2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

This may not be the last episode.

i think this new dlc is gonna be great,and i do believe that this is the last R* are doing for the IV era.

No way it's the end of the IV "era". It's only the end of these intersecting stories that take place at the same time in Liberty City. Why should this era have fewer games than the III era?

A lot of the previews called it the "IV Saga", referencing the entire GTA IV journey, but it can go either way. They can a make a couple of more games under the IV era, or they can go straight to "V", but I don't care which way it goes.

Nightwing 0613

Neither Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories had the III logo in it, but they were all part of the III universe.

There will be a lot more games set in the IV universe after TBoGT. If you notice the last 2 releases have ditched the IV logo.

We can expect more games set in the IV universe as full retail games & future DLC's for those games.

I reckon it'll be a long time before V comes out, which im guessing will be another universe. Unless R* just keeps this timeline and universe open for all future games going forward, which i would not mind in the least. I'd love to know what happens to characters from these 4 games down the road in the future as well as even seeing some of them appear in future games as cameos or bigger roles.

i think this new dlc is gonna be great,and i do believe that this is the last R* are doing for the IV era.

No way it's the end of the IV "era". It's only the end of these intersecting stories that take place at the same time in Liberty City. Why should this era have fewer games than the III era?

A lot of the previews called it the "IV Saga", referencing the entire GTA IV journey, but it can go either way. They can a make a couple of more games under the IV era, or they can go straight to "V", but I don't care which way it goes.

Let's think about that for a second. Every GTA 'era' has been a HUGE leap due the arrival of a new console or better technology. Are have any new consoles come out since IV's release? No. Has enough time passed that IV is now outdated and far behind technology? No. I don't expect the next era until at LEAST 2013. There is absolutely NO reason to abandon the current era. There is nothing substantial enough to warrant a completely new game built from the ground up. We'll see a couple more full games using slightly updated versions of the current technology but now a complete overhaul.

Algonquin Assassin

I really hope they aren't going to abandon the "IV era" so fast. There's alot more potential that hasn't been uncovered yet. I expect there to be atleast 2 mores game in GTA IV's timeline.

I just don't think R* would've spent all of that time developing R.A.G.E, and utlizing Eurphoria for one full game, and 2 DLCs.

Then again they might shock us all, and place the "GTA V" era onto this generation aswell.

Edited by Miamivicecity

You guys can argue all you want but let me tell you this. In a Month and a bit I will get episodes from liberty city come through my door. I will smile. I will rip off the packaging put it into my xbox 360 and play. It will be awesome.

PC and PS3 users will be left at home, wanking, having a life or playing GTA IV.

The simple fact of the matter is PCS and PS3s are better consoles, machines etc but when it comes down to it I only bought a 360 because I wanted the DLC content sooner than anybody else and charlie and all the other 360 haters can give me facts and figures but when it comes down to it I will be playing one of the most brilliant expansions to care.

*SAM33 SMILES AND WALKS OUT THE ROOM*

Console Peasant-PC Master race

Console peasant with Tlad and Bogt- Sad PC Master race

LostSoul 301281
In the most recent ROCKSTAR PROPAGANDA email (June 23), under "The Ballad of Gay Tony" it describes TBoGT as "the next episode". Now if this were the final episode, I would expect them to say something like "the second and final episode" or something, to make it sound more ultimate.

This is a VERY small observation and has little to know backbone as far as hard evidence goes. I just want more so badly, that I smiled when I saw that.

Personally I kind of hope that this is the last episode and that Rockstar move on to another city and story for the next big release.

I'm hoping for another Vice City, re-built from the ground up and designed to look a lot more like Miami than before, just like Liberty City has been modeled to look more like New York.

Keep the story in a more modern setting, so it doesn't look like some sort of re-make of the old VC.

buffalosoulj4h20

I want a full game, f*ck DLC. GTA IV was out more than a year ago, forget about it and move on after this.

• 2 weeks later...

2 more DLC's until the next full game, and the next GTA in 2011. And I know people are complaing about Liberty City, and how they are sick of it. But I am not sick of it, and even if I was at least Rockstar is giving us more content to play until the next full game comes out. What if they just made GTAIV with out DLC. That would suck. And I bet all you PS3 fanboys are happy! colgate.gif Here's the article.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/two-...xt-year-analyst

shinsta312

2 more DLC's until the next full game, and the next GTA in 2011. And I know people are complaing about Liberty City, and how they are sick of it. But I am not sick of it, and even if I was at least Rockstar is giving us more content to play until the next full game comes out. What if they just made GTAIV with out DLC. That would suck. And I bet all you PS3 fanboys are happy! colgate.gif  Here's the article.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/two-...xt-year-analyst

There's only one slight problem:

That's an analyst prediction, not an official announcement.

Besides, over 20 hands-on previews have stated that "The Ballad of Gay Tony" is the last episode.

So accept it. End of Story.

Not to mention that this article was written on February 7, 2009 (or July 2, if it is European format). This is actually pretty out of date and as mentioned, it is simply an analysts prediction. I actually can't imagine Rockstar Games putting out a new GTA game for the PS2, it just doesn't sound right.

Yeah, but in another article it said that a close source told them this. And it makes sense. Microsoft only payed for 2 exclusive DLCs. And PS3 users have been begging for some content. They would be dumb if they didn't make any more DLCs before the next GTA unless the next one was realsed soon. DLC's make money, and Rockstar knows that,

Edited by Amc
Isuck100%

This is a quote from another topic about whether or not TBoGT is the last DLC.

Here are a few quotes from some of the hands-on previews that mentioned TBOGT being the last episode:

From Kotaku:

I played and watched a few missions from Rockstar Games' next and final extension of Grand Theft Auto IV at the company's New York City headquarters yesterday. The new episode, which Rockstar says will be similar in size to the last one, offers a few notable game design tweaks but will most likely stand out to series fans as a modern way to reintroduce some of the eccentricities not seen in a console GTA since the PlayStation 2-era Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

From Spong:

The final chapter in the GTA IV saga, The Ballad of Gay Tony, looks to not only create a closure point that helps round off all the dark corners of Liberty City, but also reclaim some of the more light-hearted insane moments from the likes of San Andreas.

From 1UP.com:

Grand Theft Auto IV's final installment, The Ballad of Gay Tony, has you playing a straight-up baller who fires expensive guns, parachutes where he pleases, and robs entire trains single-handedly. Rockstar views GTA4 as its take on the American dream, with each installment portraying a different version via the story and gameplay.

From IGN:

Ten minutes into my first experience with the second (and final) GTA IV downloadable episode, I hijacked a train by carrying it to an empty ballfield via helicopter.

The Ballad of Gay Tony brings the GTA IV saga to a close and Rockstar wanted to go all out for the finale. From what I've played, it seems they've done just that. The Ballad of Gay Tony is an action-heavy, explosion-filled episode that could just leave Liberty City in rubble.

From G4TV.com:

In this second downloadable episode for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV, players are exposed to the glitzy excesses of Liberty City through the eyes of Luis Lopez, main thug of famed night club titan Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"). Featuring new vehicles, new songs, new weapons and much more, the last chapter promises to bring the GTAIV saga to an explosive and brilliant conclusion.

When Grand Theft Auto IV launched nearly 18 months ago, Rockstar Games promised a revamped Liberty City that was bigger than anyone lurking in it. It was a bold claim to make; after all, the PS2-generation GTAs always ended with you in control of the game world. But at the end of Niko Bellic’s American tale, two words brought that chapter to a close: “you won.” It was an ironic statement, since Niko finished out the game as a small fish in a big ocean. With The Lost and Damned, Johnny Klebitz discovered the sobering limits of loyalty and brotherhood with his biker gang. And with Rockstar’s final chapter of this GTA story arc, The Ballad of Gay Tony, we’ll see the seedy underbelly of the city’s glamorous nightlife. Probably after filling it with buckshot.

From Digital Spy:

In the pantheon of classic video game worlds, Grand Theft Auto IV's Liberty City would surely hold a pretty lofty seat. Even considering the formidable standards of the GTA universe, this living, breathing version of New York City really raised the bar to a whole new level. So it's perhaps fitting that the final episode from this acclaimed city will be bigger, bolder and brighter than ever.

What is abundantly clear, though, is that Rockstar North wants The Ballad Of Gay Tony to ensure that Liberty City goes out with a loud and very proud bang.

From NOWGamer:

The Ballad Of Gay Tony is the last major piece of DLC exclusive to Xbox 360. ‘Tis verily a shame to see the end of it, not least of all because it seems to us that only now can we experience all of the dimensions of Liberty City.

From UGO GamesBlog:

The Ballad of Gay Tony, the second of the two part episodic expansion to GTA IV, sticks to the trend. Call it the Tony Scott Period; Rockstar's take on the modern action flick.

From Eurogamer:

The Ballad of Gay Tony is also the episode which will bring the entirety of GTA IV to its conclusion. It's been an exhaustive tour through Rockstar's eternal city, kicking off so long ago in the gloom of night with Nico's low-key arrival. It seems only fitting that the whole thing's going to end, a million miles away in terms of tone, with a cheery kind of chaos, bidding adieu in a freewheeling muddle of speedboats, fireballs and hair's-breadth base-jump landings.

TBoGT is the last episode, no question about it!

who gives a sh*t, im sick of that bullsh*t, microsoft only wanted 2 dlc so no more, unless they are releasing them for ps3 too, maybe 1. But i really think they should concentrate on making the next gta.

Matthias King

It seems a decent case can be made for both sides. I've seen things like this in the games industry and also in things like film and TV where something is speculated by an insider or something like that, then it's denied, and then later it turns out to be true. By the same token, you see things like this that get floated around as rumor, but ultimately never come to fruition. This could be either one. Just because something or something(s) said that BOGT is THE FINAL episode, don't bet all your money on that.

Maybe it's a case that it actually IS the last episode of EXCLUSIVE DLC, so that makes it halfway true, but it's not actually the last DLC.

Regardless, I hope it's true. Fiscal 2011, whichever quarter they choose for GTA V, that's a pretty long way away. Two more DLC's between now and then doesn't seem that hard to believe. Time will tell.

TBoGT could possibly (and most likely) be the last Downloadable Episode, but that doesn't mean it's the last Downloable Content. DLC doesn't necessarily mean another full episode, it could simply be more weapons, features, etc. I personally wouldn't care if anymore content isn't released due to I'm not a fan of DL material. Although I will be getting Liberty City Episodes on disc.

Isuck100%

As if we needed more proof that TBoGT was the last episode, here's an excerpt from the brand new IGN article:

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony may be the end of downloadable episodes for the game, but at least Rockstar is going out with a bang.

Hi guys,well this is gonna be my first post so it might make you happy.

You see one of my closer friends worked for Rockstar North while they were developing GTA IV.

As you all remember Microsoft invested 60M$ into the GTA IV project.

To develop the game R* dropped more then 120M$...

So I'm gonna tell your right now,this ain't the last DLC!

AZAZEL
So I'm gonna tell your right now,this ain't the last DLC!

Please don't start spreading such ill facts without any sort of source to back it up. And the fact that one of your friends worked for Rockstar North is not a liable source. The fact that you are convinced that Microsoft paid $60 million for the exclusive rights to the DLCs, as opposed to the publically known $50 million, only adds to my scepticism.

GOURANGA!!

one question, did microsoft do that payout just for downloadable content?

because if so doesn't that make episodes of liberty city (a retail purchase game) an exception to the rule?

this is in no way flame bait, just an honest question i've been pondering..

does that mean in some way that there may still be a possibility that Episodes From Liberty City might be coming to the PS3?

don't know if this question has been asked/answered, and just to note, im in no way at all a fanboy (got both consoles) just wanted to know what people think is all..

shinsta312

one question, did microsoft do that payout just for downloadable content?

because if so doesn't that make episodes of liberty city (a retail purchase game) an exception to the rule?

this is in no way flame bait, just an honest question i've been pondering..

does that mean in some way that there may still be a possibility that Episodes From Liberty City might be coming to the PS3?

don't know if this question has been asked/answered, and just to note, im in no way at all a fanboy (got both consoles) just wanted to know what people think is all..

I think that since EFLC is more of a compilation pack, rather than a full game, it isn't really considered an exception to that payout. But it doesn't necessarily mean that it's not gonna come to the PS3.

We're gonna to wait next year and find out if it's coming at all. Next year is the best time to make some sort of announcement, because by 2011, R* North will likely be focusing on Agent and the next GTA game.

Nightwing 0613

I wouldn't mind another DLC after TBoGt. I vote for Gordon Sargent as the main character & if not him, then a female protaganist.

FearTheLiving

I was hoping Rockstar would do something like this. I don't understand why people don't want anymore DLC. I for one like the DLC and would like them to pump out a few here and there while they still continue to work on GTA V (Working Title) and Agent ect. So far it isn't looking that way but a man can dream can't he?

If your to lazy to look I'll break it down.

-DLC with an Italian Gambetti Member

-DLC would bring his rank up to around Capo

-DLC would hint at the next GTA to take place in Las Venturas with the same character

Edited by FearTheLiving
  • 2 weeks later...
shinsta312
I don't understand why people don't want anymore DLC.

It's not that people don't want another DLC, but they probably would rather play a new full GTA at this point.

Well I would like to see just small add ons from Rockstar after The Ballad of Gay Tony. For example, updated multiplayer clothes, new models (like the zombie, we could be aliens or pirates 'arr) and I am sure Rockstar can always now and then add more interiors as I felt this was a huge let down. Just my opinion. smile.gif

Insane Kane
Well I would like to see just small add ons from Rockstar after The Ballad of Gay Tony. For example, updated multiplayer clothes, new models (like the zombie, we could be aliens or pirates 'arr) and I am sure Rockstar can always now and then add more interiors as I felt this was a huge let down. Just my opinion. smile.gif

i fully agree i wish they would do updates like that, wouldnt hurt