3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Possible Trinity

Money Over Bullshit

DragonYisusXD
6 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Yeah I'm generally the same, I do both of Brucie's available missions before Master and the Molotov anyway. But I guess this gives us a good indication at least Search and Delete happens beforehand. 

I only discovered this based on an old post by Magic Al in the Best of Both Worlds thread, where he mentioned the oddity of this news story. So I decided to actually go through and investigate its trigger. Who'd have thought that 11 years after TBoGT we'd be still be finding clues to ascertain the IV chronology?

yeah, i also discovered recently that after Logging Off Roman Post Roman Call, if you go to liberty tree page, you can see the news reports of Billy Grey being releasd and Clean and Serene Events, that being said, Logging Off and Clean and Serene with Angels in America occurs at the same time

DragonYisusXD
9 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Yeah I'm generally the same, I do both of Brucie's available missions before Master and the Molotov anyway. But I guess this gives us a good indication at least Search and Delete happens around that point. 

I only discovered this based on an old post by Magic Al in the Best of Both Worlds thread, where he mentioned the oddity of this news story. So I decided to actually go through and investigate its trigger. Who'd have thought that 11 years after TBoGT we'd be still be finding clues to ascertain the IV chronology?

i have played gta 4 attempting the chronology and i discovered something, Underttaker have many request fro start, first of all, Undertaker happen in the next day of Blood Brothers so, if you finish blood brothers after 00:00 you will have to wait 2 days, second thing, Undertaker can't be started if you have anothers calls waiting for you to respond, Packie calls you when you don't have any calls left, also Undertaker can only started between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM, if you passes that time, you will have to wait to another day to start 

• Like 1
Money Over Bullshit
On 10/11/2020 at 6:25 AM, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Yeah I'm generally the same, I do both of Brucie's available missions before Master and the Molotov anyway. But I guess this gives us a good indication at least Search and Delete happens around that point. 

My main reasoning for not placing those missions after Rigged to Blow was to keep the first two TLAD missions closer together. I can move Search and Delete but should I also move Easy As Can Be or can that remain where it is now?

lilchris131
On 10/10/2020 at 5:19 PM, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Another small detail I've noticed as well. The mission It's War in TLAD, as you know, unlocks the corresponding news reports for Roman's Sorrow. But it also unlocks the "Gay Basher" story on the Weazel News website, which is actually unlocked by completing Search and Delete in IV. 

Take that as you may, but it seems TLAD implies Search and Delete happens before Niko and Roman's exile from Hove Beach.

Could be wrong, but I remember investigating this as well and I didn’t get the “Gay Basher” story until after Marta Full of Grace

EDIT: that timeline is impossible though because you have to do most of Brucies missions to unlock Francis, whereas Elizabeta’s missions in Johnnys story must happen after Goldbergs murder.

21 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

i have played gta 4 attempting the chronology and i discovered something, Underttaker have many request fro start, first of all, Undertaker happen in the next day of Blood Brothers so, if you finish blood brothers after 00:00 you will have to wait 2 days, second thing, Undertaker can't be started if you have anothers calls waiting for you to respond, Packie calls you when you don't have any calls left, also Undertaker can only started between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM, if you passes that time, you will have to wait to another day to start 

not necessarily true, I’ve done blood brothers in the early hours and then got the call from Packie to start undertaker as soon as the sun comes up, I’ve even done the former in the middle of the day before and Undertaker still started in the evening like 6pm. It appears for me undertaker can happen anytime apart from in the middle of the night.

Edited by lilchris131
DragonYisusXD
38 minutes ago, lilchris131 said:

not necessarily true, I’ve done blood brothers in the early hours and then got the call from Packie to start undertaker as soon as the sun comes up, I’ve even done the former in the middle of the day before and Undertaker still started in the evening like 6pm. It appears for me undertaker can happen anytime apart from in the middle of the night.

yeah i get wrong because undertaker started 6 am for me but i had to wait 2 days because i had like 6 calls to respond, packie never called me until next day, it was strange, maybe was because i killed Derrick instead of Francis ?

lilchris131
54 minutes ago, DragonYisusXD said:

yeah i get wrong because undertaker started 6 am for me but i had to wait 2 days because i had like 6 calls to respond, packie never called me until next day, it was strange, maybe was because i killed Derrick instead of Francis ?

Perhaps you’re right about it being delayed by other phone calls. For me though the mission has always started as soon as it’s an appropriate time of day.

If anything it would make more sense to delay it by a couple of days though because having a funeral the same day or next day after death of the brother doesn’t sit too well with me 

DragonYisusXD
2 hours ago, lilchris131 said:

Perhaps you’re right about it being delayed by other phone calls. For me though the mission has always started as soon as it’s an appropriate time of day.

If anything it would make more sense to delay it by a couple of days though because having a funeral the same day or next day after death of the brother doesn’t sit too well with me 

well, my grampa funeral happen next day after he died, it's not weird at all

Money Over Bullshit
18 minutes ago, DragonYisusXD said:

well, my grampa funeral happen next day after he died, it's not weird at all

Are you Roman catholic? The McRearys most certainly are and there's a set process to it. There's a wake, then a funeral and a repass. And considering Francis was Deputy Police Commissioner and was quite clearly shot then there isn't a chance. Even with Derrick they would need to do an autopsy and start an investigation so the body would be in the morgue for a while before being released to the family. We've kind of already established that events surrounding the family are pretty ridiculous.. just kind of concurring here that a next day funeral would be highly unusual.

Do you guys think I should move Brucie's first two missions then or what?

DragonYisusXD
19 minutes ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Are you Roman catholic? The McRearys most certainly are and there's a set process to it. There's a wake, then a funeral and a repass. And considering Francis was Deputy Police Commissioner and was quite clearly shot then there isn't a chance. Even with Derrick they would need to do an autopsy and start an investigation so the body would be in the morgue for a while before being released to the family. We've kind of already established that events surrounding the family are pretty ridiculous.. just kind of concurring here that a next day funeral would be highly unusual.

well sh*t, idk

lilchris131
3 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Well, I double checked the placing of the “Gay Basher” story today myself and it definitely doesn’t get unlocked until AFTER Goldberg murder story in TLAD. This is on Xbox 360 version anyway.

So seeing as it gets unlocked much earlier in IV I don’t think it is of much consequence as it doesn’t match up either way. I don’t think there’s any indication that Brucies first two missions occur before “Roman’s Sorrow” rather than after. That’s just my opinion though.

Edited by lilchris131
DragonYisusXD

Well, I double checked the placing of the “Gay Basher” story today myself and it definitely doesn’t get unlocked until AFTER Goldberg murder story in TLAD. This is on Xbox 360 version anyway.

So seeing as it gets unlocked much earlier in IV I don’t think it is of much consequence as it doesn’t match up either way. I don’t think there’s any indication that Brucies first two missions occur before “Roman’s Sorrow” rather than after. That’s just my opinion though.

really, maybe is because you play the missions too fast

Money Over Bullshit
12 hours ago, lilchris131 said:

Something told me that I had checked this in the past but it's been so long that I couldn't remember. So thanks 👍

DragonYisusXD
4 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Something told me that I had checked this in the past but it's been so long that I couldn't remember. So thanks 👍

anyway, there's no way you could do brucie missions that far, if i remember correclty, you need to do brucie 2 first mission to unlock Elizabeta missions, and also you need to do the first part of Out of Closet for unlock Manny's Third Mission and also unlock Francis missions

Edited by DragonYisusXD
Money Over Bullshit
14 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

anyway, there's no way you could do brucie missions that far, if i remember correclty, you need to do brucie 2 first mission to unlock Elizabeta missions, and also you need to do the first part of Out of Closet for unlock Manny's Third Mission and also unlock Francis missions

Elizabeta's missions are unlocked by Manny's first two missions, which are unlocked by Roman's Sorrow. So no problems there.

DragonYisusXD
9 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Elizabeta's missions are unlocked by Manny's first two missions, which are unlocked by Roman's Sorrow. So no problems there.

i remember in ps3 that elizabeta missions didn't unlocked until i passed Easy as can be and street sweaper

9 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

but yeah, you need to complete first part of "Out of Closet" to unlock The Puerto Rican Connection

Money Over Bullshit
1 hour ago, DragonYisusXD said:

i remember in ps3 that elizabeta missions didn't unlocked until i passed Easy as can be and street sweaper

but yeah, you need to complete first part of "Out of Closet" to unlock The Puerto Rican Connection

You need to complete Escuela of The Streets and Street Sweeper, so if you completed Easy as Can Be before that then it was purely coincidental. 

I think one simple prerequisite error on Rockstar's part could have been the root cause of many of the problems. Often times they simple haven't got enough time to check everything before release. I mean look how long it's taken us. 

DragonYisusXD
1 hour ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

You need to complete Escuela of The Streets and Street Sweeper, so if you completed Easy as Can Be before that then it was purely coincidental

no, i remember exactly one time that i did first 2 mission of Manny before brucie, and surprise, mallorie never called me for Elizabeta until i did Easy As Can be, and it was not coincidence, i waited like 20 minutes without any call

Money Over Bullshit
11 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

no, i remember exactly one time that i did first 2 mission of Manny before brucie, and surprise, mallorie never called me for Elizabeta until i did Easy As Can be, and it was not coincidence, i waited like 20 minutes without any call

Very strange 🤔

DragonYisusXD
10 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Very strange 🤔

also i played a very bad speedrun like a Algonquin% (speedrun until Blow Your Cover) and when i finished i didn't unlocked The Puerto Rican Connection, because i didn't even do the first part of Out of Closet, so i supposed you need to complete at least the first part of Out of Closet to unlock Manny 3th mission, i remember the second part of that mission being optional 

10 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Very strange 🤔

i think it has something to do with that Brucie Call where he warn you about Roman having a Gambling problem

that call is unlocked after Easy As Can Be and Roman's Sorrow

Edited by DragonYisusXD
lilchris131
On 10/13/2020 at 3:01 PM, DragonYisusXD said:

yeah that’s why I’m saying it’s better to just ignore the Gay Basher story in TLAD, it definitely appears as a newer story than the Goldberg murder no matter how quick you do the missions, it does seem to pop up after “Marta Full of Grace”. But like you say Brucies first few missions must be done to get Francis missions so it’s impossible.

Personally I’ve always been able to do up to blow your cover and even complete the Playboy/Dwayne arc before ever touching Brucie’s missions though. Then TPRC won’t unlock till after contacting Tom Rivas, clearly that prerequisite is there because Roman is in the cutscene and eventually has to be kidnapped etc.

DragonYisusXD
1 hour ago, lilchris131 said:

yeah that’s why I’m saying it’s better to just ignore the Gay Basher story in TLAD, it definitely appears as a newer story than the Goldberg murder no matter how quick you do the missions, it does seem to pop up after “Marta Full of Grace”. But like you say Brucies first few missions must be done to get Francis missions so it’s impossible.

Personally I’ve always been able to do up to blow your cover and even complete the Playboy/Dwayne arc before ever touching Brucie’s missions though. Then TPRC won’t unlock till after contacting Tom Rivas, clearly that prerequisite is there because Roman is in the cutscene and eventually has to be kidnapped etc.

i've had to question if you can do Snow Storm before The Puerto Rican Connection or is necessary ? 

1 hour ago, lilchris131 said:

yeah that’s why I’m saying it’s better to just ignore the Gay Basher story

that story appears only in weazel news or also in Liberty Tree Page ?

lilchris131
37 minutes ago, DragonYisusXD said:

i've had to question if you can do Snow Storm before The Puerto Rican Connection or is necessary ? 

that story appears only in weazel news or also in Liberty Tree Page ?

Not possible, the Elizabeth/Manny missions are technically one strand, both characters cannot have a mission available at the same time as the other, PRC serves to break up Elizabeta’s missions and conclude Manny’s.

And yes I’ve only ever seen Gay Basher on Weazel News website, I don’t think it can be heard on the radio either since the accompanying news stories from IV (I.e Brucies activities) are not present. This is the same case with the Bridge Openings story which randomly appears on Weazel News website after Bad Cop Drop.

DragonYisusXD

Not possible, the Elizabeth/Manny missions are technically one strand, both characters cannot have a mission available at the same time as the other, PRC serves to break up Elizabeta’s missions and conclude Manny’s.

And yes I’ve only ever seen Gay Basher on Weazel News website, I don’t think it can be heard on the radio either since the accompanying news stories from IV (I.e Brucies activities) are not present. This is the same case with the Bridge Openings story which randomly appears on Weazel News website after Bad Cop Drop.

idk, i've always looked in Liberty Tree Website because is always in the first page

DragonYisusXD

i've found something interesting, you know that when you start a new game, always, ALWAYS will start at wednesday, in GTA IV, TLaD and even in TBoGT, however, there's a way that you can start in another day like Thursday or Saturday, for this, you need to first load another save, any save that you want, wait until you are in tuesday or in another day (in game obviously), then you start a new game, it will start in the day you pressed "a new game" if you start a new game in the Intro Menu, it will set you in wednesday, this is for those one who want to play all the three games at the same time following your best chronology, this trick can work in a old save in the same game, if you have EFLC as DLC mod or you have The Complete Edition version, it's even better, because you can use a Save of GTA IV, TLaD or TBoGT to start a new game in any of the three gaes, and the trick still would work

Pd: this doesn't affect the weather, the weather is totally random, so i can't do nothing about that

• 2 weeks later...
lilchris131

One thing I have been thinking lately, if Rockstar were to ever to fully remaster GTA IV and episodes similar to GTA V’s protagonist system, do you think they should change certain mission placings to sort out certain issues? One thing could be moving Elizabeta’s missions for Johnny to happen closer to Buyers Market at the same time as Stubbs’ missions allowing them to happen before This sh*ts Cursed.

Maybe “Roman’s Holiday” could also happen in that timeframe to largen the gap between it and “Diamonds in the Rough”. That way “Hostile Negotiation” could happen before the bank heist rather than after. However, this would require us to change assumptions about Playboys first mission (“Deconstruction for Beginners”) and it’s relationship to the Union trouble in TBoGT. I may be wrong but I’m not sure there was any solid evidence that DfB ends Roccos union trouble even though undoubtedly it is all related.

This may be a fanciful theory of mine but it would be cool if it happened, would complete my experience of The Trinity nonetheless to have certain things fixed such as the inconsistency between Johnny’s outfit in GTA IV, amongst other things like buildings missing which were added in the episodes. 

Thoughts???

Money Over Bullshit

A GTA IV Definitive Edition would be epic with a character switch and a cohesive mission order but Rockstar probably figure their profits will be a lot more by just releasing GTA V again for a third console. Which is really sad. I'm sure they could probably bring in a lot of people by remastering the city for online and advertising it as three complete games like how they did with Mafia even though it'd really only be a graphical update and some changes here and there. No doubt they can afford it and it's not like they can claim to be against flogging an old horse.

DragonYisusXD
On 11/4/2020 at 4:21 AM, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

A GTA IV Definitive Edition would be epic with a character switch and a cohesive mission order but Rockstar probably figure their profits will be a lot more by just releasing GTA V again for a third console. Which is really sad. I'm sure they could probably bring in a lot of people by remastering the city for online and advertising it as three complete games like how they did with Mafia even though it'd really only be a graphical update and some changes here and there. No doubt they can afford it and it's not like they can claim to be against flogging an old horse.

rockstar think that GTA IV is hated because is a bad gta game, but in fact, the hate come because the game is broken on PC, so unfortunaley, i doubt they will do something to this game, unless they realize the fans really love gta 4 

Edited by DragonYisusXD
lilchris131

Hopefully if it did happen they would actually make some changes to the mission order, definitely moving Elizabeta’s TLAD missions before “This sh*ts cursed” would solve a lot of problems. Either that or changing when her voicemail changes in IV and having Mallorie call Niko about her arrest later.

In the meantime anyone wanting a consistent playthrough should bear in mind that Elizabeta is arrested roughly 12 hours after Have a Heart based on her voicemail change, meaning Packies missions and Final Interview must be done very quickly before Mallorie’s call.

DragonYisusXD

Hopefully if it did happen they would actually make some changes to the mission order, definitely moving Elizabeta’s TLAD missions before “This sh*ts cursed” would solve a lot of problems. Either that or changing when her voicemail changes in IV and having Mallorie call Niko about her arrest later.

In the meantime anyone wanting a consistent playthrough should bear in mind that Elizabeta is arrested roughly 12 hours after Have a Heart based on her voicemail change, meaning Packies missions and Final Interview must be done very quickly before Mallorie’s call.

what i do is just simply delay mallorie's call until before do Photo Shoot

Edited by DragonYisusXD