would get boring. its not that they are taunting us.

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

Exactly what i was going to say. They purposely make it easier to get that certain vehicle to have people spend time to try to figure out how. and it works, and i dont mind it that much because its fun.

Rag

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

Exactly what i was going to say. They purposely make it easier to get that certain vehicle to have people spend time to try to figure out how. and it works, and i dont mind it that much because its fun.

Yeah like the Bati Custom in TBoGT, I mean it's just a bike but its a pain to get and most of the time the bloody thing just disappears from my parking space!

Forum 1

Waiting for a video guide on this thing is becoming like getting confirmation for TlaD PC sleepy.gif

XTREME0235

!!ATENTION!!

Video making is in progress for the tutorial, this video will only consist of phot's but the information required will be more than expected. Don't worry raging fans, the video will be up soon.

XTREME0235.

Nem_Wan
Idk if you remember, but the Skycrane in GTA San Andreas was unobtainable as well after that one mission, damn R*, oh well, we unleashed the secret now, R* aint so smart.

Actually you get to keep the Skycrane in San Andreas; it would spawn at the desert airfield, but it doesn't have its magnet after the one mission. With that precedent, I don't know why Rockstar didn't want to give the Skylift a spawn location in TBoGT.

Chewie

!!ATENTION!!

Video making is in progress for the tutorial, this video will only consist of phot's but the information required will be more than expected. Don't worry raging fans, the video will be up soon.

XTREME0235.

You do know that I already sent GTASeriesVideos this topic and asked him to make a video. He gives credit to the person who figured it out and plus, he has extremely good Tips and Tricks videos on The Ballad Of Gay Tony. I recommend his amazing videos to anyone on here.

Edited by kamuran

XTREME0235
good luck, oh, and use the annihilator to blow up the train and maybe the plane if it pisses you off. Its cool to see it blow up in the sky.

lessee, that doesn't leave too many unique vehicles left in liberty city. abudabuda thats all folks!

Ok, no you can not enter the plane, obviously i had that coming. But what is kind of interesting but lazy of R* to do is when you go up to the burned plane, and the fire is going all over it, you can just climb on top of the plane and just let the fire surround you, you don't get burned at all. Of course the cops will be shooting you, but that is also the same thing when you blow up the train in the same mission, if you go right up to the fire, you can just sit there in it, im pretty sure it is like that with the Crane as well.

GTA V better be a whole lot better in the way of New vehicles and effects go, honestly.

Chewie

Two new things that we need players to do.

1. Try to figure out how to use the magnet, I am 100% sure there is a way how to use it.

2. Someone needs to figure out how to save the Skylift, there has to be a way, Rockstar wouldn't put it in the game if you couldn't save it. There must be some way or a glitch to save it.

I got to go for tonight, I wonder what someone will do or figure out over night? Videos? Tutorials?

Duxfever

They probably didn't expect anyone to climb on and into the fire, but I guess it's still no excuse for that. So yeah, I agree. Mad props for finding this out, too, though. And you, too, takadox. devil.gificon14.gifcookie.gif

Mad thumbs up next to a cookie.

Also, kamuran, they probably didn't expect anyone to actually obtain the Skylift, that's why there's no space for it or the use of the magnet. But I guess anyone can at least try to go for it, somewhat.

Edited by Duxfever

LCstuntman

Has anyone tried to save it at Johnny's second safehouse? Theres a part of the house that is concave in the middle, so its perfect for saving helicopters.

user posted image

And EXTREME, thats pretty surprising knowing that if you even shoot a trailer containing gasoline (like at the airport), a little flame comes out, and you can catch on fire from that tiny detail.

Rag

I'm pretty sure someone at R* saw this thread and went:

"Houser we have a problem, they got the Skylift ......."

lol.gif

LCstuntman
I'm pretty sure someone at R* saw this thread and went:

"Houser we have a problem, they got the Skylift ......."

lol.gif

hahahaha lol.gif

Yeah, R* would probably sh*t their pants.

XTREME0235

Just completed & uploaded my own personal tutorial.

It is a pretty good tutorial for information wise, and the photo's turned out good.

If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,

XTREME0235

Edit: I don't think there is any sound on it yet as i had too get my audio back from WMG, and that can take from about 1 - 2 hours. I will let you know when the sound comes back, it is just a song called comatose by Skillet.

Edited by XTREME0235

Rag

It is a pretty good tutorial for information wise, and the photo's turned out good.

If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first  public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,

XTREME0235

Edit: I don't think there is any sound on it yet as i had too get my audio back from WMG, and that can take from about 1 - 2 hours. I will let you know when the sound comes back, it is just a song called comatose by Skillet.

Audio didn't come on first but its up now.

Thanks for the video!

XTREME0235

If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first  public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,

XTREME0235

Audio didn't come on first but its up now.

Thanks for the video!

No probs!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Laufas

We need a video walkthrough no offense to you EXTREME your video was great, but I think it would be even easier if I got to watch a video walkthrough of obtaining it.

TGMOS

Well, after three hours of constant trying and nearly dying by the cops I managed to get the

Skylift! biggrin.gif

I found out how to save it to. Save it at Niko's Algonquin safehouse, front end facing south, and you need both the wheel under the cab and the righthand wheel inside the yellow parking space, as close to the building as possible. If you leave it there before traffic knocks it out of the way, suprisingly, you'll find it there later! Still takes up the whole street though, so I really don't know how it's saving it...

I'll try and get pictures later.

Laufas
Well, after three hours of constant trying and nearly dying by the cops I managed to get the

Skylift! biggrin.gif

I found out how to save it to. Save it at Niko's Algonquin safehouse, front end facing south, and you need both the wheel under the cab and the righthand wheel inside the yellow parking space, as close to the building as possible. If you leave it there before traffic knocks it out of the way, suprisingly, you'll find it there later! Still takes up the whole street though, so I really don't know how it's saving it...

Am I the only one that thinks that Johnny's safehouse would be the most obvious choice of saving a helicopter, the one he gets later in the game? I mean it's a completely open area and just seems easy to save a heli in that place

adamcs

I'm uploading a tutorial just now, but I'm not sure how useful it will be. Everytime I steal the Skylift, I get lucky. tounge.gif The first time he spinned out of control for no reason, and the second time he crashed because he happened to be flying pretty low over the highway (I didn't even have to snipe him in this instance).

ade2

Skylift! biggrin.gif

awesome, nice find. now it feels more motivated to get it!

anyone know if there is a way to make the game autosave while you're still present near the skylift and looking at it on the parking lot? seems like there's lots of ways to make the game autosave

artie

If you can actually climb inside and fly the thing then R* won't be surprised that people have obtained it. They obviously made it so people can use it, it just takes work...

adamcs

HD -

IllnessGTA

Can you pick vehicles with it because how come the train car came off?

EDIT: *finds out that there is no way to pick up vehicles* oh...son of a bitch! R* pissed me off so i'm gonna go murder them tonight!

Edited by IllnessGTA

Laufas

HD -

Thanks for the video, I'm going to try getting it later today, I hope I manage to get it smile.gif

IllnessGTA

Can you post a video or a picture of it destroyed?

Thanks