3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Police Cruiser

Lt.Caine

Can someone make the Cruiser and Patrol in the Metropolitan Police (London/UK) Livery please?

This livery here:

user posted image

I know someone on the Forum has already made 2 vehicles in the Metropolitan Police livery, but I can't seem to see the pictures as I only download stuff when I see a preview of it first Picture/Videos

I'd love to have a metropolitan Police Car, seeing as I live in Britain too.. never had one in a GTA game.

Well Choppie, this might help (some Met skins for the CVPI):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Similar skins for other models will likely come at later dates.

Edited by Lt.Caine
Yea, now I remember that the 'read only' problem is sometimes a hidden trap for playing with mods smile.gif

@GTA C13

Well, the possibility must be quite low, but I came up with another solution. Do you have the correct "file check fix" inside your gtaIV directory?

That could be it. I've never downloaded one of those before. Thanks, I'll tell you if it works.

EDIT: Tried it, but now on the start screen there are no options (like start, load game, those ones). I have tried it on Patches 1.0.2, 1.0.3, and 1.0.4

are you trying this on Vista?

Yea, now I remember that the 'read only' problem is sometimes a hidden trap for playing with mods smile.gif

@GTA C13

Well, the possibility must be quite low, but I came up with another solution. Do you have the correct "file check fix" inside your gtaIV directory?

That could be it. I've never downloaded one of those before. Thanks, I'll tell you if it works.

EDIT: Tried it, but now on the start screen there are no options (like start, load game, those ones). I have tried it on Patches 1.0.2, 1.0.3, and 1.0.4

are you trying this on Vista?

Yeah, I'm using a Vista x64. What do I have to do differently because of it?

Well Choppie, this might help (some Met skins for the CVPI):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These are very good, thank you, Caine! (Here's a cookie cookie.gifcookie.giflol.gif )

Btw, what car, if any, are you woking on atm? I am intrigued by your latest Chev Impala

dj jazzy death
Lt.Caine, How about ALT-TEXTURES IMPALA, Would be lovely, i've been waiting ages

if u mean the multiple textures impala(ya for all i know u could mean something else but i'm just trying to help biggrin.gif ) its on gpm(www.gtapolicemods.com). Notice: Ya u do have to register to download, and the impala should be on the lower right hand side, if not go to downloads, and so on.... Hope it was what u were looking for.

dj jazzy death
no i mean ALT-TEXTURES as in pack of all the different skin textures. you know png files.

oh ok but i say just try looking on gpm, for all u know it could be there(i dont know cause i havent checked in a while). Hope that could help.

no i mean ALT-TEXTURES as in pack of all the different skin textures. you know png files.

oh ok but i say just try looking on gpm, for all u know it could be there(i dont know cause i havent checked in a while). Hope that could help.

I've checked, there isn't one

dj jazzy death

I've checked, there isn't one

ok, well i tried atleast.

I think this says it all. Just wait patiently.

If you can't... well there are some skins for Impala on GPM, which other people have already made smile.gif

Excuse me for the bump.

For those who haven't noticed, there is now a European taste Range Rover police car with multiple skins, made by Lt.Caine at GPM now.

Hi whenever I add these models with the NYPD textures to the Vehicles.img I get a weird bug where only very few cars types spawn: cop cars, taxis, and perhaps one or two others. The other cars can change what they are, but it's a situation where all I see is traffic composed of 80% taxi 10% cops 10% clones. This bug is directly tied to Vehicles.img because swapping it in and out with the original solves the problem.

Also the game can be very unstable and is prone to CTD during police chases.

Any idea why?

@ rezzr: Unfortunately, that is quite normal. My guess is that the sheer size of the high quality models causes some memory issue and, well, you've witnessed the consequences. As for the crashes, those happen too, although mostly in multiplayer, where car mods are all the more unstable.

UPDATE

- TAHO Alt. Texture pack 01 released.

- IMP1 Alt. Texture pack 01 released.

- CVPI Alt. Texture pack 05 released (including GTAPoliceMods 1 year anniversary celebratory paintjob).

- RRVR V1.8M released.

CVPI-V2.5M with GPM alternate texture (included in CVPI Alt. Texture pack 05)

user posted image

RRVR V1.8M

user posted image

user posted image

Can you make this:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

if you can make it on the Buffalo it would be great... and can you make it say Liberty City instead of New York?

Thanks biggrin.gif

@ rezzr: Unfortunately, that is quite normal. My guess is that the sheer size of the high quality models causes some memory issue and, well, you've witnessed the consequences. As for the crashes, those happen too, although mostly in multiplayer, where car mods are all the more unstable.

UPDATE

- TAHO Alt. Texture pack 01 released.

- IMP1 Alt. Texture pack 01 released.

- CVPI Alt. Texture pack 05 released (including GTAPoliceMods 1 year anniversary celebratory paintjob).

- RRVR V1.8M released.

CVPI-V2.5M with GPM alternate texture (included in CVPI Alt. Texture pack 05)

(Image removed)

RRVR V1.8M

(Images removed)

Err, were we meant to get the Met skin in the download for the Range Rover?

Hi Lt.Caine,

I'm working on a new car pack and I was looking for police car to replace "police" and "police2" cars.

I found this mod on gta4-mod.com, but I wasn't aware of the real author, WafuTom only says he had made the textures.

So, because (on my taste) the texture was awfull, I've made a few modifications. you can see picture in my topic.

I saw your name in the texture png, and I finally find you!

This morning I've found GTA police mod and registered, and now I know that you are the author of all those police car.

So first of all: congratz!

Then I wanna ask you some help, because I must admit I'm a bit lost with all those models!

I'm looking for realistic replacement for those car:

•Enforcer:

•FIB Buffalo:

•NOOSE cruiser:

•NOOSE Patriot:

•Police:

•Police2:

•Police Stockade:

I'm sure you can be a great help in this research.

So what cars would you use?

If you want to share you experience, you are very welcome on our topic.

I'm also here to ask your permission to use some of your mod in our pack, cause we allways ask permission to every author and have great respect for modders like you.

I need some help. I installed the Hazmat Truck with the reskin so it would replace the Noose Stockade. But whenever I try to turn, the vehicle instantly flips over. Is there a handling line that can fix this? Thanks

I need some help. I installed the Hazmat Truck with the reskin so it would replace the Noose Stockade. But whenever I try to turn, the vehicle instantly flips over. Is there a handling line that can fix this? Thanks

I don't think Lt.Caine has support responsiblity for HAZMAT truck, since it's distributed by bxbugs.

Anyway, the problem is simple. Go edit your vehicles.ide file and replace line of Noose Stockade partially with firetruck (leave the first two car name as original), and the car shouldn't atleast, flip over like mad. The car still runs strange at this point, so replace the stockade handling in the handling.dat with firetruck. It will affect all stockade series handling but it will sove the problem mostly.

Edited by JJJ8

I don't think Lt.Caine has support responsiblity for HAZMAT truck, since it's distributed by bxbugs.

Anyway, the problem is simple. Go edit your vehicles.ide file and replace line of Noose Stockade partially with firetruck (leave the first two car name as original), and the car shouldn't atleast, flip over like mad. The car still runs strange at this point, so replace the stockade handling in the handling.dat with firetruck. It will affect all stockade series handling but it will sove the problem mostly.

Thanks, I see what I did wrong now. I did it with the wrong stockade silly me! lol.gif Now I just have to get my game working again! sad.gif

Hi Lt.Caine,

I'm working on a new car pack and I was looking for police car to replace "police" and "police2" cars.

I found this mod on gta4-mod.com, but I wasn't aware of the real author, WafuTom only says he had made the textures.

So, because (on my taste) the texture was awfull, I've made a few modifications. you can see picture in my topic.

This morning I've found GTA police mod and registered, and now I know that you are the author of all those police car.

Then I wanna ask you some help, because I must admit I'm a bit lost with all those models!

•Enforcer:

•FIB Buffalo:

•NOOSE cruiser:

•NOOSE Patriot:

•Police:

•Police2:

•Police Stockade:

I'm also here to ask your permission to use some of your mod in our pack, cause we allways ask permission to every author and have great respect for modders like you.

Still me with my question. blush.gif

I've been around all the GPM download and I can't find any "New york" police car, is ther a reason for that? (copyrigth or something else?)

Can I have the permission to make one?

By the way I've downloaded the chevrolet impala and your version with the four different livery is a very good idea, because it add diversity to the game,

but woul it be possible to have 4 différent licences plate that goes with the livery? actually I think licence plate should be part of the livery (if possible)

thank you.

Hi Lt.Caine,

•Enforcer:

•FIB Buffalo:

•NOOSE cruiser:

•NOOSE Patriot:

•Police:

•Police2:

•Police Stockade:

Still me with my question. blush.gif

I've been around all the GPM download and I can't find any "New york" police car, is ther a reason for that? (copyrigth or something else?)

Can I have the permission to make one?

By the way I've downloaded the chevrolet impala and your version with the four different livery is a very good idea, because it add diversity to the game,

but woul it be possible to have 4 différent licences plate that goes with the livery? actually I think licence plate should be part of the livery (if possible)

thank you.

Try this:

http://gtapolicemods.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3996

smile.gif

@Gus-84

Like NYPD55 posted, there are bunches of NYPD skins out there. You don't need any permissions as long as you don't make money with it, so keep on searching smile.gif

As for the license plate, I think I saw the conversation on chasez FCV topic, but it will be a hard thing. Since it all spawns randomly, it is a really hard thing to match with the skin number.

So I'd say it must be better to leave it as it's be, for now.

Hey.

Theres a lot of Crown vics, and other sedan police cars on GMP. But why dont you guys make some trucks? I'd love to see a ford esu truck or sth like that. blush.gif

Theres a lot of Crown vics, and other sedan police cars on GMP. But why dont you guys make some trucks? I'd love to see a ford esu truck or sth like that.  blush.gif

What I've head from Lt.Caine is that he has lots of work to do on bug fixing and updates on his cars and etc etc...so he's busy now. I don't think he has enough time for taking requests.

You also need a ready-made ford truck and the modders permission, since Lt.Caine is not a scratch build car modder (if you're talking about real cars like FCV or Impala)

There's already a HAZMAT truck from bxbugs, and there's a NYPD ESU utility pick-up being constructed by other creator on GPM. Might be better to keep your patience with those for now smile.gif

I'm patient, just told my idea. smile.gif

Anyway, I'm quite sure he's not available for taking requests...or 'ideas' atm. If he was, I'll be spamming this topic and his PM box with tons of ideas, lol lol.gif

(Not talking by imaginations, by the way)

Edited by JJJ8