Laufas

TLAD or TBOGT

The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony  

465 members have voted

1. 1. The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony

• The Lost and Damned
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony

CreepShow

TBoGT. I don't like bikers which appears in TLaD. I like nightclubs and luxury cars like in The Ballad of Gay Tony, and Luis López is great character, one of my favorites.

Agreed. I hated the biker theme as well: "please get back on your bike!" Ohh piss off I ptefer to use cars. James has died, mission failed etc. Piss off again, I dont need any help from my biker buddies, I prefer flying solo. And dont even get me started on that badge that appears on roads, its got to be the most annoying/pointless thing out of any GTA to date!!!

So here's the question: WHY THE HECK YOU PLAY IT?

if he didn't play it, you would be all: BUT YAH DIDNU PLAY IT, U DONT UNDERSTAND HOW DEEP SOTRY WAS AAUAHUHUGGUGH

I havent played GTA$5 and I know how sh*tty it is.

A.O.D.88

Yellow > Pink

Rock 'n Roll and Heavy Metal > Hip Hop and Dance Music

Bikers > Clubbers

Beer > Champagne

Choppers > Sports Cars

Johnny > Luis

Terry & Clay > Armando & Henrique

Tbh, that awful pink sky wouldn't look good in Vice City either.

THIS!!! A TRILLION TIMES THIS!!!!!! B Dawg you are my new favorite poster on this forum.

Edited by A.O.D.88

DERGaming

It was me who already created this

Lexyz.

Wrong,this was created in 2009 -.-

CreepShow

You made a post, but there was a post about Brucie already. The one you made was merged in the old one. Also you made like a million threads in 4 weeks, you should not make pointless threads.

Lancerator

tlad for the win

Uncle Vlad

Funny thing, before playing them I thought that I´ll love TBoGT and was affraid if I´d be able to get into TLaD. But after playing both of them I was excited about TLaD and TBoGT was quite okay, but nothing more.

But since I started to do my playthroughs in chronological order (IV and both episodes) TBoGT really grew on me. I realised my problem with TBoGT was that it got annoying at some point when I played it from the beginning to the end. But switching to Niko´s and Johnny´s stories at certain points turns it into a refreshing experience.

So for me TBoGT is best enjoyed in small doses. :lol:

Edited by Uncle Vlad

TaylorTheCreator

TLAD was actually really sad for me, TBoGT was more enjoyable and exciting for me.

Piggsy pls

I liked TLAD's story more, but TBOGT has more features, I think they even out. I don't really like the color on either DLC, TBOGT has a weird shade of pink on everything, TLAD made everything even more dark and brown/grey than IV did, which was already too much. Seriously, what's with games based in NY making everything look all dark and edgy? NYC doesn't look like this in real life, lol.

O.Z

I liked TLAD's story more, but TBOGT has more features, I think they even out. I don't really like the color on either DLC, TBOGT has a weird shade of pink on everything, TLAD made everything even more dark and brown/grey than IV did, which was already too much. Seriously, what's with games based in NY making everything look all dark and edgy? NYC doesn't look like this in real life, lol.

GTA IV - dark and gritty

TLAD - dark and gritty with added yellow (lots of it)

TBOGT - pink

Piggsy pls

GTA IV - dark and gritty

TBOGT - pink

The DLC's should've just kept IV's color palette IMO.

Brian Grey

I prefer TLAD more than TBoGT, it starts of fun with the war with the Angels of Death then it starts getting depressing when Billy gets arrested and The Lost split in half (Johnny vs Brian) then at the end where most of your brothers and people you knew are dead and burning down the clubhouse was just sad but signifies its over. TBoGT was fun had lots of cool things to do, the underground fight club was awesome something that would of suited Johnny Klebbits, both DLCs were great and added a different perspective to Liberty City other than Niko trying to start a new life with his cousin and ends up working for Mob bosses, crime familys, corrupt cops to find the man who betrayed and caused the deaths of most of his fellow soldiers in the ambush and to try and escape the way of life knows.

George Costanza

GTA IV - dark and gritty

TBOGT - pink

The DLC's should've just kept IV's color palette IMO.

I disagree with you. The DLCs are showing us LC from different perspectives. Not everyone got same view on world, not everyone is reliving the same story. Edited by Tomasak

DoctorMike

TBOGT: weapons, more activities, nightclubs, modern feeling, sports car etc.

TLAD: Story, more dramatic moments and betrayal and such. Protagonist, antagonist, etc

Piggsy pls

GTA IV - dark and gritty

TBOGT - pink

The DLC's should've just kept IV's color palette IMO.I disagree with you. The DLCs are showing us LC from different perspectives. Not everyone got same view on world, not everyone is reliving the same story.Eh, the way I see it, it just makes LC seem inconsistent across the games, but alright.

iiCriminnaaL 49

L27dd63.png >latest?cb=20110731153453

I. Plot:

1. Motorcycle Club Vice President (later president) > Nightclub Manager - A veteran member of an outlaw motorcycle club is definitely more appropriate for the crime underworld than a manager of a nightclub. That was a reason why The Lost and Damned's theme was/is more atmospheric and overall memorable than The Ballad of Gay Tony's.
  2. The Lost MC's Downfall Story > Gay Tony Prince's Disaster Story - So, we're comparing a plot that's consisted of running a ruthless, notorious biker gang known as The Lost Motorcycle Club, with another plot involved around fulfilling the debts of a paranoid nightclub owner called "Gay" Tony Prince. It's subjective, sure, but many people can't deny that the first one is the more interesting narrative. At least in The Lost and Damned, you're your own boss, as before Johnny has already taken over as Chapter President, he's the second man on the ladder, just after Billy, who for the most (though not the entire) time treats him more like a partner than a soldier. Even when Johnny works along with people like Liz Torres and Boccino, he is not just a hired gun, but a partner with a specific cut, with The Lost MC taken into consideration, which benefits the club as whole. I also don't like how the leading character in The Ballad of Gay Tony, hence the name, is actually not the protagonist himself, but Tony Prince. Not to mention that TLAD's story feels longer, less rushed, and what's more, more memorable. And in addition to that, it's way more realistic and believable, and missions are perfectly tied altogether, unlike in TBOGT, where each mission barely has anything to do with its predecessor. When it comes to the stories of the diamonds and the packs of the heroin and cocaine, TLAD not only takes the lead, compared to standard IV and TBOGT, but it actually plays a role regarding the events of the drug packs, in contrast to TBOGT. And just to add: while the nightlife reminds the players of Vice City, you may want to remember that bikers also played an effective role of Vice City's story. And when it comes to San Andreas, TLAD was closer to what the former's main theme was: gang life, along with its businesses and wars. Personally, I'd pick the core theme of the deep criminal underworld's leadership over the nightclub scene any day in GTA, especially when the nightclubs play horrible music like in TBOGT. Actually, when I come to think of it, the only times I felt interested while playing TBOGT's story were when Niko and The Lost get in line. Other than that, I couldn't care less.
  3. Johnny Klebitz's Campaign Luis Lopez's Career - In addition to the general journey, The Lost and Damned's 'Clean And Serene' is more engaging than 'I Luv LC' in The Ballad of Gay Tony's as a first mission, and arguably the best first mission among the franchise. Not completely simple and generic like TBOGT's, yet not too noisy and exhausting like in GTA V. Same with 'Get Lost' in TLAD, it's more exciting than TBOGT's 'Departure Time' as a final mission. And in addition to TBOGT's generic first mission, it has two filler missions, which are: 'Blog This!...' and 'Ladies' Night'. If you exclude them along with the first mission, TBOGT has 23 action-packed missions out of 26, and still, most of them are not as exciting as TLAD's. Also, forcing helicopters in the most of the missions was really overdone, as apart from the fact that flying helicopters in missions is mostly tedious, it's clear that the story was forced to go along with the introduced features by anyhow, even where it doesn't fit. When it comes to freedom, following standard IV, TLAD has a couple of missions which offer some variety regarding the path it can be done with, in contrast to TBOGT, which forces a single approach that must be followed in order to pass out. And did I mention that Johnny fighting alongside his brothers in TLAD is more entertaining and believable than Luis fighting an army of cops, Triads and Russian mobsters? And fortunately, in a way that doesn't hurt the gameplay experience. And just to add: while TBOGT's missions are claimed by many people to be very similar to San Andreas', they're indeed only similar to the worst and least realistic part of it - Toreno's branch, although it went even MORE over the top than Toreno's missions. And since standard GTA IV, while still more enjoyable than the previous titles, at least for me, due to its engaging storytelling and wonderful mechanics, kinda offers less action compared to its predecessors due to Niko's situation of being a hired gun, a lot of people claim that TBOGT "brought back the fun from the 3D era", while in fact it went too over the top and was more action-packed than the necessary. TLAD has already brought back the type of action that was offered in the 3D era's titles, such as: bigger numbers of enemies who mostly carry more effective weapons, and sometimes explosives, more existence of gas tanks within the areas where the shootouts take place, and the return of the classic mission types with a fair share of action and diversity: retrieving a bike from enemies, chasing rival gangsters to take them down through a drive-by, retrieving provoked industrial territories from rival gangsters, breaking the hideout of a rival gang in order to take its members down, stealing bikes and packing them onto a truck, shooting your way out of an ambush, blowing vans up with bombs, taking gangsters down to steal a van, and on-rail style chases. Let alone the new missions consisting of provoking FIB agents in order to lure them into an ambush, liberating white-collar prisoners by jacking the packed prison bus from the LCPD, kidnapping (it existed in standard IV though), and breaking into the prison. And people say that TLAD's missions are repetitive! Which makes me wonder about the approach TBOGT went along with, why fix something that's not broken here?
  4. TLAD's Intro > TBOGT's Intro - An opening scene of The Lost MC's main members leaving their clubhouse, heading to pick their leader up as he gets released from rehab, now THAT makes you feel that it's "where it all started", unlike Luis just being an unfortunate hostage in a bank heist in The Ballad of Gay Tony's beginning. It could've been finer had it been a unique moment for TBOGT, similar to how it is with The Lost and Damned, but no, it was just a crossover with Niko's story.
  5. TLAD's Ending > TBOGT's Ending - In addition to the more engaging scenes and dialogue the former offers, it actually feels like a true "end". The player's questions are answered, the characters' fates are already revealed and everything is clear. As for The Ballad of Gay Tony, it's a loose ending; where did Tony go? And why did he suddenly leave town when he told Luis that "You saved my life, you saved the business. You f*cking did it."? What about the Ancelottis? Aren't they going to go after Tony and Luis for the kidnap that occurred on Gracie Ancelotti while she was supposed to be taken care of by the former two? Or maybe for killing Vince? And except in hangouts and Drug Wars, why haven't Armando and Henrique shown up in the story ever since the few first moments of it?
  6. TLAD's Realistic Conversations > TBOGT's Cartoonish Conversations.
  7. TLAD has better antagonist development - Bulgarin felt very forced as the main antagonist of Luis. If anything, Rocco and Giovanni Ancelotti could've made more sense. Hell, even Vincenzo, who was basically Pelosi's shadow, could've been more believable.
  8. TLAD has better character in-depth and backstory - Hanging out with Jim, Terry and Clay reveals a lot of history about them, their relationships between each other and with Johnny and Billy, and their point of view regarding The Lost MC, something you don't get from Armando and Henrique, who just insult Luis and ask him about his mother, sister and brother. In addition, after certain events of the story, Johnny can have a word with Angus and Ashley through phone calls, similar to how it is with Niko to Roman in standard IV, which barely happens in The Ballad of Gay Tony, like only two times during the entire storyline, and still nowhere as catchy as IV's and The Lost and Damned's.
    • The Lost and Damned's plot was handled to go along with the story, whereas on the other hand, The Ballad of Gay Tony forced the story to go along with the elements it offered, which pretty much explains the mess it was. I can for instance understand how a motorcycle club's Arms Sergeant like Terry is capable of bringing a gun van, with grenades, launchers, and even rockets, but there's no way that it applies to a loser drug dealer like Armando, who, ironically, can even bring some military-grade weapons like the C4, Automatic Shotgun and Advanced MG into his van. That applies to his buddy Henrique, as well; how the hell is a lowlife drug dealer like him capable to bring Luis some sport cars - and wait... even an APC NOOSE tank? That's just ridiculous. On the other hand, ordering bikes from Clay in TLAD, especially as the Road Captain of the club, is sensible and very fitting. In TBOGT's case, such features were there just for the sake of it. If anything, they could've been more suitable in the hands of Yusuf Amir, excluding the APC tank nonetheless. Another example of the messed up hype is the forced appearance of the golden Buzzard during 'Not So Fast', even though Luis' original perspective of the diamond deal in the Libertonian was previously shown in TLAD's credits, but was completely changed in TBOGT, which was followed by that pathetic nonsense sky shootout to add for some more action. Not to mention the replacement of the Ancelottis with the LCPD in the same mission. And did I mention that the diamonds were reported to be found in the city's dumb, whereas in TBOGT, they were shown to be found in Meadows Park? Also, what's up with Armando and Henrique coming out of nowhere, whereas Willy Valerio and Teddy Benavidez don't have any role? And don't get me started on Mori Kibbutz's mystery, whom we didn't get not a single hint of during all of Brucie's missions and hangout sessions. On the other hand, Billy, although not by name, was mentioned in standard IV's reports, and Jim (while has a continuity error)Jason and Ashley have already made appearances. As for Brian, Terry and Clay not showing up or getting hinted of, that's because Niko isn't even a friend of Johnny, and excluding the diamonds' issue with Klebitz and Fitzgerald, he doesn't have anything to do with The Lost MC's lieutenants, and since Jeremy (obviously), Thorpe and Simons weren't involved in that neither, they didn't need to show up. When it comes to Angus, you know... that crippled dude cannot participate. That said, the reports of TBOGT's events were nowhere as detailed or accurate as TLAD's in standard IV neither.

II. Cast:

1. Johnny Klebitz > Luis Lopez - The former not only has a well developed personality and written in-depth that everyone knows in his character, he's also WAY less hypothetical than Luis. Yeah, every protagonist is hypothetical in some way, and that's quite natural, but Luis just takes the cake alongside Victor Vance; "So, who do you want me to kill, boss?", a few days later: "I'll fight anyone, do whatever, but I ain't a contract killer.", a few days later, again: "I like killing for money". Not to mention that he always puts it out that he doesn't want to get sent back to prison for dealing drugs with Armando and Henrique, yet he keeps helping them out on that nonetheless, not only in the Drug Wars minigame, but also during the story. Some would prefer Lopez to Johnny for the latter being a rat for "Kidnapping Roman and ripping Ray off". But, do you actually expect a criminal protagonist to stay loyal to every single man he worked with, especially a guido like Boccino? A few examples of the other protagonists' disloyalty: Claude whacking Kenji Kasen for Donald Love, Tommy killing Diaz, CJ breaking into the Caligula's and stealing the mafia's money, knowing that he has just been recently working for Salvatore, Niko turning on Pegorino by killing Dimitri in the Revenge ending, Michael Townley setting a hit on Trevor, and Trevor kidnapping Patricia Madrazo. It's understandable for some of them to do what they did, namely Tommy, Niko and Michael, but a lot of players still consider their acts as betrayals. Briefly, Klebitz stabbing Boccino was nothing unfamiliar. At least he had the balls to rip that mob capo off in order to keep the whole two million dollars for The Lost MC. That said, he is loyal to The Lost, and cool with MalcDeSean and Liz. As for kidnapping Bellic; despite the fact that he kidnapped him to save his girlfriend, Butler, he didn't know that Roman was Niko's cousin. And why would he mind even if he'd known? To Johnny, Niko was just some hitman who he got to work with for a certain deal, nothing more. He doesn't see him as a "GTA protagonist" as we do. If it's just about kidnapping, then remember that CJ kidnapped Johnny Sindacco, Niko kidnapped Gracie, and Trevor kidnapped Patricia. If it's generally about being cruel, then I got some news for you: every single protagonist IS a damn cruel 😛; you're playing as criminals, not lawful citizens. At least Johnny doesn't bury people alive, throw them up from a skyscraper or mercilessly torture them, and with pride. I'm looking at you Carl Johnson, Luis Lopez and Trevor Philips.
  2. Jim Fitzgerald > Tony Prince.
  3. Billy Grey > Rocco Pelosi - Rocco has been the main douche through the whole story, thus it would be fairer to put him aside Billy rather than putting Bulgarin, even though the latter is technically the final boss.
  4. Brian Jeremy > Vince & Timur.
  5. Terry Thorpe > Armando Torres.
  6. Clay Simons > Henrique Bardas.
  7. Ray Boccino > Ray Bulgarin - While the latter was a mysterious menacing mobster in standard IV, he was changed to a mad child who loses it all when he finds out about his associate being involved in stealing his diamonds in The Ballad of Gay Tony. Also, what's up with showing him as a very silly rock-lover? Yeah, even crime lords have free time to enjoy their hobbies, but that just was too overdone, just like the whole so-called humor in the game.
  8. Ashley Butler > Adriana Lopez.
  9. Angus Martin > Dessie.
  10. Tom Stubbs IIIYusuf Amir - According to IV, the latter was originally meant to be a serious businessman, which was only changed in The Ballad of Gay Tony, turned into a complete crazy and silly man who plays with his dad's money to chase his cartoonish goals. Nonetheless, it's unfortunate how people forget dope characters with some sense of humor, like Stubbs, and head to complete maniac ones with overdone comic like Amir instead, who is obviously overrated.
  11. Liz Torres > Gracie Ancelotti.
  12. Malc > Mori Kibbutz.
  13. DeSean > Brucie Kibbutz.
  14. Jason Michaels > Troy.
  15. Dave Grossman > Evan Moss.
    • It's ironic how most people who dislike The Lost and Damned picture the bikers as annoying depressive kids, when in reality, the only annoying people are the disgusting douche bags in The Ballad of Gay Tony. I'd pick the former's well developed badasses over the latter's poorly written jackasses any day. I'd also like to point out that The Lost and Damned contains a lot more minor characters than The Ballad of Gay Tony, such as: Chad, Mr. Roncero, Pretty Boy, Leila Sharpe, Ed McCornish, Agent Jones (who doesn't physically appear, but only threatens the protagonist on the phone, which is an interesting type of character), Leavis, Andreas, Marta, and probably even more who I cannot recall. As for humor, I can see each of Klebitz, Grey, Jeremy, Boccino, Stubbs, Liz and Malc doing a better job regarding comic than TBOGT's reused cheap jokes and overdone so-called humor.

III. Environment:

1. The Lost MC & Uptown Riders > Clubbers & Northwood Dominicans Drug Dealers.
  2. The Angels Of Death MC & Pegorino Crime Family > Ancelotti Crime Family & Bulgarin Bratva - Sure, each of the Ancelottis and Bulgarins are more powerful and interesting than the Pegorinos, but when it comes to their roles respectively, the latter are written better in The Lost and Damned than the former two in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
  3. The Lost MC's Clubhouse & Johnny’s Townhouse (previously Brian’s) > Maisonette 9, Hercules & Luis’ Flat.
  4. TLAD's Selection of Rock 'n' Roll & Heavy Metal > TBOGT's Selection of Hip Hop & Electro Music.
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony's theme mostly reflects Gay Tony's point of view, which explains the overused pink colors and the awful soundtrack. I'm not saying that the whole soundtrack of TBOGT is bad, though. Its lists of Electro-Choc and San Juan Sounds are easily among the worst tracks I've ever heard in my life. On the other hand, I found its version of Vladivostok FM to be pretty cool, and K109 The Studio was fine as well... kinda. But even that doesn't justify it, since the nightclub which the protagonist works in plays Electro-Choc, which is also set to play in most vehicles by default, along with San Juan Sounds.

IV. Entertainments:

1. Gang Warfare > Drug Warfare - The former is more challenging and polished. Meanwhile in The Ballad of Gay Tony, enemies are suddenly placed behind you as soon as you move the camera to another side. Not to mention that Gang Warfare actually makes more sense than Drug Wars: the former unlocks after the war between The Lost MC and the Angels of Death MC is already renewed, which makes it understandable for Klebitz to hunt the Angels of Death bikers down. As for the other gangs, they were included for the sake of gameplay variety and some sort of "showing respect" - arguably, a mixture of sensible story explanation and justified gameplay value. When it comes to the Drug Wars, Lopez had already made it clear that he doesn't want to get sent back to prison, and he always repeats himself to his two buddies, yet he finds himself committing in numberless drug business campaigns alongside them? And you can't compare the dialogue of Armando and Henrique with Terry's and Clay's.
  2. Angus' Bike Thefts & Stubbs' Dirty Laundry > Club Management & Sky Diving - That reminds me, following IV, The Lost and Damned actually has character side-jobs. Not to mention that Angus' Bike Thefts, like the side-missions of the 3D era's titles, and in contrast to the side-missions of standard IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony, properly reward the player with the sport bike Bati 800 spawning outside The Lost MC's clubhouse and Johnny's townhouse after completion. When it comes to standard IV, taking out all the Pigeons rewards the player with an Annihilator spawning outside Niko's safehouse though, but that's it. Still doesn't apply to the game's side-missions. And still, that isn't more useful than bikes and cars.
  3. Bike Races > Triathlons - Personally, I find The Lost and Damned's Bikes Races to be the most exciting type of races among the franchise. And again, like Angus' Bike Thefts, TLAD's Bike Races are pretty rewarding, with the sport bike Hakuchou spawning outside The Lost MC's clubhouse and Johnny's townhouse.
  4. Arm Wrestling & Gambling > Champagne Drinking & Dancing.
  5. Choppers & Sport Bikes > Helicopters & Sport Cars.
  6. TLAD's Criminality Customized Weaponry > TBOGT's Military-grade Weaponry - The Ballad of Gay Tony has a little higher number of guns than The Lost and Damned, but I still think that the latter's are more entertaining, at least for me. They're far more suitable and believable for a crime game, unlike TBOGT's military-grade weaponry. Not to mention that TBOGT ruined the Grenade Launcher with that explosion impact and the ridiculously short explosion period. The rest of the weapons weren't balanced neither; Automatic Shotgun has higher range than Assault Rifles, Advanced MG is weaker than both the AK-47 and M4 by a ton, the 44. Pistol is nearly just a remodeled Desert Eagle, and such. They even sound like toys, in contrast to the believable gun sounds that fit in with the standard weapons of GTA IV in TLAD.
  7. TLAD's Random Encounters > TBOGT's Random Encounters - Exciting missions with some interesting stories laying behind the characters, especially Brian, if spared.
  8. The ability to call for backup in TLAD - It's even better than Dwayne's backup in standard IV, due to the progression, health and dialogue.
  9. The ability to order a weapon delivery for free in TLAD - Till 'Was It Worth It?'.
  10. The protection of The Lost MC in TLAD.
  11. No annoying mission scoring in TLAD - While a lot of people found it a good element that adds some more replayability, a lot of people, me included, find it so annoying and unnecessary. You gotta rush, concentrate on headshots and keep on a certain level of damage percentage. Otherwise, you won't feel comfortable enough due to the fact you aren't getting 100%. If I want to replay a mission, that will be for the fun factor and freedom I would have, not for the completion stats.
  12. Hanging out with friends is more engaging in TLAD - Call one of Jim, Terry and Clay, they all will be all together. No need to ride them, they’ll follow you on their bikes, and then split up when you’re done with them. Their dialogue is interesting as well. To be mentioned, friend calls got the best balance in The Lost and Damned; not as constant as in IV, yet not totally scrapped as in The Ballad of Gay Tony. Also, you get to hang with Johnny’s side-kick, Jim, whereas in TBOGT, you can’t do so with Tony. And as I mentioned, hanging out with Fitzgerald, Thorpe and Simons actually reveals history and interesting details about them, in contrast to Torres and Bardas only insulting Luis and asking him about his family.
  13. Toughness statistic for buddies in TLAD - Makes you feel the progress of your buddies.
    • The Lost and Damned's hype is actually focused on the crime underworld, and it's more engaging and it perfectly ties with the story, whereas The Ballad of Gay Tony's features are just there for the sake of it, and most of them aren't even crime-based. As for the L.C. Cage Fighting being featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony rather than The Lost and Damned, it didn't really fit THAT well, or at least as well as it could've in The Lost and Damned; It's more suitable for a hardcore biker theme than a nightlife based theme. I mean, it's a gritty underground club for fighting that plays Liberty City Hardcore in the background and hires redneck gangsters (some/if not all of them are bikers, and what's more, associated with The Lost MC, either as patched members, prospects, or supporters at least) for security. Not to mention that, while Luis had already committed in the club sometime in the past, you might be aware that he isn't interested in it anymore, if you pay attention to the dialogue of the mission Momma's Boy. I can't recall if I heard Johnny talk about interest in brawls on the other hand, but I believe he does, or at least some people can confirm. In addition, members of The Lost MC and the Angels Of Death MC already participate in the club. Not to mention that along with side-missions like Club Management, Triathlons, Sky Diving and Sport Car Racing, Fight Club feels like the odd one out there. On the other hand, The Lost and Damned offers Arm Wrestling, Card Gambling and aggressive Bike Races, which doesn't make the Fight Club feel out of place compared to the rest of the minigames.

V. Multiplayer:

1. TLAD replaces a couple of standard IV's multiplayer modes with new ones to suit the biker background, and they're still as epic as the default ones, if not more. TBOGT just gets rid of epic modes, not adding new ones in behalf of them - There could've been some modes based on protecting celebrities, skydiving or triathlons, or even a mode based on Mafiya Work, but instead of the Petrovic mob, the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers would replace them.
  2. A good balance between the default and the episodic weaponry in TLAD's multiplayer - Only the episodic weaponry was available in The Ballad of Gay Tony's multiplayer.
  3. No annoying Buzzards and explosion wars in TLAD's multiplayer.

Now I'm not saying that The Ballad of Gay Tony is a bad game, but it feels so lacking and weak. However, the things I liked the most about TBOGT were the fight club (which could've been even more suiting in TLAD, as it was planned to be available in the latter), the ability to replay missions, killing Bulgarin (could've been way better if he was killed by Niko instead) and the cleaner color corrections. (although I didn't like how the sky turns pink during sunrises and sunsets)

Sure, it offers some crazy elements that most people consider wonderful and huge, such as the parachute, APC tank, and military-grade weapons, but The Lost and Damned is overall more solid and realistic, and for me, it's more engaging and entertaining, especially due to the fact that it's more crime-based and grounded. Repeating myself, many people say that the best thing about The Ballad of Gay Tony is the "mixture of GTA Vice City's vibe and San Andreas' gameplay", which I don't really see that much. The only thing it brought was a (horrible I'd say) mixture of GTA Vice City's nightclub scene and GTA San Andreas' over the top branch, which, despite being just a small part of the last, is arguably the worst and least realistic part of it (without that element, especially Toreno's branch, it wouldn't have been thrown by being unrealistic). TLAD on the other hand brought the core points of the mentioned titles, along with the classic mission types. And anyway, it is closer to what GTA San Andreas' main theme was; it brought the deep gang life with all their businesses and wars, which was the the best part of GTA San Andreas, and mixed it with GTA Vice City's badass criminal boss theme and GTA III's grittiness. Gang Warfare is a step up from GTA San Andreas' one too.

The Ballad of Gay Tony is still a good game after all, but The Lost and Damned takes the cake in terms of plot and overall content, which makes it superior. I like how everything about TLAD is badass and brutal; story, environment, characters cast, weapons, vehicles, missions, side-missions, activities, soundtrack, HUD and multiplayer.

Briefly, The Lost and Damned was the logical step for getting deeper into the new direction which Grand Theft Auto IV took the franchise to, and it felt like the developers were serious about developing a solid game in a smaller size, whereas The Ballad of Gay Tony was a long step backwards, and it felt like it was just about showing off over the top features.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Sleepwalking

I tried to replay TLAD again but when you know everyone in loading screen artwork ended up dead, you don't have any desire to continue the game.

The Dweeb

I think Tbogt is better but WAS way too short the graphics were shiny too go with the flamboyant cars and guns. Tlad was ok the graphics were gritty and satic too go with the gritty biker life.

But nothing beats the original. Gta 4.

Derphoe

I played Tbogt before Tlad.. So when I finally played Tlad I liked it but felt like it was lacking as far as story, and replayability.

Marcos18

Removed

Edited by Marcos18

B Dawg

- Basketball bike races

Basketball bike races? BASKETBALL? Lmao.

It's Baseball Bat. But a proper short term for it would be Road Rash :p

I can understand how an MC's arms sergeant can get a weapon van, with grenades, launchers and even rockets, but a lowlife drug dealer like Armando does too? Gotta be kidding me. He even has C4 in his van. Luis can even upgrade his stats to make weapons such as automatic shotgun and advanced MG available in his van. Also, that sh*tload of sport cars everywhere and very easy ways to get them, even a lowlife drug dealer like Henrique has a couple of sport cars and can get ones to Luis whenever.

Especially agree with this one. Henrique (and even Armando to an extent) were already established as no brains/dumb characters (one of the early story cutscenes has Luis notice A & H do a drug deal, where Luis has to lecture Armando that he's doing it wrong). A and H make no sense as weapon/car distributors. In this case, Yusuf would have made far more sense, as he's rich as hell, and he's the person who gave luis the crazy weaponry and had him steal the APC. Or maybe have Brucie/Mori for the cars.

Edited by B Dawg

Mangled Crow

I honestly prefer The Lost and Damned, i just absolutely love the gritty biker-themed atmosphere surrounding the game. Especially the characters, weapons and vehicles (especially the Tampa). Always has been enjoyable based on memories and experience.

iiCriminnaaL 49
On 4/5/2018 at 1:34 AM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Modified. It's now less colorful and a little more organized than before. Also, I've merged some points with each others, and added some new ones.

Edit: Made my points more detailed than they already were, and added a spot for the multiplayer.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

TheSantader25

Is this even a question?

Of course TBOGT!

Incredible Characters, Gameplay, Dialogue, Vehicles, Weapons. 

Also I always explore the fully detailed Liberty City in TBOGT because it doesn't have a filter. 

Journey_95
17 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Is this even a question?

Of course TBOGT!

Incredible Characters, Gameplay, Dialogue, Vehicles, Weapons. 

Also I always explore the fully detailed Liberty City in TBOGT because it doesn't have a filter. 

It has a weird shiny pink filter though

OT: TLAD is much better. Most characters in TBOGT were obnoxious sh*ts and the missions were over the top for the sake of it. TLAD focused more on a good narrative and Johnny Klebitz remains one of the most underrated GTA protagonists. The biker theme was also something new

Edited by Journey_95

TheSantader25
13 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

It has a weird shiny pink filter though

I haven't noticed it . I feel like TBOGT is closer to real life in terms of color palette. 

iiCriminnaaL 49
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

I haven't noticed it . I feel like TBOGT is closer to real life in terms of color palette. 

It exists in certain times in some weathers (like only one or maybe two). Not that much of the game's hours though. Like 6 AM-7 AM and 6 PM-8 PM or so.

But yeah, I didn't like it neither.

Jinx.

Both DLCs have their flaws, but honestly? I'll go with TBoGT, simply because it integrated its new features nicely with the game. TLaD expanded upon the bikers, which is really cool, but it feels even more limited than IV in other aspects.

Out of all the cars they added, only Rhapsody spawns in traffic. Tampa and Regina should've been added into the traffic by default. The rest of the cars appear only in missions. Same story with the added guns: they are used only in missions/sidemissions and only the player uses them anywhere else. And these guns would've fitted with the biker gangs nicely. Johnny should've had a wardrobe, much like Luis. He could've had his IV outfit and more. The Assault Shotgun's animation is weird. Jim is inconsistent between the games.

TBoGT ironed these issues, but has other problems: several textures are in lower quality while compared to IV and TLaD, the Super Diamonds' handling is not as realistic as other cars, some characters got ruined (yo Bulgarin, you in the wrong game), Rhapsody should've been in by default, same for the biker changes from TLaD, there is too much pink in the sky, a non-gold Uzi should've been in too (I think one was shown in a TLaD artwork or something?), Electro-Choc and Vladivostok are unfitting (hell, Deadmau5 from CTW would've fitted much better as Electro-Choc than the current one; Vladivostok should've been a standalone radio).

Liking TLaD or TBoGT based on the themes is subjective. I prefer TLaD, but I feel like TBoGT is a little more solid as a DLC, but nevertheless, both of them are just as flawed and rushed in every aspect. That doesn't mean they are bad. They, along with IV, are great games.

Edited by Jinx.

Grotti Vigilante

Personally, I'd have to go with The Ballad of Gay Tony. I am not particularly fond of The Lost and Damned's tone. That grainy effect doesn't really work in the game's favour, it rarely deviates from the original GTA IV formula, and playing as Klebitz still feels a bit like you're playing as Bellic. The Ballad of Gay Tony on the other hand has a different tone that sets it apart, and it actually includes a handful of new features that makes it stand out. Although, The Lost and Damned does have one strong point, and that is the fact it does a good job in actually making you not want to get in a car. I'm not sure if that's just me, but I never wanted to be off the bike in that game, and that's really suited to a biker-themed DLC. Also, Frankie Boyle at Split Sides Comedy Club? Yeah, really sorry The Ballad of Gay Tony, but you're not topping that with any dances at Maisonette 9!

Edited by Grotti Vigilante

George Walker Bush

TLAD sucked balls compared to TBOGT. Also, why tf did they add that ugly filter? It didn't make the atmosphere feel more grittier. Just made the game more ugly. Johnny was a pretty overrated character too. Bill should have been the protagonist. Because unlike Johnny, Billy didn't pussyfoot around with the dead beats. Billy confronted them and took millions of dollar worth of coke from them in a short span of time. 

Edited by George Walker Bush