4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Xegethra

a question about car radios

Xegethra

i also have a problem with audio, ever since i downloaded the game the radio stations cut off after about 3 minutes or so. and they wont come back on until i leave the game and return...like quit gta altogether

also i know how to put music into the game perfectly fine. but how do i assign a certain car a certain radio station?

i dont like how for some reason the cop cars play drum and base, and the pick up truck plays funk....it doesnt fit right. i have an idea with gtacars...but it doesnt seem to work

*edit*

another problem, the police radio will now sometimes play when im walking around....why is the sound so messed up all of a sudden? i noticed before the fix in the other topic the sound was as far as i know, normal. now its all re-arranged and the music still cuts off....

so...nobody knows what to do?. iv tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the radios are still messed up

Edited by Xegethra

Mr. Someguy

The Police Radio thing is a bug, I don't know about the others though.

yoječ

i dont like how for some reason the cop cars play drum and base, and the pick up truck plays funk....it doesnt fit right.
IIRC this can be fixed by renaming files in \music folder - AFAIR you need to change Track1.wav to Track0.wav, Track2.wav to Track1.wav, etc. Edited by yojo2

Xegethra

oh...so just rename the tracks a number less?

hmm ill give it a try. thanks

*edit*

ok it worked ^_^

thanks really...but uhh, i still have the problem of the radios cutting off on me after a couple minutes. do you have any idea how to solve that problem?

Edited by Xegethra

Sektor

If you are using Windows XP then try changing the sound acceleration level (go to start > run > dxdiag). You can't change that option in Vista or Windows 7 but you shouldn't need to.

Xegethra

awww i am using vista haha

well after more looking at it it seems it cuts off in certain radios. the pick up truck, police car and that little roofless jeep thing....like once i got in a taxi and drove around for about 10 minutes in it...no cut off, but as soon as i went into the pick up truck it cut off. and same for the other two vehicles also

also the police radio playing as i walk around has stopped, i havent noticed that play at all on foot....which is good. everything seems to be normal now except the cutting off radios

SanAndreasManiac
also the police radio playing as i walk around has stopped, i havent noticed that play at all on foot....which is good. everything seems to be normal now except the cutting off radios

that happens everytime you do something wrong (or 'crime'), then a police warn says the crime you commited (in code, i think), and the place you are on

Ex: We got a 11-69 on South-East Vice Beach.

Xegethra

ahh your thinking of the announcements...no no i know that much. but sometimes it used to play the cops conversations you hear in the cop car, ambulance and fire engines.....

cus whenever you comit a crime hell say "something something east island city" or something depending on the crime. but what i used to hear even whan standing still before i even moved my character, was the muffled talking amonst the police officers on the car radios....i have absolutly no idea why that would play on foot but it did

everything is almost correct now....cop car talk is in the cops cars, country music in the pick ups, other cars have the right radio. the base, electronic, rock you hear coming from buildings is all normal, the krishna chants are fine. the cops announce my crimes as i do them...on foot its all good. everything plays right now and so does the car radios....all but the cutting off of the car radios....its just after about 3 or 4 minutes of play it goes blank...i change cars, exit and reenter....nothing. i cant figure out why....its really bugging me >_<

nobody has any ideas still?

Edited by Xegethra

gtathebest4ever
i dont like how for some reason the cop cars play drum and base, and the pick up truck plays funk....it doesnt fit right.
IIRC this can be fixed by renaming files in \music folder - AFAIR you need to change Track1.wav to Track0.wav, Track2.wav to Track1.wav, etc.

I just did that and (I don't know if me doing that caused this, but) when I'm outside of a car it plays car radio + techno track. At once. And still no radio in the cars. It seems to be cutting off even sooner than usual now, so I'm not even sure if the right track plays for the right car.

Xegethra

yeah sometimes a car will play the wrong track. all you do is go into the music folder and rename the each music track, a number less. so track 3, you will have to rename track 2....

someone on this forum pointed this out to me, i cant remember ho it was but it really helped. however the cutting off of the radios still persists

B-$hep

I just saw the reply of Sektor actually somewhere here.

Now i can't find it.

You must rename specific files but i can't find the thread.

It's a law. If you really need it, you can't find it. Otherways it's at your eyes every day.

It's you Murphy again!!

Gta_Fanat1c

Yeah... I have the same problem. What are the correct names for the .wavs of the radios? Also none of my "loops" play (raver, rock, hip hop). sad.gif

EDIT: ok, I just saw Xegethra's reply, i'll try that.