2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Money Over Bullshit

The Possible Trinity

a3HeadedMonkey

Everybody seems to be forgetting about the mission 'No Love Lost' in which Niko kills Jason from the Lost MC. The next TLAD mission that that follows in that arc needs to be the first one that acknowledges his death.

Money Over Bullshit
Everybody seems to be forgetting about the mission 'No Love Lost' in which Niko kills Jason from the Lost MC. The next TLAD mission that that follows in that arc needs to be the first one that acknowledges his death.

Looks like we have a comedian colgate.gif ... Or somebody who doesn't read whats been said in a topic before posting in it.. I'm starting to think you guys are doing this to me on purpose..

a3HeadedMonkey

Looks like we have a comedian colgate.gif ... Or somebody who doesn't read whats been said in a topic before posting in it.. I'm starting to think you guys are doing this to me on purpose..

Ok, I missed that. I thought I'd read the whole thread. Sorry.

I'm right though. It's all well & good getting caught up in internet blogs, radio broadcasts & other technicalities, but if you play it through & it doesn't make any sense, what's the point?

Awesome effort this thread though I must say. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit

Ok, I missed that. I thought I'd read the whole thread. Sorry.

I'm right though. It's all well & good getting caught up in internet blogs, radio broadcasts & other technicalities, but if you play it through & it doesn't make any sense, what's the point?

Awesome effort this thread though I must say. icon14.gif

Well as I've said The internet news stories are the only thing that gives us any desernable pattern in the missions i.e what mission should come where so if we disregard them then we basicly have nothing to go on.

The story makes perfect sense when you play it in order... believe me I've tried it.

Nem_Wan

When I played I somehow didn't notice that Tony's missions aren't in a single strand. My mission tree is all wrong then. Good thing I didn't post it yet. I'm getting the BradyGames strategy guide tomorrow and hope it will straighten me out.

Regarding crossover news stories, these are my working assumptions:

• 1. The Liberty City timeline cannot be divided objectively into units smaller than the time between the end of a Niko mission and the end of the next Niko mission.

• 2. The number of Niko missions that may occur during the time of two Episode missions is at least two and usually more than two.

• 3. Because of varying time scales, an Episode mission cannot be determined to be simultaneous with a mission in the other Episode unless both can be shown to be simultaneous with the same Niko mission, or depict the same event in progress.

• 4. Within each separate game: the most recent news story describes events that occurred between the end of the most recently completed mission and the end of the mission before.

• 5. A news story that crosses over between Niko's story and an Episode places the Niko mission that unlocks it simultaneous with the Episode mission that unlocks the same story OR as far back as the end of the preceding mission in the same Episode, UNLESS...

• 6. If a crossover news story describes an event that occurs during an Episode mission, that Episode's mission that unlocks the story definitely occurs simultaneously with the Niko mission that unlocks the same story.

• 7. A news story that crosses between Episodes but does not appear in IV places the Episode mission that unlocks it sometime between the end of the other Episode's unlocking mission and the end of its predecessor.
YMMV Edited by Magic_Al

liquidus119

*head asplodes*

But seriously, I think you're putting into words what has been in my head. Bravo Magic_Al.

ChrisMathers3501

I just can't wait to see the revised integrated mission timeline. That flow chart is the only resource I have complete faith in as a timetable of events.

Slamman

...and people tell me to get a job!??? I mean, some of the endeavors beyond mere game play require a bit of involvement and effort, for no pay, I presume. Kudos to that end.

One thing I suspect, they map this sorta thing out in planning GTA, as you'll note replaying missions, or the one I did at least, in Lost and the Damned, where Niko meets for the drug sale, here you see bits that were perhaps done with Michael Hollick still in the sound stages recording dialogue, and in a sense, some edits or discarded scraps can be utilized in new animations, one of the things I thought might be possible.

I think Dan Houser's comments on closing a GTA chapter are intriguing because Sam Houser had said they will support the GTA4 infrastructure for some time, I suspect that still maybe the case, involving new stories not so tied to the missions prior

Money Over Bullshit
When I played I somehow didn't notice that Tony's missions aren't in a single strand. My mission tree is all wrong then. Good thing I didn't post it yet. I'm getting the BradyGames strategy guide tomorrow and hope it will straighten me out.

Regarding crossover news stories, these are my working assumptions:

• 1. The Liberty City timeline cannot be divided objectively into units smaller than the time between the end of a Niko mission and the end of the next Niko mission.

• 2. The number of Niko missions that may occur during the time of two Episode missions is at least two and usually more than two.

• 3. Because of varying time scales, an Episode mission cannot be determined to be simultaneous with a mission in the other Episode unless both can be shown to be simultaneous with the same Niko mission, or depict the same event in progress.

• 4. Within each separate game: the most recent news story describes events that occurred between the end of the most recently completed mission and the end of the mission before.

• 5. A news story that crosses over between Niko's story and an Episode places the Niko mission that unlocks it simultaneous with the Episode mission that unlocks the same story OR as far back as the end of the preceding mission in the same Episode, UNLESS...

• 6. If a crossover news story describes an event that occurs during an Episode mission, that Episode's mission that unlocks the story definitely occurs simultaneously with the Niko mission that unlocks the same story.

• 7. A news story that crosses between Episodes but does not appear in IV places the Episode mission that unlocks it sometime between the end of the other Episode's unlocking mission and the end of its predecessor.
YMMV

All of that stuff works for you in terms of your chart but the rules don't really apply to a list.. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly dontgetit.gif

I had certain guidelines for myself before starting the list.. a lot of which have gone out the window with the release of TBOGT. It's quite noticeable that most of Luis's missions take place in the middle part of Niko's story which makes it look very crowded because that's when most of Johnny's missions start aswell. It would've made more sense to have most of his missions after TLAD had ended but Rockstar decided not to do that.

Because of this it's very hard to have 2 or more niko missions in between two episode missions because of the amount of missions that need to take place between two events e.g. The Bank Robbery and The Diamond deal at the Platypus. And on missions with two parts it's neccessary to break them up with missions in between... which is the beauty of them having two parts.

Oh and the list is back up!! colgate.gif

Nem_Wan

I think Dan Houser's comments on closing a GTA chapter are intriguing because Sam Houser had said they will support the GTA4 infrastructure for some time, I suspect that still maybe the case, involving new stories not so tied to the missions prior

Infrastructure refers to the engine and reusable assets. Meaning the next GTA, set in a different city, can be expected to look and feel a lot like GTA IV.

I just can't wait to see the revised integrated mission timeline.  That flow chart is the only resource I have complete faith in as a timetable of events.

Take it with a grain of salt at first. Even after I apply information from the strategy guide it's likely to have mistakes.

All of that stuff works for you in terms of your chart but the rules don't really apply to a list.. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly  dontgetit.gif

Of course, in a list if there are simultaneous missions across games you have to decide which to list first, so I get that it's a different thing. I may try to make a list myself after the flowchart is done. I suspect there are enough Niko missions to go around if earlier mission strands are postponed. For example, Brucie's missions Out of the Closet and No. 1, and all the Playboy X/Dwayne stuff can be delayed till well into the Episodes timeframe.

Which reminds me, right now my chart shows all the Dwayne missions through The Holland Play are optional, which I think is a mistake but I can't figure out where in the story I'd get stuck if I don't do them. I don't want to do another playthrough just to find this so anyone knows....?

Money Over Bullshit

Of course, in a list if there are simultaneous missions across games you have to decide which to list first, so I get that it's a different thing. I may try to make a list myself after the flowchart is done. I suspect there are enough Niko missions to go around if earlier mission strands are postponed. For example, Brucie's missions Out of the Closet and No. 1, and all the Playboy X/Dwayne stuff can be delayed till well into the Episodes timeframe.

I think delaying Brucies missions any further would totally mess with the logistics of the story.. Plus you can't do the Puerto Rican Connection until you've done Out of the Closet... Or at least anytime I've played the game you can't.

There's also a similar situation with Playboy's Missions. It's pretty much just silly to hold off on them any long than TLAD dictates. As far as Dwayne's missions, it just seems right to do his and Playboy's Missions together. And with Hostile negotiation/Roman's Sorrow depending on the completion of Photo shoot it kind of restricts you.

Nem_Wan
Plus you can't do the Puerto Rican Connection until you've done Out of the Closet... Or at least anytime I've played the game you can't.

That might be a mistake on my chart. I only have Blow Your Cover as a prerequisite for The Puerto Rican Connection but I see the chart at GTA Wiki also has Out of the Closet Part I. I'll have to check that.

Money Over Bullshit

Plus you can't do the Puerto Rican Connection until you've done Out of the Closet... Or at least anytime I've played the game you can't.

That might be a mistake on my chart. I only have Blow Your Cover as a prerequisite for The Puerto Rican Connection but I see the chart at GTA Wiki also has Out of the Closet Part I. I'll have to check that.

I'm almost certain man. I'm quite happy with the list as it is now and I mite add a few explainations to the bottom in the near future. Obviously there could still be some things that don't sit right though. So as always if you have any suggestions let me know.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

Versityle

If I remember correctly, the news story about the bum finding the diamonds in the trash appears a little while after "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend", which would mean that "Departure Time" would take place before then. I'm guessing the Heroin you destroy in "Departure Time" is just a morsel of the whole shipment you see in the Finale thus I don't think you'd do that mission dead last.

Money Over Bullshit
If I remember correctly, the news story about the bum finding the diamonds in the trash appears a little while after "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend", which would mean that "Departure Time" would take place before then. I'm guessing the Heroin you destroy in "Departure Time" is just a morsel of the whole shipment you see in the Finale thus I don't think you'd do that mission dead last.

The story about the bum finding the diamonds appears at the end of the game and in "Departure Time" one of Bulgarin's men say's Dimitri is dead so that means that it happens right after Niko's story has finished.

Versityle

The story about the bum finding the diamonds appears at the end of the game and in "Departure Time" one of Bulgarin's men say's Dimitri is dead so that means that it happens right after Niko's story has finished.

sh*t! When did he say that? That certainly trumps my theory.

Nem_Wan

Got home to find my EFLC strategy guide delivered, so I'll have the mission tree untangled soon. I found one hint of a last-minute change Rockstar made in the game. Apparently the "Mom's House" mission-giver icon was originally going to be "NH" for Northwood Heights, representing your old neighborhood. It changed after the book's deadline, apparently.

EDIT: I'm done editing my mission tree to follow the strategy guide! However, like the TLAD guide there are omissions, specifically, it doesn'tt say when the Mori or Mom's House (Northwood Heights) strands become prerequisites to finishing the game. The Mori strand must be done by "Ladies' Half Price" because the cutscene refers to it, but I don't know how far you can get without doing Mom. Wait, that sounded bad. devil.gif

Edited by Magic_Al

Money Over Bullshit

Got home to find my EFLC strategy guide delivered, so I'll have the mission tree untangled soon.  I found one hint of a last-minute change Rockstar made in the game. Apparently the "Mom's House" mission-giver icon was originally going to be "NH" for Northwood Heights, representing your old neighborhood.  It changed after the book's deadline, apparently.

EDIT: I'm done editing my mission tree to follow the strategy guide! However, like the TLAD guide there are omissions, specifically, it doesn'tt say when the Mori or Mom's House (Northwood Heights) strands become prerequisites to finishing the game. The Mori strand must be done by "Ladies' Half Price" because the cutscene refers to it, but I don't know how far you can get without doing Mom. Wait, that sounded bad.  devil.gif

As far as I know every mission in the game must be done before "Ladies Half Price". It think it's best just to do them as soon as possible though i.e. after Chinese Takeout.

As far as my Timeline goes I've noticed that there are 3 different sets of "choices" in Gay Tony's Missions, these being:

1. Chinese Takeout or Practice Swing

2. Bang Bang or Blog This!...

3. Boulevard Baby or Frosting on the Cake

All of the rest of his missions such as "Not So Fast" depend on prerequisites so I'm thinkin maybe I should add something into the list to represent this like a H for missions given from his house and C for missions given from the clubs.

Maatharfaakar

Been reading this forum for months now, but had to register just for this thread. Love it. Was working on a "list" for myself for GTA IV and TLAD, when came across M.O.B.'s list and similar threads. Great Stuff.

Like M.O.B. I had what I thought was the perfect list, then TBOGT throws in the Billy/triads scene in Chinese Takeout! So THis sh*t's Cursed throws out a whole lot of Johnny's missions. Eventually sorted all that out.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've just played "Not So Fast", Lopez's version of "Museum Piece". Right near the start of the begginning cut scene, Tony says that he can't get hold of Gracie...

...now, is this just a throw away remark from a man out of his t!ts on whatever, OR does it now suggest that Gerry's Mission "I'll Take Her..." must now come before "Museum Piece"???

Just throwing that out there to confuse matters even worse. wow.gif

Money Over Bullshit

Been reading this forum for months now, but had to register just for this thread. Love it. Was working on a "list" for myself for GTA IV and TLAD, when came across M.O.B.'s list and similar threads. Great Stuff.

Like M.O.B. I had what I thought was the perfect list, then TBOGT throws in the Billy/triads scene in Chinese Takeout! So THis sh*t's Cursed throws out a whole lot of Johnny's missions. Eventually sorted all that out.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've just played "Not So Fast", Lopez's version of "Museum Piece". Right near the start of the begginning cut scene, Tony says that he can't get hold of Gracie...

...now, is this just a throw away remark from a man out of his t!ts on whatever, OR does it now suggest that Gerry's Mission "I'll Take Her..." must now come before "Museum Piece"???

Just throwing that out there to confuse matters even worse.  wow.gif

That's a good observation man and it's actually one I made myself but It's not actually possible that I'll Take Her Happens before Not So Fast. The Reason for this is that The Ancelottis don't have the Diamonds before The Museum Mission so Gerry can't want what they don't have.

Maatharfaakar

Very good point there M.O.B.

The Cook on the boat > Evan > Johnny > Trash bags > Luca > Niko > Ray.....

Ray and Gerry on the same team, so your right can't happen.

Then Ray > Niko > Luis > Tony....

This is the only point in the Diamond Story that "I'll take Her" can happen.

Thank f**k for that! Cheers man.

Nem_Wan

The strategy guide refers to the pairs of available Tony missions as (Day Mission) and (Night Mission). Availability swaps at 07:00 and 19:00 IIRC, don't have the book with me right now.

I noted chronological references in the Gracie kidnapping story during my first playthrough. There is the mention of Gracie missing, Tony receiving the photo that Niko took, and seeing the location where Gracie is held. Remember there is a Niko mission where you move Gracie from one house to another. This all nails down the order pretty solidly and it's specified on my (unreleased) mission tree.

Money Over Bullshit

The strategy guide refers to the pairs of available Tony missions as (Day Mission) and (Night Mission). Availability swaps at 07:00 and 19:00 IIRC, don't have the book with me right now.

I noted chronological references in the Gracie kidnapping story during my first playthrough.  There is the mention of Gracie missing, Tony receiving the photo that Niko took, and seeing the location where Gracie is held. Remember there is a Niko mission where you move Gracie from one house to another.  This all nails down the order pretty solidly and it's specified on my (unreleased) mission tree.

Yeah but House and Club is a lot easier to undrstand than Day and Night. The mission you refer to is "She's a Keeper" and I think that connection was made by everybody who played the game... not just you smile.gif .

Other than that we've already worked out that Gracie not meeting Tony before the start of "Not So Fast" has nothing to do with her kidnapping. You're usually more alert than this Al.. Whats up man? You're slipping!! catspider.gif

Nem_Wan

I noted chronological references in the Gracie kidnapping story during my first playthrough.  There is the mention of Gracie missing, Tony receiving the photo that Niko took, and seeing the location where Gracie is held. Remember there is a Niko mission where you move Gracie from one house to another.  This all nails down the order pretty solidly and it's specified on my (unreleased) mission tree.

Yeah but House and Club is a lot easier to undrstand than Day and Night. The mission you refer to is "She's a Keeper" and I think that connection was made by everybody who played the game... not just you smile.gif .

Other than that we've already worked out that Gracie not meeting Tony before the start of "Not So Fast" has nothing to do with her kidnapping. You're usually more alert than this Al.. Whats up man? You're slipping!! catspider.gif

Day and Night determines whether the missions are available or not, which seems important if someone is trying to follow a list.

You're right I didn't think about the diamonds being a prerequisite to Gracie's kidnapping. It's all become boxes and arrows to me.

Money Over Bullshit

Day and Night determines whether the missions are available or not, which seems important if someone is trying to follow a list.

You're right I didn't think about the diamonds being a prerequisite to Gracie's kidnapping. It's all become boxes and arrows to me

Yeah you're right but I think people would know that the club missions are only available at night seeing as that's the only time they open. I don't know though... Maybe day and night is better?

Edit: I've comprimised and used both [H = House (Day), C = Club (Night)]

Nem_Wan

Here's my TBoGT mission tree. The integrated mission tree will take a while longer because integration with the other games is still a mess.

TBoGT Mission Tree (PDF)

If anyone finds mistakes please speak up.

Money Over Bullshit

Here's my TBoGT mission tree. The integrated mission tree will take a while longer because integration with the other games is still a mess.

TBoGT Mission Tree (PDF)

Blog This! and Bang Bang should be on the same line because they're available at the same time exept one is Day and one is Night. Other than that though I can't see any mistakes.. Good work icon14.gif

Nem_Wan

TBoGT Mission Tree (PDF)

Blog This! and Bang Bang should be on the same line because they're available at the same time day/night. but other than that I can't see any other mistakes.. Good work icon14.gif

Thanks, I updated it. The strategy guide has a few errors. It says "Blog This!..." is a prerequisite to "Bang Bang" and says you can choose which to do first! It's also fuzzy about each pair of day and night missions in the Tony strand needing to be completed before moving on, so I added links to require that. I'm still not sure when the Mori and Mom's strands must be done but I'm assuming by "Ladies Half Price". I'm also assuming "...Blog This!" is not a prerequisite to anything because it is triggered automatically and unavoidable.

TBoGT Mission Tree

Money Over Bullshit

TBoGT Mission Tree (PDF)

Blog This! and Bang Bang should be on the same line because they're available at the same time day/night. but other than that I can't see any other mistakes.. Good work icon14.gif

Thanks, I updated it. The strategy guide has a few errors. It says "Blog This!..." is a prerequisite to "Bang Bang" and says you can choose which to do first! It's also fuzzy about each pair of day and night missions in the Tony strand needing to be completed before moving on, so I added links to require that. I'm still not sure when the Mori and Mom's strands must be done but I'm assuming by "Ladies Half Price". I'm also assuming "...Blog This!" is not a prerequisite to anything because it is triggered automatically and unavoidable.

TBoGT Mission Tree

Looks good man icon14.gif

I think the only way to check when those missions have to be done by is to play the story again and leave them until you can't do anything else. I played the story again the other day and it only took me a few hours... Had I of known about your query then I'd be able to help you out but unfortunately I didn't sad.gif .

liquidus119

The more I look at this topic the more I am disappointed with how this episode was handled. It seems really thrown together where TLAD felt thought out...

Anyways, I've taken my old list down as I've decided to work on more of a chapter style list rather than a chronological list seeing as how you've guys pretty much got that locked down at this point. I'm trying to keep my list as chronological as possible while trying to break up each characters missions into chapters for an easy play through of all the episodes.

This is what I've gotten so far

---

Chapter One: Niko

The Cousins Bellic

It's Your Call

Three's a Crowd

First Date

Bleed Out

Easy Fare

Bull in a China Shop

Jamaican Heat

Hung Out to Dry

Concrete Jungle

Clean Getaway

Ivan the Not So Terrible

Uncle Vlad

Crime and Punishment

Do You Have Protection?

Shadow

Final Destination

Chapter 2: Johnny

Clean and Serene

Angels in America

Liberty City Choppers

Bad Cop Drop

It’s War

Chapter 3: Niko

No Love Lost

Logging On

Rigged to Blow

Search and Delete

Easy as Can Be

The Master and the Molotov

Russian Revolution

Roman's Sorrow

Chapter 4: Johnny

Action/Reaction

Buyer’s Market

Politics

Coming Down

Off Route

Chapter 5: Niko

Escuela of the Streets

Street Sweeper

Luck of the Irish

Blow Your Cover

Call and Collect

The Puerto Rican Connection

Out of the Closet…

…Out of the Closet

No. 1

The Snow Storm

Have a Heart

Harboring a Grudge

Waste Not Want Knots

Three Leaf Clover

Chapter 6: Luis

I Luv LC

Momma’s Boy

Chinese Takeout

Practice Swing

Kibbutz Number One

Sexy Time

Chapter 7: Johnny

This Sh*t’s Cursed

Hit The Pipe

Heavy Toll

Marta Full of Grace

Shifting Weight

Chapter 8: Niko

Final Interview...

...Final Interview

Deconstruction for Beginners

Wrong is Right

Ruff Rider

Portrait of a Killer

Dust Off

Photo Shoot

Undress To Kill

Hostile Negotiation

Paper Trail

The Holland Play...

...The Holland Play

Chapter 9: Luis

Corner Kids

Blog This!...

Bang Bang

High Dive

This Ain’t Checkers

Boulevard Baby

Chapter 10: Johnny

End of Chapter

Bad Standing

Roman’s Holiday

Diamonds in the Rough

Collector’s Item

Chapter 11: Niko

Holland Nights

A Long Way to Fall

Taking in the Trash

Meltdown

Museum Piece

Chapter 12: Luis

Caught With Your Pants Down

Frosting on the Cake

…Blog This!

Clocking Off

Not So Fast

Chapter 13: Johnny

Was It Worth It?

Get Lost

Chapter 14: Niko

No Way on the Subway

Weekend at Florian's

Actions Speak Louder than Words

I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle

Late Checkout

Chapter 15: Luis

Going Deep

Dropping In

In The Crosshairs

Chapter 16: Niko

Lure

Hating the Haters

Smackdown

Union Drive

Babysitting

Buoys Ahoy

Tunnel of Death

Blood Brothers

Undertaker

Chapter 17: Luis

For The Man That Has Everything

No. 3

Chapter 18: Niko

I'll Take Her

Ransom

She's A Keeper

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

Chapter 19: Luis

Ladies Night

Ladies Half Price

Chapter 20: Niko

Truck Hustle

Pegorino's Pride

Payback

Entourage

Catch the Wave

Trespass

To Live and Die in Alderney

Dining Out

Flat Line

Pest Control

Liquidize the Assets

That Special Someone

One Last Thing...

If the Price is Right\A Dish Served Cold

Mr. and Mrs. Bellic

A Revenger’s Tragedy\Out of Commission

Chapter 21: Luis

Party’s Over

Departure Time

---

What do you guys think? Any changes I should make to this for a better flow or anything?