3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

NorthwestRastafarian

The Firearm Topic

AiraCobra

Have any of ya'll used 9mm S&W Compact?

I heard the slide is a tough one to slide back especially with those of us who don't have much strength in their hands. I'm thinking of trading in my CPX-2 for the Compact but wanted to get ya'll opinons.

I know i'm going to test it out at the range before i buy it of course just wondering

the shield M&p? I've fired my sisters, but i don't remember the slide being hard to pull.

I would probably look at the FNS9, thats been my favorite out of the small compacts with striker fire, i actually sold my SCCY CPX1 and Sig P250 for one.

They just released CPX-3 It's a .380 MSRP $229

SCCY-Products-CPX3-Black-1-720x720.jpg

I was going off reviews i've read on firearm forums of people talking about the slide being hard to rack but none ever mentioned that they fired one so that's why i was asking from ya'll

Daz

Forgot to post these before.

Got given a load of vintage shotgun cartridges recently.

(Mostly 12 gauge paper cartridges, also including a sh*tload of .410s, 9mm Floberts, some 28 gauge and even a 32 gauge that I didn't even know about. Also a police baton round and some old .22LR.)

FWyib2L.jpg

EIFVnWj.jpg

A lot of made in *insert non existent place here* cartridges.

ARitGOS.jpg

8 bore/gauge

BStcueh.jpg

Z1DsuYE.jpg

2TxqJIZ.jpg

El Dildo

Have any of ya'll used 9mm S&W Compact?

I heard the slide is a tough one to slide back especially with those of us who don't have much strength in their hands. I'm thinking of trading in my CPX-2 for the Compact but wanted to get ya'll opinons.

yes.

I've talked about it numerous pages ago now, but that's the arm my girlfriend will carry in the car if she's working late or we're out camping or whatever. she will concealed carry here in Colorado; something I don't have the license for. I've only ever owned shotguns and standard size handguns. that being said I was pretty impressed with the 9C. to be fair I go to the gym but I'm a skinny guy, I don't have the strongest hands either, and the 9C has never been difficult to slide. for as compact as the action is it's actually pretty fat and still easy to grip. before she bought the 9C we had also tried the Shield, and aside from the dimensions it's extremely comparable to the Shield in terms of handling and feel.

Audi

Decided to reward myself and I bought a thing yesterday :panic:

Zastava M92 Pap pistol

A4pJX35.jpg

With the old WASR10/63M for comparison reasons lol

yvFjtzW.jpg

Cripto136

Don't talk to me or my son ever again!hlpGfTmh.jpg

Edited by Cripto136

Daz

Those berettas are f*cking gorgeous.

I have an 84BB in .380. (Deactivated)

Also a 71 in .22lr (Deactivated)

hZ59MwG.jpg

UP58yVJ.jpg

In other news, I would love to shoot one of these. Not own one though as 8K is an insane price for a pistol, or more or less any gun.

ShadowPerson

Zastava M92 Pap pistol

Please remain calm while the AIC´s officers reach your house. Thanks!

Audi

Zastava M92 Pap pistol

Please remain calm while the AIC´s officers reach your house. Thanks!

Good thing I'm in El Norte now :lol:

Got a 4x scope gifted to me for Christmas specifically for my WASR, just need to mount it and take pics. Already had the scope mounts, just need rings.

Edit: Holy sh*t i want that 7.5FK pistol..

Edited by Audi

Adrenalist

Daz is the thread breaker. At least in the last couple of pages. Holy F

Daz

I am usually just unliking and liking posts to remind people about the topic to entice them to post so I can post a load more sh*t.

Anyway, I had some issues with a few of my guns. My Win94 a screw fell out which was attached to the side rails which prevents the round from flying up off the lifter. That whole piece jammed the gun up, but it rattled and fell out the back underneath the bolt, so now I know what the isue was. But now after fiiguring that out, the screw won't grab the threads so now it may need repairs.

My Mossberg 590 had issues feeding into the mag tube, the follower would just jam up with extreme force. I managed to do exploratory surgery on that also and figured out the mag follower was mushroomed out and squashed. The gun was new so it was likely done by the proof house when I had the magazine restricted, bought a new follower, works perfect now.

And now my Alfa-proj revolver has broke. (Pics below) This was the biggest bitch of all. All of a sudden it just jammed up and the hammer/trigger wouldn't pull past a couple of cm. I managed to get the side plate off after a long and lengthy battle with the top screw being a bastard not coming off. finally got the side plate off. Turns out there is a cheap piece of metal that snapped off from the cylinder release button bar that runs inside the action. There was a spring behind it keeping it from being loose and it sprung out to the side and blocked the hammer moving back. I pulled that out and managed to get the spring back in without the larger part of the bar and it works fine now. The major f*cker was getting the mainspring back in. As the spring is longer than the bar, you need to put extreme pressure on it to get the spring down past a tiny hole in which you put a paper clip through. Did that but then the paperclip sheared off when trying to get the thing out once it was in place. Had to use what felt like 3 hands to get it all working, holding the bitch down whilst screwdriving the spring back and also using pliers to pull the pin out. Anyway, I finally did it and it works now. Thank f*ck. The problem now is the side plate has a plunger on and you need to pull that back put another paperclip through to keep it in it's place then put it on then pull the pin out. I didn't have a paperclip so I was using large staples. So that took a while to properly keep that pinned back. All in all it should have just gone to a gunsmith so I wouldn't have to hate screws and springs more than I do now. f*ck that gun, it can get sold. f*ck if I want to open that thing up again.

Also tried a red dot on one of my pistols:

3QinNJ6.jpg

UCJUTZa.jpg

i2JJmzF.jpg

hMxHcxX.jpg

JgumkAA.jpg

3BCCqQy.jpg

Edited by Daz

Audi

The red dot looks good lol

My wasr is having issues now with ejecting spent cases properly, need to tear it apart and clean it better then the last couple times. I'm really bad about that.

Audi

Still missing the scope rings but test fitted the mount out of boredom

CC1KnwCh.jpg

Daz

Finally got a new one.

Henry Big Boy Steel, .38/.357 16 inch. A year and a half ago I planned on getting one before finding out the 16 inch large loop version was not imported into the country, only the 20 inch. I saw one for sale last Monday and have never ever seen one for sale, so I bought it instantly.

G2H6aew.jpg

ERt5rRM.jpg

AixUPRB.jpg

A70aHtj.jpg

kUMonS9.jpg

eteYQOB.jpg

Audi
Posted (edited)

Man I really want a repeating rifle. Been thinking of a .30-30 caliber

Edited by Audi

Daz

Shot this on the weekend:

6UgyDYj.jpg

The frame is basically unchanged from a .357 double action revolver, but to make it legal to shoot here the cylinder can be removed and you have to load it like a muzzle loading revolver. It takes special .357 made wad cutter cylindrical bullets, uses loose smokeless powder, and shotgun primers on the back of the cylinder. Shoots well, like a light .38 special.

Audi

bump

20180722_142940.jpg

Daz

New product coming out here.

Chiappa Rhino UK legal version, .38/.357, 9x19mm and .44 Magnum

Ugly as sin, but tempting in 9mm

y/n?

gGitZeu.jpg

Audi

LOL would get for the novelty alone.

Forty

@Daz said I should post this here, though I already linked it in the recent purchase thread.

u6UCWig.jpg

M1A Socom 16. Just finished readying her for tomorrow, oiled and greased. Also installed a Sadlak National Match rod spring guide which should improve the action beyond what it already was. Next upgrades will be a tin coated Sadlak gas piston, and the National Match rear sight assembly. My only complaint is that the rear sight objective is too large, so there's a lot of play to center up the forward post. Nothing some familiarity can't address but an upgraded sight would also be fun to install.

My other guns, I'll post pics later:

* Sig Sauer P320 Subcompact in 9mmx19

* Glock 22 in .40S&W

* Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor

* Remington 870 12ga. pump

Adrenalist

CiFi6o.jpg

Picked this up earlier this week. With a can it’s going to be too long for home defense or as a truck gun, so while I’m keeping it, I decided that a LMT CSW will suit my needs better. While I’m excited to see how this V7P shoots suppressed, I’m far more interested in how the CSW performs. That one’s a game changer, imho. 

sivispacem
On 7/28/2018 at 6:30 AM, Forty said:

@Daz

* Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor

You shooting F-Class or something? 

Forty
16 hours ago, sivispacem said:

You shooting F-Class or something? 

No, just casually for fun. I don't have the time to be an F class shooter.

Daz

The MP5 will always be king in my book.

GTA-Biker

Hey guys,just a quick question,is leaving a full magazine for a long time bad for the spring?

AiraCobra
6 hours ago, GTA-Biker said:

Hey guys,just a quick question,is leaving a full magazine for a long time bad for the spring?

Exactly how long are you talking?

A few days, a few weeks, a few months?

GTA-Biker
1 hour ago, AiraCobra said:

Exactly how long are you talking?

A few days, a few weeks, a few months?

A few months,maybe up to a year at most.

AiraCobra
26 minutes ago, GTA-Biker said:

A few months,maybe up to a year at most.

I started to write an answer but I found this explains it better than I tried to do.

In theory, if you started with a brand new magazine and loaded it to full capacity, then left it in a drawer, it should not lose a significant amount of spring tension for a very, very long time. Probably years. But the reality is messier than that. Tiny variances in the materials and processes used to make the spring can lead to unpredictable results, and there are always outside factors like moisture/corrosion, dust and debris, and ammunition-related issues that can cause the magazine to fail before the spring would actually wear out naturally.

When left loaded to full capacity and not used, most magazines will very slowly lose some amount of spring tension over time. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to say with any certainty just how long it will take before the spring loses enough tension to start causing issues. Some springs may stay loaded for decades and still function, and others might wear out after a much shorter period of time. So just to be safe, the best practice is to rotate the magazines periodically. That’s where you unload your magazines and let them “rest” for a while, and switch to the second set of magazines to keep loaded for the next cycle.

I personally have a Concealed Carry Permit so I ALWAYS have a magazine loaded and ready to go in my firearm and a second magazine as a spare but I do go to the gun range at least twice a month so my spring get a decent workout with loading and unloading 100 bullets and then going a week or two where the magazines are fully loaded without being unloaded and personally the spring is still just as strong as ever.

Also whenever I buy a new magazine I break it in by loading and unloading it many times over the week and then leaving it loaded and letting it sit for a week or two just to loosen the spring up so it doesn't have so much resistance when i'm trying to load the gun and it's not pushing back so hard that I need a mag loader.

So your magazine should be just fine but if you're worried about it just take a closer look at it and after looking at it reload the gun to capacity minus one (so if it holds 10 rounds only load 9) and then press down on the top bullet and see if there is any resistance and spring pushes them back up into the right position and if it does than the spring is still plenty tight and good to go.

If the spring looks done you can either replace it or simply buy a new magazine which is what I do as it's a hassle replacing the spring and a new mag doesn't cost all that much anyways

GTA-Biker
12 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

I started to write an answer but I found this explains it better than I tried to do.

In theory, if you started with a brand new magazine and loaded it to full capacity, then left it in a drawer, it should not lose a significant amount of spring tension for a very, very long time. Probably years. But the reality is messier than that. Tiny variances in the materials and processes used to make the spring can lead to unpredictable results, and there are always outside factors like moisture/corrosion, dust and debris, and ammunition-related issues that can cause the magazine to fail before the spring would actually wear out naturally.

When left loaded to full capacity and not used, most magazines will very slowly lose some amount of spring tension over time. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to say with any certainty just how long it will take before the spring loses enough tension to start causing issues. Some springs may stay loaded for decades and still function, and others might wear out after a much shorter period of time. So just to be safe, the best practice is to rotate the magazines periodically. That’s where you unload your magazines and let them “rest” for a while, and switch to the second set of magazines to keep loaded for the next cycle.

I personally have a Concealed Carry Permit so I ALWAYS have a magazine loaded and ready to go in my firearm and a second magazine as a spare but I do go to the gun range at least twice a month so my spring get a decent workout with loading and unloading 100 bullets and then going a week or two where the magazines are fully loaded without being unloaded and personally the spring is still just as strong as ever.

Also whenever I buy a new magazine I break it in by loading and unloading it many times over the week and then leaving it loaded and letting it sit for a week or two just to loosen the spring up so it doesn't have so much resistance when i'm trying to load the gun and it's not pushing back so hard that I need a mag loader.

So your magazine should be just fine but if you're worried about it just take a closer look at it and after looking at it reload the gun to capacity minus one (so if it holds 10 rounds only load 9) and then press down on the top bullet and see if there is any resistance and spring pushes them back up into the right position and if it does than the spring is still plenty tight and good to go.

If the spring looks done you can either replace it or simply buy a new magazine which is what I do as it's a hassle replacing the spring and a new mag doesn't cost all that much anyways

Thanks for the info.I don't carry my PPK,so I keep my magazines empty unless I go to the range,which ain't really often.

ZekoX

I am pretty much interested in firearms for 6 months for now, and didn't own anyone but just held an pistol more likely a Beretta, which is my cousin's. I own a weapon with self-defense like axes, home-made weapons like: balloon and cut the top of a plastic bottle, then put the balloon inside the plastic bottle (cut part) and put little stones in it. Now I am rarely using it. I wish I own a WWII gun, likely an assault rifle Strumgewehr 44/MP44. Some Vietnam war guns, like the French MAT-49. On WWI, the great Nagant M1895. A throw weapon, likely an smoke grenade (I don't like using normal grenades). I have wished pretty much, didn't I? 

Edited by ZekoX