Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,918 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Laufas

TLAD or TBOGT

The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony  

433 members have voted

1. 1. The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony

• The Lost and Damned
    • The Ballad of Gay Tony

Journey_95

Tbogt may have been "fun" at times but the story and characters were awful and much worse than GTA V even. Luis was annoying and in general it just sh*tted all over the established tone of IV and TLAD.

TLAD was superior in every way. I loved the characters, the biker vibe was great and unique for the series etc. just wish the story wasn't so rushed and that it was a complete game

Edited by Journey_95

B Dawg

TBOGT's Story, Characters and Oversatured colors ruined what could have been a Great DLC, or in other words, Great addition to the IV saga.

TBOGT is V's father. TLAD is vastly superior to them both.

Edited by B Dawg

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Yeah, you are a bit true pal. gta tLaD involves Teamwork in it while gta TBOGT involves one man army jobs in it.

Johnny was a good Leader. But finally he is Decease. Luis is at least alive.

Johnathan Klebitz is history.

See my 2nd para.

But finally Johnny is DECEASED.

Failure

TLAD all the way. I never really liked TBoGT.. it's atmosphere, the characters, vehicles and gameplay elements all suck.

Algonquin Assassin

Tbogt may have been "fun" at times but the story and characters were awful and much worse than GTA V even.

Nah. Even though the characters in TBOGT aren't as good as GTA IV and TLAD they're still way better than GTA V IMO. The story unlike GTA V knows it's not as engaging as GTA IV and TLAD and doesn't try so hard to overthrow those games in that area.

It's still the odd one out of the trinity to me, but it achieves a lot more in 26 missions than GTA V does in 69.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Okay.

Now I ask you, my all pals who prefer tLaD. Why do you like this game?

If someone asks that why I prefer TBOGT, my answer will be:

Playing gta TBOGT gives me a special feeling, A Jazzy Feeling. It has better missions than tLaD. Its Pink-Yellow-Blue fonts give me an unique feeling. Especially when the missions are loading. The fonts shine in a difderent way. Luis also has far better phone than Nicky and Johnny. I feel that I am in NY, though I am not...

O.Z

TBOGT all the way, TLAD doesnt even come close.

The nightlife, clubs, radio stations, explosive shotgun, Luis Lopes, Amir Yusuf... Overall a much better experience

B Dawg

Okay.

- Enhanced Liberty Rock Radio and Liberty City Hardcore radio stations, giving us the best Rock/Metal stations in the entire series. VC/VCS V-Rock or SA KDST and Radio X don't even slightly compare to TLAD LRR and LCHC. Half of new Radio Broker is pretty great too.

- Great story and characters, story is arguably one of the most realistic ones in the series due to the fact that you're not doing all the missions by yourself, but without hurting the gameplay experience. Both the friendly and antagonizing characters are very likeable and believable.

- Motorcycles! Lots of new choppers and sports bikes! Along with that comes the ability to perform drive-bys with the Sawn-off shotgun!

- Speaking of weapons, comes the ultimate destructive power of the new Street Sweeper and Grenade Launcher. We also get a new automatic handgun!

- Amazing new side activities. Road Rash styled races and Intense Gang Wars make for some of the best things to do in the series.

In short, a Metalhead's dream game. Did I miss anything?

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I dont like tLaD because of Johnny. As I told, Johnny is cruel and is an experienced backstabber. He betrayed Ray Boccino (which shows that Johnny is a backstabber), kidnapped Roman Bellic (which shows that he is cruel).

I like Luis because he is loyal to EVERYONE. He served Tony, Yusuf, Even Ray Bulgarin, Mori etc but he did not betray a single man. He hit Bulgarin because Bulgarin would kill both Luis and Tony. As much I remember, A guy called Rocco told him to hit Tony, so that Bulgarin will leave him. Luis was so loyal to Tony that he changed his mind and killed Vince.

However, I agree that gta tLaD has best quality of choppers but the story is absolutely futile. Johnny betrayed Ray Boccino, one of my most favourite characters of gta IV; and kidnapped Roman Bellic, who was my 2nd favourite character in gta IV.

See:

Johnny is DEAD today because his works were not good. He ended down the boots of Trevor. Finally The Lost MC is OVER...

Luis is alive today because he is loyal to EVERYONE. He betrayed NONE.

By the way, TBOGT also includes choppers. You can also perform a drive by in that game.

It also includes weapons. Hi Fi weapons.quote name="B Dawg" post="1068767341" timestamp="1463141821"]

Okay.

- Enhanced Liberty Rock Radio and Liberty City Hardcore radio stations, giving us the best Rock/Metal stations in the entire series. VC/VCS V-Rock or SA KDST and Radio X don't even slightly compare to TLAD LRR and LCHC. Half of new Radio Broker is pretty great too.

- Great story and characters, story is arguably one of the most realistic ones in the series due to the fact that you're not doing all the missions by yourself, but without hurting the gameplay experience. Both the friendly and antagonizing characters are very likeable and believable.

- Motorcycles! Lots of new choppers and sports bikes! Along with that comes the ability to perform drive-bys with the Sawn-off shotgun!

- Speaking of weapons, comes the ultimate destructive power of the new Street Sweeper and Grenade Launcher. We also get a new automatic handgun!

- Amazing new side activities. Road Rash styled races and Intense Gang Wars make for some of the best things to do in the series.

In short, a Metalhead's dream game. Did I miss anything?

B Dawg

Experienced backstabber? The only guy he backstabbed is Ray, and Ray was a guido dick who deserved it. Johnny had balls. He was also loyal to his friends and the club 100%.

Also, GTA V and the death of Johnny and the crew is not canon.

HeySlickThatsMe

TBOGT

i liked the sound theme , game theme , weapons , story line and parachuting

it was a good mix

i would like to see GTA V dlc in style of tbogt *New weapons , Yusuf amir etc

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Experienced backstabber? The only guy he backstabbed is Ray, and Ray was a guido dick who deserved it. Johnny had balls. He was also loyal to his friends and the club 100%.

And yes, we can perform drive bys in both the games. Both the game include Choppers. I liked gta tLaD's Daemon, and Diabolus. Johnny's Hexer is TOTALLY Boaring.

But gta TBOGT seems Hi Fi to most of the gta EFLC players. I like LC Nightlife more than the gang of LC Bikers.

TBOGT all the way, TLAD doesnt even come close.

The nightlife, clubs, radio stations, explosive shotgun, Luis Lopes, Amir Yusuf... Overall a much better experience

Finally I feel that there is someone who prefers TBOGT rather than tLaD

Cops n Crooks

I like TLAD better.

Edited by Cops n Crooks

Mr_chastney

I'd have to say The Ballad of Gay Tony solely down to some of the content and the more coloruful vibes.

However I enjoy The Lost and Damned a lot too.

GTA-Biker

I like TLAD much more.I love the outlaw biker theme,the badass characters,the cool chopper and cruiser bikes,the new songs on LRR,the return of sawed off double barrel shotgun,the ability to use sawed off shotgun from a motorcycle for the first time in the series,the Road Rash style races,the riding in formation feature...Sure,it's not a perfect game and there are some stuff I'd do differently (more cruiser bikes,including some European and Japanese ones,some touring bikes like Goldwing,Electra Glide and Road King,more outfits for Johnny,Johnny's personal safehouse...),but it's still the best biker themed video game ever,along with Road Rash.

TBOGT was ok,but not as good in my opinion.Many characters were annoying douchebags (Mori, Evan, Rocco...) and the only character I actually found likable was Yusuf Amir.Some of the stuff there was cool (AA12 shotgun, gold Uzi, Tampa, NOOSE tank...),but not enough to make me ignore all the annoying characters and to like TBOGT more than TLAD.

Edited by LeopardGecko

The Rockstar Gamer 108

In gta tLaD, I found Brian Jeremy and Johnny annoying. I prefer A Fit Suit rather than Tore Clothez.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

grand

theft

auto IV

THE BALLAD OF

GAY TONY

VS

grand

theft

auto IV

the

Lost and Damned

TBOGT : 70

tLaD : 30

Cops n Crooks

One of my favorite missions in TBoGT was "Going Deep". It was fun having that shootout in the underground parking garage. Come to think of it, all of Bulgarin's missions were pretty dope. That's pretty much all I enjoyed about TBoGT.

I swear if that rumor was true about "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover" than that probably would have been my favorite. I could picture it now... Playing as Gordon with a Safehouse in Steinway, Dukes. Irish pub right down the street... We got a taste of the biker style DLC with TLAD and the nightlife style DLC with TBoGT. It would have really been cool to get that taste of the Irish mob aspect of Liberty City. But, the McCreary's weren't that big anymore. (I better shut up now or Packie will "fu**ing come back here to kick my fu**ing ass in a second") :D

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I enjoyed gta IV the most. Both the games, tLad and TBOGT aren't as much interesting as these games. My favourite missions in all 3 games:

1. gta IV - THREE LEAF CLOVER

2. gta IV tLaD - WAS IT WORTH IT

3. gta IV TBOGT - FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING

In fun, gameplay and story,

gta IV EFLC =/= gta IV

Edited by DIze

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I dont remember so much about gta EFLC because I tried to modify it and it crashed. It is saying that I need Internet connection. I have tried 4 times having 4g but luck...

The activation bar goes to 30 and says I need Internet.

WHAT THE HEEELLLLL! I am connected the net man for 2 hrs!

Sept 19, 2014 was my last date of playing EFLC.

DimitriFaustin

Wish there was an option for "Both TLAD and TBOGT", 'cause it's what I'd say.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Some people like tLaD because they either want to live a life of a biker or they are attached with that life.

Some people like TBOGT because they either want to live a Hi Fi Club'n Night life or they are attached with going clubs or anything else.

Some prefer both because they want their life like both biker and club-night life or they are attatched to that feild.

We generally prefer the things according to our way of life or the type of life we want to live.

After this debate, I came to the conclusion that:

tLaD = TBOGT

Afterall, both are episodes. They cannot be as interesting as gta IV, in which the main protagonist is Niko Bellic.

Am I correct?

Edited by DIze

Cops n Crooks

Some people like tLaD because they either want to live a life of a biker or they are attached with that life.

Some people like TBOGT because they either want to live a Hi Fi Club'n Night life or they are attached with going clubs or anything else.

Some prefer both because they want their life like both biker and club-night life or they are attatched to that feild.

We generally prefer the things according to our way of life or the type of life we want to live.

tLaD = TBOGT

Am I correct?

I'm not saying this in a mean way but...

leowtf.gif

Edited by Cops n Crooks

CreepShow

That's totally senseless, and its TLaD, not "tLaD", I dont know how you got there.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Quote name="CreepShow" post="1068770995" timestamp="1463282923"]

That's totally senseless, and its TLaD, not "tLaD", I dont know how you got there.

See your gta EFLC package's back page. It shows:

grand

theft

auto

the

Lost and Damned

For the people who ask why its TBOGT, not TBoGT:

grand

theft

auto

THE BALLAD OF

GAY TONY

The Rockstar Gamer 108

tLaD = TBOGT

Am I correct?

I'm not saying this in a mean way but...

leowtf.gif

What do you want to say, pal? Be a straight person man. Like that man... B Dawg. Dont make your words whirly. You know what I mean? Anyways what things you found interesting in tLaD?

In TBOGT I like the Algonquin life, which is based on Manhattan Life; and colors, Pink-Yellow-Blue colors. As I told in previous texts, I feel that I amn in real NY, though I am not...

Cops n Crooks

^ (Couldn't quote that for some reason)

Anyways, I am being straight forward. What were you trying to say? I'm not understanding your "if you like TLAD you want to be a biker or if you like TBoGT you want to be a party person" talk. Most people enjoy both games and don't want to be either. They play it because it's entertainment and fun. That's all I was trying to point out. You're a cool guy tho!

Edited by Cops n Crooks

slimeball supreme

A. That doesn't justify it.

B. Yes it is.

Cops n Crooks

Johnny and his personal demons got himself killed in my opinion. The way Trevor said it to Ron flying back to the airstrip was so true! "Man was weak for crystal, weak for Ashley, man was weak."

Ashley basically got Johnny killed. Mix his love for Ashley with drugs like crystal meth is a bad combination. Ashley really only cared about drugs. All that "loving Johnny" was bullsh*t. She got banged by Trevor for fu** sake and just wanted to "smoke up now" as she put it. She probably knew her knight and shining armor (Johnny in this case) would show up to bring her back to him but what happens, Trevor kicks his head in because we go back to the "WEAK" part here... He got all wild up saying to Trevor, "you been fu**ing my girl" calling him an "a**hole" and stuff. He then started to calm down and was trying to apologize to Trevor but Trevor wasn't going for it. And we all know what happened next... If someone is to blame here it's Ashley.

He may have been a badass in Liberty City during the glory days but those days were long gone. I liked Johnny! He was a cool dude! Its just that bit** Ashley got him killed.

On-Topic: I still prefer TLAD over TBoGT. The story was better in my opinion. I didn't like how Ray Bulgarin was the antagonist in TBoGT. I know this has been brought up many times but I just didn't like it.

Edited by Cops n Crooks

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Johnny did a wrong thing by calling Trevor a Mother######. That was his last chance.

TBOGT is very very tough. It is impossible for some people like me to complete it without cheats.

Cops n crooks,

I liked Johnny. But till he kidnapped Roman and left him to russians.

But now, I HATE Johnny.

However, you liKe gta IV or gta tLaD? And yes, dont say me anything about writing "tLaD" because all of us have got Liberty to write what we want.

And yes...

Its

the Lost and Damned, not The Lost And Damned.

Have you seen back of EFLC Package? I guess not!

PS:

Its

THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY, not THE BALLAD of GAY TONY.

Edited by DIze