4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ZeeKid2k10

GTA Ballad Of Gay Tony First Week Sales

Nem_Wan

The numbers are the EFLC disc only, not DLC and what the low number means is the vast majority must have chosen download instead. This is why I was saying all along they would not pay to keep GTA IV's 200 songs. EFLC is an afterthought.

These numbers also mean R* MUST patch TLAD for MP compatibility because EFLC users are cut off from the majority of players.

The Infamous

I think the reason nobody really cares about buying gta anymore is the let down of IV, it was a great game and all and many hardcore fans understands that. Some of my friends that dosent really care about the story, but just GTA's opportunities, said it had lost the SA magic. every one expected a new and better San Andreas.

HusseinintheBrain
I don't think R* realizes most people just aren't interested in playing with different characters outside the very limited hardcore fanbase who will eat anything they pick up. They should have spent the time fixing the bugs in GTA IV and working on the next game...

This.

GTA IV just didn't feel like GTA anymore, and the glitches in the game just made it even worse. Those who say that this game was the "stepping stone for the newer GTA's" are blind/dedicated as hell and are simply making excuses for rockstar so they won't have to.

liquidus119

I disagree. GTAIV felt more like a GTA game than San Andreas did. People who think that GTAIV "wasn't like GTA" seem to be casuals who started with Vice City or San Andreas.

I think this is more of a sign that you shouldn't release your DLC as a download and a disk at the same time. They should have waited a month or two like Bethesda did with Fallout 3.

Nightwing 0613
Learn to read I said I own both. Exclusive DLC just shouldn't have happened to a game that came out originally for both systems. If lessoned learned it won't happen to just Xbox players or Sony players again. More devolopers will see that exclusivity doesn't work and will release more games for all platforms. But it's dumb to just sit there acting like an idiot, sucking on Rockstars dick all the time , and hoping they do well when it comes to exclusivity, because if they do well they just are going to make more and more things exclusive. For example, radio stations are just a start.

Funny how you only mention these DLC's for the 360, but don't even mention how the PS3 has done this crap as well with even more games.

How about Batman Arkham Asylum. Why don't you mention how PS3 got to play as the Joker in the exclusive DLC maps for the PS3 only. How about Tales of Vesperia & how PS3 got exclusive content as well. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, how PS3 got exclusive content as well. I can go on and on.

Sony does this crap all the time. Open your eyes fanboy. Microsoft does this once & everyone acts like they are evil. But it is Sony in fact the real evil ones who do this all the freakin time.

buffalosoulj4h20

Learn to read I said I own both. Exclusive DLC just shouldn't have happened to a game that came out originally for both systems. If lessoned learned it won't happen to just Xbox players or Sony players again. More devolopers will see that exclusivity doesn't work and will release more games for all platforms. But it's dumb to just sit there acting like an idiot, sucking on Rockstars dick all the time , and hoping they do well when it comes to exclusivity, because if they do well they just are going to make more and more things exclusive. For example, radio stations are just a start.

Funny how you only mention these DLC's for the 360, but don't even mention how the PS3 has done this crap as well with even more games.

How about Batman Arkham Asylum. Why don't you mention how PS3 got to play as the Joker in the exclusive DLC maps for the PS3 only. How about Tales of Vesperia & how PS3 got exclusive content as well. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, how PS3 got exclusive content as well. I can go on and on.

Sony does this crap all the time. Open your eyes fanboy. Microsoft does this once & everyone acts like they are evil. But it is Sony in fact the real evil ones who do this all the freakin time.

Where do you idiots take it that I'm only favoring the PS3? I said for every game that has exclusive DLC from an original game that came out for more than one system should not be allowed. I am not in favor for any exclusive DLC. Again, learn to read. And since this is a Episodes of liberty DLC forum I didn't bring up other exclusive DLCs. I don't play those sh*t games anyway.

agincourtsalute

These figures are pathetic compared to the millions of copies of GTAIV that were sold on the first day.

A lesson for R* don't limit your consumer base.

kevaxe2k2

Yes, most people downloaded it. This is disc sales.

agincourtsalute

I know but even if 90% of sales were downloads then its still less than 2 million.

Wenis IV
These figures are pathetic compared to the millions of copies of GTAIV that were sold on the first day.

Not really, if it were on PS3 as well it would've only got about another 100k copies sold.

agincourtsalute

Not really, if it were on PS3 as well it would've only got about another 100k copies sold.

If it were on all three platforms the sales would be almost tripled.

LCstuntman

GTA IV just didn't feel like GTA anymore, and the glitches in the game just made it even worse.  Those who say that this game was the "stepping stone for the newer GTA's" are blind/dedicated as hell and are simply making excuses for rockstar so they won't have to.

Those who say it wasn't:

1. Stopped playing the game when they realized it didn't have the (pointless) feature of a plane.

2. Are blind to the many features added.

But lets not turn this into another IV vs. SA thread.

Nem_Wan
I know but even if 90% of sales were downloads then its still less than 2 million.

How do you figure? We only have a number for disc sales. There's no way to know download numbers from that. And what you comparing to that 2 million wouldn't be good? Only the most massive hits sell more than 2 million the first week.

The most likely explanation for the low DISC sales is that TLAD was a hit, therefore people bought the download of TBoGT -- that is what a normal, sane person would do, not pay twice for TLAD to get a disc. There's no reason to think TBoGT is not a hit. We don't know anything about downloads.

Nem_Wan
Update on the EFLC weekly sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Week 2

currently 11th place

weekly sales: 119,824

total: 296,208

Compared to 4,227,628 total after GTA IV's 2nd week (Xbox 360 only), EFLC is performing 7% as well as the original. I wish we could get some download numbers but I think downloads must have blown the disc away thanks to TLAD's installed base driving TBoGT purchases.

NikoTheSoldier

Why does GTA have to ONLY be about campy characters, and "throw in the kitchen sink" gameplay mechanics?

This dumb division between fans is asinine. I think R* should just make a Saints Row version of GTA alongside a serious one, and let everyone enjoy what they want.

ZeeKid2k10

It sold 427,613 in 3 week

Isuck100%

The 360 version of GTA IV sold more copies than any other version, so there's no way the sales would be tripled if it were on all three platforms. At most doubled, as I doubt the PC version sold even half of what the 360 version sold.

Nem_Wan
It sold 427,613 in 3 week

Compared to 4,679,505 by GTA IV (360) Week 3. So now up to 9%. Gradually doing better! Maybe people put it on their Christmas wish lists.

LCstuntman
Why does GTA have to ONLY be about campy characters, and "throw in the kitchen sink" gameplay mechanics?

This dumb division between fans is asinine. I think R* should just make a Saints Row version of GTA alongside a serious one, and let everyone enjoy what they want.

You want them to make it more like SR? Like, add a couple thousands of glitches?

If you're talking about adding more "fun" features, that's what TBoGT is for.

agincourtsalute

The 360 version of GTA IV sold more copies than any other version, so there's no way the sales would be tripled if it were on all three platforms. At most doubled, as I doubt the PC version sold even half of what the 360 version sold.

I said ALMOST tripled, that means more than double.

Insom

There's no telling if people are tired of GTA until the next full one comes out. I think GTA IV left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths cause they expected more features than SA.

urbanfire
There's no telling if people are tired of GTA until the next full one comes out. I think GTA IV left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths cause they expected more features than SA.

Yeh, thanks to overhyping. I really hope they actually consider a larger scale and more diversity when they design the next installment.

Personally I think this DLC business is a waste of time. Remember the good old gta 3 era? GTA 3 comes out 2001, setting an all time high record sales and redefining the sandbox gameplay. Immediately a year after they come out with one of the best sequels in Video Game History - GTA Vice City, whom many, like myself, enjoyed the most.

This gen - GTA IV, and a year and half later - two petty, uncomparable DLC's. And these low sale figures are further tribute to the fact that Liberty City is getting really old, fast.

American Venom

I agree with the Vice City part. smile.gif

TheBruceter

I think that whoever said about the title of the game, could be right.. I thought the same, and so did my mates (none of them have downloaded it yet)

Come on, we had to put up with friggin Bernie in IV. Nevermind (thinking) a whole DLC will revolve around a poof.

And yeah, R*'s sales would defo have improved if it was out on PS3/PC. Exclusivity doesn't work. Bad move by all (but hey, it could still come out smile.gif)

RABBITSF

Hey guys I'm from the future or maybe I'm going to the past .. Here i am reading a conversation from like 10 years ago. But if I never read this I would have never found the link you posted to the website WWW.GVCHARTZ.COM . So thank you.