I Swallowed A Stinkbug!

ghost of delete key

I used to get bit by ants quite commonly as a child, and when I turned 14, I also poured a half a gallon of petrol down a nest and burned them.

Did you know ants pop, you know, like corn?

Also, I hate bugs, I'm phobic. As soon as they appear (especially spiders and big millipedes) I either run away, or smack them.

You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.

On the plus side i doubt we will see many stinkbugs in the UK because of the more or less year long winters we have here.

I'v saw some kicking about my window. Didn't know they were stink bugs mercie_blink.gif

I thought they looked quite cool (shape wise) and if i remember rightly, it had a really shiny bit on its back.

Was getting a bit too close to coming in so i pinged it out. Havent saw one since smile.gif

I used to have one of those about that size. Mine was the orange Peruvian kind. I never held it like that, for sure. Those things are so fast that if you drop them it's really hard to catch them again. Plus, they have a venomous bite. That guy must be a f*cking idiot.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

The only thing worse then bugs are big bugs. Damn, I hate bugs.

The only thing worse then bugs are big bugs. Damn, I hate bugs.

Ha ha so true

Made me think of Men in Black there tounge.gif

Small spiders i can deal with.. big ones, need to die devil.gif

Really no worries, researches say that it's possible for any types of bugs to end up in our mouths during each night or so.. Hundreds during life anyways.

Thats kinda nasty tho, I hate stinkbugs, yack. I remember when I was 9 a bee ended up inside my Pepsi Max bottle and I drank the Pepsi, god damn I'm glad that my brother was there and hit my back so I spitted it out, don't know what kinda sh*t it could do, sting me or sumn.

8wjrzl.png

ghost of delete key

Nice centipede!

Yeah, they can deliver a nasty bite. I wouldn't f*ck with it.

When I was a kid, I had a Mexican Red-legged tarantula.

The damn thing lived for 13 years. I had a nice collection of skins from when it would shed them.

Great for scaring the piss outta the girls in my class. tounge.gif

I don't mess with spiders anymore though, took a bit to the finger about 2 years ago, and damn near lost my finger from the venom-rot it gave me. There's still no feeling in the tip of that finger.

Besides, the venom f*cks up your liver and pancreas, and I suffered diabetic stroke and lost little pieces of retinal tissue as a result. I can still "see" a few blind spots, very annoying when there's bright or flashing lights.

My blood sugar was up at around 495 when that happened. cry.gif

From what I understand, a little more than that can kill you.

Needless to say, I'm VERY careful about spiders these days, and just happy to be alive.

scagv35.jpg

"I can just imagine him driving off the edge of a cliff like Thelma & Louise, playing his Q:13 mix at full volume, crying into a bottle." - Craig

What did you get bit by, your tarantula or some other spider?

I got bit by a 'Widow this summer, the scary part is I didn't even notice it biting me, I just saw the spider crawl away later. As I got home the bite mark got all swollen, like a bump and pale, with two red dots on it.

It wasn't that bad, just one night of spewing my brains out, splitting headaches and extreme nausea.

You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.

Ewww the thought of bugs being alive in my mouth is horrifying. Think yourself lucky though because one time many moons ago I bit down on a wasp, like actually bit into its body. it was disgusting, and yes, it did sting me... it stang the f*ck outta my gums!

Edited by Wipex President Mike

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

Bumping old topics should be a bannable offense. I couldn't figure out if I was having wickedly awesome de ja vu or if GodK was posting copy pasta, but I read this when he first posted it and I was like, "Man, I know I've read this before."

I was like, "Wow, how did you make this mistake again?" honestly...

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

ghost of delete key
Bumping old topics should be a bannable offense. I couldn't figure out if I was having wickedly awesome de ja vu or if GodK was posting copy pasta, but I read this when he first posted it and I was like, "Man, I know I've read this before."

I was like, "Wow, how did you make this mistake again?" honestly...

Lawzes. colgate.gif

Hey, I didn't bump it, but what can ya do?

@Gundog:

I don't know exactly what kind it was. The tarantula is long gone.

We have black widows and brown recluse here, and some other ghost-gray things with rather large black fangs. It was likely one of the latter two.

I never saw it, I just woke up one day and my finger was red and sore, and got progressively worse. The tip-off was there was no associated infection. Cultures came back negative. But it looked like leprosy. cry.gif

scagv35.jpg

"I can just imagine him driving off the edge of a cliff like Thelma & Louise, playing his Q:13 mix at full volume, crying into a bottle." - Craig

Murcchachosa
I'm sure its just thinking about them that makes you sick, not them their-selves, i don't think they'd cause any kind of illness. Myself, i've only ever swallowed a fly or two, and they sit around on feces, i wasn't ill from it though.

Nah, I didn't actually swallow the bugs, they just made themselves into a wonderfully robust brew in the dregs of my coffee.

And it seriously did cause stomach upset, like mild heartburn, no nausea, bit slight dizziness and a touch of headache around the eyes and temples. I'm not easily grossed out; it wasn't psychosomatic... it was definitely a reaction.

But it's cool now, it's done with-

unless you count the lingering urge to climb to the roof and attempt to fly off....

bbbzzzzzzzzzzz.... tounge2.gif

<edit>

@tripmills:

you mean like this?

user posted image

Keep enough of them in the house, and they'll keep the stinkbugs at bay.

biggrin.gif

Ow hell f*cking no!!

When I see that thing, I'll trap it so hard s he will die twice!

That thing is too damn scary.

@Ghost of delete key lol, can you delete keys?

If the symptones keep appears, you better goto

the hospital.

Especially when you have heartburn.

But what does mean heartburn?

Dizzy is an ancient symptone.

But, how the hell did you succeeded to swallow them??

And how big are these horrible stink-ass bugs?

I kill all these bugs/insects death when I see any bug/insect.

And crunchy?

Aw, so dirty and nasty crap.

user posted image

You guys reminded me of the times when I pour my milk in a cup, sometimes there will be bubbles in it while i pour it so it looks like something was in it. Then ill act like WTF JUST FELL IN MY MILK?

ghost of delete key

... and users and entire intranets.

I am not for hire.

If the symptones keep appears, you better goto

the hospital.

Especially when you have heartburn.

But what does mean heartburn?

Dizzy is an ancient symptone.

But, how the hell did you succeeded to swallow them??

And how big are these horrible stink-ass bugs?

I kill all these bugs/insects death when I see any bug/insect.

And crunchy?

Aw, so dirty and nasty crap.

Have you not read the topic from the first post? All of this was covered in gory detail... months ago.

scagv35.jpg

Look near your insert, home, end, page up and down keys and you'll find where his name came from. (I think)

90FHTZo.png

ghost of delete key

Look near your insert, home, end, page up and down keys and you'll find where his name came from. (I think)

Not even close.

Thanks for playing, and remember, all our contestants go home with stinkbug flavored Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat™!

scagv35.jpg

Midnight Special

Gross. Definately Gross. I hate bugs. I was once trying to find something on the floor and a cockroach was almost getting in my mouth!

• 2 months later...

-Legit bump-

Sitting here with my 19(i think) year old cat on my lap. I heard something smack into the wall. I thought "oh f*ck, stinkbug".

Sure enough the stinky bastard then smashed into my monitor causing frail old ,Lucy, to fall off my lap because it startled the sh*t out of me.

The cat is fine, but now there is a stinkbug somewhere on my desk. They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so solid and chunky and had some damn flying skills.

I flipped over 2 dvd spindle covers. If I find him dead in one tomorrow I will take a photo. Upside down spindle covers seem to be where they want to die.

Damn. my first wasp sting ever sucked. I found these ramps in this grassy patch and I didnt know that the wasps had a nest underneath it. I went off it like twice and on my 3rd time this wasp came out and stung me RIGHT above my left eye, it was literally millimeters away from my eyeball... imagine if that bugger actually got me there

user posted image

ghost of delete key

I friggin' hate the ice and cold, but at least that means there's no stinkbugs crawling about.

But when the weather warms up...

Sitting here with my 19(i think) year old cat on my lap. I heard something smack into the wall. I thought "oh f*ck, stinkbug".

Yeah, it's that time again.

Now that all the snow is gone, and we now have barbeque-standard weather, the little bastards are literally coming out of the woodwork.

But for every one you find in the house, there's another 1000 you'll never bump into. I still X them anyway, you could never put enough of a dent in their population.

Tripmills - they instinctively crawl into any tight, concealed space they can find to hibernate. A good portion of them die in situ during the winter, which creates a potential mold hazard for indoor spaces.

You get a few years worth of dead bugs in the rafters, and mold and fungus will readily grow on them. cry.gif

Not healthy.

@ Mr.Mister:

That sucks bad. A couple of years ago I mowed over a huge nest of yellowjackets.

My legs were literally covered up past the knees like one of those bearded bee dudes. Luck for heavy denim. I nearly wore shorts that day.

I still took 20-30 hits on my back and arms and a few on my legs. By the time I raced to the corner store for Benadryl and back, my arms blew up rock solid like baseball bats. sad.gif

Particularly vicious creatures, suited only for Hell.

And don't worry about the necro, trippy. biggrin.gif

We all know you're not the spammy type.

Now if it were Slamman... nervous.gif (you know we'd be talking about videodisc technology right now)

BTW, I'm proud to announce that I haven't ingested any arthropods since I Swallowed A Stinkbug, unless you count the occasional shrimp. cool.gif

scagv35.jpg

ZombieFrogger

Damn man thats nasty.I have a friend that had Coke a Cola (in one of those cups things at the movies) and a YellowJacket Flew into his drink and it was still kicking and it stung his throat, it got all puffy he looked like the Spitter from l4d. I dont think you have anything you need to worry about, the stink bugs harmless....I think

ghost of delete key
I dont think you have anything you need to worry about, the stink bugs harmless....I think

Yeah, I posted the OP 6 months ago - I'm pretty sure I'm outta the woods on this one.

Close call. dozingoff.gif

(but they really DO taste like sh*t.)

scagv35.jpg

Well, he didn't die over night, but also didn't go far.

user posted image

It being morning my main goal is to make sure he doesn't find his stinky ass way into my coffee.

kevin2006rhs

My 94 year old great grandmother is going bonkers because of those f*ckers. She finds two or three a day in her house and, with the aid of he senile mind, thinks there is a buggy invasion in the works. So I get the duty of bug bombing her house on Tuesday.

The worst I have ever seen was at the worst cable install of my Comcast Cable Technician career. I started the day happy because I was working close to home...actually in the town I live in. The day was going fine, my techs were doing good and I was one job from going home early (4pm). My GPS sends me out to an end of my town I didn't know existed. Way out in Bumf*ck, Nowhere where this trailer sat atop a tree covered hill. The trailer was a sh*theap. I have nothing against people living in trailers. Hell, even some of those doublewides are pretty f*cking fancy. But this place was a mess and it reeked of dog/cat piss and had the look to go with the smell. Everything was rotted, the floor, not the carpet, the floor sank with every step. The furniture was covered in dirt, dust, fur, food and garbage. To top it all off, there were about 6 people living in this singlewide trailer.

All the windows in the house are lined with those damn stinkbugs. But it got better. When I looked even closer at the windows, one of which was a huge living room window that probably measured somewhere around 4x6ft, the little bugs were actually stuck in between the double layers of glass. A f*cking insulation of buggy nastiness.

The owner, who I think took out a second mortgage on his trailer for the cable, was walking me through the house telling me where he wanted cable run, the internet at, and where all his phone lines were going to need to be. He finally gets me back to the living room and says "But most of all I want that new DeeVeeArr thingamajig (holy f*ck that's a real word) here." I think that this job will go quick and I will get home and it will all be worth it. I turn to walk towards the front door but something is amiss. I hear a creek in the floor, then a crackling, and my feet suddenly sink further into the floorboards than they were during the tour of my customers humble abode. Before I could even think about taking a quick step, I fall chest deep through the floor all the way down to the ground that the trailer was parked on.

First thing I notice was the burning sensation from the tiny scratched the degraded wood splinters left in me from shin to chest. Second thing was the ungodly swarm of stinkbugs that was flying up my ass and out from under my chest through the floor. And the third thing that hit me was the worst...the smell. Atop the bugs, the stinky carpet, and being nose level with about every other sh*t-caked item in the house, I landed in a giant lake curtsy of a broken septic system. Knee f*cking deep in human waste, covered in stink bugs and cuts, and pissed off more than I have ever been in my life. I finally wiggled my way out of the floor and up to trailer level. I crawl, yes crawled, to the front door scared that I could fall through the floor yet again. When I opened the door, the second cloud of bugs passed over me making their escape.

I stomped over to my car, strip to my underwear, put on my spare jeans and a pair of sneakers, toss my ripped, torn, and defiled clothes on their front yard, and tear off towards home. I called my boss to tell him the house was too unsanitary to work in and cancel the job out without going into too many details. I suffer the drive home but right as I pull up to my apartment, I get a phone call from my boss. He freaks out on me because the customer is claiming I broke their floor and is demanding compensation as well as an immediate install of their cable. I explained the situation as best I could, albeit somewhat hostile towards my boss, and he doesn't listen. I quit. I told him I wasn't coming into work again and that he could pick up the truck anytime he wants.

The next day, I get a phone call around 3pm. It was my boss. He apologized to me, gave me two more days off paid, and told me that he went and evaluated the situation. Turns out, when he walked through the door and into the living room, the homeowners just put a piece of plywood on the hole and covered it with carpet but failed to warn my boss. My boss, being a slightly heftier guy that I, fell through harder and deeper than I did, enlarging the hole, and stirring up the nest of stinkbugs again. Only this time, he fell all the way through and had to crawl out from under the trailer.

When I did eventually come back to work, we sat in the parking lot exchanging words and showing each other wounds like WWII vets at a gathering as we picked the remaining stinkbugs out of our trucks.

I f*cking hate bugs. angry.gif They are trying to take over the world.

I hope they all f*cking die and go to hell.

ghost of delete key
It being morning my main goal is to make sure he doesn't find his stinky ass way into my coffee.

I have a great recipe for stinkbug coffe if you do change your mind. tounge.gif

the worst cable install of my Comcast Cable Technician career

Holy Freaking Epic!

That has to be the sickest on-the-job story I've ever heard.

Mike Rowe has nothing on you. biggrin.gif

I have a feeling you were on the wrong end of the cable business.

Make a show. Get rich. smile.gif

scagv35.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.